[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game wasn't bad, it was a lot better than Devil May
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: latest[2].jpg (344 KB, 871x1231) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
344 KB, 871x1231
This game wasn't bad, it was a lot better than Devil May Cry 2, but I felt like it had a lot of flaws.

Combat adjudicators were kind of tedious and required backtracking for something simple and felt unrewarding. Secret missions didn't seem as balanced and also seemed to require coming back later after acquiring new weapons/abilities. It felt like more weapons were added just to have more weapons, whereas in DMC1 there was a clear distinction between them and their uses. The bosses were okay, Beowulf and the horse boss felt similar, Arkham's monster fight felt annoying with the slug minions. In the last Vergil fight, he had invincibility frames during some attacks, randomly wouldn't stagger, and randomly blocked hits which all got to be a little annoying.

How is DMC4? I think DMC1 is the best in the series so far, anyone else?
>>
Get gud
>>
>>341646589
>dmc1 best
pfffffffffffffff
4SE is literally the best
>>
Devil May Cry 4 is more of Devil May Cry 3 with refined mechanics. But the game isn't finished so you backtrack halfway through the game.

You're probably still going to think Devil May Cry 1 is the best, but that's not bad.
>>
>>341646589
You're pissing on sacred ground anon.
>>
You're not supposed to be able to get all the blue orbs/shards on your first playthrough of a mission. DMC 3 more so than any of the other games is meant for multiple playthroughs.
>>
>>341646589

It's got the best level design/enemy design in the series. The combat itself is rough as fuck, especially Trickster.

Shame that combat was perfected in DMC4 only to completely shit the bed with level design, story, bosses, etc
>>
>>341646589
>I think DMC1 is the best in the series so far, anyone else?
Good taste.
>>
>>341646856
I beat DMC1 on all difficulties with no items

>>341646878
Best so far, haven't played 4 yet. I'll be trying it soon though.

>>341647052
Overall I enjoyed 3, but I think 1 was better. Is it straight backtracking through the same area, or are there changes like in 1? In 1 you went back through the castle again, but the layouts were changes and new enemies showed up.

>>341647060
Somebody on /v/ will get butthurt over any criticism for anything, it's part of what makes /v/ great though

>>341647307
I just thought this was tedious though, the secret missions in 1 were just like little bonuses to test your skill with a mini-game and offer a reward. If the game is good I'll want to play it anyway, I don't need a "come back later" sign as an incentive.
>>
File: 1424034354351.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1424034354351.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
>>341649084
if you hate backtrackinso much, you gonna love 4.
>>
File: Buddy_christ[1].jpg (31 KB, 370x284) Image search: [Google]
Buddy_christ[1].jpg
31 KB, 370x284
>>341648586
True, the lesser enemies felt more varied and interesting. Some of the moves from the swordmaster style felt kind of useless. The bosses are worse than DMC3? That's not good, but two people have said combat in general is better so I'll give it a shot.

>>341648920
>mfw
>>
>>341649084
I wouldn't say the layouts change significantly. Revisiting the forest, there's a purple smog covering it which causes you to constantly warp to random parts of it (or something like that).
>>
I got bored of it. It kinda pissed me off that I have to start over if I fail a boss, but I have to try multiple times to figure out how to kill the boss.
>>
>>341650726
>start over if I fail a boss,

did you play the vanilla version? the SE has you spawn outside the bosses room.
>>
>>341649924
>>341650240
That doesn't sound good

>>341650726
I don't mind that too much, as long as you don't have to keep repeating long levels before the boss fight. Most of the time, a level with a boss is kept short.
>>
>>341646589
I think DMC3 is the best of the series, and always did and will love the shit out of it.

But I have to agree with most of your arguments. Combat adjudicators were tedious, and required backtracking. Can't say much for Secret Missions. I never liked them, but they aren't objectively bad. Arkham wasn't really good, especially that they took away your specials, and forced the dopplegagner on you in the face of Vergil. Letting him just do his fight 1 attacks independently would have been much better
I don't know how Beowulf and Ghosthorse could feel the same, besides both being giant monsters
But I didn't feel final Vergil annoying in a wrong way. Felt like finally fighting someone on Dante's level, and his unpredictablity just made him better.

DMC4 comes very close, but I haven't played SE jet so I can't judge completely
>>
>>341649084
Backtracing in DMC4is really the same.
The level stays, but layout + enemies change.
>>
File: 1442979220312.jpg (364 KB, 1070x815) Image search: [Google]
1442979220312.jpg
364 KB, 1070x815
SUBJECTIVE OPINION TIME

1 = 2 = 3 >>> 4
>>
My problem with DMC3 is that enemies are glorified (or maybe even literal in some cases) sandbags.
Also Leviathan's heart, Jester and Gigapede.
All garbage bosses.
>>
File: 1457903108609.jpg (49 KB, 512x403) Image search: [Google]
1457903108609.jpg
49 KB, 512x403
>>341654923
>Jester
>garbage boss
And I'M the one with the swollen head?
>>
>>341654923
I love DMC3 the most, but I cant deny; those are all shit bosses. Arham's final form wasn't sucha big whoop. Veril was right; he couldn't be allowed to be the final boss

>>341655259
Jester is the least shitty, but he never felt like fits. Not to mention that the trick of defeating him is the same on all the three occasions.
>>
I've always though the camera made DMC3 practically unplayable.

Back when it was new, everybody always said it was really hard, but when I went back to play it recently I realized that 90% of the difficulty comes from not being able to see shit.
>>
File: 1443501373358.gif (115 KB, 316x193) Image search: [Google]
1443501373358.gif
115 KB, 316x193
>>341655875
>Not to mention that the trick of defeating him is the same on all the three occasions.
Like Vergil?
>>
>>341656067
I am not sure what you mean. Jester's trick was to shoot him till he gets "tired" the melee him.

As far as I know Vergil's trick was like every other boss; evade, learn, counterattack when there is room for it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.