[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you be happy if more games used the Fox Engine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 725x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 725x817
Would you be happy if more games used the Fox Engine?
>>
>>341540541
I wouldn't care because I wouldn't buy it anyway out if principle. At least not brand new
>>
B is obviously the fox engine
>>
>>341540541
Id be happy if no games were ever made again.
>>
>>341542226
What principle
>>
>>341542615
They cancelled silent hills and forced Kojimbo to make more MGS resulting in the worst 2 of the series. That plus all the fucking Pachinko and phone games. Plus they're milking yugioh to death but I left that scene a long time ago.
>>
>>341540541
B is fox engine
First picture on A has natural wall segments, 2nd picture has impurities in the ceiling lights, 3rd pictures lighting by the peacewalker picture
>>
>>341540541
Well unless they actually have reflective wall paint, the one on the left is the digitally created one since the ceiling lights' bulbs are reflected on the walls.
Also, the third image has no light coming from the ceiling light against the wall at the far end.
>>
Whats the status of FOX engine, who owns it now, any games that will use it?

Will Death Stranding use FOX or does Konami still own that and are never going to release it?
>>
>>341544563
Konami, they will use it for their pachinko games.
>>
>>341544613
Its not fair
>>
>>341544694
Considering how little they will use it in light of how much time and money went into development I'd say the jokes on them.
>>
>>341545096
Sure thats wasted money for Konami but it also means we wont ever see an AAA or AA game with that engine again, and its sad cause its a pretty good looking and running engine

Creators are deprived of a possible source of new creativity, all because Konami management are fucking retards

I hope the Pachinko industry goes belly up, Konami are fucked and bankrupt and forced to sell off their assets, and Kojima Productions swoops up FOX Engine for less than it cost to develop it

Oh sweet justice that would be
>>
No. You use an engine that suits the game your developing.

When will the "hurr durr use unreal 4" meme die.
>>
>>341544563
PES is the only current game that uses it
Konami ill keep using the engine for Pachinko trailers and cut scenes
That's about it
>>
>>341540541
B has very obvious temporal aliasing
>>
>>341545372
>Pachinko industry goes belly up
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1394611777221.gif (2 MB, 410x231) Image search: [Google]
1394611777221.gif
2 MB, 410x231
>>341545503
>When will the "hurr durr use unreal 4" meme die.

When will this "when will this meme die" meme die, faggot?
>>
>>341545654
A MAN CAN DREAM
>>
I'm glad that we can finally move past walking simulators to room simulators. Just imagine the sheer amount of resources that developers spend to recreate the most realistic rooms imaginable.
>>
>>341540541
Who gives a fuck now that Kojima no longer even has access TO HIS OWN FUCKING ENGINE.
>>
It's B. Aliasing, shading, lighting in general, and the extremely flat chair models/textures make it easy to see.
>>
File: kyle_sad.gif (34 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
kyle_sad.gif
34 KB, 192x224
>>341540541
I'd be happy if Konami released the Fox Engine and people could mod MGS V to fix all of it's flaws. I'll have to keep dreaming, I suppose.
>>
>can tell it's B even in a shitty sized thumbnail
This would fool no one at 1080p
>>
kinda gay how right now most humans and shit in video games look like wet clay models
>>
>>341540541
side A is the real one. B has no reflection on the posters and the shadows are too well defined given the lighting in the room.
>>
>>341543993
Nigga, B is full of jaggies. Are you blind?
>>
>>341540541
I feel bad for this man.
>>
>>341545720
Nigga, Gambling is illegal in japan and that is the whole reason Pachinko makes money, because its legally an arcade game
Once gambling goes legal, pachinko dies out
However Konami is one of the biggest companies in japan lobbying for legalization of gambling, if it goes legal, they will just jump into it and make money out of gambling
>>
>>341545649

How can it be temporal if it's a still shot?
>>
>>341540541
>pre-rendered bullshots for selling an engine to idiots
>it still has jaggies
>it still has bad lighting
>it's only even mildly difficult to tell the difference between the two sets because there are a grand total of 6 colors

Honestly i'm a fan of kojima but this is just fucking dumb, and their engine isn't as good as they say.
>>
>>341546668
I really hate whats become of KONAMI
>>
>>341546668
>Once gambling goes legal, pachinko dies out
Completely false, and you're a dipshit for thinking that.

They'll just make pachinkos that give money as well as shitty token prizes, as well as the ones that give out those shitty toys and candies.

