[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COULD THIS BE THE NEXT OVERWATCH? Not even shilling, I saw t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
COULD THIS BE THE NEXT OVERWATCH?
Not even shilling, I saw this on the PC conference and it looked neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CBWouM_BJA
>>
Played it at PAX, it's bretty gud.

Definitely needs some tweaks, but it's pretty solid.
>>
>>341665959
>that narration
>>
>Pay2Play but still published by Nexon
>No dedicated servers
>Matchmaking only
>No custom maps or mods

Gonna be dead a month after release.
>>
>>341665959

Overwatch is for weeaboos while Lawbreakers is for real men.
>>
>Published by Nexon
>Still is buy 2 play
>Made by Cliff Bazinga
No
>>
>>341665959
>overshill just released
>people already talking about the next overshill
What the fuck is wrong with millennial's attention span?
>>
>trying to compete with what is now an established blizzard title

well this certainly hasn't happened before
>>
>Nexon

INSTANTLY shitcanned.
>>
>>341666780
>flavor of the month anything is exclusive to millenials
>>
>>341666417
>>No dedicated servers
>>Matchmaking only
>>No custom maps or mods

Just like Overwatch snd that game is doing fine
>>
Let's face it, there is nothing that will topple Blizzard's new cash cow. 11 players and counting, and it just beat LoL in Korea.
>>
>>341666780
>>341667038
You both are millennials
>>
>>341667054

Difference is that Overwatch has the marketing of several million Blizztards while Lawbreakers has the Nexon label of shittiness.
>>
Actually looks p cool. Propelling yourself by shooting behind you is a neat idea.
>>
>>341667183
I didn't deny it
>>
the cooldown on movement abilities ruined what fun I had with the Alpha. Heres hoping they have actually changed a few things for this weekends.

Its crushingly slow unless you burn cooldowns, which are all on pretty long timers. The maps are pretty small and the actual gunplay feels like a middle ground between Overwatch and something like Dirty Bomb.
>>
>>341665959
Brink 2.
>>
>>341666282

Just your usual ebonics narrator
>>
>>341665959
I don't think so.

The reason is that it's not as cute, with the characters not being as unique. Overwatch has that certain Pixar look mixed with some anime aesthetics which appeals to the masses.
>>
>>341667316

It only works in the central area of the maps which have very low gravity in them. The thing is unless you are the high mobility assassin class the fastest way to the others teams spawn and scoring area is through the middle, so theres always people there, which makes shooting behind you stupid, because you should be shooting the other team.
>>
>>341665959

overwatch is only popular because it's made by blizzard. Not because it's a good game.
>>
>>341667458

Lawbreakers actually used to look alot more similar to OW than it does now, fucking CliffyB saw that and instead of going down the Gearbox route of thinking they could compete he made it more gritty and realistic. CliffyB is a fucking chump.
>>
>>341667134
>11 players
That's even a full match though, anon
>>
>>341665959
Characters look too generic but the gameplay looks neat. Unfortunately OVERWATCH already exists and it seems like it already has a iron grip on the new hero shooter genre.

Definitely won't be more popular
>>
>>341667134

Korea doesn't even like FPS though. It won't last
>>
>>341668402
you're thinking of japan, china and korea are both huge markets for shooters
>>
>>341667701
Just listening to Cliffy yesterday when he was on Giantbomb was infuriating. All he does is talk about himself and pretty much has terrible opinions on anything to do with video games nowadays.
Also hes a grown ass man sitting cross legged on a couch.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.