[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy sci fi games, or anything similar to BG&E? And what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Beyond Good & Evil.jpg (79 KB, 639x808) Image search: [Google]
Beyond Good & Evil.jpg
79 KB, 639x808
Comfy sci fi games, or anything similar to BG&E? And what's the skinny on the sequel?

It also feels so strange how liberal the game is while at the same time being critical of modern 'liberal' behavior like centralization and censorship.
>>
Bump4u because I want to see where this thread is going once I hop out of the shower.
>>
>>341458971
I don't understand what's holding back the sequel. If it has the same subtext it would succeed now more than ever, and it probably wouldn't alienate anyone.
>>
File: Adventrisingbox.jpg (14 KB, 256x312) Image search: [Google]
Adventrisingbox.jpg
14 KB, 256x312
Here's some. Sequel never.
>>
File: project nomads.jpg (78 KB, 374x500) Image search: [Google]
project nomads.jpg
78 KB, 374x500
Stuck somewhere between sci-fi and steampunk this hidden gem is comfy as fuck. First time you'll get to blast on your jetpack through night sky is unforgettable.
>>
>>341461880
just watched gameplay vids, this I gotta try

>>341461628
what happened with the sequel for this?
>>
I never finished BGE, does the gameplay/story evolve or it really just break into places and sneak until you can take pictures?
>>
>>341462657
Game received poor sales and the idea for a franchise got scrapped.
>>
There's an interview somewhere where the devs explained that they had the "stigma" of "commercial failure" on them because of the first game, and they were always reminded of that.

And it's pretty obvious the first game was rushed to completion. The final stage is a puzzle section and the whole story is explained 5 minutes before the ending, in a contrived cutscene.
Jade is the chosen one, she has magical power that never made a difference until then.
>>
File: MTm8.jpg (78 KB, 639x595) Image search: [Google]
MTm8.jpg
78 KB, 639x595
>>341458971
You just reminded me that the sequel is still in development hell and is probably never gonna be released.
Fuck Ubisoft.
>>
>>341462908
well that's the gist of it; you're leaking unethical government activities to the public. But the gameplay does expand.
>>
>>341463053
>Jade is the chosen one, she has magical power that never made a difference until then.
Yikes that makes me not want to finish it.
>>
>>341463198
In the meantime have another dozen asscreeds and a far cry or two.
>>
>>341462908
It becomes worse, actually. There are two "big" areas where you sneak and take pictures, one very small stealth section that can be completed in 2 minutes, and a final area that has 0 enemies and just a bunch of puzzles.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.