[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons, can you recommend some good space games? Literally anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: distant_planet_3d-hd_wallpapers.jpg (583 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
distant_planet_3d-hd_wallpapers.jpg
583 KB, 1920x1080
Anons, can you recommend some good space games?

Literally anything will do. I'm able to put a few hours in Space Engine just exploring/observing.
>>
>>341592360
Kerbal space program
>>
Stellaris I guess, although it's not nearly as pretty as it should be. Still pretty fun, get it if you can find a copy under $30

The Mass Effect series is good as well.

>tfw I had a mini-dream last night where I was chilling on a grassy hill with my cousins and Jupiter was as close as the moon. All the details and colors were overwhelming
>>
File: bcbox.jpg (17 KB, 238x300) Image search: [Google]
bcbox.jpg
17 KB, 238x300
Battlecruiser 3000AD is the seminal classic of the space gaming genre. Created by 90's PC game development legend Derek Smart, Battlecruiser 3000AD continues to receive support and development from the fans up to present day!

I definitely recommend checking it out.

It's a true classic that stands the test of time.
>>
Star Control 2 is still the best scifi game ever made. The combat is a bit wonky but everything else is literally 10/10.
It's been rereleased as freeware called The Ur-Quan Masters, with an optional HD version. Get it if you haven't played it already.
>>
>>341592845
>Still pretty fun
No it's not.
The worst part about the Stellaris scam is that it's good for literally only one playthrough. It's a game with literally zero replayability.
>>
>>341593309
Literally tho? Like, literally?
>>
>>341592845
I'm actually jealous of how other people dream. Mine are just full of stress and anxiety, and most of the time I can't remember anything of it other than that I had a horrible time
>>
>>341594196
I've noticed that I only have vivid dreams when I go to sleep absolutely exhausted. Like I would have to get up early, have a productive day, then hit the gym for 2 hours right before bed. That's when the fun dreams happen.

Or just have a glass of milk before bed, I heard that works too
>>
File: greentea.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
greentea.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>341592845
>tfw had a dream within a dream where I was trapped on a rusty ice breaker and was going to be interrogated for a crime I didn't even commit
I wasn't really scared as much as I should have been because I was too busy laughing throughout the entire thing and the people involved told me to take it seriously because of the huge consequences involved. They even held a gun to my head and threatened me that if I didn't comply they would pull the trigger. I smiled, looked them right in the eyes andI told them to pull the trigger. They went through with it and I woke up. I was pretty disappointed desu.
>>
>>341594864
I've got to try that

>>341595203
Everything... alright?

Btw, this is now a dream thread
>>
>>341595431
I think so but that was the first time in a long while that a dream left me with a sense of morbid satisfaction and disappointment, I mean for all their tough talk about how bad it was going to be for me that couldn't once shut up my laughing for the entire duration of the dream. I was glad that they actually had the pulls to shoot me my only regret was that I actually woke up after it. Sucks really.
>>
File: dude mines lmao.jpg (69 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
dude mines lmao.jpg
69 KB, 1280x800
Pulsar
>>
>>341595721
MY FUCKING EYES
>>
>>341593309
>The worst part about the Stellaris scam is that it's good for literally only one playthrough. It's a game with literally zero replayability.
Is it really that shit? I was thinking of buying it soon for 50 dollydoos but if it has no replay value then I might just skip it and keep to playing Sins of the Solar Empire and MoO2.
>>
File: inside view.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
inside view.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>341595781
This is what it looked like from inside the ship
>>
>>341595837
wait for a few expansions and buy the "complete" version that will come in about a year
>>
>>341596019
>U_S_S__Ballsack_II

What happened to the first ship anon?
>>
>>341596359
When we warped into a solar system with hostiles we also warped into a minefield.
Unfortunately the mines were in the wrong place at the wrong time as I was piloting the ship and avoided enemy fire by slamming the USS Ballsack into mines
>>
File: MAdGCO7.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MAdGCO7.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
Elite Dangerous

It's still 60$ tho (if you want base game + horizons)
>>
File: sdf.jpg (20 KB, 600x497) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
20 KB, 600x497
>>341595837
i binged the game and dropped 30+ hrs into one play through. i got frustrated with the ai because they wouldn't attack the end game swarm crisis. i couldn't build a fleet large enough to destroy it on my own, and no naval capacity research options cards would appear. last patch fixed the retardo ai, so i am going to try and play again. i don't know why, but it feels like such a chore playing the game. that said, i think 50 dollarydoos is too much. get it on sale or wait for an expansion.
>>
Best space trader/mercenary game coming through.
If you're into quick and sweet shooty action Strike Suit Zero is pretty cool too.
>>
>>341592360
>tfw Rosch limit and real physics mean something like that pic isnt possible
>tfw space travel and colonization would be so much easier if planets and moons weren't fucking thousands to hundreds of thousands of kilometers apart
>tfw have a few ideas for games that only work if you ignore physics and Rosch limits
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.