[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a mother fucking D44M thread you pussies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: image.png (563 KB, 481x556) Image search: [Google]
image.png
563 KB, 481x556
Let's have a mother fucking D44M thread you pussies
>>
File: m7YC2HH[1].png (70 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
m7YC2HH[1].png
70 KB, 500x392
>>341452447
Deepest lore?
>>
File: 20160513163942_1.jpg (389 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513163942_1.jpg
389 KB, 1920x1080
Hayden's only sin was trust.
>>
File: T00T T00T, motherfucker.jpg (39 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
T00T T00T, motherfucker.jpg
39 KB, 581x542
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05hzwQf8pA
>>
>>341452903
Hayden was actually pretty based, I'll hate if he turns out to be a villain
>>
File: Man violently weds two imps.jpg (86 KB, 540x619) Image search: [Google]
Man violently weds two imps.jpg
86 KB, 540x619
>>341452447
>>
>>341452447
Loathed it, even enough that I uninstalled it after 4 hours of gameplay.

The fighting is sluggish, enemies jump up on the rafters for no reason, there's no more than a dozen enemies fighting you at one time, enemies are clustered in combat arenas, mainly meaning the remainder of the map is just dead area. The glory kill system is forced and pointless, not to mention you just kind of warp to enemies to go towards them.

The lack of ammo is purely artificial, meaning you have a low max ammo count but there's ammo drops all over the fucking place plus every enemy poops out shells. And they tried to "compensate" this shit with yet another set of tacked on RPG mechanisms.

Map design is boring and feels completely linear. Secrets are not well hidden and just feel slapped on the map.

Everyone already knows that MP and SnapMap suck ass too.

Honestly, it feels like any old generic shooter game except it has demons and dubstep. 4/10
>>
>>341453435
This copy pasta is stale
>>
>>341453558
Nope.

The game's just tedious and repetitious. Literally a "Brutal Painkiller", with RPG shit.
>>
>>341452447
>D44M

Daam?
>>
>>341453669
Even the same buzzwords too
>>
Odds of it going on summer sale?
60 is steep, but after having played the demo I'll be willing to drop 40 or 45 on it.
Fucking awesome game.
>>
>>341456394
40 or 45 sounds reasonable since you can get it for that on GMG right now even
>>
>>341453435
This is the third fucking time I've seen this exact post in a DOOM thread.

Just why?
>>
>>341456591
Some people can't stand that a game is good
>>
>>341456474
Huh wait what WHAT
>>
>>341456816
They got a voucher on their website that takes 20% off
>>
Just played the demo. The only gameplay I had seen prior was the reveal trailer, which was pretty mediocre, so I was surprised how fun the demo was. It seems like whoever was playing in the trailer refused to ever go full speed, so it ended up seeming like Halo with smaller areas, no vehicles, and weak enemies.
>>
>>341457159
Whoever was in charge of marketing deserves to be fired for how awful of a job they did.
>>
File: frog.jpg (14 KB, 227x160) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
14 KB, 227x160
>>341452447
>Loved
- Music
- Doom Guy's design and everything about him
- Everything about Hayden, his voice, his design, his motive, his lines
- Map designs, secrets, challenges
- Double jumping, grabbing ledges

>Hated
- All the gun's designs, sounds, effectiveness
- All the enemy's designs
- Pretty much the combat itself

I couldn't make it through the game. It was so boring even on UV and I couldn't stand the guns or the enemies. They were absolutely unappealing. I played about halfway or more through the game before I decided I just don't want to play it anymore. Now I just watch Ultra-Nightmare runs and speedruns of the game.

>>341453342
>>
>>341457804
>even on UV
Ever tried nightmare?
No it's not locked, ULTRA-Nightmare is locked, regular Nightmare is just tinted red.
>>
>>341458301
I didn't know that, so no I haven't. The guns aren't fun to shoot and the enemies are lame looking and not fun to fight, so I probably will never play this game again except for MP.
>>
>>341458785
>guns aren't fun to shoot

How did you not like the guns? How's that even possible? They are all 10/10 save for the pistol
>>
>>341453435
This. I fell for the preorder meme. Please shoot me.

Finished the whole game and I was like "that's it"? The experience was very underwhelming, and nowhere near as fun as a playthrough of Doom 2. And I'm still baffled why they thought those "kill everything in this room before you can progress" rooms were a good idea.

If they'd just made Doom 2 with vertical mouse aim, better graphics/audio and a unique set of levels it would have been perfect, but instead they had to tack on all these console shooter mechanics.

And don't get me started on the shitshow that's MP. Bethesda has said rebalances are happening so that might be a ray of hope (if they keep their word AND if they don't fuck up), but holy fuck, it's one of the worst balanced AAA MP's I've ever played, and that includes Battlefield 4.
>>
>>341459390
>He doesn't like combat arenas

Why do people hate arenas? It's so much better than small pockets of demons with endless corridors
>>
>>341458993
I'm wondering the same thing. How the fuck did you like the guns at all? They look and sound awful.
>>
>>341459852
Shit taste detected
>>
>>341459572
>Why do people hate arenas?
Because it FORCES you to stay in the exact area until you've killed every single enemy. If I want to duck out of the room to do something else, or I want to conserve ammo for the next room and just run for the exit, I don't have that choice. It takes away choice from me where the previous games almost never did, and I resent that.
> It's so much better than small pockets of demons with endless corridors
No, it isn't. That design afforded more surprise, choice, and exploration. When I walk into a pre-designated combat arena I know exactly what to expect just looking at the layout of the room, and it also takes away immersion because it's such an obvious tactic by the developers to railroad you into a specific situation, like a DM in D&D suddenly forcing the party to take a specific action so that he doesn't have to think of a plot.

