[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I sell my 970 for the radeon 480?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Should I sell my 970 for the radeon 480?
>>
>>341663614
It depends, I think in a lot of situations the 970 and the 480 are going to wind up being not that far from one another but long term the 480 will probably be the better card.
>>
Probably. Wait for real tests not marketing though.
>>
>>341663614
Nobody's gonna buy it from you, family.
Now back to memes.
>amd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
wait for vega bro
>>
>>341664626
That is the question now, upgrade to a 480 for access to the new "Pro" driver sooner, or wait for Vega and get it when I build a new system.
>>
Anyone have any experience with ibuypower and cyberpower companies? Thinking of getting one. I know making one yourself is better and shit, but they got a decent deal right now. Just wondering if the company is prone to shit products and service.
>>
>>341663614
i buy yours for 100€
>>
>>341663614
You should sell that piece shit right now. Wait for Vega.
>>
970 still has life in it so it would still be good until Vega. However, once RX480 benchmarks come out, either your GPU will become cheaper in the used market due to the RX480 being better in every way, or the 970 will be a little faster but more power draw and 3.5GB of VRAM, making it's value maybe 180ish used (considering RX480 is 200).
>>
>>341666647
>970 will be a little faster
Not a chance in hell bub.
>>
HOW LONG UNTIL THEY'RE RELEASED?
>>
>>341666647
>970 will be a little faster
So the 970 is faster than the 980?
>>
>>341663614
>Should I sell my current GPU for an extremely similar GPU

Why the fuck would you bother
>>
Isn't the rx480 only a ~15% increase in performance from the 970?

How much would a 970 sell for?
>>
Is it really that hard for you to wait at least july to make that decision?
>>
>>341667476
How much would a 970 sell for?

Much less once the 480 drops.
>>
>>341666972
June 29th according to CEO at E3
>>
>>341663614
why would you upgrade now? next gen is just around the corner...
>>
>>341663614
No because the PC game market, AKA console ports and cheap indie games, won't require that hardware
>>
Honestly, if you're playing at 1080 and don't plan to not upgrade or oversample it's fine for another year or two.

Hell I was using a 680 till the end of last year and it kept up well
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.