[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>These two are the most fun to play Whod've thought?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
>These two are the most fun to play
Whod've thought? Maybe its cus theyre part of the new series, but they feel way better than the earlier characters. Crash looks just as good too. I hope Imaginators tanks like Superchargers did so I can pick that one up cheap too.
What other characters are worth getting?
>>
File: 1444071528590.gif (604 KB, 245x165) Image search: [Google]
1444071528590.gif
604 KB, 245x165
>>341666463
Tell me your age man, I need to know
>>
>>341666878
29, why?
>>
>>341666878
I got the whole starter pack for $20, it was worth it for the amiibo alone.
>>
>>341666878
29 also
I usually pirate the games and then get the toys I want for cheap off ebay.
>>
>>341667249
But Skylanders arent amiibos.
>>
>>341667514
Donkey Kong and Bowser double as amiibos.
>>
>>341667514
DK and Bowser Skylanders also function as the DK and Bowser amiibo
>>
>>341667004
I always wondered to which audience Skylanders tries to cater, despite kids of course.
Im 25 and certainly dont want to sound like an asshole but I cant find joy in that game despite really trying to like it at some point so I wanted to know what sets us apart in terms of games we played over the time.

Anyway, gl with your thread man
>>
>>341667801
I like the concept of Skylanders, and I think it could actually be a pretty good series if it wasn't made for kids.
I also just love collecting little figurines.
>>
>>341666463
never tried these games. do they still make them for 3ds?
>>
>>341669596
The most recent one was just a racing game on the 3DS and Wii.
>>
>>341670115
whats the most recent main game?
>>
All Skylanders work in future games right?

Will Bowser, DK, and Crash be able to play together on WiiU?

Crash isn't Sony exclusive.
>>
This is fucking impressive
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/743596948007968768/video/1
>>
>>341671248
Honestly, the first 20 seconds really feels and looks like a Crash game, until he starts fighting enemies.
>>
>>341670673
Skylanders Supercharged. Its gimmick was vehicles. The vehicle stuff isnt great.

>>341670694
Yes, all Skylanders are compatible with future games, and Crash will be sold separate at some point for other consoles. You will be able to play as Bowser, Donkey Kong, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon all in the same game.

>>341671248
They put a bunch of detail into Crash. I love it.
>>
>>341671614
>>341671652
>They put a bunch of detail into Crash. I love it.
I agree. And Crash looks great. Fuck the haters. At least he wasn't destroyed like Spyro.

I'd like if they did a new GOOD looking Spyro.

>>341671652
Can the vehicles still be used? Or was that just a one time thing for that game?
>>
>>341671939
Yes actually this is the only reason I'm into Skylanders now. Crash really looks awesome.

>>341671652
>Skylanders Supercharged. Its gimmick was vehicles. The vehicle stuff isnt great.
What is the last game that has nothing to do with vehicles?
>>
>>341671939
Theres no new vehicle levels, but theyre porting the whole online racing side of the game over to the new one from what Ive heard. All of the dumb gimmick stuff makes their way over to the new games in some way or another, even if its just small bonuses.

>>341672102
Trap Team, but I would honestly just recommend waiting for Imaginators to drop in price at some point. Supercharged is like $35 for a starter pack now. Imaginators will drop to that point too, I would assume.
>>
>>341671652
>You will be able to play as Bowser, Donkey Kong, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon all in the same game.
This blows me away.
>>
>>341672432
So the body swapping and trapping, and vehicles have all been dropped?
>>
>>341672432
can you use bowser as a playable character, or is it just for racing? and can you use them for different consoles?
>>
>>341672673
The swap force characters are still compatible, the trap crystals just provide powerups for your vehicle or something. Not sure what the crystals will do in the new game. Vehicles will not be needed for the main game in Imaginators, just the multiplayer racing.

>>341672991
Bowser is a fully playable character, like the rest of the Skylanders. He and DK are only for the Nintendo versions of the game.
>>
Gotta know, not making fun but curios, this game fun? It looks like nothing more than hunting for what are basically amiibos tossed in with a game any other could provide.
>>
>>341674138
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/743596948007968768/video/1
>>
>>341674138
Its a decent beat em up/platformer. If you can find it cheap, is day idea worth it.
>>
File: Bone_Bash_Roller_Brawl_Art.jpg (122 KB, 704x699) Image search: [Google]
Bone_Bash_Roller_Brawl_Art.jpg
122 KB, 704x699
I want Roller Brawl to bash my bone!
>>
>>341666463
personally i really like the donkey kong stuff like the attack where he drops the girders from the arcade game and i kinda wish he got that as his final smash instead of the fucking bongo thing. and bowser being able to summon koopa's and knock em around? its fan wank and it makes me smile. so ya im totally down for more characters to get the skylanders treatment..... i might even buy the game some day
>>
>>341672991
you should look up bowser on youtube he looks rad
>>
>>341671248
Why are people linking videos on fucking twitter with their shitty video player
>>
thanks for the heads up, I thought they would go for stupid prices since they're bundle only. I'm not even getting the game, DK just has a neat sculpt.
>>
Newer characters generally have more moves and more interesting playstyles. Compare an original skylander to a supercharger and you'll see the difference.

That being said Bowser is easily the most funmcharacter of the series. Shame his dark form costs so much.
>>
>>341679501
It makes me sad that Spyro is so boring to play as. They didnt even give him a supercharged variant.
>>
I'm just disappointed that Crash was put into this game to advertise his remakes to a new audience and appeal to the older gamers, while Spyro is comparatively left behind. While I can reason that the devs are trying to keep Spyro as a Skylanders character for the sake of the child audience, it just feels wrong to remake the original Crash games while the original Spyro just hangs back.
It's just so off.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.