[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOU'LL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER LONGEST JOURNEY GAME FEATURING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: CgBqtyPUEAEUrC2.jpg (47 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
CgBqtyPUEAEUrC2.jpg
47 KB, 600x849
YOU'LL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER LONGEST JOURNEY GAME FEATURING APRIL.

HEAR ME?

NEVER.

NEVER EVER.
>>
They would fuck it up with sjw and political propaganda anyway.
>>
She's a good female protaganist so obviously feminists never mention her.
>>
>>341620482
I'm ok with this considering redthread seem incapable of releasing anything other than half assed broken messes anyway that they spend the next 2 years trying to fix.
>>
>>341622779
Don't worry when they are mentioned they'll find some random ass joke for ages ago and turn her into a transgendered woman like they did with Samus.
>>
>>341622295
This.

The gaming industry isn't as innocent as it was then.
just let the game rest in peace in your memories
>>
>>341620482
Didn't they hint at doing a new project with her once Chapters was finished?
>>
File: 1434865194303.jpg (174 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
1434865194303.jpg
174 KB, 500x704
>>341620482
I played a bit of the first game, but I just could not get into it. I got to the point where I crossed the portal into the fantasy world. Does it get interesting later on? I'm just not interested in point and click games, but if the story is really worth it, i'm willing to give it another go.
>>
>>341624481
It's definitely a slow burn and some puzzles are far too convoluted for their own good.

But it has its moments and some good atmosphere. Fun fantasy adventure.
>>
>>341620482
Say what you will about Chapters, but I'll genuinely miss Zoe.
>>
>>341626054
I actually appreciate Dreamfall a lot more than I did at the time, having replayed it this week.

Now I'm older I actually sympathise with April in this a lot more than I did when I was younger.
>>
File: FindHerSaveHer.jpg (66 KB, 1000x532) Image search: [Google]
FindHerSaveHer.jpg
66 KB, 1000x532
>>341626212
As cheesy as it might sound, I was at a time of my life that Dreamfall's themes really hit me hard when I first played it.

Hadn't seen game characters openly dealing with concepts like social apathy and long-term depression before.
>>
I played Dreamfall when i was around 12-14 and I remember it being shallow and boring which confused me because i had only heard critical acclaim about it,

Is it worth revisiting? Or did I mistake Dreamfall for Longest Journey?
>>
>>341627550
Dreamfall is arguably more "boring" than Longest Journey, but it's by no means shallow.
>>
>>341627550
There are three games in the Longest Journey series. Dreamfall's the second.
>>
>>341628306
Hmm, i guess I'll try out the first then.

>>341627842
I remember being in a town for several hours with nothing interesting happening, only to get dropped into a cave that was mildly more interesting. No themes really stood out to me.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>341626815
You might like 'The Cat Lady'
give it a shot when you can
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.