[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Outgrowing video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14
File: sad.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
51 KB, 657x527
Does anyone else feel like they have outgrown video games? I rarely have fun playing video games anymore, they just feel like a chore that I have to complete. I even find multiplayer games to be boring.

Is this a sign of maturing or are there just no good video games in the market currently? Hell... maybe it's time for me to go outside and start living my life!
>>
>>341599694
It's you
>>
>>341599694
>maturing
why are you using that word
all it is is to define a person whos personality and or hobbies you don't like.
you answeed your own question. video games are a chore to you. thats it, it's time to move on to something else to fill your meaningless time.
>>
>>341599694
No.
You sound like a tool that only were in because it was trendy, and never really liked them in the first place.
Get out and never com back.
Sage for shit thread.
>>
>>341599694
Jani will delete your thread.
>>
>>341599694
You've just been playing bad games.
I'm soon 30, and still love vidya. However, the beginning of the 7th console generation marked the big dip in the quality of games. Everything is streamlined, casualized, made without risks or creativity. Only few good exceptions and older games have kept me entertained in past few years.
>>
>>341599920

>You sound like a tool that only were in because it was trendy, and never really liked them in the first place.

Except I've played video games passionately since I was 6. Maybe I've played too much video games, there's no magic in them anymore for me.
>>
i still enjoy multiplayer

sometimes i think i have stopped enjoying singleplayer but then i play something actually good and realize that its actually just because 99% of video games are garbage
>>
>>341599694
Don't listen to majority of people here. They're under age or immature 20 something year olds that still cling onto this deadbeat hobby. You're realizing video games are useless OP. You ARE maturing. Head outside, take up a hobby, learn to play an instrument, work more shifts at work. Life can be so amazing. Don't let video games hold you back.
>>
>>341599694
Must we have this thread every single day. If you're losing interest in video games then either find a new hobby or just kill yourself.

>>341600010
as he should
>>
File: indifferent bird.png (39 KB, 516x434) Image search: [Google]
indifferent bird.png
39 KB, 516x434
I feel ... tired more than I feel "outgrown video games"

Being tired gamer is like being in purgatory
>>
>>341599694
play old games you never played. If you have fun, you're just like me and don't like this era. if not; you are a fucking normalfag and you should GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS WEBSITE FUCKING FAGGOT.
>>
>>341600624

I'm tired, always tired.
>>
>>341599694
Im 26 op and the last couple years ive slowly been growing out of gaming.
There are a few really amazing games that ive sat down and played all day and been completely addicted to, but the majority of them i dont even spend enough time playing to justify spending the money on them.
I think its a mix of the video game industry making shit games and thw subtle realization that youre wasting your life doing something that doesnt matter.
The old you get, the more it dawns on you.
>>
File: 1458447883262.jpg (71 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1458447883262.jpg
71 KB, 384x313
>>341599694
from my experience, 90% of people who say this kind of thing exclusively plays only western game.
>>
Just get into genres that are untainted by AAAs like fighting games or grand strategy.
>>
>>341599694
I'm 33 and really only play games with friends now and I have to make time to do it. Played some aoe2 last night and had a good time. Also new monster hunter coming up.

I definitely play different games now than when I was younger. I also spend less time getting gud and kind of just settle on being sort of gud, but that's still putting me ahead of everyone but the try hard serious mode fags. I will still wreck a bitch at SF3:TS, any civ game, or UT2K4.

Just try new stuff op. People don't read the same books or watch the same movies their whole life. Your tastes change.
>>
File: 1464177816751.png (11 KB, 402x383) Image search: [Google]
1464177816751.png
11 KB, 402x383
>>341599694
>Hell... maybe it's time for me to go outside and start living my life

just go outside my retarded friend.
>>
>it's this thread again episode
fuck off
>>
>>341599694
It's because you play games TOO much.
You need other hobby besides gaming.
>>
I'm 27 and still play vidya, my neighbour is 38 or so and plays more than me.
>>
File: 1411178900845.png (53 KB, 422x539) Image search: [Google]
1411178900845.png
53 KB, 422x539
I wouldn't say I outgrew video games, but I definitely outgrew video game culture.

