[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Adventure_Island_2_box_art.jpg (21 KB, 240x330) Image search: [Google]
Adventure_Island_2_box_art.jpg
21 KB, 240x330
Admit it /v/, you can't beat older games without savestatescumming.
>>
8 year old me can
>>
Unlike most of /v/, I played NES games when the NES was still getting new games.

I don't need save states to beat old games, and you don't either.
>>
The limitations at the time and the longevity of the game were dependent on the game being hard as fuck to actually beat. Being completely unfair at times.

Now a days games are easy as fuck and only last 4 hours. What happened.
>>
>>341558163
>Being completely unfair at times.

Good games weren't like that. OP's pic is a fine game and if you lose at it it's your own fault.
>>
>>341558163
the Jews

games were very different when big money wasn't involved
>>
File: 1443836610763.png (196 KB, 398x384) Image search: [Google]
1443836610763.png
196 KB, 398x384
>>341557785
I save state nowadays. It's a little dissapointing, but as an adult to lose even 30 minutes of progress is kinda a big setback. As a child ofc we all had to deal w/o them.
>>
>>341557785
pretty easily if I have the urge, I'm trash compared to the real speed runners though, makes me feel like a simpleton.

I tried adventure island but it's easily the most boring 'hard' game I've ever played. At least ninja gaiden had cool shit going down and ghosts and goblins had great graphics and setting, adventure island is just a dumb straight line with obstacles thrown in randomly.
>>
File: adventure_island_4_11.png (34 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
adventure_island_4_11.png
34 KB, 512x448
>>341558869

Adventure Island is completely different from both NG and GnG in terms of physics and game design. It has a lot more platforming than the other two (but in turn, less tricky enemies, it's more platforming than action).

Have you played all the Adventure Island games or just the first one? AI 1 is nice but very simple, it's basically the original arcade Wonder Boy.

I think the sequels are much better, but the first game is still mandatory.
>>
>>341557785
Ice Island is best island.
>>
>>341559219
pretty sure it was two, and the levels are just boring, no sense of setting or intelligent design.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.