[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chances of Summer Lesson going out of Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14
File: summer-lesson1.jpg (70 KB, 555x302) Image search: [Google]
summer-lesson1.jpg
70 KB, 555x302
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/15/summer-lesson-producer-chances-localizing-psvr-title-outside-japan/

>He continued, “Also when you think about the current game situation and the climate in different countries where you have to have characters from every different race or nationality, someone else would say ‘mine is not included,’ which is the climate we currently see with games. Since there are people who can’t set aside the game and the actual problems in society, I don’t want open that can of worms.”
I'm not sure if this was already posted, if so, I'm sorry, but I found it intriguing enough to share. I didn't care much about this whole SJW before, but now, I'm kinda angry.
>>
>>341537183
Wasnt this just a tech demo?
>>
>>341537694
Literally who the duck cares? I need this game
>>
>he STILL doesn't know Japanese
After literal decades of amazing games never leaving Japan, you only have yourself to blame at this point.
>>
File: 1420593036317.jpg (342 KB, 960x855) Image search: [Google]
1420593036317.jpg
342 KB, 960x855
>>341537183
You didn't put the second part which was Japan wanted the game so Harada was like ok let's do it.

Of course Japan wanted the babes. Unlike faggot America.
>>
>>341537353
Eh, "you're" cute, but not as cute as that girl.
>>
>>341537353
You're a little wider
>>
>>341537183
>I didn't care much about this whole SJW before
And that's precisely why things have gotten to this point.
>>
I don't know why people are hype for this, it's going to be some incredibly basic 'press a button to pick what to do' kind of thing that probably lasts like 2 hours and has nothing interesting in it
>>
>>341537183
>English speaking girl is impossible to understand without English translation
Please explain why this needs a localization to ruin the voice and script.
Just import it.
>>
>>341538186
Giving them attention is literally where the whole issue came from, same with /pol/, same with ponyfags, same with furries, same with the vast majority of shit online cultures who aggressively 'defend' themselves

They are and should be treated like a retarded minority because that's exactly what they are
>>
Harada is a wise man.
He knows to pick his battles and that starting a fight with SJW murrica would put him as a target of the bullies.
Also that something as simple as releasing a game featuring a singular female character that is "sexualized" in any way is essentially picking that fight.
>>
>>341538250
And she's not going to fuck you. I don't need to buy a video game to have cute girls around me who don't fuck me.
>>
>falseflagging this hard
Goobergators gtfo my board!
>>
>>341537353
You don't look like her or Heather Mason, stop posting
>>
>tfw you thought games become more diverse was a good thing
>tfw you thought that there would be MORE types of games
>tfw all the games SJWs make are boring and/or pretentious/preachy
>tfw we're getting less games or censored games because Japan is fucking terrified of negative backlash
>tfw when previous beloved franchises are crumbling

Not like this...not like this.
>>
>>341537353
well I think you're CUTE!!
>>
>>341538529
That's patently false. Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.
>>
>>341537183
Just do an Asian Eng release and call it a day.
>>
>October 13, 2016 release date in Japan
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
Are video games finally dying?
>>
>>341537183

>Since there are people who can’t set aside the game and the actual problems in society

Quietly firing shots over here.
>>
>>341538951
I think the point isnt that ignoring them makes them go away, but that attacking them gives them a stronger sense of community and empowers them as well as giving them more outside attention
>>
>>341538951
The main reason why Anita got famous and various other famous SJWs are purely because they played off the backlash of retards sperging out at them to make themselves look like a victim and make themselves into a big deal. That is literally what happened.

