[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really hate how the entire gaming culture is based on memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 283x178
I really hate how the entire gaming culture is based on memes

>God of war is casual
>DMC 2 is bad
>Deus ex is a masterpiece

Everyone knows these and anyone who goes against them is labeled an outsider
He can bring up countless arguments to support his argument, he will still be booed out

Nobody cares about objectivity, just belonging and chasing away those that "dont belong"

I was too scared to even list any examples, due to instantly being told to fuck off for implying these memes are not 100% true
>>
Fuck off.
>>
I liked the god of war series a lot. Hoping the new direction they're going works cause it looks like a big change.
>>
>>341594896
OP gets it.
It doesn't matter. Fanboys can cry all they want, but the Industry will only drink their tears.
>>
Deus Ex is a very good game, but there are many flaws which bring it down. If there is anyone that disagrees then they need to replay the game with an objective mindset, because it's very clear that there are issues.
>>
>>341594896
I don't get this whole "Gaming Culture" and "Gaming identity" bullshit, There are no such things, only games, and plyaing games.

Do swat teams with the logo of the Internet break into your house if you play "unpopular" games and taze you? The who cares what others think?

Games are a hobby, they are about having fun.
and fun is an incredibly subjective thing.
>There are people who calim to "ironically" enjoy "bad" games.
>There are people who enjoy doing unrelated and silly shit in FPS games
>There are people who like to ERP in mmorpgs

Look at E.Y.E.
It has a lot of objectively flawed elements, but most people who played it have fun with it. Do you think that's some kinda fucking conspiracy?

rant over
>>
File: God of War.jpg (147 KB, 652x325) Image search: [Google]
God of War.jpg
147 KB, 652x325
>>341594896
>God of war is casual
This isn't a widely accepted fact outside of /v/. All the casual pleb websites hold those shit games up as one of the greatest achievements in gaming history for whatever conceivable reason. Its literally only here that people acknowledge that the games are shallow and kind of boring.
>>
>>341594896

Speaking of memes, OP, when will the whole "casual is bad" meme end? Or the "hardcore" gaming one?
>>
>>341595089

Literally reinforced OPs argument. Gg ez.
>>
>gow is casual
Hold l1 and press square to win. The only hard thing in the game is the insta kill block puzzles

>dmc2 is bad
Cause you can stunlock bosses with your pistols, and your sword is shit

>deus ex is a masterpiece
Are you implying it isnt?
>>
>>341594896
so are you gonna talk about video games or just whine like a faggot?
>>
>>341595690
>shallow
yeah you smash heavy attack all day
>kinda boring
No not really. God of War is a million times more entertaining than Ninja Gaiden will ever be
>>
>>341598510
Crazy production value =/= entertaining.
>>
>>341594896
It's not gaming culture you're talking about, though. It's /v/.

The simple fact is that /v/ is filled with neckbeard fedora pseudintellectuals who can't wait to spoil some good time someone might be having.

99% of the threads which actually discuss vidya and are not automatic sage bullshit are:
>it's too short, so it's crap
>it's too long
>it's for children
>it's way too serious
>protagonist is a SJW
>protagonist is a nigger
>protagonist is a woman
>protagonist is a white male
>not enough content
>too much content
>combat sucks
>it is not dark souls
>it is dark souls

... and so on.

Vidya is about one thing: having fun. And you're not going to have any fun listening to these retarded fags and their shitposting. Wait, you actually are, that's why I still come to this fucking board.

Chill, game and try to act like a real person in the boring, imba, badly written bullshit that is real life.
>>
>>341594896
>people call GoW casual
>when it's literally just a modern day beat em up game akin to double dragon
>same people will praise LE CLASSIC INDIE BEAT EM UPS
>not only that but I can strictly remember multiple instances in each game that were actually hard as fuck and punished you for being a shitter
>GoW IS CASUAL GUYS XD

I know that feel OP, I hate these faggots with a passion
>>
File: 3764099-5645502955-dafuq.gif (4 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
3764099-5645502955-dafuq.gif
4 MB, 300x225
>>341594896
Devil May Cry 2 is bad though, like, truly terrible

The ONLY thing it did better than the first one was actually make the player character fun to control, everything else sucks ass

>The level design is bland lifeless bullshit with repeating textures and long, pointless stretches of empty space for no reason except to hide stupid jewels for the OP Devil Trigger

>Start with all the moves unlocked, so no sense of progression for you, sorry

>The enemies and bosses are braindead, standing around most of the time while you auto-juggle them with constant gunfire that auto-juggles

