[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fucking shit. This might be the single worst multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: doom_hell.0.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
doom_hell.0.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1044
Holy fucking shit. This might be the single worst multiplayer I've ever seen in an AAA game.

Who the fuck thought it was okay to put loadouts in an Arena FPS. Who the fuck thought it was okay to make you UNLOCK WEAPONS before you can use them. Who the fuck thought it was okay to remove any kind of strafe jumping/player physics in an arena FPS. Who the fuck thought it was okay to add these retarded demon powerups that guarentee you a free 10 kills in an arena FPS. Who the fuck thought a combat shotgun should do 3x more damage than the super shotgun, and then force you to hit level 12 before you can even pick up the combat shotgun. Who the fuck thought a rocket launcher should require 3 THREE direct hits to kill. Who the fuck thought it was okay to have big open maps and a charge up scoped sniper rifle in an arena FPS. Who the fuck allowed any of this to happen.

This shit is just an even more casualized Halo: Reach. And from what we hear about Quake: Champions and also being developed by a LITERAL Halo developer, it's safe to say Arena FPS is fucking dead. Thanks, Bethesda. You fucked everything up.

Yes I'm fucking mad.
>>
lmao quit crying grandpa the multiplayer is amazing. sorry your to bad to level up and unlock weapons and grenades and demon types xD
>>
Who cares

The single player was fun as hell and that's pretty rare these days, famalam.
>>
>>341709075
Which is why it hurts even more.

DOOM managed somehow to be one of the best and worst FPS all at once. It's fucking mind blowing. And Bethesda outsourcing Quake after EVERYONE collectively shat on their outsourced DOOM MP is also fucking mind blowing. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is coming from the company that bought out a thriving Q3 community and fucking murdered it overnight.
>>
>>341707486
These sound like they make for bad arena FPS multiplayer, not bad multiplayer in general.

The general consensus I see is that Doom's multiplayer is competent, just doesn't belong in a Doom game.
>>
>>341711306
It's really not. Aside from all the retarded Halo gameplay, it's incredibly unbalanced, there's no knock around at all from rockets or grenades, the sensory audio is nonexistant, and the maps are horribly designed.

it was made by the Halo 4 team.
>>
>>341707486
The SP wasn't much better either.
Combat arenas and Glory Kills got boring really quick, and they just had to put in RPG shit.
>>
>>341707486
>Who the fuck thought it was okay
because making quake champions
>>
>>341707486
>play story
>fucking fantastic
>give multiplayer a shot
>fuckers with high rank OP shit
>fuckers with Baron of Hell that one shots everyone and anything basically securing MVP and victory for your team
Holy shit its awful, and I thought the snapmaps could save it but nobody is creative enough yet so its all bland shit like survival hordes or terribly balanced horror/story shit.

Snapmaps should just revive all classic Doom maps to a T or iD should put the classic maps as available for co op play because I missed that in Doom.
>>
>>341711846
>Sensory audio is non existant
Fucking this, theres also no good indicator when youre being shot by someone. Its a faint red marker with no sound or effect as youre being shot so if youre caught off guard theres nothing you can do. If youre using a pad it also doesnt fucking vibrate when youre shot.
>>
>>341714108
You new?
SnapMap is SUPER limited! Literally can't have more than 12 enemies active at once, and you're stuck using pre-made rooms and assets.

There are also no outdoor or hell assets.

Not only that but SM also uses the MP's logic (2 gun limit, etc, and only up to 4 players can play on the maps at once.
>>
>>341707486
doom's multiplayer was developed by the team that made Halo 5 multiplayer.
enjoy
>>
>>341707486
>Who the fuck thought it was okay to put loadouts in an Arena FPS
Loadouts are fine, not sure why you were expecting arena fps
>thought it was okay to make you UNLOCK WEAPONS
I like progression
>Who the fuck thought it was okay to remove any kind of strafe jumping/player physics
I dont get this... movement in this game is glorious
> retarded demon powerups
Yeah ok, im not a fan of those either
>These weapons dont perform the way i want them too
Ok, I guess every weapon across every game should work the same
No need to learn game mechanics amirite?

I really like doom mp, but theres only a handful of players online during the times i can actually play.

Its a shame really, I was having tons of fun in MP
>>
>>341707486
it's not an arena fps
it's just some kind of shitty mashup of quake 3 and halo and as much as people are shitting on it it's still better than halo's dogshit multiplayer
>>
>>341711846
>>341714334

You need someone to hold your hand and let you know when youre getting shot?
I have like 100 hours in mp and ive never had a problem figuring out when im getting hit and where its coming from.

Are you using a headset?
>>
>>341717967

This
It's really fun for what it is.
I can see how people are upset if they were expecting a different game completely....
But this is where im confused
I knew what the MP would entail
Like I got exactly what i expected.

Where did people get all these ideas planted in their head?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.