>>341546815
They were about the money from the beginning mate.
>>
>>341545676
It won't as long as shitty memes won't die
>>
>>341546608
He looks like a young Mark Hamill and Sebastian Stan.
>>
>>341546608
What happens to him?

Did he join Kojipro or is he stuck at Konami?
>>
>>341540541
The shadows cast by the chairs gives it away.
>>
>>341540541
No have you ever seen pes? For way shadows whenever the stadium lights are on is retarded
>>
>>341547182
>>341540541
Just seems such a waste.

Metal gear solid five's rather ridiculous budget went mainly into the making the engine.

I honestly think Konami weren't fully in the wrong with Kojima with how it was haemorrhaging money but it figured that it least want to make use of the investment. There's a difference between for in the baby out with the bathwater and rip in the fucking bath out.

>>341546774
It doesn't compare to Criss or anything but it gets godlike performance from last gen hardware.

That probably doesn't need much to /v/ master race but that's a huge market.
>>
>>341540541
Left is real, right is not. You can even do the same quality with engine like UE, cryengine, idtech, or even unity or dunia.

Quality of the game, is another matter.
>>
>>341546668
Lets look beyond this mini gaming world of ours. Japan's demographic of ages between young and old is widening so fast that the old is getting more and more.

In japan, pachinko is for the old, mostly at least. And like more country in Asia, businesses is own by district mob bosses and state politicians.
>>
>>341540541
B, easy. Also who cares, an engine doesn't make a fucking game good. It's who makes it with what, and for how long.
>>
>>341540541
B.
Shadows from the chairs are only drawing from one source and ignoring the light behind them.
Lights on the roof are too dull.
>>
>>341540541
B is FOX ENGINE.
>First row: B's posters don't have reflections. A, the original, have its posters in frames; B doesn't. Also, B has no shadows
>B's table got warped and jaggy shape. No shadows where there are supposed to be shadows
>B's red chairs don't have the rounded and smoothed shape (rather flat), and jaggy
>B's monitor doesn't have reflections
>B's lighting is unusual that there's nothing that warps the lighting a bit and it's too diffused onto the wall. Also, the light source on B doesn't have that glow that you'd see in real lighting. And some surfaces aren't showing light bouncing off it. You don't need glossy paint to make something reflective--you just need it to be very smooth and lack a nearby light source that will diffuse (even counter) the reflection

>Second row: have some of the same problem with the first row, and some new ones
>Posters are supposed to be framed, but are not; and they're lacking reflections
>Table is warped and jaggy. Lacks shadow in appropriate places
>Chairs are not rounded. Jaggies detected
>Light sources aren't glowing
>Lighting too diffused. Lighting inconsistencies where despite light being diffused and a light source near the rears of the chairs, there is a shadow casted by the light source form the left--it should've been snuffed by the light source overhead

>Third row: same with the other two, and some new ones
>Posters are wrong
>Red chairs are wrong
>Black chairs are like the red chairs
>Monitor doesn't have reflection
>Lighting is all wrong. No reflections on key places. No visible glow from certain light sources. Incorrect lighting on top of the monitor. Wrong shadow casted behind the middle row of chairs (red ones). Lighting overall too diffused
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 536x274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 536x274
>>341545372
It is sad to see it not wasted but like >>341545676 is there really any issue with everyone just use it unreal 4 for the time being was saying? licensing issues aside.

I mean can't developers get better results just trying to polish the current 'standard' rather than just make new engines for negligible results?
>>
>>341547751
Someone came in here about a year and a half ago claiming that Bandai was buying the MGS license for the FOX Engine.

They also claimed that they refused to buy the licenses for all of Konami's games, like Konami intended.

Kojima had his falling out, and Julien went to work for Bandai...
>>
File: max settings.jpg (771 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
max settings.jpg
771 KB, 1920x1080
Hopefully none. This looks like pure fucking garbage
>>
>>341552468
It looks good and had good vehicle combat, movement and physics

My dream of a Battlefield style game with FOX Engine licensed to a developer, to de-throne DICE is gone now.
>>
>>341546815
Was there a change of leadership during MGS2 and beyond?

Sounds like someone/some people got butthurt with all the coded messages MGS games were sending, so it's possible that the leadership were "convinced" (or taken over) to get rid of Kojingles and essentially cull their vidya division.

I know it sounds like a plot that Kojimmy would've wrote, but it makes you wonder what really happened.
>>
>>341552734
I like your thinking but it's more likely Mobile and gambling just gives them higher profits.

Games were just a business venture, i'm not in the usual balancing the books sense. They don't really care. At all.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.