[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Age: Inquisition is on sale in and cheap and I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Dragon Age: Inquisition is on sale in and cheap and I was wondering if it's playable as a standalone title or do you have to have played the others first to understand what's going on?
>>
It's shit even if you enjoyed the other ones.
>>
It's playable standalone. There are callbacks and lore, but there's an in-game codex for anything you want to know about.

It obviously benefits from playing the first two games, but it's fine to just hop right into.
>>
>>341699153
Better than DA2.
>>
>Bioware

Am I going to be forced into homosexual romances?
>>
>>341699641
Forced? No.

There are homosexual romances though.

Iron Bull and Dorian if you're male, Sera and Josephine if you're female.
>>
>>341700032
Did you ride the bull?
>>
>>341700337
No.

I've romanced Josephine as a female Inquisitor (boring), Sera twice, and Cassandra once.
>>
>>341699641

>Not wanting to ride the bull

You gay son?
>>
File: amc.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
amc.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
Is this really as bad as everyone says?
>>
>>341699153
Just play the first one, man.
>>
>>341699153
It's not playable at all.
>>
>>341701362
Gameplay-wise, it's no shittier than any other walking simulator.
>>
>>341701362
>anti-masturbation
>spread-eagle
>>
File: disgust.png (252 KB, 411x479) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
252 KB, 411x479
>>341701362
Ruined by forcing the "open world" meme onto DA. The entire game feels watered down and stretched out. It's a conclusion to the series but even then, it leaves loose ends for no reason.

Look at another game like the Witcher that did open world in the 3rd installment correctly, and actually resolved all it's plot points. It feels like Bioware added in open world mid development and never really ammended the rest of the game around it.

Gameplay wise, it's probably the most involved of the games since you need to actively swing your weapons and control movements to avoid attacks. As with 2, the technicality of combat is dumbed down again, over head view makes a return though, which was quite nice. Lack of abilities makes it pointless enough though.

And the characters suck monkeyfuck.
>>
>>341699153
It's shit. The only people who defend it are mindless Biodrones drones that enthusiastically lap up everything neoBioWare creates.
>>
>>341702624
And Bioware haven't made a good game since MDK 2
>>
I hear all the girls look like shit in this game, what's the point?
>>
You don't need to have played the others, but it does affect the world state if you do DAkeeper without knowing what did what
>>341702054

The game isn't open world you fucking idiot.
>>
>>341701362
It's about average I guess. I wouldn't call it good but it's not bad either. The first three party members are completely normal and you can refuse to let the others join you. As far as gameplay the combat is fine but the rest is pretty boring and tedious. Open world was a bad choice. They filled it with fetch quests and collectibles. Many sidequests in 1 and 2 had choices to make and people to talk. In Inquisition 90% of the sidequests are just finding a note on a dead body and giving it to someone or finding a note in an abandoned shack that tells you about a treasure chest somewhere. You can just skip most of that shit if you want, though. If it's cheap it'd be fine but I wouldn't pay more than say $15 for it.
>>
>>341702914
>The game isn't open world
It has several large maps that allow you to ignore the main story, walk around, explore, fight enemies, discover locations and do side quests, while allowing you to fast travel and move to the other maps when you like.

Sounds like open world to me, fucking idiot.
>>
>>341702784

Give it a few mins someone will post that low/mid settings picture of Sera people have been posting since launch
>>
>>341701362

>Anti-masturbation device
>Bondage for kids
>He doesn't need to fap anymore
>>
>>341702784
make your own cute one
>>
>>341703117
>Doesn't know the difference between hub based an open world.

It's not a fucking open world because it's not open. There is a difference between having large maps and being open world.

Or is demon souls suddenly open world now too?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.