[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>B-b-b-but Skyshit is im-m-mersive as f-fuck! :(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: TCrCo9F.png (2 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
TCrCo9F.png
2 MB, 1200x900
>B-b-b-but Skyshit is im-m-mersive as f-fuck! :(
>>
You know you don't HAVE to fast travel, right? You can take carts if you want. Goddamn these /v/ kids have literally no self control, they have to do EVERYTHING the most powerful and then complain when it's too powerful.

Like those threads we used to have about people complaining about Fallout 4 giving the player OP weapons and apparently none of them had the willpower to simply not use those weapons.

If you want it to be exactly like morrowind then download a mod that changes fast travel. Can't use mods on console? Then loop back around to willpower.
>>
>>341590287
>You can take carts if you want.

Yeah, and kids growing up with this game are certainly going to use the fucking carts, they don't know shit, they will never know shit. They will be used to this kind of nonsense and game devs can keep cramming out lazy and uninspired copies that mindless drones will keep buying because faggots like you are so apathetic.
>>
>>341590548
Who gives a shit about what literally anybody else does regarding a singleplayer RPG. If you love boringwind's design so much then why are you even playing skyrim or any elder scrolls after it.

You whine about uninspired copies but you're one of those people that won't be happy until the next elderscrolls is your favorite one just with updated graphics...
>>
>>341590000
Nobody ever said that OP.
Dumb stutterposter, what a waste of good quads.
>>
>>341590000
>You could bind yourself in a mage guild and go wherever you wanted from there in Morrowind... but lets totally not mention it
>>
>>341590548
I actually enjoy knowing that im ruining games for guys like you
>>
Morrowind was largely empty.

Skyrim is largely empty.

It's shit to begin with, so I'd rather fast travel over boring nothingness than walk it.
>>
I dont get why people bitch so much about fast travel. A travel system like Morrowind's is better, but it worked pretty good in Daggerfall
>>
File: Numidium.png (1 MB, 865x1320) Image search: [Google]
Numidium.png
1 MB, 865x1320
>caring about your shitty fake reality
>>
>>341590287
>If you don't like it don't use it!
>Just mod it!
>Willpower!

It's not simply a case of don't use it if you don't want to, it's that by implenting these features the developers also have the change the design of the game, perhaps for the worse, to implement them, and that doing so diminishes the experience we could have otherwise had if the developers were more focused on creating an immersive, interesting world than a convenient one.

Also, simply stating that he could mod the game does not invalidate criticism of said game, you fucking retard.
>>
>>341592124
You mean you could go to the other mage guilds.

At least TRY.
>>
When I played Morrowind I just crafted a 'fortify Acrobatics for 200 pts' and jumped from one side of the island to the other.

That game was fucking awesome.
>>
>>341590548
>Bethesda anticipated the whining of autists and added a fast travel system identical to silt striders
>They still whine about being given an optional choice
>>
>Immersion
>Getting on a ship
>Watching a loading screen
>Arriving instantly at another port

HOLY SHIT
IMMERSIVE
>>
I feel like people forget the spellcrafting that let you go where you wanted in like 4 seconds in Morrowind
>>
>>341593961
>Bethesda built a game around quest compasses and travelling to every fucking random barrow den as RNG infinite quests demand it
>Throw in token impractical travel system
Gee, thanks Papa Bethesda.
>>
>>341594198
Everyone remembers. It doesn't take much to satisfy on this matter which is why the Skyrim and Oblivion method is so frustratingly lame. All it takes is a tiny bit of effort to tie it into the world.
>>341594058
Sub 70 IQ niggers like this will never understand. Too far gone. Best to take out back and put out of their misery.
>>
>>341590548
>It's an "feature that makes the game easier is in the game so I have to use it and complain about it." episode
>>
>>341590287
>G toggles god mode
>It's in the game, it shows you the button in the tutorial
>"hey, but you don't have to use it"
>>
>>341594212
You can walk too ya know. Stop crying.
>>
My orders are to go to the town of Balmora in Vvardenfell district and report to a man named Caius Cosades. To find out where he lives, I should ask in Balmora at the cornerclub called South Wall. When I find Caius Cosades, I must give him a package of documents, and wait for further orders.

>must know which part of the world is vvardenfell
>must travel through that part of the world to find the town of balmora
>must search the town to find the corner club
>must speak to people inside the club to learn where to find caius
>must give him the item and wait for a response

Talk to Aventus Aretino.

>look at map/compass for quest marker
>fast travel to windhelm in ~15 seconds
>if you don't want to fast travel, walk in a straight line across an empty world until you get to the marker
>>
>>341595801
Talk to Caius Cosades.