Anita was making a shitty youtube series. It was literally nothing. If people had just let her make her shitty series (that she probably wouldn't have actually made anyway) without giving her shit tons of publicity as a tragic victim of sexist virgins no one would even know who she is.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 540x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 540x706
I could give a shit about this game, but what I do care about is this kinda crap scaring off Japanese devs. I don't want the late 80s-90s era of heavily edited or not released Japanese games again, yet we seem to be on that path.
>>
>>341539321
>>341539359
Did you forget how ZQ attacked herself on wizardchan then got her journo mafia to spam articles about it? This shit would've happened sooner or later without anyone's input. Wouldn't even be surprised if Anita fueled her own fire as well.
>>
Telling us what we already know
>>
Hold on this is a game about "teaching Japanese" to a western girl... aren't you guys going to have problem playing it?
>>
>>341539869
SQ was well after this shit had blown up out of control, so was wizardchan in general I'm pretty sure but that's an aside

Again, these people only did this shit because they had turned themselves into victims against a perceived menace that was attacking 'them'. If they just got treated like any retarded minority group and just get told to fuck off whenever they push their shit but otherwise not actively sought out and attacked on their own turf, nothing would have happened.

If you want a second example of this, look at Gamergate, think it did more harm than good? It obviously did, and for exactly the same reasons.
>>
>>341540251
There's also a Japanese girl
>>
>>341540251
There is a Japanese girl and a Western girl (I believe she's Finnish but I might be wrong)
>>
>>341539359
It's not hard for her to do that when she can just make shit up or say "people harassed me" and it's taken at face value by her supporters, or when literally the entirety of tech/entertainment journalism is made up of beta nu-males who support her unconditionally. I still think you guys put way too much emphasis on /v/ and other sources being responsible for her popularity; sure it contributed but McIntosh is an expert con-man with a lot of contacts and he can spin anything in his favor.
>>
>>341540273
Let's look at a social justice movement that didn't face harsh opposition since its conception then:

>BLM
>nobody says anything because they don't want to look racist
>proceeds to gather so much power that they're throwing university principals out and taking over their schools
So how much ignoring would it have taken to prevent this? These people are professional victims and time after time it's been proven that they fake their own harassment to further gain more power. The west is too cucked to collectively shut these clowns down so they will always rise up regardless of what a fucking anonymous anime imageboard does. The question is do people let them continue uncontested until it becomes the norm or do you push back even though it'll fan the flames.
>>
>>341537183
FUCK THE TEKKEN DEVS MAKE THE BEST GIRLS
>>
>>341537183
she looks like qt anime Kurt Cobain
>>
>>341540251
By that logic, the west would get the Japanese girl one, teaching her english and shit.
>>
>>341538529

More developers need to politely but firmly tell them no. Artistic integrity needs to be reestablished.
>>
>>341540538
>>341540768
Just imagine the game where you teach "4chan version of English" to a pure Japanese girl... it's going to be worst than worst than ebonic.
>>
>>341540768
>There is a Japanese girl and a Western girl (I believe she's Finnish but I might be wrong)

So, two Asian girls.
>>
File: 1448535113379.png (536 KB, 945x718) Image search: [Google]
1448535113379.png
536 KB, 945x718
>They still haven't released a full version of the trailer song

Please Harada.
>>
>>341541093

Kurt was moe.
>>
>>341541093
She certainly blew my mind
>>
>game about teaching you how to play guitar
>you're being taught an actual skill, by a non-privileged asian woman
>sjw WILL attack this because the woman isn't 500 pound tub of lard with a pink trigglypuff haircut docked aboard a rascal scooter

SJW are literally more insufferable cunts that 90s soccer moms were. These are the cunts raised by those christfag shrews.

ironically that nowadays I consider Christ Reviewer to be one of the only trustworthy reviewers, since he can separate his bias into a separate category and judges other aspects of the game using explained metrics instead of "MUH FEELS"
>>
>>341543406
I thought it was about teaching you/her English/Japanese and that the guitar bit was just there to make for a comfy scene
>>
File: 1419110551999.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1419110551999.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
>>341538613
feelsbadman
>>
>>341538951
Ignore it and it grows slowly
Pay attention to it in the only way 4chan knows how to, and it grows quickly
Your choice
>>
>>341542193
YOU WILL RUE THESE WORDS THE DAY THE FINNISH EMPIRE COMES FOR YOU

PERKELE
>>
>>341544918
The faster it grows the quicker it'll be for people to see it as a problem. Slow subversion is worse because it normalizes the situation.
>>
>>341542238
We miss our own friends
in the sea of thought like a maze.
No praise or blame,
yet we're sometimes trapped in a daze.
In countless blisters,
walking on the maple floor
we've got to go through before.
The despair shuts the door.

