[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STANDING HERE Somewhat new gameplay footage if you haven�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 3080792-nierautomata-8.jpg (80 KB, 1229x691) Image search: [Google]
3080792-nierautomata-8.jpg
80 KB, 1229x691
STANDING HERE

Somewhat new gameplay footage if you haven't seen it
And Taro is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU33pD8f8bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOZolnYEvwU
>>
Game looks great, at least one Platinum game doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>341565546
Hopefully Kamiya can salvage Scalebound.
>>
>>341565958

He's had like 3 years now and it still looks beyond terrible.

I've got 0 hopes for it.
>>
>>341565958
It has gotten worse since the last footage they showed
I doubt it.
>>
>>341565310
So this is basically a sequel to Metal Gear Rising
>>
>>341566310
So do we blame Microsoft
>>
>>341566204
>>341566310
To give the man at least a little credit, the new footage followed a player that was doing FUCK ALL to help bring down the boss. One of the co-op buddies was doing Giga Drill Breakers on his dragon. If that's a regular part of gameplay, you can sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>341566310
I feel like Microsoft really fucked with the development.
>>
>>341566564
>>341566709
Just admit Kamiya is a hack you fags.
>>
PC when
>>
File: australia posting.png (53 KB, 392x305) Image search: [Google]
australia posting.png
53 KB, 392x305
I've never played Nier before, but have listened to the soundtrack. From what you've seen in the trailers, is there much backstory that I should know? Or is it enough to know it's machines are evil and just jump in when this releases?
>>
>>341566370

It's got very similar combat but it's also got a bunch of RPG elements like stat building and gear. It's also got open ended levels.
>>
>>341566883
This takes place thousands of years after Nier.
You could hop in just fine with this, but Nier is pretty good
>>
File: Capture.png (1 MB, 1273x718) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 MB, 1273x718
>tfw I'll never get to chill on the couch with Taro and play vidya
>>
>>341566204

we haven't really seen much

the bossfight literally picked up where the gamescom footage left off

they really need to show a bigger breadth of gameplay, kamiya said this was an action rpg after all. There needs to be more stuff about the mechanics/towns/leveling/whatever before I can make a decision.
>>
>>341566883
Like another anon has said, Automata takes place thousands of years after the events of Nier. Though that isn't to say that you should skip it. Gamplay gets repetitive after a while, but its strong points are its soundtrack, character interactions, setting & atmosphere.

At risk of sounding like a complete millenial faggot, just watch a longplay of the game. It's definitely worth it.
>>
So was the whole replicant/gestalt issue from Nier solved? Does the fact that people still exist mean that the gestalt's got their bodies back?
>>
>>341567889
I heard there were people living on the moon that were not affected by the salt AIDS.

I don't think the issue with the replicants was ever fixed, as every replicant basically grew its own personality and when a replicant and gestalt rejoined it became two people living in one body, driving the person mad.
>>
>>341565310
Don't mind me, just posting best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o
>>
Why do all of squares b-tier and c-tier games look more fun than FFXV
>>
>>341570551
because they're games and not QTE cinematic experiences aimed at fujoshits
>>
File: taronosepick.gif (499 KB, 169x271) Image search: [Google]
taronosepick.gif
499 KB, 169x271
>>341565310
>hear the parts where Taro is talking
>his voice is really muffled
>mfw realizing that's because he has mask on again
the madman
>>
>>341572489
He's just chillin on the couch with everyone anon
>>341567289
>>
>>341565310
does that chick have balls?!
>>
>>341565310
uh, is there a reason why the weapons are floating midair like 10 feet off their back?
>>
>>341574201
Yes those rings around the weapons are keeping them there
>>
>>341574201
Yes. It's a deliberate design decision.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.