[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Persona 5 be able to fix the problem of social links and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: p4g_thumb.jpg (38 KB, 454x259) Image search: [Google]
p4g_thumb.jpg
38 KB, 454x259
Will Persona 5 be able to fix the problem of social links and romance not feeling at all relevant to anything other than the social link bonuses? In P3/P4 there was absolutely no interaction between social links and main story events, do you think atlus will change that or will it just be left as it is?
>>
>>341584290

>censored
>no PC version
>no PS3 version outside Japan
>no dual audio
>implying they'll fix anything

Japanese devs are still in the fucking SNES age man
>>
>>341584290
I don't think there should be.
Maxing out SLs for better persona fusion bonuses is a fun meta-game in itself. I wouldn't want to depend on the main story to get the best results. The summer/exam schedule change alone is enough of a nuisance.
>>
>>341586423

I didn't mean stat bonuses though I just meant it'd be nice if there were a lot of scenes in the main story that would change depending on your relationship with various characters
>>
>>341584290
>do you think atlus will change that

No
>>
The Cooperation mechanic they will introduce in P5 hopefully will resolve this to a certain extent. Instead of gainig points on some gauge, meeting with people and listening to their problems will have a direct impact on gameplay (discount in shops, new places to visit, maybe more).

The fox and Margaret Social Links in P4 were a step in the right direction, if every Cooperator in P5 is the same it will be interesting.
>>
>>341586540
The devs are just too lazy for that.
Japs especially can't seem to wrap their mind around the concept of a non-linear story.
>>
>>341585697
I agree, PC version would fucking solve anything.
>>
>>341586870
It'd also manage to somehow run like a pile of shit at first because Japs can't into PC.
>>
>>341586870

Nah I don't think a PC version would solve anything but a PS3 version would am I right my xbro???
>>
>>341586753
>The devs are just too lazy for that.
>Japs especially can't seem to wrap their mind around the concept of a non-linear story.

>Saying this about the studio who made Catherine, Nocturne and Devil Survivor Overclocked
>>
File: 1465820667086.jpg (48 KB, 711x685) Image search: [Google]
1465820667086.jpg
48 KB, 711x685
I don't mind social links, but the fact you could fuck all girls and none of them minding that you're fucking them all at once was very strange to me .
>>
>>341587014
>pick-an-ending non-linearity
>decided entirely through a literal quiz, not in-game actions or decisions
Wow, bravo, Atlus.
>>
File: 1465997812848.png (184 KB, 424x536) Image search: [Google]
1465997812848.png
184 KB, 424x536
PC always fix stuff
They should release it on PC

Its a goldmine come on!
>>
>>341587014

>including catherine on that list

Catherine is literally the perfect example if inconsequential decisions. Nothing changes except the ending depending on how many approval points you racked up for the love interests and how you answer the ending questions
>>
>>341587182
This is different from western rpgs how?
>>
>>341587487
Never said that. I said that even these attempts at non-linearity are much more rare among japanese developers.
>>
Why would you change something that ain't broke?

One thing's for sure: Rise, Naoto and Chie and even little shy music room girl are excellent, lovable girls. Yukiko not included.
>>
File: mitsuru senpai.png (322 KB, 600x743) Image search: [Google]
mitsuru senpai.png
322 KB, 600x743
>>341587082
This.
I'd also like to be able to chose who I romance and still be able to finish the social links with all of the other romance options.
I wish i could have remained pure for Mitsuru-san and still completed P3.
>>
>>341587642
As in 'just be friends' with all the other females.
>>
>>341587642
The fuck are you talking about? I'm pretty sure you could max out SLs without going the romance route. Stop thinking with your dick.
Also they did implement multi-waifu protection in Golden, didn't they?
>>
>>341587747
I hope they do that too in P5, but only if you fuck up. Meaning, you can cheat but you also have a way to not get caught.
>>
>>341584290
I think it will be fixed. Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden had small steps. Spoilers I believe Shinjiro falls into a coma instead of dying if you fuck him as FeMC in Portable, and in Golden Marie's S-link adds a new dungeon and Adachi's S-link slightly alters storyline dialogue. Baby steps, but it leads me to think that they're moving towards integrating S-link progress with storyline progress (like dialogue/events being slightly different depending on your S-link level with characters, obviously leading up to different endings).

