[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Square or octa gates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: gate.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gate.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
Square or octa gates?
>>
>>341706189
Personal preference.
>>
>>341706189
Always comes down to whatever you're comfortable with using. I use octo personally because I like having the added security of hitting the sides. With a square, I tend to jump half the time attempting to QC.
>>
Square gates are CANCER and I have no clue why they exist. They're okay to play with but like, why the hell would you do that?
>>
What are we talking about here?
>>
Square is objectively better, Octagonal gates are training wheels and only acceptable if you're just learning how to use a stick.
>>
>>341706681
Holes around the sticks on fightan boards.
>>
>>341706907
Oh, I thought you guys were talking about regular controllers. When it comes to fighting games wouldn't you want to use buttons for movement instead? That'd be faster. That's what Quake and Starcraft pros use.
>>
>>341706907
I see well in that case octa is top tier
>>
>>341706640
>>341706795
Square gates are old-school. Only the Japs still make shit with them. American and Korean manufacturers have moved onto the octo and circle gate respectively for the most part.
>>
>>341707158
It gets weird when you need to do full circle motions.
>>
>>341707158
They do make sticks with those called Hitbox. They used to be tourney banned because you could pull off some nonsense shit with them.
>>
File: img_4309-jpg[1].36991_.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1166) Image search: [Google]
img_4309-jpg[1].36991_.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1166
>>341707158
There actually is a style of stick like that called a Hit Box, but a lot of tourneys ban them because it's an unfair advantage.
>>
>>341707315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkWcHcY7FQ
>>
>>341707407
That was vanilla marvel only IIRC because for whatever reason you could block in both directions or some shit.
>>
>>341707650
They're no longer banned because they added in some shit to the PCBs to never allow left and right to be held together.
>>
>>341707446
That's strange. I don't know much about fighting game tournaments, but don't people usually show up with their own fightsticks? Don't they give them an advantage?
>>
>>341707446
>>341707407
Why ban something that allows better playstyle?
>>
>>341707650
Could pads not do the same thing too? Also it's not as broken as blocking both left and right but I think pad players can block high and low at the same time so trying to clip them low while chicken guarding isn't a thing for them.

>>341707856
You can still hold left and right together but it puts you at neutral. That makes other inputs easier or gives you some other tricks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcgx9YqynQ

>>341708145
Cause people are dumb
>>
>>341708145
Fear based in lack of knowledge
Remember that runner with the metal legs
>>
>>341708236
Pads have always had built in SOCD cleaning.
>>
>>341706189
>Square
Safest pick. Best choice for charge characters, hands down. Otherwise, it's not bad at anything, but not good at anything.

>Octagonal
Babbies first Japanese stick. This is for pad players trying to learn stick, or old school American stick players who don't want to blow money on a MAS stick. Worse than square and circle for most things.

>Circle*
Hit or miss. Only good for circular motions. Particularly good for Marvel. Not so good for playing charge characters. Real niggas only.

*Not including Korean sticks

>Korean Circle
I seriously hope you don't use this for anything but Tekken. Hard as fuck to play 2D games on this thing. Really good for 3D titles tho. Wavedashing on this thing is like sleeping.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.