[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abandoned dead games thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: l4d2.jpg (87 KB, 505x700) Image search: [Google]
l4d2.jpg
87 KB, 505x700
Abandoned dead games thread

ill start
>>
It had 10k players at its peak today, that's pretty good for a 7 year old game
>>
>>341694097
Too much drama, stopped playing years ago.
>>
File: Shattered Horizon.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Shattered Horizon.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>341694097
>>
Battleborn
>>
File: 1166940-all_render.jpg (4 MB, 4168x2250) Image search: [Google]
1166940-all_render.jpg
4 MB, 4168x2250
>>
Outside of ASSFAGGOTS I cant for the life of me think of a more toxic and shit infested playerbase. VS makes men into monsters.
>>
File: eqwqvcxcb.png (1 MB, 1069x914) Image search: [Google]
eqwqvcxcb.png
1 MB, 1069x914
this game is definitely not dead. want a dead game? consider battleborn
>>
Galactic Warfare for CoD4. It's a mod but it was amazing
>>
>>341695142
Too bad this never took off. Was really fun.
>>
Unfortunately L4D2 is not dead.

Why did you even make this thread without checking your example game's status?
>>
That game is really fun, but only if play without people you know.

I can only play Hard because other difficulties are boring, but playing in pub just doesn't work, so never got to play more than a few games.

Best thing will be playing realistic hard, would love to relive those moments.

L4D3 when? ;_;
>>
>>341695318
L4D player base is worst. You can get games of dota going even if you're new or bad.

You'll get kicked out of games if you don't have 1000 hours of L4D at least.
>>
File: 20160617_000039.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160617_000039.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
That feel
>>
>>341695318
if you are not playing with group of friends in your team, Dota 2 is pretty normal.

but every L4D game was a pain in the ass
>>
>>341694097
Why would you EVER play that with randoms?

Friends or not at all.
>>
>>341695560
>hard
>realistic hard

I only played co-op like once to get to know the maps.
>>
Fistful of frags rip ;_;7
>>
>>341694302
Not bad.

I think that influx is because of workshop.
I dont use it though.

I hope l4d3 is in the works.

>>341694638
I recently uninstalled csgo for that same reason. I just binged played comp mode one day and it was non stop toxic bickering and bitching whether it was a win or a loss. Feels really refreshing cutting it out of my life.

>>341695318
csgo is the new top toxic dog in town.
>>
>>341695316
this game was decent feeling, but never took off
>>
I still haven't bought or played L4D 2

I mean I stuck through it past that whole boycott to the point where I've just grown past it. You could give me the game and it'd stay in my uninstalled list because I don't have any interest in it.
>>
>>341695794

Because I don't have friends playing those kind of games. Kinda sucks really I don't have a group of players for games like that, but I mostly play solo and when I go online I try to find people directly there. But yeah, L4D isn't that kind of game, love it, play first and second one, but wish I would know more people playing.
>>
Calling 1.6 abandoned is bs but it doesn't have the scene anymore it used to have. GO isn't the same but better than CSS
>>
File: l4f2.png (55 KB, 601x237) Image search: [Google]
l4f2.png
55 KB, 601x237
I bought it on special.

In the demo, there was a rush of zombies that coincided with snare drums that was awesome. I wanted to get more into the game but I didn't.
>>
>>341695386
>Toontown online
holy shit thats still around?
This is now a toontown thread
>>
Are there any good US custom coop servers left? Last time I checked there was a 12 man server but with all the perks it was way too easy.
>>
>>341695386
I mean, the Twitch community isn't a good example, because most people will only watch the extremely popular games because those are the most fun to watch. Thus, smaller (relatively speaking) games like Battleborn cannot find viewers, forming your opinion. Or it could be that not a lot of people are streaming the game, and the people that are are people the viewers don't like.
>>
File: gametime.jpg (124 KB, 720x806) Image search: [Google]
gametime.jpg
124 KB, 720x806
>>341695867
>whether it was a win or a loss.

This here. I don't know I might be asocial or just got shitty steam friends but I rather play alone. I remember playing L4D was a chore, we had to pay for a server, schedule time to practice and find matches, it was really gay. Thats the reason I don't do MMOs.

I just uninstalled and never looked back, pre ordered Bad Company 2 and played on my own.
>>
>>341695650
>spend weekend playing nothing but halo 3 for years
>everyday a constant joy because everyone wasp laying it
>then the sequels came

i never had as much fun with them as i had halo 3. I still remember when i managed to get the katana. So happy i was.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>341695650
>put in halo 3
>btb is empt
JUST
>>
Can we count games that are dead on arrival?
Because Brutal Legend had like, 2000 peak players.
Completely dead.
>>
>>341697021
sure.

Probably every VR game in the works.

also Evolved was doa
>>
>some people just can't let go
>>
>>341697514
jesus
>>
>>341697514
Especially hispanics.
>>
File: Rock-Band-VR.jpg (52 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
Rock-Band-VR.jpg
52 KB, 700x400
>>341697021
>niche game on a niche platform

Wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it.
>>
>>341697974
hispanics love L4D, probably because it's extremely cheap and the lag compensation isn't that important.
>>
>>341697021
Played through game twice. Loved both play troughs.

The multiplayer was meh but enjoyable. Literally no one playing the multiplayer now.
>>
>>341698397
I liked it up until the gameplay shift where it turned into this weird MOBA thing.
I just don't like MOBA-type games, they don't click with me and they just feel boring as fuck, which sucks because the game was really good up until that point, and then it just lost me all at once.
>>
>>341697514
jesus christ

9,203 hours is 383 days.

This person spent A YEAR of his life on a shitty zombie game
>>
>>341700461
how much time have you spent on 4chan?
>>
>have 17 hours on record not including time spent on console
>playing pubs on expert
>super srs weeb with 1,400 hours joins
>doing better than him, no effort
>he says "lots of noobs have been playing lately" after I tell him I've been doing better than a handful of people
>he actually can't handle someone is better at his main game than him
>continue on, our team is doing perfectly fine
>die once during crescendo event in Dark Carnival
>he calls us all ignorant and says he isn't putting up with us anymore
>leaves before anyone can respond
>everyone has a laugh
>check his profile
>blocks anyone who disagrees with him or dislikes his favourite anime
>absolutely cannot handle any criticism
>he isn't joking

Why join a public game then you shitter? We were all playing for fun.
>>
>>341701107
over a decade
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.