[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the hardest character to master in this game? It seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
Is this the hardest character to master in this game?

It seems like no matter how good your positioning is, there's always a Widow maker or Hanzo on the other team that can instagib you with a click, or a Tracer/Reaper/Soldier76 can just flank you and you have no way to escape due to his lack of mobility
>>
Yeah.
He's a beast if played properly, though. His orb of discord is just insane.
>>
>>341460089
He's alright but his ultimate is not very good. People can still be killed during it, it has a small radius, and doesn't allow him to even using his amazing attack or orbs during a push or defense.
>>
>>341460508

>if played properly

You mean if the other team is incompetent and can't counter him?
>>
>>341460747

They need to rework him, along with Symmetra
>>
>>341460825
Nah, I meant if played properly.
>>
File: ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png (58 KB, 151x210) Image search: [Google]
ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png
58 KB, 151x210
The problem most people make is they think that they are Lucio and can just run around damaging while being a healer. The key to playing Zenyatta is to focus on your team and play like Mercy. Always on the back line throwing orbs but occasionally poking your head out to pop an enemy with discord. Your m1 and m2 attacks should be your least used shit
>>
Here's all you need to learn
>position yourself so you can discord enemies and heal allies but not be flanked easily
>land headshots with his slow-ass projectiles
>when to charge his slow-ass rmb
He's one of the harder characters in the game to use WELL but he's not super hard. Still one of my favorites though.
>>
>>341461889
>Your m1 and m2 attacks should be your least used shit
lmao no, he 2shots with headshots on discorded targets, you should shoot constantly, just know how to do it from safe positions. which is easier now that widow is nerfed
>>
You want to stay behind Reinhardt's shield, or if there's no Reinhardt then behind your team in the best cover you can manage.
>>
>>341461889

The whole point of zenyatta is being a offensive focused support, with the DPS he has. What you are saying just turns him into a worse, less mobile, less utility mercy.
>>
>>341462409
Negative, your HP is far too tiny to be playing risky like that. You discord someone then let your team know who so the DPS can focus fire him while you bounce orbs between people.

Imagine if mercy stopped what she was doing to take pot shots at an enemy in the middle of a fight with her pistol. Thats what you are doing when you go out of your way to try to get an epic one shot in the middle of a team fight
>>
>1 shot by getting sniped in the foot.

He's garbage
>>
File: 1462508299805.jpg (747 KB, 740x1110) Image search: [Google]
1462508299805.jpg
747 KB, 740x1110
He's a lot of fun, probably the most fun I've had out of any of the support characters. Shame he's a dirty fucking omnic.
>>
>>341462616
He has accurate projectiles with (afaik) no fall-off, so he can shoot from the back line, there is NO reason to just forgo his amazing DPS and instead play him like a bad Mercy. He can heal WHILE shooting unlike her. If you think otherwise you have no fucking clue how to use him.
>>
>>341462765
>Not reading patch notes
>>
>>341462616

Except that's what zenyatta is fucking supposed to do ,you dumbfuck. That's the point of his fire and forget orbs, to be able to use his right clicks while it still heals, while mercy has to decide wheter to heal or to deal damage (also why mercy heals more per second, because it's mutually exclusive)

You have absolutely no idea how game balance works
>>
>>341462616
They aren't comparable at all because mercy stops healing/buffing when she takes her pistol out. The entire point of zen is that he can heal, debuff AND fire all at the same time.
>>
>>341462616
>>341462560
>>341461889
>People arguing between offensive vs defensive healer Zenyatta

See what I'm talking about? People still don't know how to utilize him yet
>>
>>341463045
>>341463192
And here are the bads I mentioned.
>>
I love playing Zenyatta, if you have good aim he's the ultimate sandbag character.

>Oh no I'm all by myself and extremely vulnerable! A tracer/mcree/reaper is coming what ever will I do?
>Discord and dome them before they even know what the fuck happened.
>>
File: ass.jpg (55 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
55 KB, 900x600
>>341462780
>tfw no tasha and jannetin photoshoot
>>
>>341463312
Now I'm going to pay more attention on Zennys while playing. I wonder how many retards are just standing in the background never fucking ever shooting.

Here's the thing: If you aren't discording you're not utilizing him right, if you aren't keeping line of sight you're not discording, if you aren't shooting while keeping line of sight you're completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>341463312

>receive counter argument
>answers by 'lol u bad'

I don't know what I expected, really.
>>
He's just a bit on the weak side.
A tiny buff is all he needs to be on the level of the other two supports
Symmetra is not a support.
>>
>>341463616
Nice reading comprehension you have there bro.
>>
>>341461889
I agree somewhat. You should focus on keeping your team healed but if you see a pharah using her ult, you can snipe that bitch out of the sky in two seconds. Zenyatta is great since he has no bullet drop.
>>
the key to playing zenyatta is realizing all of your health is sheilds and comes back right away after not taking damage for a few seconds.