>>341587082
Did you only play Golden? In the original versions of 3 and 4 the other girls can absolutely find out if you two-time on them and it breaks the S-link if you're not maxed.

>>341587642
P3 original is the only game to have that problem of forced romance. FeMC in 3 Portable and 4 both let you choose whether to romance or friend-zone each romancable opposite sex S-link.
>>
>>341587747
Research before you shit post.
>>341589727
Ok good. I've only just finished P3 and I'm about to play P4 on PS2 before P5 launches. Anything I need to know about P4?
>>
>>341585697
>will not be able to play the game because muh mustard
>uses the golden face
Is he retarded ?
>>
>>341586983
https://www.amazon.com/Persona-5-PlayStation-3-Standard/dp/B01GKHJP4I
>>
>>341592049
If you happen to trigger the bad ending, don't be retarded like me and overwrite your save.
Also get the fuck out of here before you get spoiled.
>>
>>341585697

Not even Amerikaahns? I was hoping to import if from there.
>>
>>341592610
Wow I didnt realize how similar the cover is to P4's
>>
>>341592049
P4 Golden is the best version of P4 but it's only on Vita. Uh, in P4 they slightly changed how the turns work (if you use a ma-spell and at least one enemy is weak, then you get a one more anyway), there's only one physical damage type, you can directly control party members, you can get the bad ending very easily by not choosing the right answers but don't save over your slot you can just reload and try different answers (it's like single-scene differences). Also you don't go to story dungeon at date, you have to finish the dungeon in your own time before the date. I recommend finishing it early as you can, except for the christmas dungeon which will skip the rest of the month when you finish it so leave that one later but not the last day because then you'll miss christmas I think. Each romance S-link usually has specific dialogue flags for enabling romance or not. They are mostly really obvious ("Please be my girlfriend" vs "I'm happy we're such great friends", or "hug them" vs "don't hug them", or "I did it because I love you" vs "I did it because you're my friend"), but one S-link is tricky and I think Naoto has two flags that have to be raised to romance.
>>
>>341585697
>censored
T I N F O I L
I
N
F
O
I
L

>no PC version
Your pic related

>>341592610

>no dual audio
Sucks, I do agree
>>
>>341592691
So at what point should I save to a new slot then? Like are these dialogue choices literally the last thing you do or should I create a backup save at the beginning of the last month?
>>341593885
Yeah I know P4 Golden is better but I didn't want to buy a Vita for one game.
>>
They wont do it

its too complex. The most you will get is extra scene on special day or extra dialogue during some story event
>>
Fever Time > Social Links

I love dancing with Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko and Nanako.
>>
>>341594626
>So at what point should I save to a new slot then? Like are these dialogue choices literally the last thing you do or should I create a backup save at the beginning of the last month?
You should be rotating your saves like in all video games. I save in a different slot each time so I can roll back. You shouldn't need to roll back too far, the dialogue choices are literally the last thing you do and if you get the bad end it just goes straight to bad end, credits roll, save NG+ data (don't, reload save and try different dialogue choices).

It works like this. The game is mostly linear up until a certain dramatic point where it either ends or continues, then another point where it ends or continues, then finally you can get a neutral ending now or stay a bit and you do something that continues to get the true ending. You should be able to tell, the bad ends are all "you leave and everyone is disappointed that things weren't totally resolved" to different degrees.

That said, Golden actually adds a lot of storyline and gameplay content. I would've advocated buying a Vita TV for it but the whole Vita line is dead so I can't recommend it. You could youtube the bits you missed or watch the Golden anime that covers the new content if you care.
>>
>>341595318
Ok thanks, I guess I'll just save in a new slot each time.
I'll probably just YouTube the extra content, I heard the anime wasn't very good and doesn't capture the mechanics of the game properly.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.