[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Nioh trailer and beta coming in august https://www.yout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
File: nioh_wp_android_e.jpg (483 KB, 1440x1280) Image search: [Google]
nioh_wp_android_e.jpg
483 KB, 1440x1280
New Nioh trailer and beta coming in august

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8U0sAjzWXs

Anyone else up to try it?
>>
Nah, lost interest after beating the boat boss. It's either going to be casualized garbage or an unpolished mess like the demo.
>>
The alpha was so nice I kind of don't want to play the beta. Afraid of them showing off too much, playing the beta over four times like I did the alpha, and losing interest in the actual game.
>>
File: E3-Guardian-buffalo-1.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
E3-Guardian-buffalo-1.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>>341544430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU

And just to put any remaining speculation to bed, the game's director, Fumihiko Yasuda, confirmed today that NOTHING from Kurosawa's Oni script made it through to the final version, with the exception of the main character being a blond samurai.
>>
>>341546895
Has he explained why the "blond samurai" is grey haired and definitely not Geralt
>>
>>341544430
Nope, alpha was fucking great but after all the nips cried that it was too hard Team Ninja took out all the stuff that made it good.
>>
This>>341544639
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0_D0nykqk
>>
File: 1335853443850.jpg (1 MB, 3883x2741) Image search: [Google]
1335853443850.jpg
1 MB, 3883x2741
>>341547454
>Team Ninja took out all the stuff that made it good

Oh? Like what? I didn't get a chance to play the demo, but I watched a bunch of gameplay vids. I got tired of watching idiots not understand how a spear works
>>
>>341547360

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond#platinum_blond
>>
>>341548814
They just had a list of the most popular things that scrubs whined about and that they'd be "addressing" some of them. If you wanna be ultra-pessimistic, it looks like the stamina management is gonna be reworked entirely and that durability will be removed outright.
>>
I>>341548814>>341548814
Not him, but they got rid of durability for one. Because people complained about it too much. I personally didn't mind it. Made you constantly switch your stuff out.
>>
>>341544430
Fuck yeah I am. It looks to be my Japanese mythological wet dream.
>>
>>341549132

Constantly switching your shit out with one of the 100 swords that drop all the time was just annoying and unsatisfying.

All they needed to do was reduce the amount of item drops and decrease the rate of degradation.
>>
>>341549108
>durability will be removed outright.
durability was stupid as shit
>>
File: 1433178104695.jpg (283 KB, 800x403) Image search: [Google]
1433178104695.jpg
283 KB, 800x403
>>341549132
>>341549108

Seems like a good way to waste the mechanic of keeping a multitude of different weapons.

It really doesn't matter though. Most gameplay vids I saw, people hated using swords, couldn't use a spear, and just shit all over the game with the Axe
>>
>>341549108
>>341549132
Durability was a shit system as it was. Even as someone who had practically full inventory and always had whetstones and glue it was more annoyance than anything. Stat progression was more than enough incentive to change your weapon and durability was un needed.
>>
>>341548814
Durability was a pointless thing. It degraded slowly enough that it didn't make a difference in combat, so it just ended up being a pointless bit of busywork where you sharpen your weapon and fix your armor with the copious amounts of whetsones/glue that drop for you.

Getting rid of it did nothing to the game's difficulty, only got rid of a pointless mechanic.
>>
>>341544430
As long as they don't remove or dumb down the Ki mechanic and the game remains challenging but not impossible, I'll stay interested. Be nice if they change that one fuzzy input, the quarter-circle one (I can't remember what it was exactly). Also their main character doesn't stand out, the minute I started playing my brother was asking me if The Witcher 3 had an 'In NIPPON!' expansion now.

The 'gamer mode' made the game way significantly more fun to control compared to the cinema mode, I hope they're able to maintain the frames but still wedge some nicer effects in. Or at least continue to have the two options available.

>>341549108
>>341549132
I thought it had a decent flow with items breaking and the need to pick up new stuff faster if you were messing up a lot. Not a complete deal breaker but it wasn't a bad mechanic if they had just adjusted the item drop/break rate some.