Combat arenas take away choice and break immersion. I don't want to start a fight, that's just how it is for me.
>>
>>341460243
You are overthinking it, combat arenas just puts in more combat which is exactly what I want in a Doom game.
>>
>>341452447
Played the demo on Nightmare, wasn't too impressed.

First part was mostly cinematic shit which I couldn't skip with the only fight is in an arena against imps that 2 hit you from full health while all you have is a weak ass pistol and a shotgun with with no range, little ammo and it doesn't seem to do a lot of damage either.

Second part was just corridors leading arenas with imps and a new enemy. Secrets was just go here and pick up a toy or see an easter egg which isn't too helpful at all. Shotgun get better with a explosive shot but not too much.

Honestly, this Doom seems to be more like Painkiller and Serious Sam then the old school shooters like the OG Doom. I would wait until it get cheaper, but I'll lost interest by then. I'll just stick to the old Doom game, at least they get new wads.
>>
File: Blowitoutyourass.png (31 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
Blowitoutyourass.png
31 KB, 638x478
>Doom
>>
>>341456141
What do you expect? It's the same retard on every thread.
>>
>>341453191
Doom marine has seen the horrors of dealing with hell for who knows how long.

Shit like this always happens when dealing with hell.

>Hayden a gud boi, he dindu nuffin

The scene where he tells you he "did this for thr betterment of mankind" and the marine glances at the dead guy is supposed to help you understand that Hayden is full of shit.

Doom marine will rip him apart piece by piece.
>>
>>341461596
Really wish he'd just fuck off already honestly
>>
>>341453669
then why do you copy paste the same trite shit erry thread?
>>
>>341456719
Butthurt babies need to hate new things
>>
>>341461861
I just thought Hayden was cool as shit how he knew full well what was going on and that literally everything that happened COULD happen, and despite all that he was uncorrupted by the Hell energy and demons. He seemed above its influence entirely
>>
Playing through it right now.
I really don't like those hovering demons that warp around a bunch
They're not fun to fight
>>
>>341461861
Speaking of doom guy, can we talk lore?

I understand it's the same guy from 2/64 who voluntarily locked himself in hell to fuck shit up. He fucked so much shit up he became a god to them, and then got blessed or some shit and wrecked stuff even more.

How the fuck does a temple with "holding relics" contain a fucking demon killing god, is this the same UAC, why were we napping and then just randomly start ripping and tearing, who the fuck blessed us?
>>
File: Doomed meat stand.gif (926 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Doomed meat stand.gif
926 KB, 500x375
>>341453169
How about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjIVkl34Vig
>>
>>341457804
>gun sounds, effectiveness
seriously?
I thought the sound design was one of the strongest aspects of the game, and the gun feel was fucking awesome, enemies seemed to react properly to being shot, at least 1000x better than most modern shooters
>>
>>341458785
>enemy design
again, seriously?
the art design is pretty faithfull to classic doom, at least I enjoy them much more than the enemy design in games like serious sam and painkiller, or is your problem with doom enemies in general?
>>
>>341458785
NM is a mode where you will be killed in like 2 hits, even at max life/armor.
Also, forget about glory killing everywhere because it becomes more of a nuisance unless you time it properly.

Regarding fights, I don't know how enemies react in lower difficulties, but...

Imps are overly aggressive and agile all though the entire game, they can be the greatest threat if you don't deal with them quickly, kinda reminded me of hitscanners in classic because of this aspect. Every imp you don't spawnkill or kill fast enough will evade you and try to flank or shoot you from weird angles, that is, if they don't claw your ass wide open from behind or hadoken from the atop a column in other side of the arena.

Knights bumrush towards you so you have to plan ahead a safe-ish route while you mow them down or you'll be sold.

Mancubi are long range harrassers that you have to keep your attention on while in open areas later on. Especially annoying the slime-spewing variant.

I'll stop here, but I found all enemies had something going for them, and their mechanics work wonderfully with one another. Even if it's all enclosed arenas, I had tons of fun fighting them.