Zenyatta's gameplan is playing a long range dps/healer.

If you aren't shooting and dealing damage, you'd be better off playing mercy.
>>
I wish his orbs flew a bit faster
>>
>>341463720
>Remove Symmetra's 25 shield
>Replace it with allow people to regen all missing life as shields until they pick up a helath pack

Explain to me why this would not be a good move.
>>
>>341461889
Why would you not use his m1 and m2 attacks? What are you doing after firing your healing and discord orb? Just stand there and watch your team fight while you do nothing?
>>
>>341463327
I'll take Things That Only Happen Against Shitters for 200.
>>
>>341463835
same and the visuals seems to give the wrong impression in regards with speed. On a strafing target I have to shoot a bit further ahead than I expect to actually hit.
>>
He's a lot better now after the Widow nerf, but I've had a lot of success with him in solo queue games where everyone insta-locks flanking squishy faggots. Team consists of Tracer, Genji, Reaper, Widowmaker, and maybe another Genji? Zeny is a great pick.

Your shitty team will be too spread out or far off for Lucio or Mercy, but Zeny can heal enough with Harmony from a distance for their small HP pools. Discord allows annoying characters a chance to actually be more threatening, and Transcendence in this role is typically an "oh shit" button.

Of course I prefer him on a normal team, but Zeny is a great pick for terrible team comps.
>>
>>341460747
I've discovered his ult is more of an ult counter than a push ult.

Only time it fails is with junkrats or mccrees ult, but it denies a lot of another annoying ult like mei, genji, torb, zarya, hanzo, etc
>>
>>341464090
Zenny is sadly pretty useless if you don't have at least 2 front line fighters.
>>
>>341464021
>Tell team you are orbing the tank
>Orb tank
>Turn camera and move heals to next target
>Tank is dead
>Tell team you are orbing Pharah
>Orb Pharah
>Turn camera and switch heals to next target

Much like Rinehardt, you have to coordinate with your team to make him work. If you waste time on personally damaging enemies you are losing out on heals and will not be able to come anywhere near the level of heals Mercy or Lucio put out, thus there is no point in having you on the team.
>>
File: americlap.gif (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
americlap.gif
67 KB, 500x500
>>341461889

>being a complete shitter and trying to teach your lvl10 pro tactics to other people
>>
>>341460747
>>341464215
His ult is pretty good for pushing payloads. If the enemy team isn't sitting on their ults, expect to push the cart a good distance.
>>
File: CYEXHVxWsAAqarO.png (26 KB, 534x498) Image search: [Google]
CYEXHVxWsAAqarO.png
26 KB, 534x498
>>341460089
He's my friend
>>
>>341464215
His ult is literally a shittier version of Lucio's that charges slower. Lucio's ult will just negate any ult unless you get 4 justice rains at the same time in a zarya orb.

Zenny's ult is the one thing I really dislike about him.
>>
>>341460089
I feel like him and Winston are focused on more by players because they're "easy" kills. Even if there's a Lucio or Mercy they should be targeting.
>>
>>341461058
Yeah, but I think they need to take the whole cast in consideration because even if you can make a character better based on how they are right now, you are fucked by the limited ammount of player you have as a team and tose classes can still be worse than other picks. Why have teleporters for the people who died if you could have prevented them from dying by using a hero that can keep them alive? Even if you take in consideration her shield or the turrets, you could have some decent control in a more realiable way by having teammates that know they can fuck around to try something and get back for heals.
The limit of characters truly fucks this game up. For class variances, you have classes that excel so much in especific tasks that if you pick a less useful one for that (like a tank) you are shooting yourself in the foot. But if you increase the ammount of players per map, you fuck the game too because these maps are so chocky. 6 is too small for class variances because a bunch of the heroes excel more at doing the same thing, so by trying something different you are not trying the best you have; more than 6 is too much for the maps because they are fucking hallways.