I should just grow a neckbeard and start complaining about casuals.
>>
>>341544639
>>341549108
Fuck you guys, I'm still gonna be optimistic about it. The first demo was so much god damn fun.
>>
File: william.jpg (9 KB, 272x163) Image search: [Google]
william.jpg
9 KB, 272x163
Gomenasai, my name is Will-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!
>>
>>341546895
>hat NOTHING from Kurosawa's Oni script made it through to the final version
wow
whats the point then
>>
>>341549623
Swords are god tier and the most fun to use.
Axes are just better all around for dealing with multiple enemies and dealing boss damage.
>>
>>341549958
Spears were objectively the best weapon in the game dog.
Did you play the alpha?
>>
>>341546895
That's a shame

>>341549932
>whats the point then
A fun videogame. Jesus.
>>
>>341546895
>nothing from oni made it through
Fuck
Hope the combat stays good at least
>>
>>341549932
tbqh family, I'd rather the game be like it is now and have an original story than have the Kurosawa script in the Mosou/SRPG game we were originally going to get. Who knows, maybe the Oni script might appear in some other capacity someday?

>>341549958
Spears were great fun too when you get a grasp on how to work them properly. Especially those crazy pole vaulting moves. I can't wait to try the twinblades shown off in the E3 trailer.
>>
>>341549484
I completely agree. But for me I really do like getting shit tons of loot and looking at it and looking at all the numbers and shit. Gave it that arpg feel. Bu, I guess it can't be helped. I wonder what the blacksmith is gonna do now that there isn't going to be weapon degradation.
>>
No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this nigga>>341544639
No, I am a Conqueror
>>
>>341550237
Because it was literally advertised as to have a god director's script, this was it's major selling point. Now it's just nippon darksouls ft ninja gaiden. Theres not much to change with the gameplay, so it's focus would have been story and now it doesn't have that.
>>
>>341550372
Love this pasta, but what do you guys think/hope the mark is gonna be? I kinda hoped that only conquerors get to play the beta. That would really help finalize the actual game in my opinion if they do another poll. I'm also kinda hoping it's a theme. I've really been wanting a new theme for my ps4
>>
>>341544430
my goty
>>
>>341549923
GOOD LUCK WILL SAN
>>
>>341550626
>Because it was literally advertised as to have a god director's script
Years ago. Nobody gives a fuck anymore.
>this was it's major selling point.
No, it wasn't.
>this was it's major selling point.
That's all it ever was in the current incarnation. It was only Kurosawa a decade ago.
>>
>>341550653
Most people are just thinking that it'll be a unique equipment set or a spoecial Kodama or something.

I'd personally really like something silly, like the panda suit in Onimusha.
>>
>>341544430
Is that Momiji?
>>
>>341550851
Most likely. Something silly would be fun though.
>>
>>341546895
No point in buying anymore
>>
>>341549108
Stamina management was fun once you got the hang of it, but until you did it felt like a fucking mess.
>>
>>341550851
>>341550653
The only things I'd be okay with are unique Kodamas or a special icon next to my name in multiplayer.

Anything else isn't good enough. Gear gets outclassed. An icon or a kodama is prestigious forever.
>>
>>341551012
yea. ryu hayabusa also confirmed to be in it.
>>
>>341550820
>Nobody gives a fuck anymore.
t. i didn't care therefore noone cares

Do you not know how famous and renowned Akira Kurosawa is? Thats like advertising a game is using a script by Stanley Kubrick only to drop it pre-release
>>
>>341546895
Also he outright said that Nioh doesn't really have any overt sexuality present.

>“We do have beautiful female characters in this game,” said Yasuda. “This game is it’s own world, though. We wanted to set it apart rather than rehash the same thing over and over. Taking each game as its own individual world is important. Over-emphasizing the sexual aspect wasn’t good for this game.”
>>
File: m0011[1].jpg (526 KB, 1098x1600) Image search: [Google]
m0011[1].jpg
526 KB, 1098x1600
>>
>>341552203
>i didn't care therefore noone cares
The game has been through development hell and was never confirmed as a direct adaptation of the material.