Later on you can break the game with 2 runes and a few weapon upgrades, but even so it becomes a game of kill first before you get hit ONCE, so it still requires some semblance of skill. All becomes irrelevant once you learn spawn patterns, but then it's no different than "memorizing" the map.
>>
>>341453342
VS
>>341452447

Who wins?
>>
>>341460463
I want thought and effort from developers in level design. It's entirely possible to have more combat without putting the player in a box and locking the door until he's killed everything multiple times, there was no reason to do that instead of making it open-ended other than developer laziness.
>>
>>341463018
>Frog armed with two imps vs a wide faced guy armed with two super shotguns
My money is on DOOD.
>>
>>341463221
I dunno, enemies hidden in party closets sounds boring as fuck in modern day. It worked for the original, but that's too fucking slow now.
>>
>>341462834
The only enemies I didn't like the look of were the hell knights, they're straight from doom 3. I was also hoping the imps would have horns on their shoulders.
>>
File: 1400378434365.jpg (16 KB, 258x300) Image search: [Google]
1400378434365.jpg
16 KB, 258x300
>>341452695
>maximillion gets his own doom wad
>>
>>341463701
Ehhh I like that design well enough, I guess they wanted the Baron of Hell to look different from the Hellknight
>>
>>341463221
I felt like it should have been a fight just to get to the arena sections. Not just shoot a few enemies on your way out there. In the originals you had to mow down a shitload of enemies just to get to the areas where you'd end up fighting 20 enemies at once.
>>
File: WORRY.jpg (10 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
WORRY.jpg
10 KB, 193x245
>get voucher code for doom on GMG
>'not applicable' when entered
What the hell?
>>
>>341464147
Ya I assumed so. I just felt the design was a little out of place compared to the other demons.
>>
>>341464450
Which code? Try 20OFF
>>
>>341464514
I had E3SAV.
But thanks for the code.
>>
>>341459390
DOOM 2 was pretty disappointing though.

Barrels O Fun, The Crusher, Tricks and Traps and Gotcha! were meme levels designed just to piss people off like a shitty Mario Maker level.

Everything about the City levels was incredibly poorly done. Nobody enjoyed a DOOM 2 City Level. Nobody.

Things got better when you got into Hell, but you still had to deal with shit like The Chasm. Chaingunners can also suck my dick.

DOOM 64 is the one true follow up to DOOM
>>
Brutal DOOM was way more offensive than NuDOOM.
>>
File: mcride dunks.jpg (6 KB, 136x172) Image search: [Google]
mcride dunks.jpg
6 KB, 136x172
>>341452447
Crack when
>>
>>341459390
>Bethesda has said rebalances are happening so that might be a ray of hope (if they keep their word AND if they don't fuck up)

It has already happened. RL got buffed, Chaingun got debuffed, etc. And more patches to come
>>
>anyone whining about glory kill mechanics

You literally did not play Nightmare mode or Ultra-Nightmare. Really, I dare anyone to UNM and glory kill anything in the midst of a fight if you even get passed the second level :^)
>>
>>341467172
Does the chaingun actually require aiming now or what?
>>
>>341467421

Damage got nerfed heavily. It's barely better than the Heavy AR now (though from VERY close range it's as good as it used to be)
>>
>>341467172
Just the fact that the mentioned the PC user base gives me hope that D44M multi will be God tier by the end of the year
>>
>>341467924

Calm yourself and don't get your hopes up, DOOM was never about the multiplayer and it'll never rise up even 1/3 the popularity of other FPS.
>>
>>341456591
It's Denuvo butthurt in action.

Anyone who complains about ammo scarcity, glory kills slowing it down, or linear levels is a dead give away they've never played the game.
>>
>>341462305
>who the fuck blessed us?
the "Seraphim"
>>
>>341460243
>running from fights in a DOOM game
What even is the point of playing a shooter if you don't want to shoot things...

This is why everything Sony reveled at E3 was another movie that plays itself.
>>
>>341456591

>Just why?

Considering everything he bitches about is wrong. Enemies NEVER jump up in the rafters. I remember many times when I got swarmed with a dozen or more enemies, particularly during and after the first Hell segment, the Chainsaw literally shits ammo for all of your guns everywhere when you use it.

He bitches about the "RPG" elements even though they flat out require you to explore the map, then immediately bitches about how the maps are supposedly linear. He is apparently so retarded that he thinks metalcore is dubstep too.

Welcome to Summer /v/.
>>
File: 1434915862335.jpg (160 KB, 569x1252) Image search: [Google]
1434915862335.jpg
160 KB, 569x1252
I gotta say, this game had one of the best intros I've seen for a while

>Ripping and tearing within literal seconds of the game beginning
>Doomguy not taking any bullshit plot
>Hayden desperately pleading and begging, trying to explain that it was all for the greater good
>Doomguy just fucking cracking his knuckles, like "Not this fucking bullshit again" as E1M1 starts to build up, then smashing the monitor in rage
>>
>>341462305
It's heavily implied this is a different yet similar dimension to the original DOOM.

We already know it's canon that DOOM Guy has been slipping through time and space killing demons on every plain. .WADs
>>
File: The creators of Doom.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
The creators of Doom.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>341460243
>I don't want to start a fight, that's just how it is for me.

Then why in the FUCK are you playing Doom?
>>
File: 1452796877504.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452796877504.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>341469058
>mfw E1M1 theme
>>
>>341467710
Good to hear. I just recall the thing took virtually no accurate mouse tracking to use effectively, it just spewed out ridiculous amounts of damage with minimal effort, which is why I always referred to it as a no skill gun. I'm a little upset that they touched the combat shotgun but I haven't been able to determine yet whether it was a straight up nerf on that thing or not since I haven't played in a while

>>341468081
>DOOM was never about the multiplayer
Doom multiplayer is a core part of the classic games and the Doom community to this day. Yeah sure, new DOOM MP mostly sucks right now, but the recently announced classic mode is a good first step towards bringing it closer to the classic arena style gameplay.
>>
>>341462305

>He fucked so much shit up he became a god to them

More of a bogeyman, but yeah.