>fast travel to balmora to avoid spending half an hour traveling
>sprint ten feet to the nifty quest marker on your compass
>talk to caius and complete the quest and level up
>pick health, magicka, or stamina
>hang self
>>
I played Skyrim without fast travel, I played it without markers. Everything about the game was designed with the thought that every player would use those features.
>>
>>341590000

>WOW THERE IS EASY MODE IN THE GAME? WHEN WILL THEY LEARN???? OH WELL I GUESS I WON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS ANYMORE

This is you right now
>>
File: Hide_Morrowind_Threads.png (457 KB, 1306x892) Image search: [Google]
Hide_Morrowind_Threads.png
457 KB, 1306x892
>>
>>341596398
This is something people fundamentally don't understand. Every single design choice is based around the understanding that the player will just walk to the marker. Quest entries are minimal, often a single sentence, and almost never contain any information relevant to the quest. And even if they did, it'd be pointless because you can't learn more by talking to people. You can't ask someone where a town is, for the notable people that live there. You look at the marker and maybe a guard will blurt out something ridiculously convenient and cause the quest to update with a more precise marker.
>>
File: 1415574515663.gif (835 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
1415574515663.gif
835 KB, 300x201
>>341592124
M8. Wot?

First off the spell is called Mark. Second off a Mage's guild can teleport to only 4 other Mage's guilds. Third off, that's a stupid fucking use for Mark and Recall. Mage's guild is just one of many forms of fast travel, and depending on where you are in the world, Almsivi or Divine intervention will get you in walking distance to several fast travel NPCs.

It's like you're a fucking retard or something.
>>
>thread so shit no one even noticed the quads
good job op
>>
>>341592386
>Morrowind was largely empty.
Do you have even a single fact to back that up?

You can't walk anywhere in Morrowind without being distracted by egg mines, caves, daedra shrines, dwemer ruins, random stranded NPCs who need help, etc.
>>
File: 20160616_053540-1-1.jpg (155 KB, 534x462) Image search: [Google]
20160616_053540-1-1.jpg
155 KB, 534x462
>>341590000
>he likes to waste time
>>
>>341596398
>"""""features"""""

and then there are people who use a "fast travel from anywhere" mod for Witcher 3, as if it wasn't easy enough to travel already
>>
>>341590287
Part of the problem is the fact that carts only take you to Hold Capitals. You'd have to walk a long distance no matter where you take one to. That's why I installed a mod that adds carts to smaller towns, larger mills, and the like, not to mention boats across rivers and lakes.

The problem is that Skyrim is built around Fast Travel, which is why there are so few cart routes. It's like how you can turn off quest markers, but you'd be up shit creek because the journal descriptions don't record nearly as many details as in Morrowind because it's built from the ground up for you to use quest markers. Hell, you can't even ask for direction from most people anymore.
>>
>>341592386
>Morrowind was largely empty.
Making assumptions based on modern games doesn't work. Fucking kill yourself, you dumb fuck.
>>
>wanting to immerse yourself
Don't be a dream boy, you know what we do to dream boys?
>>
Morrowind being a good game is a nostalgic meme
>>
>>341597376
>being this much a liar.

Yes, you fucking moron. Morrowind is largely empty, look at the damn game right now. You fanboys are disgusting.
>>
>>341590000
So dont teleport.
Meanwhile ill go ahead and not walk the same route 15 times.
>>
>>341592219
I've been enjoying the last decade so much for just this reason.

Knowing that my spending habits have this butterfly effect that eventually ruins some HARDCURR GAMURR's day honestly gives me a bit of a sexual kick. Some days it's enough to get me off.
>>
>>341599124
>I've been enjoying the last decade
0/10 bait
>>
>>341598596
>t. guy who installed morrowind for the first time two years ago and has forty eight minutes of playtime, most of which was spent trying to figure out old console command syntax
>>
>>341590000
Daggerfall has fast travel right from the get go. And yet noone shits on it.
I wonder why...
>>
>>341590287
Carts are useless without mark/recall/intervention spells. Why would I waste time using carts when I'm practically forced to use fast travel to loot dungeons?
>>
>>341600901

Because Morrowind fans never played it and never even read anything about it even if it said on the cover of Morrowind that it was the sequel to Daggerfall.
>>
>>341600901
Have you ever played Daggerfall you fucking moron
>>
>>341590000
You can only fast travel to places you've already been.

It's not immersive to hold sprint down the entire way from Solitude to Whiterun over and over just to run errands like buying/selling smithing and alchemy supplies.

The carts near stables take you to all hold capitals and there's also a ferry for the waterfront ones that are actually really useful for new characters so you have a location to fast travel to when given quests in the region.

You can chug skooma and sprint across the entire continent in Morrowind in a few seconds anyways which everyone did because fuck cliff racers and other useless garbage in the way
>>
>>341590000
and in oblivion its even worse you dont even have to visit a place to fast travel there.

nostagia fags wont talk about that though
>>
>>341590000
>Kids that grew up on skyrim will never be able to enjoy dragonĀ“s dogma
>>
>>341590000
>complaining about casualization in bethsoft rpgs
shits always been easy since the ai are borderline retarded and you can just jump on a rock and shoot them while healing
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.