>No reason to use the expanded moveset or the wallrun

>The camera is somehow even more shit than the first game's, constantly loses track of whatever you're locked on to(Wolf Tamer for instance)

>The music is garbage, souless shit that sounds like someone sampled music from The Prodigy

>Heihachi Mishima is the big bad

>Building with a face shoots lasers while you cartwheel for 10 minutes

>Fucking INFESTED TANK

>Coin flipping

I'm sure I'm missing even more stuff, but you get my point I'm sure

I'm mad I even wasted time typing all of this bullshit
>>
>>341599767
i've only beaten the final bosses of the first 2 games on hard
are there other parts of the game harder than the final bosses?
>>
>>341595690
>god of war is casual
Anyone who thinks this has never played the games on Titan. Almost all the god of war games have some ridiculous fucking roadblock on the higher difficulties that is fucktardedly hard. For GoW1 it's the swarm part of the ares fight, for GoW2 its the hallway/spiral room before the fat sister, GoW3 has a higher average difficulty but no big roadblock, GoW ascension has Trial of Archimedes (pre-patch) and Shoulder of Apollo. Perhaps not as hard as Ninja Gaiden or something but they're definitely hard.
>>
File: Arius.png (161 KB, 346x563) Image search: [Google]
Arius.png
161 KB, 346x563
>>341599834
How could you mention the infested tanks without mentioning the infested chopper? It's legitimately one of the worst sequences and boss fights ever conceived at the same time.
>>
>>341600382
Nah, 3 has that roadblock when you are in Hell and have to fight all those Cerberus monsters that walk to the gate and transform. Trial of Hades I think? It's late game I know and it's hard as fuck
>>
>>341599767
I actually think the first 3 are okay, they're pretty well-designed and the levels aren't just "run here, pull a lever, progress" there are actual puzzles(compared to most action games, anyway), that and it's pretty hard to cheese the game's enemies and bosses, you'll get stomped out pretty easily on higher difficulties.

It's not comparable to, say, Bayo or DMC 3 in terms of it's depth, but it does get an unfair amount of hate I think.

Maybe b/c it's a Sony exclusive?
>>
"DMC 2 is bad" isn't a fucking meme, it's fact.
>>
What do you expect 90% of the players are kids
>>
>>341594896
>god of war is casual
Maybe the first one, but the last 25% of the second one is one of the biggest git gud barriers I've ever faced in an action game.
Never played the third.
The new one looks casual as fuck though
>>
>>341599767
>>people call GoW casual
>>when it's literally just a modern day beat em up game akin to double dragon

lol not really
>>
>>341594896
>gaming culture
>Deus ex is a masterpiece

Maybe we should distinguish the different gaming cultures that exist then. Because the major one ignores all about the original Deus Ex and sees Battlefield as the pinacle of vidya.
>>
>>341600991
Two attack buttons. Enemy waves. Endurance runs. Sometimes enemies drop health, if not tho, your fucked until you find a health pool. Sounds a lot like a beat em up to me friendo
>>
>>341594896
I just hate how some people interpret memes as absolute facts or to an extreme.

For example Dark Souls 2 is bad meme. Some people on here take it too far and say Dark Souls 2 is a terrible game, one of the worst games all of time.

Dark Souls 2 may have been inferior to Dark Souls 1 or even 3, but is absurd to claim the game itself is bad.
>>
We have discussed the objectivity on these for eons, son. You must be new here.
>>
>DMC2 isn't bad

Granted, I was enjoying the game despite its flaws up until that fucking chopper.
>>
>>341601175
Yeah I second this. It's my lowest rank Souls game, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. It's too similar to the other games for someone to like the other games but hate DS2 with a passion. Just sounds like bandwagon hopping, "hey guys do I fit in yet?"

If you hate DS2, it probably wasn't aimed at your tastes, and I can only assume the rest of the series wasn't either.
>>
>>341594896
God these thinskinned fucking faggots who think that multiple people telling them to get fucked is "being lynched" or "mobbed".

If you're such a limpdick that "you're scared to list examples" you really do not belong.
>>
>>341595347
Deus Ex is a game that is full of flaws (AI is pants-on-head retarded, like 3/4 of the augs are useless and there's no reason to upgrade several skills, later sections aren't as good as New York or Hong Kong), but the core game design is so good it's still GOAT.

It's also impressive how it actually pulls off the conspiracy plot, when you list the elements it's like Alex Jones vomited, but instead it comes off as a convincing sci-fi dystopia (except the super-expensive gas is pretty fucking cheap by those standards).
>>
>>341594896

These kinds of posts make it obvious a lot of people on /v/ have not explored a hobby/culture outside of internet and gaming culture.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.