>How the fuck does a temple with "holding relics" contain a fucking demon killing god

He was contained inside an Argent Energy barrier.

>why were we napping and then just randomly start ripping and tearing

Aforementioned Argent Energy barrier keeping Doomguy in some form of stasis.

>who the fuck blessed us?

The Doomslayer's Testament claims that the "Seraphim" blessed Doomguy, but it also claims that Doomguy was held in eternal torment within the sarcophagus and would never be released. It was written by demons, for demons. Whether everything written in it is true is unclear since demons are the very definition of an unreliable narrator in this context.
>>
>>341462191
Hayden is one of those evils that doesn't know he's evil.

That doesn't make an uncool character, but his actions to harness argent energy are "DOOMâ„¢"-ing the human race.
>>
Doom guy was never a god like he is in this game. Doom guy was just a lone scared angry marine. New DOOM is LMAO SO EDGY FUCK DEMONS I HAAAAAAATE DEMONS xD TELEPORTS IN FRONT OF YOU AND RIPPS OF YOUR FUCKING FAAAAACE xD
>>
>>341469693
People change and get stronger over time, anon. I know you wouldn't know this because you never try to better yourself, but Doom Guy got stronger.
>>
>>341460243
>complaining about fun action packed gameplay in the most action oriented game
>complaining about MMUUHH IMMERSION
Holy shit, can you please kill yourself? You're a cancer.
>>
>>341469058
>I-I'm willing to take full responsibility for the horrible events of the last twenty four hours

That's the only time in the game when you hear fear in Hayden's voice, cause he knows he's fucked up now, and Doomguy is free.
>>
File: 1382631258954.jpg (269 KB, 1270x635) Image search: [Google]
1382631258954.jpg
269 KB, 1270x635
>>341469693
>scared
Have you looked at the portrait during gameplay? He looks determined and alert most of the time.
>>
>>341469357
>Doom multiplayer is a core part of the classic games and the Doom community to this day.

32 years old and the last thing my brothers, friends, and myself bothered was the FFA DM because it was shit and we all much rather play co-op. I never saw DOOM's MP a core feature and never will after playing q3a.

I honestly thought /vr/Doom did nothing, but bro-op all day everyday.
>>
>>341469693
>DOOMGUY
>Scared
>>
>>341469693
>he's actually complaining that iD created a fun tongue in cheek narrative that incorporated all the thousands of fan-made WADs into the lore

Next I'll bet you're going to say DOOM was never tongue in cheek and took itself very seriously.
>>
So:

DOOM 2 Vs TNT Vs PLUTONIA

Which one is better?
>>
File: lewd.png (182 KB, 326x327) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
182 KB, 326x327
>>341469058

>mfw he just grabs a zombie and smashes his head on the side
>>
>>341469693

I don't see a problem of id software showing they are not detached from their fans and implemented a plot that he has traveled through multitudes of Hell.
>>
>>341470416
Plutonia > First half of TNT > Doom II > Second half of TNT
>>
File: 1463006927338.jpg (133 KB, 1024x670) Image search: [Google]
1463006927338.jpg
133 KB, 1024x670
>>341469693
>Doom guy was never a god like he is in this game.
>>
File: doomhill.jpg (292 KB, 986x1125) Image search: [Google]
doomhill.jpg
292 KB, 986x1125
>>341462191

>He seemed above its influence entirely

In a way, but not really. Hayden's The-Ends-Justify-The-Means attitude essentially facilitate the demonic incursion in the first place. He supervised the facility. He pushed for massive amounts of Argent Energy production. He put the killswitch in the Elite Guard that could have done something about the demonic invasion.

He does everything under the justification that an energy crisis would lead to much worse than a demonic invasion on Mars. That is probably true. Many thousands of people died as a result of the invasion, but BILLIONS might die as a result of a global energy crisis that spurs a world war. Maybe even the extinction of mankind via nuclear war.

Hayden's character is best summed up by the old proverb "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." He views the demons as a nuisance rather than a legitimate threat. Even the Doomguy is just a tool to him, a contingency plan.

What's worse: Hell on Earth, or Global Thermonuclear War?
>>
>>341469693
Agreed. Doom guy is too powerful and fun to play as.

I was thinking maybe he hates the demons because they killed his son, and that's why he kills demons but he's really afraid of them. Then he finds a kid on base who is the same age as his son and also has the power to stop the demons so you have to escort your surrogate son through the base. It could be a more mature character driven sorry, ya know?
>>
>>341463856
yeah right...
>>
>>341469058
>grab your armor
>get locked in place for forced story exposition
>DOOM Guy says fuck that and smashes the monitor in seconds
>you kill demons
I almost forgot games could be fun.
>>
File: 1247586262167.jpg (103 KB, 772x578) Image search: [Google]
1247586262167.jpg
103 KB, 772x578
Thought the game looked shit and nothing like Doom. Played the mutliplayer beta and confirmed that was dead on arrival, but had to wait until this week to play the demo and confirm that I was right about the single player too

Who the fuck enjoys this casualised neo-fps style of gameplay?

