[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Yu-Gi-Oh the only gaming property Konami hasn't defiled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Yugioh_Logo.png (372 KB, 1431x578) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh_Logo.png
372 KB, 1431x578
Is Yu-Gi-Oh the only gaming property Konami hasn't defiled and/or subsequently raped into a pachinko machine?
>>
>>341613101
Because it sells more as a card game than as a virtual game. And yes, the card game got raped pretty hard.
>>
>>341613101
yugioh isn't popular anymore

kids and teens don't know what the fuck it is

idk if it's still popular in Japan or not
>>
>>341613101
>Yu-Gi-Oh the only gaming property Konami hasn't defiled and/or subsequently raped
It got raped in many other ways for years on end.

>>341613295
Its one of the most popular tcgs in the states, not as popular as magic but up there with pokemon
>>
>>341613585
Is the game's balance good now?
>>
Never heard of Speed Duels, eh?
>>
>>341613707
I havent played the game since like 2009 and even than it was briefly.
No the games balance is still shit from what i heard but maybe someone who still plays the game can give you a more educated response.
>>
>>341613707
Not really, no. The game suffers from some pretty ridiculous power creep, where cards from the newer sets are better than the cards of the previous sets. They needed to release a new not!Dragon type so that Dragons will stop getting support every set release.
>>
>>341613749
speed duels were only in the anime and in 3 games.
However i liked speed duels in the anime and how they were written
>>
Is it any good now? I stopped playing 7 or so years ago, way before almost every monster had an effect.
>>
>>341615861

Officially those are 'Turbo Duels'.

Speed Duels give you 3000 Life Points, 30 cards in a deck, and only three Zones on the field.

Its the only way you can play in the YGO mobile app, and it'll probably be the only way in the new 3DS game, too.
>>
>>341615246
all games have powercreep though
>>
>>341616234
7 years ago monsters will still filled to the brim with effects, you must mean 17 years ago.
>>
>>341616306
oh yeah i got confused
>>
>>341616234
lolno. The meta is all based on who can pull off their 20 card wombo combo first. Games rarely last past the 3rd or 4th turn.
>>
>>341616691
games last a long time all the time,
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.