[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games whose first hour or so tricked you into thinking they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Tales_of_Xillia_Cover.png (111 KB, 250x288) Image search: [Google]
Tales_of_Xillia_Cover.png
111 KB, 250x288
ITT: Games whose first hour or so tricked you into thinking they are fucking great and instead they turned out to be halfassed shit or mediocre at best.

Seriously, it all starts so cool. The city looked fucking great, graphics are nice and the first encounter with Milla was pretty cool. Then you set foot in that boring ass """overworld""" or how to call it and all turns to lazy shit
>>
File: Tales of Destiny.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Tales of Destiny.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
>>341592479
Friend from school gives me a psone disc from namco with some japanese demos of their upcoming games on it. On it was also a Tales of Destiny demo which i fucking loved. Then later get to play the full game and i was fucking disappointed.
All tales of games are overhyped and overrated by the worst kind of weeaboo faggots imo
>>
>>341592479
Welcome to modern tales games!

where everything will recycled for the next 10 years with no actual content or fun!
>>
>>341592984
Was Barbatos in destiny 1.
Also what was his problem?
>>
File: Chimeriad.jpg (510 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
Chimeriad.jpg
510 KB, 1200x849
>>341593084
Xillia was especially bad though. I know about that whole anniversary shit and stuff that was mainly the reason it got rushed, but still. I thought Xillia 2 would be what Xillia 1 should have been, but they even had the nerve to recycle recycled stuff from Xillia 1 for fucks sake. Graces and Zestiria both had their heavy flaws, but at the very least they didnt felt THAT unfinished and rushed. Doesnt help that the chimeriad was easily the best antagonist party. They easily could have been playable characters. Really liked them and Im pissed that they all were killed so hilariously bad and sudden.
>>
File: 3982038023958.jpg (53 KB, 540x413) Image search: [Google]
3982038023958.jpg
53 KB, 540x413
>>341593631
>anniversary shit
almost every game now is anniversary shit, it's always their selling point but it's retarded when they make their games half assed

>Zestiria didn't feel that unfinished
yeah it did
there is shit everywhere in this game of things either being left out, whether it'd be the story or game itself
I refuse to accept the bullshit argument of it'll be explained in dlc or in Berseria, that's not a good excuse for an incomplete game
>>
File: Tail Concerto.jpg (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Tail Concerto.jpg
116 KB, 600x600
>>341592984
Holy fuck does this story sound way to familiar i used to have a psone demo disc with pic related on it when i played the full game it ended up being so horrible
>>
>>341594417
Okay, after seeing that image I take back what I said about Zestiria. I played the modded steam version for almost 100 hours and still forgot most of the game. The grind required to get strong weapons was ridiculous. Same goes for the idea that stats mostly depend on your equipment. It was a neat idea on paper, but was terrible executed. Same goes for the battlesystem, it worked GREAT in Graces, I have no idea how the fuck they managed to ruin it so much in Zestiria. I absolutely loved Graces for the battlesystem alone and I hated it in Zestiria.

Its funny that hearts r was the last Tales game since Vesperia I genuinely enjoyed. Some parts of the DS game were worse in the Vita version, yeah, but overall it was a really good tales game.
>>
>>341592479
The secret to Xillia is to avoid early grinding. There are certain areas 100% dedicated to power leveling.
>>
>>341595571
Such as? I only remember the area in nia khera and that mine around judes hometown. Both are useless around lv 40 or so.
>>
>>341596889
I remember grinding quite a few levels in the maps before the canon thing. Sorry if I can't remember the name, I only played the jap version.
>>
>>341592479
Change "games" to modern anime and it would be all of them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.