[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love God of War. I'm aware of its flaws, because it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 51K3DNEZN8L.jpg (55 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
51K3DNEZN8L.jpg
55 KB, 353x500
I love God of War.
I'm aware of its flaws, because it has many.
But it was a fantastic game, one that many people dismiss as AAA bullshit.
Sony whored the series, but at least, regardless of taking what should have been a standalone story of a madman seeking to lose his nightmares, the gameplay proper was either kept good or improved upon.
2 was good but fanfiction tier.
3 was good but fantiction tier.
The PSP titles were a nice addition but worse than the main series.
Ascension was very pretty to look at, something I didn't believe could be on the Loadingstation3, but was by far the worst. Still a serviceable.
For as much as it pains me to see the franchise whored again, I can stand horrible stories, even TLoU ripoffs, but they went and did what should have never been done.
They've changed the game proper.
I love DMC.
I loved DmC; I saw and see the potential on the mechanics, and can respect it as it kept the many idea of the OG system.
This is too much. I just wanted the series to be left alone, and, if anything, to be respected and giving us a proper brawler.
I know many of you just think it's a button-mashing fest, but for those of us who actually cared about taking the game to its limits, this change is too much to stomach. I wish them luck on their developement, but I feel this game is going to be Uncharted meets a bastardized Kratos.
I pay my respects to God of War.

F
>>
>>341530783

I disagree completely. This is exactly the direction of have liked to see for Kratos following GoWIII. In some ways, I'd rather have had them do a new character altogether but I'm really happy with the changes.
>>
should i go for the HD collections on the ps3?
>>
>>341531201

Yup, they're great. Just be aware that the PSP titles are digital codes.
>>
>>341531596
Not in EU.
GoW HD Collection Vol 2 is physical in EU.
>>
File: 1419559105806.jpg (138 KB, 454x540) Image search: [Google]
1419559105806.jpg
138 KB, 454x540
>>341531596
thanks anon
>PSP titles are digital codes.
oh well, since they are psp game they shouldn't be that heavy
>>
>>341532079

Oh, that's cool.

Still, worth it either way. They're straightforward upscales but they're done well.
>>
>>341532548
They are actually remastered properly for PS3 and went from PSP tier to PS2 tier.
Also play the series in chronological order for best experience.

Chains of Olympus -> GoW1 -> Ghost of Sparta -> 2 -> 3 -> Ascension

Ascension is chronologically before Chains actually but expects you to know the ending of 3 and spoils it, also uses same engine as 3 so play it last.
>>
>>341532843
They bumped texture resolution considerably for them actually and Kratos' model in Chains got replaced by the updated GoW2 model, same as GoW1. Ghost of Sparta always used the GoW2 model.
>>
GoW1>>>>> GoW2>>>>>Shit>>>>>>GoW3
>>
>>341533540
2 was better in every way compared to 1, same with 3 being better than 1
>>
File: 1464913126300.jpg (65 KB, 540x1119) Image search: [Google]
1464913126300.jpg
65 KB, 540x1119
>>341530783
>>
>>341530783
I liked GoW too, but I am fine with the new direction. We got 4 proper console games and 2 handheld games. The gameplay mechanics, the setting, all that shit was done.

If you just put it in a new setting, you are now fighting Not-A-Cyclops and Not-A-Random Soldier.
>>
File: 1460900621104.gif (952 KB, 230x181) Image search: [Google]
1460900621104.gif
952 KB, 230x181
>>341530783
I wanted to go back and replay god of war but the first games' combat system is absolute fucking garbage.
The only thing that kept me playing for as long as I did was the story.
Made it to challenge of poseidon. But the fights against the cerberuses was such fucking bullshit that I quit the game.
Then I got back to dmc and it was such fun, everything was just right. It felt so much better and it made me play through 1-3.

Can anyone tell me if gow2 or 3 are better gameplaywise?

Oh and gow4 looked ass gameplaywise. Didn't even look like there was a combat system other than spamming one button.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.