Once you hit your mid-twenties, watching people argue about consoles, youtube celebs and feminism over and over just becomes unbearable. I don't know why I even still browse this place.
>>
>>341599694
You just haven't played anything good lately. I sometimes wonder if I'm getting bored of video games in general but then a good one comes out and I play it every day and don't even think about doing something else until I complete it. Then I go back to having unplayed good, not great games and thinking about playing them but not actually playing them.
>>
>>341601657
>my neighbor is 38 and still gets high everyday and drinks
>therefor it's okay if I do it!!
>other people do it. It's normal to have addictions!!!!
>>
>>341599694

No.

Everyone is different and nobody shares the same views as you faggot now fuck off.
>>
>>341601671
Because there is nothing else to browse that is better. It's either immature manchildren and literal children arguing about pointless shit or people who only ever played video games as a casual hobby going "lol us gamers, am I right? ;D"

of the two poisons I pick the first. At least sometimes /v/ does stuff I can laugh at. Too bad OC has been on the downswing except for shit like new pepes.
>>
File: 1365736578394.jpg (17 KB, 379x374) Image search: [Google]
1365736578394.jpg
17 KB, 379x374
>>341601848
>>
File: epin.jpg (21 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
epin.jpg
21 KB, 480x600
>>341601848
>>
>>341602014
hes right tho
>>
>>341599694
You're maturing, and video games get more and more childish. Obviously at some point it just doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>341601848
>All that projecting

Video games are not an addiction any more than any other hobby.
>>
File: 1463023731883.png (64 KB, 693x503) Image search: [Google]
1463023731883.png
64 KB, 693x503
Games aren't fun anymore. Games, specifically and egregiously console games and AAA tittles are developed with ONLY money in mind. They are only being made to sell to you and me, without our ideas or input in mind, and in some cases, the developers input.

This E3 made me realize that this is how its been for all these years and its exactly why video games experienced a steep decline, and why we feel as though we're "outgrowing" them. The soul, the life, the FUN has been slowly and systematically hacked away out of video games and replaced with gimmicks and cinematics so it can appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Fun has become an afterthought.
>>
>>341602004
/v/ has become so shitty lately with janitors deleting good threads and all the thinly veiled /pol/ threads that the whole "lesser evil" thing doesn't do it for me anymore. I feel like I'm losing brain cells every time I browse this site.

But you're right, where are we supposed to go?
>>
>>341600195
>I've played video games passionately since I was 6

Same here. Just take a fucking break from it for a while. If you find yourself wanting to play again, do it. If not, sell off all your shit and take a vacation to somewhere you've never been.

It's really a win-win situation and you shouldn't be depressed about it, anon
>>
>>341601848
>it's a /v/ is poor at analogy episode
fr*ckin fuck off jesus chr*st
>>
>>341602249
I dunno about childish. More like, preachy, topical and/or pandering. I feel like too many games either pander to the masses or pander to permavirgins. Extremely few games these days are just about having well executed gameplay with no political agenda, bandwagon hopping or lewd animus.
>>
>>341601671
>I don't know why I even still browse this place.
Me neither. Occasionally there's a hidden gem that nowhere else talks about (e.g. LISA, Momodora), but the other 99% of the time it's SJW tweets and FOTM bullshit.
>>
>>341600296
>work more shifts at work
>Life can be so amazing
Cucked hard
>>
File: fuck.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>341602271
>Fun has become an afterthought
>>
>>341599694
dumb frogposter
>>
>>341600110
Developers learned that people like the idea of what they're doing more than what they're actually doing.
>>
>>341602436
Well by childish, what I actually meant was they get simpler and shallower as time passes. More like "more fitting for kids, and retards", and straying away from their original nature of "video games".

But yeah, that. They try to be plenty boring things, but not just video games.
>>
>>341599694
You're literally just a bitter nostalgia cuck. Stop playing western AAA games and start playing actual good games instead.
>>
/r9k/
>>
Stop playing AAA games
Of course you don't have fun with generic open world collectathon #500
>>
>>341599694
There just hasn't been any good games since western gaming took over and killed it.
>>
It's normal to stop enjoying certain hobbies as you age, just check out music or reading.
>>
>>341602352
Sometimes I browse something like GameFAQs and am under the illusion that it's actually not that bad for like 10 minutes but then some ultra faggot user or two appear and suddenly it's worse than /v/.