>hurrr it's faster than CoD so technically that means its a fast game
>less enemies is MORE of a challenge
>s-stfu execution kills are c-cool ;w;

It's a pretty medicore game that only looks good when compared to the even worse competion (far cry, cod, battlefield, whatever) and only gets attention due to having the Doom name. If a game dev released this exact same game with a different name and no doom guy it wouldn't have got any publicity whatsoever
>>
>>341471442
congrats you get 15 jaded cynic contrarian points. Enjoy them, you worked hard for it anon.
>>
>>341471442
>Thought the game looked shit and nothing like Doom. Played the mutliplayer beta and confirmed that was dead on arrival, but had to wait until this week to play the demo and confirm that I was right about the single player too
>He only played the demo.
The demo's shit and you know it. The game really manages to pick up later on.
>>
>>341471442
Despite typing so many words you didn't give one reason to support your opinion.

10/10 post Anon, just the right amount of meme arrows and anime reaction pic.
>>
>>341470264
One question. If all Wads are canon, are DOOM 64, DOOM 3 and RoE canon too?
>>
File: 1430511510334.jpg (34 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1430511510334.jpg
34 KB, 640x427
>make a level that lets you backtrack through it to get the secrets
>assume this is the norm
>game doesn't do this ever again and will consistantly wall you off so you can't go back

also

>changing the green barrels to red barrels for no reason besides "well gamers will know they explode"
>when your entire level design revolves around highlights all being green or blue to compliment the red color scheme

Only time I ever spotted a barrel while fighting was in that ice area. That's just stupid game design.
>>
>>341471442
>If a game dev released this exact same game with a different name and no doom guy it wouldn't have got any publicity whatsoever

More like it would have sold 5 million copies on day one because it wouldn't have had hordes of poser Doom fans that pretend like they were older than 5 years old when the original came out.
>>
>>341471810
Everything is canon now. Especially 64 what with the sealing away DOOM Guy.
>>
>>341471442

I shiver knowing someone wasted their time posting this.
>>
File: 1248896581461.jpg (15 KB, 453x398) Image search: [Google]
1248896581461.jpg
15 KB, 453x398
>>341471650
>>341471738
>>341471754
>i have no argument so i'll just insult you!!!!!

is there some official bethesda approved D44M defence handbook?

did nu-doom do ANYTHING right? multiplayer bombed, snapmap is a total failure limited by consoles, no expacs only mp dlc, single player is forgettable by the numbers trash

>>341471980
>i'm underage so everyone else must be too!

ha ha good one lad
>>
>>341471980
>you can only be a DOOM fan if you were there for the original shareware
What kind of retarded opinion is this?
>>
>>341472208
How do you argue against somebody who made no points?

Either way, enjoy the (You)s. Sorry you hate fun.
>>
>>341469058
>"epic" title card
>doom guy pops his shotgun and exits onto mars' surface doing the whole bethesda open world thing
>doesn't immediately start with you fighting possessed

only thing that killed the hype
>>
>>341472208

>5 years old in 1993
>current year: 2016

>underage

You have difficulty with basic math, don't you?
>>
>>341471885
>complaining about the fucking barrel color

you know this game has done well when purist 90s retards are starting to reach like this
>>
>>341472581
You're an idiot if you think red barrel in red only levels is acceptable game design.
>>
>>341469941
I thought Hayden held on to Doomguy on purpose so he could free him in case of a demon invasion

>>341470201
it's fair for you to state your personal experience, there is no MP in any video game that absolutely everyone is going to like, despite how historically popular and important that MP is, and DOOM MP was notably popular and important. In fact, some people don't even care about Quake multiplayer despite Quake being a big name in esports, those people just want a reboot of the original Quake campaign, as you may have read in complaints about Quake Champions. I stopped caring about the /vr/ doom general servers a long time ago but I definitely remember playing deathmatch with those guys multiple times.
>>
File: 1276429597063.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1276429597063.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>it's a boring mediocre generic FPS with no skill, no style, no replayability and NO longetivity
>BUT IT'S A RETRO REBOOT

why do millenials buy in to this shit? is blood dragon to blame for encouraging the neo-80s shit? or is it millenials so desperate and hungry to experience the golden age they were born so long after that keeps up this awful marketing practice?

I know people say nu-doom is like halo with demons and shit, but that's insulting to Halo - at least those games aren't dead and buried in 30 days or less
>>
>>341472208
Nobody is defending the multiplayer you fucking thick cunt, jesus christ actually read the thread you gutter trash.

>single player is forgettable by the numbers trash
How to tell someone hasn't actually played the game: the post
>>
File: mad money.gif (113 KB, 636x414) Image search: [Google]
mad money.gif
113 KB, 636x414
>>341471442
>>341472208
>>341472948

(You)
>>
>>341472948
does shitposting turn you on?
>>
>>341472803
I think you're the only person who had problems with this, Anon.

