[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ I need some advice on how to progress in this shitty game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: diablo-3-new1.jpg (613 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
diablo-3-new1.jpg
613 KB, 1920x1200
/v/ I need some advice on how to progress in this shitty game. I started playing again yesterday and my only character at 70 seems to hold up okay. I've been reliably clearing Torment III (not much but whatever) Rifts and I had a whopping ONE set piece drop that was actually useful, the only real upgrade I've found through hours and hours of playing yesterday.
What the fuck are you supposed to do if no good gear drops? This is a bit aggravating as it's like there is no way to achieve progression. Should I be farming Horaldic Caches or some shit? Or keep to running Rifts? I did a few GRifts but I missed the timing for completing a T4 Rift by maybe a minute.
tl;dr wat do

>Yes I know the game is shit
>No I'm not saying the game is good
>>
>>341709993
>What the fuck are you supposed to do if no good gear drops?

sacrifice your firstborn to RNGesus
>>
>>341709993
Not be retarded, read new patch notes, get good, Kanai's cube.
>>
>>341709993
what class are you
>>
>>341709993
Use the RMAH :^)
>>
If you're playing a season character you get a free set for completing the first bit of the season journey thing that they have, depending on the character you can easily farm t6-t8 without needing anything else.
>>
dude you must be fuckin retarted because it should take about six hours to go from hitting 70 to breezing through T10 and hitting low-50s in GRifts
>>
>>341709993
Hope to god you get a puzzle ring then use it in kanais cube to go to greeds realm
>>
>>341710489
this.
get the free set from doing all the season achievements. helps a lot for starting out your farming
>>
Play PoE
>>
>>341710703
>dude lmao I'm so good at this game you fucking suck
Ebin shitpost
>>
>>341710281
Barbarian

>>341710489
Don't seasons require you to restart a whole new character from scratch?

>>341710703
I don't see how.

>>341710706
And that's a general random drop, huh? I thought about going after specific 'decent' items (like a Hellfire Amulet) but that's the only one I know of.

>>341710895
Why play PoE when I can play Grim Dawn?
>>
>>341710961
it's not about being good at the game... it's the fact that the game showers you with godlike items and is piss-easy regardless of difficulty setting.
>>
>>341711041
>Don't seasons require you to restart a whole new character from scratch?
Yes, you can get someone to powerlevel you by begging in a general chat.
>>
>>341711041
generally playing a new character each season is what people do. it's what my friends and I do at least.
>>
>>341711357
I'd rather just keep to my own already-established character instead of having to create a new character every so often in order to get anywhere meaningful. But that's just me.
>>
>>341711457
So beyond the free random set, are there any other reasons to play during a season? Beyond leaderboards and those types of things. If I wasn't playing solo, I'd consider it.
>>
>>341711603
beyond that, season exclusives are not gamechanging at all. it's kindof just a fun way to reset your game/paragon levels when they do new patches.
Some people like it, some people hate it. it's optional anyway
>>
File: 1463804501075.jpg (278 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463804501075.jpg
278 KB, 800x600
>>341711887
just thought I'd add:
when a season ends, your seasonal characters still exist with all their items and levels. You can choose to "rebirth" them into the new season and reset their level and items, and put them into your seasonal item/paragon pool
>>
>>341711887
Yeah if I could even start with a fresh 70 then I'd give it a shot but I'm way too lazy and uninterested to level up another character.

>>341712083
Hm, maybe I'll read up on this "rebirth" deal.
>>
>>341711239
The game does not shower you with godlike items, he's flat out saying he's not getting drops. You only get maybe one legendary per t3 rift unless you're wearing the cain set.
>>
>>341712168
Welp couldn't really find anything substantial on what you described, beyond stating that any Seasonal characters will be merged to your non-Seasonal account, along with items and whatnot.

Guess I'm just stuck with my nodrops unless I embrace masochism and level something else.
>>
You need literal autism to play this game beyond beating the story and burning up a couple hardcore characters.

Actual, legitimate autism.
>>
File: jackie-chan-kungfu-yoga.jpg (38 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
jackie-chan-kungfu-yoga.jpg
38 KB, 400x320
>>341712486
it's not too hard to find someone to powerlevel you,
if someone runs you through T10 rifts you'll be 70 in under 30 minutes.

>>341712578
This game is great when you just want to space out after work, drink a beer and do some grinding for gear, it's definitely a nice break from heavily competitive games
>>
>>341712832
I hate asking for things from people but maybe I'll get desperate. We'll see. Are all five classes fun with their free set-build?

Also shitty battle.net servers are broke so can't even log on.
>>
>a lot of replies at the start
>nothing now
goddommit /v/
>>
>>341713120
dunno, I've only played crusader this season, and witch doctor in season 4.

Have you played at all in the current iteration of the game? there are a few ways to give yourself chances at gear you need.
blood shards are one way to gamble for gear. as well as kanai's cube's many ways of manipulating items including upgrading a yellow piece to a random legendary of the same slot

the whole entire game is RNG, but in varied methods that are all based on farming. if you don't enjoy the farming you just won't enjoy the game.
>>
I've played Diablo 3 it was epic but Path of Exile is better
>>
>>341713968
My Crusader is actually my other highest-leveled alt but only around 56 or so.

Yesterday was the first time I've played in several months. I need to do the Kanai's Cube quest too.

Here are some simpler questions I probably should have asked earlier:
>Should I be farming Caches at all or strictly running Rifts?
>Should I run GRifts ASAP or save the keystones until a certain point?
>>
File: 1463476798887.gif (1 MB, 284x261) Image search: [Google]
1463476798887.gif
1 MB, 284x261
>>341714259
Running bounties gives increased chance to get certain items like the ring that lowers set bonus requirements (from act 1 bounties i think)
there might be some more items like that but I'm not too knowledgeable on that.

bounty caches will also give you the materials you need to "cube" items that you want to have the passive effect of, but not necessarily wear the piece of equipment itself.

If you're on a seasonal character, bounties will get you out in the world and have you fulfill various seasonal achievements for your free set pieces.

run grifts if you want to get your legendary gems. but remember legendary gems are only useful if you have a ring or amulet with a socket in it.
the higher level grift youre in, the greater chance of success you have to upgrade your legendary gems.

TL;DR
bounties give you some specific items and supplies you need early on at level 70

greater rifts are useful when you have a socketed amulet or ring and can start leveling up your legendary gems
>>
>>341714667
Know where I could possibly find a list of what 'worthy' items are offered in each area's bounties, or caches?

I reckon bounties may be more useful to me right now than normal Rifts would.
>>
Welp one last bump for any advice or suggestions. Appreciate the feedback so far, doods.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.