>Do you not know how famous and renowned Akira Kurosawa is?
No, I'm well aware, I'm just not an idiot who's into a game more for the plot than the gameplay.
> Thats like advertising a game is using a script by Stanley Kubrick only to drop it pre-release
They didn't say the game was adapted from his script 1-1 anon. Not ever. It was only a basic guide they were using for inspiration in some ways. I don't think they were even terribly talkative about the Kurosawa angle last year when the current incarnation was revealed.
>>
>>341552442
>gameplay and story are inversely related
>You can't have good gameplay and good story
You don't really believe this do you?
His name is literally shown after the koei tecmo logo in game.
>>
>>341552203
While I would disagree with him in saying no one cares (I'm personally a bit bummed out by it), he does have a point in that the writing's clearly been on the wall ever since the game was re-revealed at TGS last year. The last time Kurosawa was officially mentioned in regards to Nioh (Or "Ni-Oh", as it was then) was 2007; pre-today, they have hadn't mentioned Kurosawa or the Oni script even once in regards to the current incarnation, as opposed to Oni/Ni-Oh, where they were making a big deal out of it for marketing purposes.

>>341552442
>It was only a basic guide they were using for inspiration in some ways
Not entirely true, it was to be based on a largely-finished script that his son had completed after his death, with Kou Shibusawa helping him tidy a little bit to make it more videogame-y.
>>
>>341552649
>You don't really believe this do you?
No, because I didn't say that. I said I don't give a fuck about the story if the gameplay is good. Kurosawa I can take or leave. What I want is the gameplay I spent 20 hours on in the Alpha Test.
>His name is literally shown after the koei tecmo logo in game.
Unless they advertise and namedrop him during the release material, I really don't care and you shouldn't either.
>>
File: Wirriam.jpg (3 MB, 816x7170) Image search: [Google]
Wirriam.jpg
3 MB, 816x7170
>>341552346
Any word or not whether or not the manga's getting a translation at some point?
>>
>>341553535
Its not. I've been waiting for a fan translation so I can dump it on /v/ one of these days.
>>
>>341554225
That's a shame. What exactly is the manga, anyway? Is it an original story or a prequel to the events of the game?
>>
>>341552346
Will the game be filled with William speaking English and awkward gaijin Japanese? Because that would be awesome.
>>
>>341554995
Having only a single, bilingual audio track would actually be really fucking neat.
>>
File: William.jpg (879 KB, 2894x4093) Image search: [Google]
William.jpg
879 KB, 2894x4093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHyLCgpDTLA
>>
post nioh webms please
>>
File: Yooooo.webm (3 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
Yooooo.webm
3 MB, 406x720
>>341557707
>>
File: Screenshot_20160616-002707.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160616-002707.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>Tanegashima
TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY
>>
I'm curious can you actually play NIOH on E3?
>>
>>341558303
Nah, KT had a stream and a handful of personnel (Including Fumihiko Yasuda) are doing some interviews there, but that's it.
>>
>>341549932
It was the selling point once, but after ten years and with completely different game styles is to be expected that they dropped the Kurosawa pitch.
>>
>>341558559
was the stream the same gameplay as the Alpha?
>>
I wonder whats up with the Irish(?) in this trailer
>>
>>341558720
Nah, sorry, I should rephrase that; they had a stream on their YouTube channel which was basically just a few trailers with some commentary strung together. Only Nioh stuff shown was the E3 trailer.
>>
>>341558842
Ah, i see, i understand it now.

Thanks for the answer m8.
>>
>>341544430
That gameplay looks fucking atrocious, why would anyone be excited for this shit?
>>
File: Hanzo.jpg (627 KB, 2894x4093) Image search: [Google]
Hanzo.jpg
627 KB, 2894x4093
Ryū ga waga teki wo kurau!
>>
>>341558189
YES!
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.