[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pic related is on sale on PSN, decide to buy it >Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
>Pic related is on sale on PSN, decide to buy it
>Have only ever played Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3
>9 hours in
>Don't feel like I'm really enjoying myself
>It doesn't feel rewarding, it feels more like a fucking relief and a hope that I never have to fight certain enemies ever again
>Feels so fucking needlessly and unnecessarily slow and clunky
>Sure is fucking nice that your roll does fucking nothing except roll you into enemy attacks with no invincibility frames because fuck you
>It's also nice that my character feels the need to take a little break and relax every once in awhile and enjoy the sweet, refined taste of an Estus while simultaneously getting a giant fucking sword to the face and/or stomach
>Used to think >shockwaves were just a meme but now I see how fucking true they are
>Have had multiple times where I roll out of something only to still get hit by it, most notably would be The Last Giant and The Pursuer with his stupid fucking Curse sword
>>
>playing ds3 before ds1 and ds2
Just kys
>>
Is this bait?
>>
git gud
>>
git gud
>>
>>341589013
It's legit. There is a reason why DaS2 is considered the worst Soulsborne game
>>
>Used to think >shockwaves were just a meme but now I see how fucking true they are
It's pretty easy to tell legitimate complaints from shitposting, especially when they're so intense, feature lots of evidence and go into detail about why things are bad. You were warned, m8.
>>
File: scorpio1.gif (4 MB, 536x300) Image search: [Google]
scorpio1.gif
4 MB, 536x300
>>341588774
in that case WHAT SHOULD I BUY ON PSN SALE?????
>>
Level ADP or ATT
Get some Agility.

Otherwise yeah das2 is shit. Not that anyone wants to admit it.
Unlike other media were even the biggest plebs know how important the director is when it comes to video games and /v/ in particular we gamers don't really understand how games come from actual people and not from faceless studios
>>
>>341589281
>Level ADP or ATT
>Get some Agility.

this was a dumb mechanic. Tying I-Frames to a stat that on paper made it seem it was only good for dual wielding
>>
>>341589164
I'm trying to like the game, I really am, but there's just so much bullshit like that that it's making it really difficult.
>>
File: scorpiofixed.gif (3 MB, 536x300) Image search: [Google]
scorpiofixed.gif
3 MB, 536x300
>>341589235
>Using the old version of the gif
>>
The only things I didn't like about DaS2 were how tedious, boring and pointless some areas were (Aldia's keep and Dragon's shrine being the worst offenders), soul memory and how easy some of the bosses were (especially the final boss). Except for that I don't get everyone's complains. It's the same game as DaS1 and 3.
>>
>>341590836
>and 3
Except 3 improves upon almost every aspect of it and it's a watered down 1.
>>
>>341590130
What really killed this game is that Tanimura's team just decided to tweak mechanics without giving it any thought, mostly for PvP purposes. Even if the content was good, which it really wasn't, you'd still have a terrible framework. For example, much tighter and longer tracking broke roll as a defensive tool as the startup and recover frames are both considerably longer, just like every other action in the game. Then you also have those funky hitboxes that seem to happen randomly. Then the lack of delay while turning around that made running away and back much more effective than rolling. The bosses' awfully narrow attacks don't help either. It's a mess and most people can't quite explain it.
>>
>>341590950
DaS3 played way too safe by being almost the same game as 1, just shorter and far more lineal.
Meanwhile 2 introduced many new mechanics and had legit dangerous places.
The only thing 3 improved was the bosses.
>>
>>341591251
Which meant we are back to half of the stats like bleeding and poison being convoluted as hell, even more so when scaling is involved.
>>
>>341588774
ds2 was shield meta over rolling
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.