I sing my song like everlasting notes.
When I feel that I'm lost,
I just keep my eyes closed.
Gone by the breeze,
I find that I'm on my feet.
Here I am to live my time.
Here I am to forge my mind.
>>
File: SummerLesson.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
SummerLesson.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1620
>this hasn't been posted yet

wew lads
>>
>>341545318
>The faster it grows the quicker it'll be for people to see it as a problem.
Not sure it's turning out like that. It's growing quickly, but the type of backlash it's creating does not seem to be the type that's actually effective at fighting it.
>>
File: SummerLesson.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SummerLesson.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>no webm of her ITT either
God damn people, what are you DOING? This is no way to make a summer lesson thread
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
Smells like yet another clickbait fuel for Nichegamer.
>>
>>341537183
I remember when this was showed at e3 last year,the threads were wonderful.
We would transition from waifus to the societal effects of android women
>>
>>341546986
That's because video game journalism is a stupid topic nobody really cares about. If you want to see a relevant example of social justice pushback then refer to the success of the Trump presidential campaign.
>>
>>341537353
Don't lie to me, your tits aren't that big
>>
this game made me sad because an inferior male like me will never experience something like this.

I try so hard to keep telling myself that things would never work and that I wasn't meant to know love in my lifetime but when I see things like this it still hurts.

I'm spitefully hoping this game crashes and burns
>>
>>341547189
Who's this semen demon, anon? I had seen posts before but could you please tell me what it is all about
>>
File: it's not anime.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
it's not anime.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
>>341547430
didn't they do something with the wall-street fiasco a few years back and fail?

>>341548051
Don't worry brother,we will soon see the day where our consciousnesses will be able to travel to the other side and experience the summer of eternity.
>>
File: SummerLesson2.jpg (670 KB, 1365x1620) Image search: [Google]
SummerLesson2.jpg
670 KB, 1365x1620
>>341548251
>name of the game literally on OP's subject line, in BOLD

Anon... send some of that erect dick blood back up to your brain for 2 seconds.
>>
File: 1448855216089.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448855216089.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>>341547189
>tfw you will never smell your waifu's perfect neck
>>
>>341539517
This, we missed on good games due to possible religious outrage. It would be a shame it happened again with "sexism"
>>
File: the cancer....it hurts.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
the cancer....it hurts.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>341548476
>>341546968
these threads were fucking amazing WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK? WHY DID IT COME TO THIS?
>>
File: PSVR da good life.jpg (246 KB, 1500x819) Image search: [Google]
PSVR da good life.jpg
246 KB, 1500x819
>>341548251
>>341548634

Can't wait for October bros.

I'll meet you guys there.
>>
>>341548640
well you know what they say,history repeats itself.
Maybe we just have to wait for it to loop back around.
>>
>>341548051
I feel the same way, except for the last part. Things like these make me feel worse because I'll just die a bitter loner
>>
>>341548850
all good things must come to an end anon

>>341548051
I know that feel
despite knowing that I'm a failure and any relationship I miraculously stumble into would fall apart in weeks if not days, I'm crushing hard on my boss at work. It's been several months and it's not going away, every time she comes down to take over an empty shift when I'm around (because we've been understaffed as fuck lately) I operate at half-efficiency because I feel my stomach is full of bugs and my brain is floating.
>>
File: Ahegao in class.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Ahegao in class.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>341548051
>an inferior male like me will never experience something like this

Here's a glimpse at how it feels like IRL. Hope this helps your situation.
>>
>>341549646

That face gets real scary real quick
>>
>>341549646
2d does not translate into 3d
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.