I literally don't know any video game discussion sites other than this, GameFAQs that I sometimes look at as well as NeoGAF and Reddit which I don't use because the userbases are too awful.
>>
>>341602805
I outgrew reading when I was 21 or so.

Reading is firmly for children and teens.
>>
>>341599694
i feel exactly like that atm. last game i kinda completed was w3. And ye it was fun. Since then every game feels like a chore. Kinda wanna get into some interesting RPG that isnt straight rail. But there really isnt anything out right now.
>>
>>341602805
I read in bed every night before I go to sleep
Can't even imagine just reading as a hobby during the day except on flights and such
>>
Blogpost incoming.

I felt the same when I was 21. I felt like I was supposed to watch movies and read muh deep books, like other adults do. I slowly stopped enjoying my life, trying to "be adult" and pretending to be a different person.

And one day, when I wanted to fap to something, I said "fuck it" and jerked off to some furry on /b/. I started playing games again and moved out of my city.

Now I'm here, happy that somehow people like me despite my retarded personality. I don't give a fuck about my hobbies, I don't care if games or animu are childish as fuck - I just don't tell everyone that I do that.

Being liked by people doesn't require you to be generic - you just need to avoid looking like a giant redflag.

So stop pretending to be such a fucking adult with important stuff to do, start enjoying yourself. Stop using words which limit you like "manchild", "faggot" or even "gay". You don't need to be a degenerate, but if you enjoy fapping to cute loli girls with penises - do it and don't care if it's gay or not.

Same about videogames.
>>
>>341603161
fapping to cute loli girls with penises

Your never going inside a vagina ever
>>
>>341602879
/lit/ here. Fucking lol.
>>
>>341599694
No but I find harder to be appealed by them
>>
>>341603161
Do you have a grillfriend though? I get along with people but I'm the most boring man in the world
>>
>>341603161
Most adults don't read "deep" books or watch "deep" movies, anon.
>>
>>341603020

I retain nothing if I read while I'm tired. I have no recollection of anything I read the whole time. I do a lot of reading but it's always accompanied by coffee.
>>
>>341602879
You should start to read when you are 21. To really understand the book.
>>
>>341599694
No, you're just in a bad spot in life, possibly depressed. And to top it off you probably only play some AAA big blockbuster garbage like Uncharted and Overwatch and Fallout 4 or whatever. It ain't a big surprise that trash made for the lowest common denominator doesn't strike as engaging
>>
>>341602879
>I used to read so I could pretend to be mature and assume that's why other people read too

Fucking lol.
>>
i hate being poor.

the only reason i don't play video games is because i get that envy feeling when i see someone playing a ps4/xbone/high requirements pc game.

i'm like ''oh look at that cool game, too bad you won't play it''
>>
>>341603670
Well I don't wait until I'm just about to fall asleep on my own, I go to bed half an hour earlier and just read
>>
>>341603161
You sound like a massive faggot and you completely missed the point of OPs post.
>>
>>341603383
It was just a dumb example, but yeah, I jerked off to shit like that.

>Your never going inside a vagina ever

Shame on you anon, I already did.

>>341603569
Yeah, but she's nothing amazing

It really isn't that hard, people here are limited by their own mind. If you look like a fucking dork just avoid looking in the mirrors, feel good about yourself. That's the most important part, liking yourself.

Maybe it's something with girls in my country but it's really easy to make them laugh, even if you're boring as fuck.

>>341603595
I know, but they think that they do. Most of the people think that Murakami's works are the pinnacle of literature and everyone who likes to read fantasy is a manchild.
>>
Tastes change. But "outgrowing" things doesnt really happen. There are plenty of adults that enjoy videogames.
>>
>>341603946
My point is that no one should care if he's a massive faggot.

I may have missed the point, but I replied to this sentence.
>maybe it's time for me to go outside and start living my life!
>>
>>341603906
How? Why do you care about new games?
The only thing that I needed to upgrade my PC for was Witcher 3
>>
Stop playing video games thinking each time it's supposed to be fun.

