[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will this meme die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
When will this meme die?
>>
Will be replaced with 69,99€ in a few years.
>>
>>341570539
It's a weird tradition because everybody rounds up the price anyway. £9.99 is still £10. £799 is still £800.

Maybe it's to keep small change in circulation. If most everything was sold in rounded numbers, people wouldn't have have much use for 1, 2 and 5 penny coins.
>>
>>341570539
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pricing
>>
>theory
>theory
>theory
>>
File: 2016-06-16 15_46_44-Origin.png (328 KB, 992x497) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-16 15_46_44-Origin.png
328 KB, 992x497
>>
>>341570830
>EU existing in a few years
Nah.
>>
>>341570539
When the EU is dissolved.
>>
>>341571656
"It was only 100 bucks dude."
>>
>>341571076
It's to trick people into thinking it's cheaper than it is.

Most people have conditioned themselves to get around it, but it'll still happen sometimes.

Even shit like houses and cars are sold like this.
>>
>>341571076
You fucking moron, it's because "15.99" SOUNDS like less than 16.00. That's the whole reason things are priced like that.
>>
>>341571758
Never did to me.
>>
>>341571076
>Maybe it's to keep small change in circulation. If most everything was sold in rounded numbers, people wouldn't have have much use for 1, 2 and 5 penny coins.
Actually, the reason is psychological pricing.
We read from left to right, so 4.99€ will always feel cheaper than 5.00€ because(also thanks to the decimals) you see the 4 first, and give it more importance than the .99, and this also applies to higer prices where decimals are mostly not involved, such as 499 vs 500, because even without decimals, we still value the hundreds more than tens and units, not just numerically but also psychologically.
Also, the 99 ending always makes you feel like something is on discount or on sale, hence better priced than a rounded priced product.
Yes, it's silly, sounds dumb, and it actually is because in practice that cent/dollar doesnt really matter, but it does indeed affect alot the way you inconciously decide on what to buy.
>>
>>341571804
Read >>341571854
Yes, to you, just like to anyone else, it doesnt sounds less, it sounds the same, and it basically is, but what your rational mind perceive, elaborate, and judge, are not immediately rational.
You may not see it as less, but your inconcious self does, a lot, it's been like that for over a century.

It always amazes me how people are so convinced they have 100% control over how they think and reason, when in reality most of our mental paths are all but rational, controllable, and most importantly, reasonable.
>>
>>341570830
console full retail price is 69,99€, with uncharted 4 recently hitting 74,99€
>>
>>341571730
This.

Someone was asking if Mankind Divided was always 50 bucks because he apparently saw it listed as 40.

Price was always 49.99.
>>
>250 zł
Consider of my country averange salaty this price for video game is a crime
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.