[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would I miss anything important playing The Witcher 2/3 without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1329041369913121195.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1329041369913121195.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
Would I miss anything important playing The Witcher 2/3 without playing 1? I found the first one boring as shit.
>>
well, if you start with Witcher 2 then you're going to be clueless about everything.
PS read the books
>>
>>341604654
You'll be fine, the story of the 3 games is somewhat unrelated as they explain everything each time anyway.
>>
They're all boring as shit
>>
I started with 2 and I wasn't lost. You'll miss some backstory with a few characters like Foltest, Keira and Thaler, but anyone with common sense can ascertain Geralt's history with them.
>>
>>341604654
CDPR helped out Xbots with this for the 360 release of TW2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB_bHqHzhIA

Spoilers obviously.
>>
>can i play 2 before 1 in a story heavy game?

what do you think retard
>>
>>341604654
They should be played as a Trilogy or not at all.
If you want the right and epic feel, they're all worth it.

Each game gets bigger as it goes along, and the story for the first is probably the best.
>>
Witcher is basically a sequel to witcher books, so it would be pretty stupid to play that without reading those books.
Witcher 2 has many characters from the books so once again reading em would help a lot.
Witcher 3 only has some small references to books, but the final DLC constantly refers to books
>>
>>341604654
Although you'll miss a lot without reading books prior to playing games in order, everything will be explained to you briefly and you can read more stuff in ingame books and glosary.
>>
File: 1254.jpg (6 KB, 158x200) Image search: [Google]
1254.jpg
6 KB, 158x200
>>341605696
nice bait

but it becomes a problem when there is actually nothing entertaining to do between said dialogues

combat doesnt change at all, you 'unlock' moves by spending your skill points but thats it.

tons of different uniques and set swords, problem is they all have the same moveset.

slicing a bandit in half is fun for 5 minutes the first time you do it.

doesnt help that outside of bandits and humanoids enemies ( aka drowners, nekkers ) no other monster in the game has dismemberement and the combat feels like Geralt hitting a rock while dancing around it, no matter what monster you're fighting

those are all facts and you maybe legally blind and / or retarded to deny it

go read a book since you like to pretend you're educated.
>>
>>341605696
Witcher series' dialogue is nothing special
Geralt is a generic edgelord no matter what choices you pick
>>
>>341604654

No get Dark Souls for le ebin memes praise da sun xDlmao doge roll deepest lore chosen one haha
>>
>>341606450
yeah it's shit game. how can it even compete with elder scrolls, dark souls and other masterpieces. at least those games have very well written dialogue, unique quests and amazing combat that just gets better over time.
but what do i know.. im just 12 and love to play minecraft
>>
>>341604654
You should probably skip 2 too, the combat is that one is really clunky and unsatisfying and the story is much less interesting than 3.
>>
>>341604654
Don't bother.

You're just a shitter that doesn't like how it doesn't play like your other shitty and familiar RPGs.
Witcher 1 is dead easy to play and get through, you just didn't bother to actually and try to play it the way the game shows you to.
Thr combat isn't the best, but it's serviceable and in no way a true hindrance, and beyond it lies a game oozing with atmosphere, interesting characters, story, and vistas.

But you're a shallow retard so who cares lol.

Tl;dr: Don't bother, not for you.
>>
You can get by without playing any previous game. I suggest to play them all, but you would miss a lot of stuff having not played the 1st one when playing the sequels.

People saying you MUST read the books are idiots.
>>
>>341608616
Please, as someone who has completed all of the games and read the books - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

Kill yourself
>>
>>341604654
you saved my fucking day anon, thanks, what you lose is the comfyness cause damn withcer 1 soundtrack is just killer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9es3gtxHMU
>>
>>341609302
> as someone who

Lol and that gives you some kind of authority? Fucking faggot.

Kys first, my good man.
>>
>>341604654
The story is largely irrelevant in Witcher 1.

The ending is referenced in a letter in Withcer 3, and that is about it.
>>
>>341609798
It makes me a stronger version of you, now please again: kill yourself
>>
>>341604654

You should try getting an attention span and coming back when your head isn't riddled with ADD.
>>
1 becomes a lot better if you use the mouse control setup with the cam as high up as possible
>>
>>341604654
>Would I miss anything important playing The Witcher 2/3 without playing 1?
yes, you'd miss the only good game in the franchise
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.