[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: Based.png (144 KB, 451x451) Image search: [Google]
Based.png
144 KB, 451x451
Thoughts?
>>
What about Vaati? Just another pissant youtuber that grew a fanbase out of tards who need shit spoonfed to them.
>>
File: nah.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nah.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
>>341573245
used to be good
got popular
began to pander to his dumbfuck retarded fanbase too much
began to unsubtly shill too much
therefore turned shit
>>
>>341573245
Have to turn up video speed to 1.25 because he has to talk slow for his autistic fanboys.
>>
>>341573245
Shameful plagiarist
>>
A /dsg/ fag who ripped lore and ideas straight from the collective effort of anons, then went on to make videos showing his "findings".

Was widely accepted and praised by /dsg/, until he went full shill on DS2 and betrayed the very anons that made him popular.

Now instead of /dsg/, he relies on Reddit for exposure and ad revenue, but still browses /dsg/ for "inspiration" for his videos.
>>
>>341573245
Kellogg was a lot better. Shame she's quite ill now, so she doesn't really put out anything anymore.
>>
>>341573245
Everytime he gets called out for his shilling and plagiarism, someone subscribes to him
>>
i always thought his nose was his mouth until one day i looked closer
>>
SOULS
GAME
>>
>Name and icon of zelda character
>Only videos explaining Dark Souls lore
>>
I don't get how people have strong feelings about a dude who makes fan videos about a game with undefined lore. That is such an innocuous thing to care so deeply about.
>>
Theorycrafting Lord of Headcanon and Archduke of Talking Slow.
Also Fuccboi of V-Necks and another motherfucker making bank off of Patreon.
>>
>>341573245
his videos are neat
>>
>>341573776
Well it's been widely accepted that Dark souls is an evolution of zelda.
>>
>>341573790
I think people on 4chan, Reddit, fan forums etc. who don't like him, largely dislike on the basis of how liberal he is with running off with their theories and presenting them as his own. Just like MGS fans and that Asian manlet with the annoying voice they all make fun of.
>>
File: photo.jpg (58 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
58 KB, 900x900
>actually got Yuria to appear in Firelink
>doesn't want to kill Orbeck even though he's going for a pyro build now

Why?
>>
>>341573245

I swear the first video on his page was one of Snake telling tripfags not to use tripcodes, but it's not there anymore.
He used to try and show off his power level on his channel.
>>
>>341573790
You don't get it because you aren't part of the community. You're just another observer of the end product Vaati built through stealing, bribes, and general shittery.
>>
Do you know where his patreon money goes?

Into the thumbnails, I'm not even kidding, he spends 100s of dollars per video on commissioning artwork for thumbnails on his videos. He proudly explained in one of his DaS3 "hidden secrets" videos explaining that lore stuff couldn't uploaded yet bevause the art he commissioned wasn't ready.

How are his donators ok with this? Not only are they paying for something that adds practically nothing to what they actually want, AND it's causing massive delays in getting the videos.
>>
>>341573626
Who?
>>
dont mind his vids, but several of his lorevids contain factual faults and so much headcanon I don't see the point in watching them. Even after ripping off every blog and forum on the internet he still manages to get it wrong.
>>
>>341574113
>He stole our ideas and made money off of them!
Big deal. He read some forum posts and then put those posts in a video. You don't have legal rights to your guesses at Dark Souls' story.
>>
>>341574225
Quelaag, that really nice, kinda mousy chick with the glasses who was one of the first people on YT to make Souls lore videos. She used to do silly drawings to accompany them, from memory.
>>
>>341574392
>that really nice, kinda mousy chick with the glasses
Don't let your dick make decisions for you. If she was a guy I guarantee you wouldn't care about anything she had said or made.
>>
>>341573943
could at least upload a single legend of zelda video, or something else besides dark souls
>>
Autistic faggot Jew.
>>
>>341574497
No, she was actually quite well-read and researched, had some quite interesting theories and wasn't particularly attractive.
>>
>>341574587

pretty much this
>>
>>341573790

>undefined lore

what

just because its not obvious doesnt really make it ambiguous.
>>
>>341573245
I might watch him if I still cared about Soulsborne games.
>>
That's not a video game.

