[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Trying to discuss Soulsborne lore >Anywhere >Ever It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: sware.jpg (62 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
sware.jpg
62 KB, 625x415
>Trying to discuss Soulsborne lore
>Anywhere
>Ever
It's fucking futile. Between all the illiterates, teenagers and actual legitimate morons, it's fucking hopeless trying to discuss Souls or Bloodborne lore. I fucking hate it.
>>
>>341497336
>wanting to discuss Souls lore at all

There's your problem.
>>
File: Dark Souls lore.jpg (148 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls lore.jpg
148 KB, 500x750
>>
>>341497552
There's legitimate discussion and investigation to be had. When people discover new details and clues, it's always really interesting. It took the community a month to figure out that Sulyvahn was an Archive Scholar to begin with.
>>
>>341497637
Fucking this.
>>
>>341497637
>Newfag attempts Souls lore

Would be a better name. Only idiots end up with nonsense like that. Most good Souls lore is stuff like:

>He wears this armor
>We know this armor was used by magic assassins
>Therefore, this guy is probably an assassin
>>
>actually wanting to wax philosophical in a public setting
>the topic is video games
also
>playing souls for the lore
you're a pretentious jackass and you have nobody to blame but yourself
>>
>>341499479
>playing souls for the lore
Nobody plays Souls for the lore. Are you implying I can't play it because it's fun and then also discuss lore?
>>
>>341497336
All of the lore is in the item descriptions. How the fuck does that work?
>>
>>341497552
try some lorefags YouTube comment section or something. Like that pig guy everyone rags on
>>
>>341501302
The descriptions usually telly ou a little about the item and then include a story about the item or the owner of the item that helps to build a larger world

>A ceremonial sword, held in Pontiff Sulyvahn's right hand, representing the Profaned Flame. Long ago, when Sulyvahn was yet a young sorcerer, he discovered the Profaned Capital and an unfading flame below a distant tundra of Irithyll, and a burning ambition took root within him.

See?
>>
>>341501302
connecting the dots.
>>
>>341501302
In Demon's Souls it kinda makes sense because your character might already have had knowledge of Boletaria or maybe you could have possibly lived there at one point, but afterwards your character somehow knows history and backstories to items he's probably never seen before just by picking it up it's never really explained.
>>
>>341497552
This. Just watch Vaati or someone, they already have channels regurgitating everything everyone says on 4chan and plebbit anyway. This is what they get paid to do so may as well use it.
>>
>>341501976
>just get spoonfed by idiots
You're the exact reason I made this thread anon. You think you can get a good grasp of the lore by watching morons regurgitate stuff. You can't. You have to play the game, read the items and engage your reading and literacy skills to figure out what they're trying to convey.
>>
>>341502162
It's been done already, i played the souls games at launch/earlier and platinum'd 1 and 2. Haven't played 3 yet. Bloodborne isn't souls. Are you going to investigate Lords of the Fallen as well?
>>
>>341502329
>Bloodborne isn't souls
Look. I'm not your typical Sony shitposter here, but let's drop the mental gymnastics. Bloodborne is Souls. It's even got fucking Patches and the MLGS and weapons with letter grade scaling ranks for various stats.

I know not being able to play it is bothersome, but don't lie to yourself and others.
>>
>>341501302
A bunch of people make a bunch of retarded fan theories up and hope youtubers pick them up as official canon.
No, I am not making this up. This is actually exactly how Souls lore works.
>>
>>341497336
>Calling it soulsborne
Faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 500x667
>>341502651
nobody cares gaylord

the games are fun but the narrative isn't profound, your perspective isn't interesting and your attitude is even worse

shut your mouth and keep all that deadend speculative bullshit to yourself. in other words, take the hint figuratively for once
>>
>>341502927
>what the in game descriptions say.
>Retarded fan theories
Though people do love to make retarded leaps of logic.
>>
>>341497336
ok
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.