It's not hard to see bright red barrels against steel structures.
>>
>>341473229
This, the barrels are extremely visible.
>>
>>341457159
the demo is just the first level right?
it is crap compared to the rest of the game.
>>
>game has been out for over month now
>people still jumping in to hate

At least the shill finally dropped, all we got now is Denuvo babies and doom babbies.
>>
> HDoom will never get a new update
>>
>>341472948
Here you go, Anon. I hope this (You) distracts you from whatever you're dealing with
>>
>>341473229
They weren't as noticible as the original barrels, I could easilly keep those in my head persistantly and actually use them to my advantage. In new doom it was "oh theres a red barrel next to a guy, I'll go shoot it now"

It's really a dumb choice that doesn't need defending.
>>
>>341472948
The shit post to end all shit posts
>>
>>341473738
Again, it's not a dumb choice given how still obvious they are. You must be literally blind. Hell, you are inside more than you are outside, you gonna tell me the you didn't notice a barrel because there was a blinking red light in one of the rooms too?
>>
>>341473738
Again, nobody seems to have this problem but you.

If you're complaining that the game isn't 16bit and has much more going on in its levels than nothing but enemies and barrels I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>341473036

hey kid, if boring generic fps gameplay is your thing that's cool, but please don't pretend d44m holds a candle to DooM

I guess all those cellphones and tablets really are turning gen Z brains to mush if something as boring and generic as nudoom seems "fast" paced and exciting lol
>>
>>341474926
>Boring generic FPS gameplay
What makes DooM so special to you?
>>
>>341474926
Here's the last (You) I'm giving you.

I'm sure there's a consolewar or U4 falseflag thread you could migrate to for attention.
>>
>>341474926
>generational elitism

newflash retard, if you're not an old man chances are you're a millenial.

Also the 80s and 90s were fucking shit. So were the 70s. 50s and 60s were the last good decades.
>>
>>341453169
This has to be one of the worst tracks in the entire game. All they did was make it completely fucking worse in every way.
>>
File: id staff 2016.jpg (80 KB, 730x411) Image search: [Google]
id staff 2016.jpg
80 KB, 730x411
Does the neo-id team represent the new millenial generation just as well as the actual id guys did represented the 90s?

>uncomfortable, unhappy, awkward, no sense of personality or direction in life, toes the middle ground in life, boring bland and just as generic as the games they make, only work to pay the bills and fund their interest in other games like League of Legends and Overwatch, D44M is just a meaningless blip on the radar that is their awful life
>>
>>341476269
That's pretty damn judgemental senpai
>>
>>341467924
>Just the fact that the mentioned the PC user base gives me hope that D44M multi will be God tier by the end of the year
You'd think that, but in the end, it'll die a horrible death just like what happened with Tribes Ascend and Quake Live. The same thing will happen to Quake Champions, mark my words
>>
File: 132347.jpg (44 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
132347.jpg
44 KB, 393x393
Tried the demo, didn't make me want the game. It's way too simple. I don't walk into a room and immediately have to start planning like you did in the old games. You don't have to think about moving, because as long as you're moving in any direction you won't get hit.
>>
>>341477265
Please don't kill my hopes anon
>>
>>341477265
>The same thing will happen to Quake Champions, mark my words
whether quake champions lives or not depends on how hard Bethesda forces esports for it. they already confirmed they'll be doing tournaments, leagues, that sort of shit. so they could possibly suck in the wannabe PRO MLG crowd, but of course overwatch is still a competitor with it's own competitive mode
>>
>>341477828
>the first level of a game is fairly simple
You don't say.

Also please don't pretend like anything about DOOM was hard. It wasn't, Anon. It's a very very simple and easy game.
>>
>>341471442
>inb4 all the cancerous HURR DID YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAME OMG GIT GUD replies

I agree with you, really. Although I enjoyed playing this at least in some level, it was full of flaws here and there. This game is said to revitalize fast-paced shooter genre, but recycled the same shit that plagues fps nowadays. Some thing that troubled me most:

>piss filter
>cluttered Doomguy design
>forgettable weapon design
>unimaginative levels, no trick n' traps or barrels o' fun
>demons are just hunks of grey mass which blends in to the background
>OST full of djent / wubwub cancer
>forced plot, even that minimum amount of it is only irritating
>everything in multiplayer and snapmap
>>
>>341476269
You need to rethink your life if you believe this based on the fact their development studio isn't in a lakehouse where they dick around all day and play guitar.
>>
>>341477853
Just bring you back down to Earth. id speaks a lot but doesn't learn a single thing. Look at Quake Live when they introduced loadouts, and look what happened to D44M MP and the new demo.

>>341477875
>how hard Bethesda forces esports for it. they already confirmed they'll be doing tournaments, leagues, that sort of shit.
Hi-rez did the same thing, and Tribes still died. Quake Champions at release will be against Overwatch and TF2 in full swing. It'll be an uphill battle for it to win.
>>
>>341469883
Not the same guy

He's not talking about some eastern european "it's like I'm really a radioactive hobo" type immersion. It's just the most basic level of being into what you're doing. You don't watch star wars and think it's real, but you're still mesmerized by what's going on. When a video game doesn't even bother hiding the strings by forcing you to make decisions the developers obviously want you to make it pulls you out of that trance.
>>
>>341477090
>>341478572
Why are you fags respond to the most blatant shitposter? He just wants you to notice him.
>>
>>341479202
>It's just the most basic level of being into what you're doing.
Yeah, having fun usually helps me be into video games.