Use it to relax, not to drive yourself wild with excitement.
>>
File: bestthings.jpg (96 KB, 1184x926) Image search: [Google]
bestthings.jpg
96 KB, 1184x926
I'm tired of games. I've been tired of games since I quit playing wow. I don't care to play single player games since they have clear end goals. Nor do I care to play most multiplayer games because communities are SHIT.

The last game I felt genuinely interested in was Secret World when it came out, but I couldn't afford paying subscription to it since I was still on the WoW progression raiding treadmill, dead inside.

I just want online communities and wikis to die and a new MMO coming out that doesn't have clear end game or million autists running hundreds of millions of man-years worth of simulations to determine the one and only accepted play style.
>>
>>341599694
Are you a NEET?

Getting a job fixed this problem for me
>>
>>341599694
anon these threads always have the same answer
you haven't grown out of them you just need a break from bideo bames go read a book or watch a bunch of movies then come back to them
>>
>>341599694
Yea. Especially that I inherited a working ranch, a small business and have a career on my own that is demanding. It's like I'm too tired to care about the vidya. I'd rather take a shower and just watch TV.
>kid on the way too.
>>
>>341604019
This. If you used to like something as a teenager but no longer really like it as an adult it doesn't mean you outgrew it, your taste changed and since in your mind your old taste is linked to being a teen you feel like "That thing I liked is childish, I outgrew it."

For example I really used to like most types of popular music when I was a teen but these days I only like music with no vocals except for some rare cases where the vocals flawlessly work as an "instrument". I wouldn't say I outgrew lyrics in music or anyone who thinks lyrics are good is immature.
>>
>>341599694

are you defending dark souls because people are realizing its a cheap forced meme game now?

hurrrrrrr you're just growing up
dark souls isn't shit

miazaki is not a total hack
>>
>>341604097
i just want to play something that keeps me entertained, my pc can't run shit

my last pc upgrade was in 2008
>>
>>341604221
>NEET
>Have all the time in the world but too lethargic to do anything meaningful, even play games
>Get a job
>Become much happier
>Now that I actually want to play games and do other things I don't have the time for it

Why is life so hard to get right?
>>
>>341604612
Moderation in all things is the key
>>
>>341601671
This is how I feel. I also have become increasingly critical when it comes to video games. Makes it hard to discuss with people since I don't want to ruin their fun.
>>
Probably you just don't enjoy the new games. Just wait until something appeal you and then start to play. And please, don't listen to the 20-ish boy who say "video game are for child! I'm a grown man now!". Actually teenagers tend to think like that.
>>
>>341604584
Yeah that's my point, at least the last 20 games I bought were either old enough to run on a toaster or isometric cRPGs that do anyway
>>
>>341604451
>he feel for the kid meme
you're not going to have time for hobbies for another 20 years friend
>>
>>341604549
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
I thought this too but then I realized I was just playing games I hated not that video games as a whole were shit.

Once I stopped playing meme genres like shooters I started liking video games again.
>>
>>341599694
Modern video games are mostly shit with a few games.
>>
>>341605145
>reported
enjoy your ban fag
>>
>>341605145

This. The longer I'm away from /v/ the more I enjoy video games.
>>
>>341600624
exercise, join a sports club or better yet get a job(manual labor kind)

getting physical pumps you up and makes you feel much less tired actually
>>
go fucking die frogfuckers
>>
I never start a game because I know I don't have enough time to enjoy it.

>start game
>play for 2 hours
>go to sleep so I can get up to go to work
Repeat.

It fucking sucks. I've had pillars of eternity sitting in my library unplayed since it came out.
>>
>>341602879
I read all the time on 4chan
>>
>>341599694
I dont feel like Im outgrowing them.

I feel like they are outgrowing me. I dont like the new directions gaming is being taken. Im not part of the main audience anymore.

Frankly the only decent dev left for me is Vanillaware and If I only enjoy their games, do I still like videogames overall?

All my favorite franchise are now shit, abandonware or simply hijacked by women, autistic kids (and not in the cool autistic way, the ones with spreadsheats and maths involved) and niggers.

