[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it still cool to like Dark Souls, desu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: N75SjVP.jpg (379 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
N75SjVP.jpg
379 KB, 1920x1080
Is it still cool to like Dark Souls, desu?
>>
File: persecuting yourself.png (14 KB, 220x271) Image search: [Google]
persecuting yourself.png
14 KB, 220x271
Like what you want to like don't let a group of fat, lonely, socially maladjusted neckbeards tell you not to like something for arbitrary reasons.

Don't like a buncha nu-males and tumblrinas stop you from liking something you like, either.

You're your own person anon. Form your own opinions on things and stick to them (while remaining open to criticism you feel is valid).
>>
>>341696101
No. Now that Zelda is copying it we cans hit all over Dark Souls in favor of saying LoZ did it better and DS was never good.
>>
>>341696101

Kaathe > Frampt
>>
File: Belfry_gargoyle.jpg (881 KB, 1239x937) Image search: [Google]
Belfry_gargoyle.jpg
881 KB, 1239x937
redpill me on the bell gargoyles /v/
>>
Yo who cares. Like what you want, man. Don't let others' opinions influence what you enjoy.
>>
>>341696875
Get a +5 weapon, buy fire pine resin from the lady merchant in Lower Undead Burg, rekt them.
>>
>>341696875
Same thing as with every other enemy in this series. Lock on, circlestrafe, poke when safe.
>>
>>341696875
dunno m8 I just slapped their shit in with a claymore
>defeat gargoyles first try after years
>died to taurus demon twice
>>
>>341697037
Aren't they more weak to lightning? I often tackling them with gold pine resin.

Also,
>>341696875
If you met Solaire, he has a summon just outside the fog door. Though take out the Caster and Berenike Knight before reverse hollowing (hope you have enough humanity).
>>
>>341697569
>Aren't they more weak to lightning? I often tackling them with gold pine resin.
Taurus is weak to lightning, which you get lightning pine resin right before the boss fight. When it comes to the gargoyles, not only are they weaker to fire, which makes pyromancy good against them, but you can buy an infinite amount of fire pine resin from the merchant, so you can always try that strat again unlike with the lightning type at that point of the game.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (84 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
84 KB, 449x642
Who cares? I've grown really critical of the game over time and don't hold it in as high regard as other From games, but that shouldn't stop you.
>>
Just finished this game for the first time about a week ago. If I have any issues with the game, they're the points where the difficulty skyrockets to an unfair level. So
>wheel skeletons
>crystal cave
>dog skeleton things
>Gwyn
all sucked. But that's a small number of complaints for a game like this. It's really great.
[spoilers] I liked Demon's Souls and Bloodborne more though [/spoilers]
>>
>>341697037

>needing +5 for a fuckin gargoyle
>>
>>341697946
There's nothing wrong about getting the weapon upgrade level expected for a boss fight. Especially since all the enemies in Undead Parish get a boost of defense compared to Undead Burg for no reason.
>>
Wasent that sword cut from the game OP?
>>
File: black knight.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
black knight.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Goddamn do I fucking suck at this game.
How are you supposed to beat this asshole?
>>
>>341698297

Fight him at ground level, learn his moveset, shield/dodge, parry, backstab, attack when it's safe, etc.
>>
>>341698297
Circlestrafe and backstab. Then, backstab again on wakeup. But you need precise timing for that second part.
>>
>>341698297
Same as any other humanoid: Circle strafe and backstab.

Or you could learn the parry timing. After a bit of practice you'll get a good instinct for it.
>>
>>341698297
parrying those fuqbois is easy.
>>
>>341698297
>>341698486
>>341698503
>>341698676
>>341698734
And a whole bunch of patience. Don't forget that.
>>
>>341698898
The game in general requires patience.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.