[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this be a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Will this be a good game?
>>
Not until they make it more co-op friendly
>>
Nah not really, no.

I mean what do you know about other than flying ships to planets and that's it? there are games that do just that right now.
>>
>>341469035
What do you do in Minecraft other than wandering around and building stuff?
>>
If you like space games it'll probably be fun.
>>
>>341468296
Game's crux is a universe to explore/All planets look the same.

You can see how this is a problem.
>>
>>341469462
I love space games but No Man's Sky has less content than even Elite Dangerous.
>>
>>341469248
only in this you cant build shit
>>
>>341469530
>All planets look the same
they don't?
>>
>>341469617
>I can say things with certainty about a game I've never played!
Fuck off.
>>
it'll be okay for exploration
>>
>>341469942
Show me a single thing about this game that indicates it is anything other than a walking simulator.
You can't.
>>
>>341470125
It has combat, crafting and trading mechanics.
>>
>Little to no co-op
>No ship building
>Cant pilot a ship bigger then a fighter craft
>Can only join factions not create them
>>
>>341470397
yes, because creating factions in a single player game is such a great idea
>>
>>341470557
>Not wanting to command a bunch of dumb fuck A.I.s
>>
>>341469840
They color swap the sky color, ground color and flora color. Great.

The "diversity" of planets we've seen, on a surface level, don't even match the diversity of biomes we have on a single planet. (earth)

It's more of a 'Yes' album cover generator.
>>
>>341470379
You mean it has """combat""" tacked on in the most shallow way possible, to give you almost half of a thing to do while walking.
Pokemon Snap had more gameplay than this shit.
>>
>>341470974
You misspelled "Poke' walker"
>>
>>341468296

It is honestly sounding worse and worse every time I hear about it. You can't even effect planets in a way that other player will see. If I carved a giant monolithic dick into the side of a planet that could be seen from space, it will not appear on other people's games. They will get a clean un-graffiti'd planet. The only things you can do that effect other players is make animals go extinct and have you name attached to the planet when they fly in.
>>
I always think that its3d starbound when I see this game
>>
>>341468296
I see Spore 2.0 coming.
>>
>>341471242
>game is bad because I cannot vandalize its enviroment
>>
File: 1406476333453.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1406476333453.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
No, the dude talks out his ass and for some reasons normies who don't know any better because the game sounds cool in concept

Not to mention there's a huge amount of people that still seem to think this is an MMO and not a single player experience

Every planet is made up of single biome and and a single color pallet from a selection, so even though there "a whole universe to explore", you'll probably end up seeing all the scenery the game has to offer in a single sitting

Every game play demo I've seen has had the exact same handful of creatures. There's maybe 2 dozen base creature models, that all get a random remade color pallet and 1 of a section of "accessories" like horns/tails, so expect to get bored of discovering new planets and creatures after 2 hours
>>
>Single player in an exploration game.
Even the mayflower had co-op
>>
>>341471616

>No interacting with anyone
>your actions effect no one
>you can't build anything other than space ships and guns

I want it to be good, but outside of mining resources and moving forward, what is there to do? Especially with the intergalactic police bots that can find you anywhere at any time the moment you kill a single creature.
>>
Was it at e3 2016?
>>
>>341469248
Minecraft is a creative outlet for some people. You have a vision and you build it. You can easily play with friends and collaborate an idea.

You can't even meet up with friends (easily) on NMS. Nor can you do anything creative besides looking at the 5 variants of a sheep that the 'creative' devs made.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.