If Anon doesn't like shooting demons, that's totally fine. I don't know why he played a game where that's all you do, though.
>>
>>341478558
You're correct, old doom was easy. But that's not what I'm talking about. It's not about difficulty, it's the level of engagement. When I'm playing the old games, even on the first level, I still have to do things likes say "shoot the hitscan dudes first". Even if it doesn't add to the difficulty, it adds to the level of involvement.
>>
>>341479847
Ah.

D44M gets that, and much more, Anon.

You didn't expect them to through Cyber-Manncubuses, Cacodemons, Barons of Hell, Spectres, and Revenants at you on the first level, did you?
>>
>>341477828
They should have made the demo longer, marketing team from this game sucks some serious balls.

E1M1 isn't an indication of what the classic Doom can achieve gameplay-wise, that whole "planning out" you mention doesn't really come out into play until way later in the episode, just like in this game, the difference is back then they gave the entire first episode for free so you could see for yourself and be craving for another 2-3 episodes, unlike this time around.

If you can't afford just wait for the crack and give NM a go.
>>
>>341480562
I'd like to think the marketing team for D44M were all fired for incompetence
>>
>>341479847
put the game on hard?
>>
>>341460705
get a load of this casual

>First part was mostly cinematic shit which I couldn't skip

did we play the same game? the "cinematics" last roughtly a few seconds at a time, and dont break the flow of the game at all.

>while all you have is a weak ass pistol and a shotgun with with no range,

pistol is a backup weapon, shotgun is perfectly fine, it has mid range, and theres explosive barrels everywhere baby.
>>
>>341461502
Hmm that's one doomed space marine
>>
>>341478560
>>piss filter

No?
>>
>>341462240
Gotta chainsaw them with a quickness
>>
File: 20160529000303_1.jpg (608 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160529000303_1.jpg
608 KB, 1920x1080
>>341481913
>>
>>341480486
I'm sure it gets better. But a lot of the minor details that were present in the demo don't give me faith that I'm going to be seeing any John Romero tier levels down the line. I mean this is the same team after all that needed the entire internet bitching at them to realize that maybe they need to speed up the glory kills and the running (compare the original reveal to the released game). And from what I've heard from fans of the game themselves it seems like the game props itself up with novelty, upgrades and shit like that, instead of a fundamental level of good mechanics.

And from what I've seen of those enemies in videos, they won't increase my level of involvement that much more. Mancubi for one don't do what they did in the old games. Where they fired at an angle forcing you to not circle strafe mindlessly. The new ones just fire straight at you like everything else.

Yes I know that most of this is speculation, but I'm not going to drop $60 for a game that will only be mildly enjoyable for one playthrough.

>>341481192
> It's not about difficulty, it's the level of engagement.
>>
>>341452447
Remember back when you were only allowed to talk about Doom in /vg/? Those were the days.
>>
File: doom mods.png (3 MB, 1543x2898) Image search: [Google]
doom mods.png
3 MB, 1543x2898
>>341452447
>Let's have a mother fucking D44M thread
Why? Doom 1 and 2 are infinitely superior.
>>
>>341482135
Romero levels are nothing special, and they haven't been for decades.

The glory kill and movement speed complaining was about the outsourced MP, not ID's campaign. The game is very quick.

They don't fire straight at you, they lead their shots very accurately and create a toxic puddle that can 2HKO you if you walk through, adding infinitely more depth than the old ones.

It is all your speculation, and it sounds like you're just trying to hate the game. I'm sorry, senpai. It's really fun.
>>
Doom

DOOM

DooM

Which one and why?
>>
>>341482116
>Brown, earthen environments are a piss filter.

No. Play the game instead of reposting old images from /v/
>>
>>341482262
You forgot your fedora you fucking contrarian piece of fucking shit kill yourself cunt
>>
>>341482795
>The glory kill and movement speed complaining was about the outsourced MP

Watch the original reveal
>>
>>341482825
DOOM is correct
DooM is some times acceptable (like when referring to DooM 64)

Doom if you're completely fucking retarded (read: a 90's kid)
>>
>>341481370
>roughtly a few seconds at a time
1)At the start of the game
2)After you clear the first area, you wait for the hologram to finish before the door opens which leads to
3)Getting the armor, and up until you push the screen away
4)Getting the shotgun and opening the door, can't move forward until that finishes
5)Imp introduction
6)The lift at the end of the first part, with the Doom title drop

That's 6 times the game stops, and they are unskippable and follow up one after the other. They're gone at the second part but then the new problem begin, like the corridors and arena map design and the fact the first enemy you make in the game 2 shot you in NM, when in the OG game, they can only 4 shot you at best.

>and dont break the flow of the game at all.
So why can't I skip them then?

>shotgun is perfectly fine, it has mid range
Imps take 3 shot to stagger at mid range and 1 more to kill

>and theres explosive barrels everywhere baby.
I couldn't tell that until an imp kicked one in full view to me. Red barrels in a red level.
>>
>>341483074
You mean that scripted cinematic cutscene meant to look like gameplay?

