[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Should I play them in order? >Can I skip the first game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: sware.jpg (62 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
sware.jpg
62 KB, 625x415
>Should I play them in order?
>Can I skip the first game?
>Is the second one worth it or can I skip to the third?

If you have ever honestly asked any of these questions, I hope you realize you'r a casual and a shitter.
>>
I like playing an entire series before I get to the last entry, but if you want to get to the last game because it's the one that looks interesting to you, I respect your decision as well. Life is short, after all.
>>
Btw I'm a girl
>>
>>341459621
>if you want to get to the last game because it's the one that looks interesting to you, I respect your decision as well.
There's not many cases I can think of where this would be the situation. Maybe if somebody wanted to play Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain for the open world shit instead of the more compact and focused experiences of the first 4?
>>
File: dante-alighieri-17.jpg (118 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
dante-alighieri-17.jpg
118 KB, 900x750
>I just bought X, what am I in for?

You already fucking bought. What's the point of asking how the game is? Fucking play it. Just play the fucking game. Your thread is a waste of bytes on the internet. Fuck you. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK.
>>
For games this is slightly excusable i think, unless it's very storydriven.
What really pisses me off is when people ask it on /a/ or /tv/. Literally just look at the release date, nigger.
>>
>>341459954
Fucking this.

If you just bought the game at least find something to discuss before shitting the place up.
>>
If you ever not played a game that you are better of skipping stuff you are a disgusting newfag.

Fire emblem is something you dont want to play the first one of
>>
>>341460228
Nobody is talking about stuff like Fire Emblem or Tales Of or Final Fantasy where each entry is completely self contained.
>>
>>341459954
>he doesn't refund
>>
>I've never played an X game before, what's the best build/run?

If you can't make up your own mind or need to have someone guide you in ever aspect, video games are not for you.
>>
>>341460739
>buying shit just to refund it
>>
>>341460813
i fucking hate this. have you ever played an rpg before? jesus christ just play the fucking game and it will be fine.
>>
>>341460813
>implying deus ex is enjoyable if you dont put all your points first in swimming
>>
>>341460813
People that want to minmax before even playing the game are my fucking trigger
>>
>>341460993
>>341460813
>>341460813
It's not about people who can't decide or need a guide. The sort of person who asks this question is asking because they want to be spoonfed the strongest strategy or build.
>>
>>341459919
Maybe someone just wants to play the latest video game because it looks good to him and he's not interested in playing a PS1 decades old game first. It's completely understandable and I won't judge them for it.
>>
>>341461339

And what's the fun on having the strongest most powerful build on your initial run?
>>
File: 1464908607741.jpg (75 KB, 545x576) Image search: [Google]
1464908607741.jpg
75 KB, 545x576
>I just finished X, is it any good?
>>
> implying drakengard 2 is worth playing
>>
I'm thinking of buying a console, should I get X or Y?

Buy yourself a book on life management, you worthless cunt. If you can't take the time to identify the games available on each platform and find out which caters to your wants, you can go fucking yourself.
>>
>people trying to min/max in single player games

The dragon's dogma steam and stellaris releases triggered me because of all of the "what's the best X" threads
>>
>>341462212
It is acceptable in games like Age of Decadence though.
>>
>>341458253
It can be applied to some games though.

Like the Harvest Moon series for instance. You don't have to play those games in order to enjoy them. Hell the later ones have some amazing features.
>>
>>341458253

I agree with you, but there are certain cases when it's legit, like for example Hitman. C47 has aged terribly and Contracts is pretty much a remake of C47 in Hitman 2's engine anyways. So it's best to go 2 > Contracts > Blood money and so on.

Also games where the main draw is realism and there is no story, the latest one is always going to be the one to get most of the time.

But unfortunately 99% of the threads asking those questions are retards wondering if they should play the first part of an extremely story heavy series before going to the next part.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.