They really need to fix that shit up.
>>
>>341464459
If his ult charged quicker I think it would be fine. Is zenny ult the slowest charging ult in the game? If not, it's really close.
>>
File: 1438719408374.jpg (37 KB, 624x416) Image search: [Google]
1438719408374.jpg
37 KB, 624x416
>discord a roadhog and pop three consecutive headshots on him
>full to dead in like 2 seconds

INFINITE
SKILL
CEILING
>>
The main issue with Zen is that he's pretty much dogshit as a solo support unless you've got a Zarya for "burst heals."
He can't compete with Mercy or Lucio in the solo support role, he just can't. Even with a team comp built around him.
What he IS good at is being an offhealer that absolutely fucking SHREDS tanks.
He's kind of similar to Soldier 76 - a killing-focused character that can keep his team healthy. Zenyatta trades his own killing power for better healing and the ability to make his team focus down important targets quickly. Sadly, he's also extremely squishy and has absolutely no mobility - his main, crippling weakness.
I've played him a whole lot and right now I'm of the opinion that, even with the Widow nerf, he's not worth playing unless the enemy team is a bunch of beefcake tanks. Lucio or Mercy will almost always be better.
Now if you've already GOT a Lucio, Zen is a great pickup - so long as the enemy team doesn't eat you alive.

I think he needs some kind of mobility move, no matter how small. Even something as unimportant as more movement speed in Transcendance will do.
Additionally, his 50 HP needs to be 50 Armor to prevent insta-kills. After the Widow nerf, it's a lot easier to live as Zen, but there's still plenty of shit in the game that erases you from full or almost full HP.
>>
>>341463782
Torbjorn is the only hero with bullet drop, though.
>>
>>341463640
Sad, but true. It's really hard and dissapointing to talk about balances or communities in videogames because of that. Makes you want to go back to singleplayer games.
>>
They could change his right click for some kind of teleport. For example you throw one of those balls and when clicking again you will teleport to that location.

I don't find to much use to his actual right click
>>
>>341463791

Zenyatta works best when he duos with a tank, he makes Roadhog and even D.Va shine when he keeps constantly healing them, throwing discord orbs to the enemy targets theyre shooting, and then both of those tanks can work as living shields for zenyatta to hide behind.

He kinda sucks on defence but is surprisingly good when youre pushing forward with a tank.
>>
>>341465194
>I don't find to much use to his actual right click
The only time it's good is if you basically know someone is about to appear from a corner, it should oneshot most targets, even tanks with headshots. But yes, something different would be nice. Something to help with mobility or something.
>>
>>341465194
The rightclick exists solely for situations where you cannot be in line of sight since there's a character that can delete you in half a second (Soldier, McCree, Mei, Widow, Hanzo, Hog, Pharah...)
You charge it around a corner, pop out, deliver it, maybe juggle your heal/debuff orbs, then pop back in and charge another.

>>341465407
It can't headshot.
>>
File: avgn xbox.jpg (42 KB, 498x476) Image search: [Google]
avgn xbox.jpg
42 KB, 498x476
Some ideas for improvements to zenyatta's ultimate:

1) Make it so that you can pop it while at the killcam screen for a self-revive + AOE heal
2) Make it so that you can still use harmony and discord while active, but not M1 or M2
3) Applies discord to all enemy units in the same AOE as the heal

Thoughts?
>>
zen is pretty much what happened when someone asked "How can we make a sniper/healer class?"

I find if you play him like a General, and place your orbs proactively, you do a lot better. You want to be close enough to see the battle, but no close enough for the enemy to see you.
>>
>>341465560
I'm pretty sure it headshots, I've noticed the headshot effect several times while using it
>>
>>341460089
He's actually slightly stronger now that widowmaker is nerfed. He was an instant body shot kill before.
>>
>>341465368

Dva is actually quite the threat when her armor is healing at 30hp/sec and doing 50% more damage

When the dva buff hits i cant wait to see how great it will be
>>
>>341465680

He's very wrong

Zenyatta's right click can headshot
>>
>>341464976
I think he could really use a straight-up buff to 200HP. Considering how much more useful in a team Mercy or Lucio are I really don't think an extra 50HP would make Zen an unstoppable OP monster. 200HP is still squishy, he still can't move for shit and his main attack is still one of the most difficult in the game.
>>
He needs a mobility move.
Upwards, especially.
The other two "sniper" characters can get to places where half their counters can't get to, being able to easily break LoS by just taking 2 steps back to let their height advantage cover them.
Meanwhile, Zenyatta has to be on the same common ground that Tracer patrols like a fucking ravenous shark, just waiting for your sweet robot ass.
>>
>>341466404
god, tracer is the scariest thing as zenyatta, if one flanks me I know I am dead unless I get lucky with my orbs
>>
>>341466347

What I gather from Beta, Zen is one of those Blizzard infamous nerfs where he was ridiculously overpowered at first, and as a resort Blizzard made him the worst character in his role.
>>
>playing zen on a team with both a poo in loo and a dwarf

Zenyatta with that much health is incredible
>>
File: 1462402235815.png (695 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462402235815.png
695 KB, 1280x720
>>341466587
>Let's try that again!
>>
>>341461889
You're fucking retarded, Zenyatta should always be providing even more pressure on the enemy team by constantly DPS'ing as well as healing.