You won reddit. You have taken away my videogames.
>>
>>341599694
I don't play games much these days, but Witcher 3 was one I've played very recently and actually experienced the old child-like enthusiasm when I got into it. Same goes for Rocket League too, which I play occasionally, though it isn't quite as captivating.

So I'd say it's a problem with the games, not you. Of course people also get tired of doing the same things over and over so you might not be as satisfied with the types of games you enjoyed earlier.
>>
File: 1418309322984.png (253 KB, 786x715) Image search: [Google]
1418309322984.png
253 KB, 786x715
>>341605352
you first reddit pepe belong to /v/.
>>
Yea I don't enjoy playing games too nowadays, but now I like to watch...
>>
>>341604612
try being sudden NEET out of home

I really need a fucking job, all this finite money draining so fast, I feel like I'm in JUST mode
>>
>>341605368
You have 2 hours of free time per day?
>>
File: p.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
>>341605352
no it is you who will die
>>
>>341605606
2 at night and 2 when I wake up. I use that two hours to shitpost here and make breakfast. Have work in 20 minutes.
>>
>>341605775
>tfw 6-7 hours freetime every day and I feel like I don't have time for anything

Do you at least have a solid job with good career opportunities?
>>
I might probably the biggest black sheep of this thread. I have the same problem as you OP and I am 26. I used to do a lot of drugs and play vidya in long sessions (or otherwise it wasnt worth it for me) to scapegoat my shitreality. I left the city and went to the countryside and started workin on my music album/musician skill. I still some vidya... my last '' ''AAA'' '' game was Dark Souls 3. Got my blast and played it like a no life for a month, always rerolling chars before entering Grand Archives. This poison got bigger some months ago because I met one of my neighbor who was a regular marijuana user / gamer. So for some time I would come with my ps4 and we would dual screen DS3. Now he left last week to another city, which is already beneficial for me even tho I like the bastard.

I started working at a recreational center (run the zamboni) and doing firs business (syviculture in french) and put more time into my music. The whole E3 was great compare to other years but I'm not not feeling it anymore. Only the Stranding death trailer made me live something but only because it's as intriguing as a lovecraftian approach.

The only real fun I had post all this shits was on underrail and stranger of sword city.

I don't know where I headed with this post, just wanted to breath out something.
>>
Nah, but Video Games have gotten markedly shittier since even 2010.

Bannerlord is the only reason i'm sticking around.
>>
>>341606028
Yeah, it's alright, but not the field I want to be in.

In the time I'm playing games I feel kind of guilty because I should be working on my portfolio.

I wish 3 day work weeks were the norm.
>>
>>341606518
>because I should be working on my portfolio.
I'm glad I'm not an artfag
>>
I am 31 and I had to deal with a group of guys averaging 25 last month. I second >>341605442 because that's how it feels to me. I read one of those people talking about E3, how awed he was, and I honestly felt "what the fuck is he talking about?".

Then I saw a grown guy posting a black ribbon for Zelda, sperging with his semi-normalfag friends about Nintendo raping the series.

To all those "GET A JERB" people: If you stop caring about something, chances you get back to care grow slim to none as time goes on. It definitely could be lingering depression from neet status, or is it just you really do not feel your time validated by playing videogames anymore. Games got worse, culture is toxic, too much shit to interact with which is why kids aren't missing much by watching retards play games, it's not they are missing on good games anyway), and you get numbed. It happens, especially if you're introverted or just alone, it's hard to keep yourself motivated just by yourself, that's why people seek other people, not because they want it but to keep themselves going. Work can help, it is not the cure.
>>
File: God of War E3 2016-1200-80.jpg (64 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
God of War E3 2016-1200-80.jpg
64 KB, 1024x576
gameplay is inherently boring unless its realistic
a story will always stick in your head tho
this is why the logical next step is moviegames and Sony understand that.
>>
>>341606670
I'm a wannabe web developer.
>>
>>341606689
>it's hard to keep yourself motivated just by yourself
This.

People don't understand this.

You wither away when you're lonely. It's amazing how motivated you get when someone comes into your life, not just girls, but friends too.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.