[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /SilentlyHopingTheNxFlopsSoNintendo WillGoMultiplat/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1431952895333.png (83 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
1431952895333.png
83 KB, 385x387
Who here /SilentlyHopingTheNxFlopsSoNintendoWillGoMultiplat/
>>
wow !
epic my friend
can i save this?
>>
>>341695165
I think it's more likely that Nintendo would just drop out of consoles and focus solely on handhelds.
>>
Even if it flops Nintendo won't go multiplat they have so much money backed up if they literally made huge losses for the next 40 years they still wouldn't go bankrupt
>>
>>341696170
/thread
>>
I hope it will be the most successful nintendo console ever
>>
>>341696170
>handhelds
I would see them being forced into the cell phone market.

>>341696230
Sorry but while this might seem reasonable to you, this isn't how businesses work. If they keep losing money, investors will force them to make a change. Also, R&D is expensive so I doubt they can keep pushing out failure consoles without feeling the burn.
>>
>>341696170
>Implying people would keep buying the same shitty hardware and the cycle wouldnt just repeat
They got lucky with 3ds but with each year people want powerful technology for there games

Nintendo will need to make atleast a 720p screen with no shit hardware.
>>
>>341696230

Leave it to a retard on /v/ to guess how business works
>>
>>341696889
>They got lucky with 3ds but with each year people want powerful technology for there games
No they don't, because then Sony and Microsoft's mid-tier PCs would also be passed up for an proper gaming rig.
>>
>>341697071
What anon should have said is that people want powerful systems that are simplistic in nature. Sure, PCs aren't hard to use most of the time and for menial tasks, they are not as easy as consoles, and they are seen by the general population as being more complex than they need to be. Its the same reason why people buy Apple phones more than Android phones.

Another thing that is blown out of proportion for PC is the piracy. It is not even half the issue that companies make it out to be. It is also an issue that is present for consoles too.
>>
Nintendo will go full pachinko rather than going multiplat
>>
>>341697983
>What anon should have said is that people want powerful systems that are simplistic in nature.
I know that; I was highlighting how retarded it is for sonyggers/xboners to claim superiority of their console based on comparing hardware to Nintendo's.
>>
>>341698680
Actually comparing items that are similar in nature is fairly common and generally a smart thing to do. I mean, if you are shopping for a car, you will be comparing stuff like a Camaro with a Mustang, and not with a Ferrari. A gaming PC isn't sold to the exact same market that is looking to buy a console. There are reasons to expect Nintendo to be in its own market, namely due to the games available, but at the end of the day it shares too much consumers with the other 2 consoles.
>>
>>341695165
i heard the wii u emulator is almost good enough to play games on it, dont worry you wont wait long, also they hate money
>>
>>341699585
>Actually comparing items that are similar in nature is fairly common and generally a smart thing to do.
Except Nintendo is clearly not trying to make a mid tier PC, but a console that has its own--for better or worse--singular function. PS4 and XB1 serve the same function: play games that would be better in every possible way on a PC.

Their relevance comes from the industry relying on securing exclusives for their consoles, instead of developers developing things that are specifically designed with the unique, interactive features of a system in mind.

The only reason I can't play Bloodborne or Scalebound on my PC is because of bureaucracy. I can't do it with The Wonderful 101 because I would be getting a demonstrably different experience. It's the same reason a "gaming PC isn't sold to the same market" despite the fact that it totally is (At least much more than the Wii U is, anyway).
>>
>>341700151
A market doesn't revolve around a gimmick. A market revolves around the consumers. If you are selling to the same demographic, and selling a similar item, you are in the same market. PC gaming, console gaming, handhelds, and mobile are 4 distinct markets.
>>
>>341701245
>gimmick
Gamepad/Wiimote vs. PS4/Xbone controller is just as big a controller disparity as Ps4/Xbone vs. keyboard and mouse. And that is the only (physical) thing separating those consoles from merely being shittier PCs.

A market--this market--revolves around arbitrary expectancies that were established based on past trends that put those that are the most well off in the position they're currently in.
>>
File: 1389294274562.png (188 KB, 1139x1437) Image search: [Google]
1389294274562.png
188 KB, 1139x1437
>>341695165
I'm just hoping it flops because I'm still mad about Xenoblade Chronicles X and FE:fates.
>>
>>341696628
>Sorry but while this might seem reasonable to you, this isn't how businesses work
>i know everything about how japanese business works
we'll get Mario Pachinko before multiplat
>>
>>341695165
PC Wojak got the best hat
>>
>>341696230
>Nintendo's 100 million seller console means they will never die
>Sony's 100 million seller console means there will never be a PS4, here's why
>>
File: 1373681459688.gif (125 KB, 452x360) Image search: [Google]
1373681459688.gif
125 KB, 452x360
>>341701809
>muh censorship

I can't speak for Fates because I'm not touching that fuckfest for entirely different reasons waifu baiting ruins everything, but when I got X, I expected the game to be censored to the point of incomprehensibility. Instead, they just changed the clothes of one character and the meaning of acronym because they're uncultured swine.
>>
>>341701781
>that put those that are the most well off in the position they're currently in
Yeah man, fuck the patriarchy... Seriously, is this where you are trying to take this argument? Those people are rich because they understand how markets work, and took advantage of their knowledge. You may hate them for it, but that didn't make them any less right. Get out of here with your idiotic shit.
>>
>>341701921
Did you not bother reading the top part of that post? I mentioned them moving to mobile games, not going multiplatform.
>>
>>341702450
>Yeah man, fuck the patriarchy
Nah, more like I'm just further pointing out how badly you're misinterpreting console similarities, which you've of course turned into some excuse to talk about neo /v/'s armchair economics/politics du jour.
>>
>>341702926
Good job. Seriously did not expect that you were posting for the sole reason of trolling. 9/10. Would be a perfect 10/10 if you didn't give yourself away on this last post.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1200x800
>it's a bunch of neets and children pretend they know literally a single thing about running a business in the global economy thread
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.