That 50% less healing he does than Mercy and Lucio is made up for only by the amount of damage he shit out. Doing nothing but throwing out Harmony/Discords is a bad Zenyatta.
>>
>>341460747
>character that has huge range on his skills and unlimited range on his attack
>lowest HP in the game
>movespeed sucks
>90% of the times dead if caught by anyone at close range
>obviously a ranged support that is supposed to attack, shield and debuff from afar
Nope.
>his ult forces him to get in the middle of stuff, making you either die before reaching your team, or being useless because the ult is just bad unless anyone is grouped up real close

What were they thinking?
>>
>>341465368
If I play zeny again, I guess I'll try being a pocket healer for a D.Va then
>>
>>341460089
I play him alright, he can do tons of damage and take out fat pigs 1 on 1 if you put orb and keep your distance. Can't get any of his achievements though.
>>
>>341465680
It does headshot, I've done it plenty.
>>
It took me a fucklong time to realize you have to keep line of sight with your healing target and you can only have one orb up at a time.

Why isn't this info available?
>>
>>341466963
I read about him being OP too, but supposedly back then not only did he have 200HP but his orbs did not fade when out of LoS. I can see that being pretty ridiculous, you could have shit like enemy tanks with permanent Discord and flankers that heal constantly.
>>
>>341467446

>he doesn't obsessively read the wikis of every muliplayer game he plays

Casual as fuck
>>
>>341466404
A quick dodge to the left or right I feel would help a lot. Since his only defense is LoS. Unless that wouldn't help much with the 20 ticks
>>
>>341464684
Zarya's is slower but that thing has a reason for its slow charge.
>>
>>341464684
His ult charges pretty fast if you're hitting things. Not the fastest but on a payload map I can usually ult for every push for every point.
>>
>>341462960
Not him but mind explaining?
>>
File: Zenyadda.jpg (783 KB, 1045x1045) Image search: [Google]
Zenyadda.jpg
783 KB, 1045x1045
If only he could cast an illusion or mirage like his taunt or have the ULT to be an attack
>>
>>341468548
Transcendence should let him attack much faster without needing to reload.
>>
>>341468501

>not reading patch notes
>>
File: 1464439088365.gif (2 MB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1464439088365.gif
2 MB, 500x485
>>341460089
the hardest character to "master" would technically be widow, with aimbot-tier skill. Zenyatta's "difficulty" isn't because he's difficult to play, but because a stray insult will put him in a coma. All you need to do is remember to keep your heal orb up 24/7, and have your debuff on either whoever you're fighting, or the healthiest enemy nearby. It's more of an annoyance with how often and important it is to keep those two things constantly active. Reminds me of L cancelling in melee.
>>
>>341461889
>Your m1 and m2 attacks should be your least used shit
What a fucking tool, Zen shits out damage and if you're decent enough at aiming you can kill most flankers before they take out yourself or teammates.

You should be spamming the fuck out of LMB at the same time as proving your team with orbs and the enemy with discords.

There is not a single moment you should not be actively doing something unless you're waiting on the enemy team to come back from spawn.

Fucking Zenyattas who don't attack shit trigger me.
>>
File: image.png (779 KB, 1280x962) Image search: [Google]
image.png
779 KB, 1280x962
They key to Zenyatta is staying behind the front lines, popping heals to allies all while hitting their targets with a discord.

Getting healers with it is the best option whenever I see a Mercy I pop it right on her.

You can't make your position too well known but definitely be offensive.
Spam your attack even if you don't have a target because getting lucky with discord is no joke headshot hurt.
You can obliterate a tank from behind who isn't paying attention.

Whenever you see your teammates start to lose just back away because of the enemy team pushes you have no way of escaping quickly.

He works best with another healer on the field to take the "healer" attention off of him.
>>
I think what the anon who's saying that Zenyatta should be hiding in the back is trying to do is subtly imply that he's far too squishy to be a frontline fighter and is basically the worse of the supports because Lucio makes a better frontliner then Zenyetta.
>>
>>341460089
He's not hard to use. He's just garbage. Sure you can melt squishies, but so can Hanzo, and Hanzo has much more reliable mobility, utility, and health.