Remember to do your part and report e-celeb shit. Get these underage Redditors off this board.
>>
>>341574385

I dont think people are thinking about justice here, just that he's a general asshat who doesn't deserve praise nor money.
>>
>>341574646
The fact that there is so much theorycrafting and so much of it holds at least some water means that it is undefined. There is a loose skeleton of a history to the world of Dark Souls, but a lot of interactions and motivations are left wide open to interpretation.
>>
Pretty nice guy and nice video quality.

He surely doesn't deserve the money he's getting since he's uploading videos extremly slow and lowered his quality alot since he started getting money.
But unlike most people here I don't mind it and still enjoy some of his stuff.
>>
>>341574748

I dont know about that, anon. Most theories do not hold water at all, but lorefags like their headcanon and present it with as much strawman proof as they can muster, and none of the counterpoof. All the theories must seem very convincing if you don't do any critical thinking of your own.

Just take a look at Paleblood Hunt. Riddled with headcanon, but at least the author has the decency to disclaim it as such before he starts ranting.
>>
>>341574973
>my headcanon > headcanons that don't match up with mine
okay
>>
>>341573245
It's a nice rendition of Vaati.
>>
>>341573245
Much better than that pretentious neogaf hack ENB who censors his chat like the SJW cuck he is.
>>
>>341575042

I dont have any headcanon at all. I just read a lot of the theorycrafting and spend way too much of my free time doing my own research. I only hold certain conclusions, and they're not my own, just the common consensus of logic and community works. Seriously, if you doubt the amount of shit that lorefags create based on their own wishful thinking, just have a look for yourself.
>>
>>341574121
fools will be fools
>>
>>341574121
how dare he supporting amazing artists and not just putting tits and other random shit into a mess as thumbnail!
>>
File: 1328154496057.jpg (21 KB, 324x246) Image search: [Google]
1328154496057.jpg
21 KB, 324x246
>>341574121
What else would it go into?

People are paying somebody to play videogames and talk about them. Like what the fuck exactly is the money supposed to go into?
>>
>ok guys for real I'll dedicate a whole series to this game
>stops making videos consistently after a month

EVERY
FUCKING
GAME

Fuck this manlet like from Australia.

>>341573626
I liked her drawings. What happened to her?
>>
>>341574113
>bribes
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>341576037
She's battled clinical depression on and off for years, so I think she doesn't really feel up to making videogame videos much of the time (Though she streams on Twitch sometimes, she played through Nioh during the alpha demo and loved it), but there were rumours going around ago a while ago that she has cancer ;_;.
>>
>>341574973
>strawman
that doesn't mean what you think it does
>>
>>341573245
I like his videos, and I don't really give much of a shit where he sources his info from
>>
>>341576259
Oh no ;_;
>>
>>341573462
yeah he's up to like 20% good content 80% shilling

Not worth watching anymore
>>
>>341574034
You don't have to kill him, just find his body in the archives after buying all the spells.

I always buy everything in case I ever want to change my build for whatever reason so he ends up dying anyway.
>>
>>341574606
come on anon, don't pretend you didn't want to cuddle her whenever she said she was sick or depressed.
>>
I prefer Jerk Sans Frontieres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHraNq--JL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNNczeUHYvE
>>
>>341573245
Souls is done, wonder how long he can ride the wave of autism dollars his fans pay him.
>>
File: the_little_things_in_yharnam.gif (559 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
the_little_things_in_yharnam.gif
559 KB, 500x375
>>341578640
>he doesn't prefer redgrave
>>
>>341573245
That his interpretations of the lore become the dominate interpretation ruins the lore. It's supposed to be so ambiguous that multiple interpretations are valid.
>>
Good quality videos.

He discovered a lot of stuff and is one of the most important people in the Souls community.

I'm a patreon and give him 50 bucks every video.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.