[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why dont games have cheat codes anymore? I want to have a comfy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: dark souls.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
why dont games have cheat codes anymore? I want to have a comfy experience with Dark Souls playing with god mode but there are no cheats. the vanilla game is just too hard, its not comfy at all.
>>
>>341624841
if you want to play dark souls on god mode just spam roll and backstab everything
>>
It's called a guide, only cucks and bandwaggonwers use them though.
>>
>>341624841
Just use cheat engine
>>
If anything, I'd want "cheat codes" to make the game harder because the base game is way too easy. There should be a hard mode where you can't just tank everything and chug estus, and bosses shouldn't die so quickly.
>>
What R U? Casul?
>>
>>341625216

>he levels up vitality

Wew lad, git gud
>>
>>341625216
only thing i can think of is getting gravelorded
can you use CE to gravelord your game i wonder
>>
>not going full giantdad and BTFOing everything on your way
>>
>>341624841
git gud
>>
>>341624841
>Fromdrones are STILL falseflagging to maintain their precious game's "hardcore" reputation
>in 20-fucking-16
Just stop. We've all played it at this point. We know it's a circlestrafefest with the shittiest AI since Daikatana. We KNOW it's not hard. What's the point of doing this?
>>
>>341627174
op here im stuck at the first boss i have fought him dozens of times without winning
>>
>>341624841
because cheevos and online connectivity

no more low gravity cheats
no more riot cheats
no god mode
no fun allowed

I remember when games would give you cheats for beating the game but that doesn't happen anymore
>>
>>341627326
OMG wow! That's so hardcore! Man, you must be some kind of hardcore mega gamer if you play games like this! Respect!
>>
git gud tho
>>
>>341627437
why not just make using cheats disable cheevos and not let you play online?
>>
Get a PC.
>>
File: pepe the frog.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe the frog.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>341627469
What games do you play?
>>
>>341624841
Its easy to explain why Souls doesn't have cheats, its Single Player and Multiplayer are integrated so closely. Only way it would work is if you could only use them if you were offline.
>>
>>341627628
CS 1.6, Ninja Gaiden and stuff like Touhou usually, but none of them are as hardcore and difficult as Dark Souls.
>>
>>341627506
some games do that but these days devs just opt to skip cheats all together and skip the extra work
>>
>>341627326
kek. git gud. I had a shitty time in the beginning and had rage quits. but you just gotta git gud.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 557x605
>>
What's the point? Just watch it on youtube if you want to see what the game is about. You won't get the sense of accomplishment knowing you cheated.

Also save editors. They exist on pc, 360, and ps3 and they are so simple any non tech savvy retard can into it. For 360 and ps3 you need a usb drive to copy saves between console and pc.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.