If you want an offensive support, just play Lucio.
>>
File: areyoukiddingme.png (62 KB, 257x256) Image search: [Google]
areyoukiddingme.png
62 KB, 257x256
>>341460089
just git gud faggot
>>
>>341469203
>Sure you can melt squishies
Irony, since he's strongest as a tankbuster.

Fucking moron.
>>
File: youknowwhatyoudid.jpg (156 KB, 800x1136) Image search: [Google]
youknowwhatyoudid.jpg
156 KB, 800x1136
>>341463275
He is not defensive at all. Anyone who does so is retarded.

He can 3 shot any tank in the game. Just don't be retarded and charge the front line.
>>
>>341469690
3 shot? You mean 3 full charges of 5 shots?
>>
>>341470352
>I can't consistently land headshots on discorded targets
git gud
>>
>>341470352
He means headshots with his primary attack.
>>
>>341460089
Won a blowout on Nepal with a team of 6 Zenyattas just an hour or so ago.

Shit was hilarious and unexpected.
>>
>with team
>discord someone
>everyone shooting at it
>killed person 100damage

It's disappointing when I have the best aim on my team because my aim is shit.
>>
>>341468501
Today's patch changed Widow's bodyshot damages, Zen can now survives one of them.
>>
>>341460089
They needa balance the game by adding a character that counters his counters.
>>
>>341461889
Zenyatta literally rapes enemy tanks, you can break the entire momentum on a push because of his Discord Orb and killing the Tank.
>>
>>341460089

Zemyatta is used to absolutely shut down tanks fast as hell while keeping his buddies alive in the thick of combat.

His damage increasing orb also allows him to paint a bastion or turret and duck away and it still stays attached for a second or two allowing someone else to pull off one or two shots destroying them quickly.

In one on one combat with a speedy character, he gets raped, but if you playing Zenyatta you should be avoiding most one on one encounters if you can because he is support. His ultimate is wonderful if pulled off correctly, as a final push to help the team escort a payload or shut down an invading force on a point, but absolutely garbage if you are sticking away from points of contention.

He is easily sniped, like most support characters though.

If you want a support character that isn't as handy at buffing teammates but can still kind of hold their own in combat and way more mobile, Go with Lucio. A better healer in the fray? Mercy.

The biggest boon support character if they have competent player is Symmetra though. Hidden turrets giving enemies a god laser beam carwash at choke points and a hidden but close to the action teleport is far more valuable than healing is almost 90% of the time because people still die no matter how good you are at healing.
>>
>>341467139
>Die
You can't die in your ult.

Advance with your team and pop ult when you hear the enemy start throwing ults on to the point. It will cancel out any ult that doesn't burst someone down instantly like mcree or junkrat
>>
>>341469203
He's one of the best tank shredders in the game
>>
File: (WAKE ME UP).png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
(WAKE ME UP).png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>341463327
>Get discord orb
>Eat two Headshots
Hitboxes are fucking bullshit
>>
Hard to use in random pubs because he requires some intense coordination. The team would need a healer on top of zenyatta, and usually people are already kicking and screaming over wanting to play their genjis and reapers.
>>
high risk high reward
shit hp, shit mobility, shit defence, shit single target heal, shit projectile speed

amazing damage, no dropoff, ultimate pumps out insane healing and makes him invincible

he could use a buff but honestly the fact widowmaker even exists is why he will always be shit unless they completely redesign him, no amount of slight changes is every going to fix the fact the strongest character on the game shits on him like no tommorow

be nice to see if his discord was changed so allies can see it too.
>>
How does discord orb even work against Reinhardts Shield? Does it also take 50% damage?

I noticed that shooting Reinhardts shield while he's shielded by Zarya gives him charges, does the same happen with discord orb too?
>>
>>341473624
No because orb doesn't go through any kind of shield it's ONLY good against hog.
>>
>>341474674
>not whiffing discord orb when he tries to hit someone with his axe
>>
File: WEWUZKANGS.exe.gif (3 MB, 724x403) Image search: [Google]
WEWUZKANGS.exe.gif
3 MB, 724x403
>>341460089
DO NOT CLICK THIS MEME
DO NOT SAVE THIS MEME

As above, So below
As within, So without
>>
>>341465624
>Applies discord to all enemy units

Way too strong.
>>
Not at all. I'm very mediocre in general and yet I'm rather decent with him.
>>
>>341463893
Imagine tracer with all her life as shield
>>
>>341464459
His ult charges slow because he's not meant to just be healing. You heal and do damage it charges pretty fast.
>>
>>341474961
Nice meme.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.