[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: wtf.jpg (30 KB, 612x337) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
30 KB, 612x337
What the fuck went wrong?
>>
>>341575458
Being an MMO.
>>
Kingsmouth awesome, Egypt shit.
>>
>>341575458

Too "humorous" and too much dressing like a mongoloid because it's cool.

Based on the lore and the art style you'd think the game would try to take itself a little more seriously than it does.

Wildstar tried to be funny too and we see how that went.
>>
>>341575603

I mean some of the clothing and stuff yeah they did but if you want to be super serious about how you operate you can. I mean majority of the people that constantly play are pretty hardcore lorefags.

I think they had a lot of great ideas but the game is missing intuitive things and relies a lot on people trying to figure shit out.

People are lazy. the multiplayer aspects of the game were badly designed..and its an mmo. If it was just a single player game it would have worked a lot better. Same problem Swtor had trying to straddle hybrid design elements and failing.
>>
>>341575501
This, but I'm still glad it exists. The worldbuilding and atmosphere are fucking 10/10.

The combat isn't much, but I actually like it.

I also liked Egypt and don't get the hate for it.
>>
It was a singleplayer MMO. Perhaps the most singleplayer MMO ever devised.
>>
File: 1438731641638.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1438731641638.png
79 KB, 291x343
>>341575458
Combat was absolute shit.
>>
>>341575458
The fighting is really fucking shit. It's not very responsive and feels clunky. Even the icons look like shit.

I still got 200 hours out of it because it was fun in it's own way but I'm never reinstalling. Tried that before and couldn't bear it anymore.
>>
>>341575793
>I mean majority of the people that constantly play are pretty hardcore lorefags.
Not in my experience. That being said it's been almost 2 years since I played last so maybe the community had some shift.

>I think they had a lot of great ideas but the game is missing intuitive things and relies a lot on people trying to figure shit out.
While I see your point, I agree that the quest system became a little cumbersome after a while. Sometimes you play an MMO to shut down, chat with friends and grind. Not to solve mind-puzzles.
>>
>>341575603
Illuminati I take it?
>>
>>341575856
Is it still fairly active?
Last time I played it was a few years ago, and I couldn't run it well, but I'll install that right now if people are still playing.
I really just want to explore the world.
>>
>>341575946

Nah, Templar Master Race.
>>
>SHIT COMBAT

>SHIT GRAPHICS

>SHIT OPTIMIZATION EVERYONE PLAYED WITH 10 FPS
>>
>>341575967
It's still getting updates and shit last I saw, but I haven't played in almost a year due to lack of time.
>>
>>341575879
Ultimately this.
>>
>>341575967

It still gets updated. In my experience the community's pretty garbage though.
>>
>>341575458
should have been a single player game with online co-op
would have made a way bigger impact to the industry
>>
>>341575967
Glad to see me making of the thread gave someone something to do tonight lmao cheers
>>
>>341576165
I agree.
Instanced with public hubs instead of full blown MMO and this could've been a legitimately great game.

As is it's one of the biggest missed opportunities in recent memory.
>>
File: 1347836157456.gif (423 KB, 747x400) Image search: [Google]
1347836157456.gif
423 KB, 747x400
>>341576030
>>341576154
Sounds good.
I can deal with a shitty community, I played FFXIV for a little over a year, can't be worse than that.

>>341576190
Glad I stumbled in, I was so hype for this game when it was first announced. I remember seeing a thread about it on /x/ forever ago, was not expecting it to be a video game.
First game I ever preordered from Gamestop, though I eventually ended up canceling it, and bought it a few years later on Steam.
>>
>>341576575
Do yourself a favour and don't use guides for the Investigations.
>>
>>341576575
There are some pretty helpful chat channels iirc

>>341576676
Fuck that morse code one though
>>
>>341575458
Geargrind at large and especially AEGIS. Nevertheless i had a lot of fun with it, no regrets in buying all the issues either. It is still the best story, lore, plot presentation and voice acting in MMO.

Gameplay also at least tried to be unique, it is clunky and not really that thought out, but i give TSW point for doing something different
>>
i bought this game on steam, installed it, played it a bit and uninstalled it.

now i've reinstalled and can't log in.

fuck this login online faggot bullshit fuck niggers
>>
>>341575458
Tokyo happen.
The game lost a huge part of his spooky feeling and the AEGIS system is meh. Also scenario are shit and they keep increasing the grind.
>>
Naming the Asian(which has many more secret societies than Europe) faction Dragon.

Real fucking original.
>>
>>341577021
>It is still the best story, lore, plot presentation and voice acting in MMO.
You gonna pick that bar up off the ground or what anon?
>>
Top tier atmosphere, Kingsmouth is easily the best area in the game.
The grind is what made me stop playing.
>>
>>341577423
Tokyo wasn't that bad, apart from AEGIS, i liked a lot of story quests there. And it was still spooky, just different kind of.
>>
>>341578071
I guess I find haunted house, creepy nursey spookier than high teck Tokyo.
Still like the quest giver, just the mission that weren't that good imho.
The parking lot with the kids was nice.
>>
>>341575458
Started by having subscription fee, first of all
>>
It should have been a single player game, investigation quests are really fun, everything else is pretty crappy
>>
File: 1437151604462.jpg (16 KB, 494x458) Image search: [Google]
1437151604462.jpg
16 KB, 494x458
>mfw the Black House
>mfw The Nursery
>>
>>341577423
>AEGIS
The instant I tried to fight some filth dudes in Tokyo, I just dropped the whole thing and went back to do quests in other areas.
>We're making Nightmare Dungeons with AEGIS embedded to them! ;^)
Fuck that
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.