Because everyone knows E3 reveals are a good indication of gameplay and not made by suits for their perception of """""gamers"""""
>>
File: umad2.jpg (80 KB, 476x275) Image search: [Google]
umad2.jpg
80 KB, 476x275
>>341482940
must be terrible being so autistic that you fly into a rage because 1 person doesnt like your favorite video game
>>
>>341453191

He wants to use Hell's limited energy to solve the energy crisis, but the energy of Hell comes from sacrificing humans to the demons

...Yeah he sure isn't the bad guy already
>>
>>341483414
Do you ever stop whining? Most of those scenes were 5 seconds long or less, get over it or play grandpa games.
>>
>>341483414
Literally every single thing you listed takes under a under a second or a second max.

If this is what you have to force yourself to complain about I think the game must be pretty good.

>Imps take 3 shot to stagger at mid range and 1 more to kill
A point blank shot from the combat shotty is an instant kill on an Imp, and you get a grenade launcher on it almost immediately that can net you 1 hit kills at any range assuming you aren't shit.

>I couldn't tell that until an imp kicked one in full view to me. Red barrels in a red level.
Sorry to hear you're retarded, Anon.
>>
I need some help here.

In level 8, where you gotta go through the research facility to get to the elevator to get to the lazarus lab.
How do i get the area map room open?
>>
>>341470719

This anon is correct. There's just that one rapid-firing constant problem with Plutonia but you'll get used to it.
>>
>>341484167
In the bathroom with the open airvent.

You have to jump off the sinks to reach it.
>>
>>341482116

Nigga the planet Mars is a desert of rust and terraforming has given it a thick windy atmosphere so everything is either covered in rust or lit through clouds of a rust storm. And the clouds of Hell are on fire because it's Hell. At least there is light unlike Doom3.
>>
>>341484487
Ok, cheers.
Gotta say i hate that map due to the whole "Oh, you went to a new area? BANG! BULKHEAD DOORS CLOSED BEHIND YOUR ASS!".
Thanks to this i lost 2/3 suit upgrades, 1 rune trial and one bobblehead.
Looked for a walkthrough or something but all i found were first time playthroughs that missed half the items as well.
>>
>>341484905
Yeah, the locking doors is honestly my only big complaint.

You keep pushing forward because you think you'll maybe find the secret, and when you realize you went too far it's too late.
>>
File: sadgarrett.jpg (29 KB, 440x459) Image search: [Google]
sadgarrett.jpg
29 KB, 440x459
>>341484905

I hate it how of all games, even D44M is less guilty of breaking nonlinear levels with points of no return than that cockrings game we do not talk about.
>>
So I played the demo recently and I really liked it even though the first level was really easy even though I played it on the second highest difficulty. It was fun but I heard the MP is dead and the campaign is short. Is this true? I can't really justify 60 dollars to a game with a focus on the campaign and have it be short and easy
>>
>>341452447

Best shooter since Painkiller back in '04. Fight me.
>>
>>341457804
>I couldn't make it through the game. It was so boring
>Now I just watch Ultra-Nightmare runs and speedruns of the game
Fucking hell I want to kill myself after reading that.
Cancerous faggots like you created youtube gaming
>>
>>341483862
>Literally every single thing you listed takes under a under a second or a second max.

Watch these side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ic-ycsaDw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPhVDe0Vj-s

Doom 4 is slow as fuck.
>>
>>341485321
The game gets much harder, and it took me 10 hours to complete on Nightmare.

You can get it for $30 off a reseller, that's what I did and it was definitely worth it. Already in my 2nd playthrough and still having fun.
>>
>>341484905
>Oh, you went to a new area? BANG! BULKHEAD DOORS CLOSED BEHIND YOUR ASS!
I hated this so much.
I spent 45 minutes lurking around that "secret" area near the Cyberdemon arena because I thought the arena was the "classic" level and there should be some way to access it, I didn't want to progress on in case I could not go back.
>>
>>341485724
Wait, you're honestly complaining that D44M is longer than the originals that only took a new player a couple hours to beat?

It's really time to take off the goggles, Anon.
>>
>>341485917
D44M is slow, boring, and technologically inferior to its 23 year old predecessor.

I have doom wads with 5, 10, 20, even 30 THOUSAND enemies in a single level (holyhell and okuplok being the highest)

D44M snapmap capped at 64 demons, only 12 allowed to be spawned at once. Absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>341485724

Even if you cut out the unskippable story scenes of D44M, it's still longer than all 4 episodes of Ultimate Doom
>>
Is there any news of a single player DLC (or expansion) or is it all just multiplayer stuff?
>>
>>341486307
>D44M is slow, boring, and technologically inferior to its 23 year old predecessor.
k

>I have doom wads with 5, 10, 20, even 30 THOUSAND enemies in a single level (holyhell and okuplok being the highest)
>why can't D44M have thousands of 16bit sprites with almost non-existant AI?
k

I get it, Anon. Anything new is bad.
>>
>>341472803
you may be colored blind

I am ;_;
>>
>>341486307
>MORE ENEMIES IS BETTER
Fuck off with your meme wads

Old enemies were shit when it came to being a challenge, new enemies will wreck your shit and actually punish you
>>
>>341452447

Does /v/ take back the shit that they said about the game?
>>
>>341472805
>I thought Hayden held on to Doomguy on purpose so he could free him in case of a demon invasion
probably. its clear he didnt trust olivia, and he had Doomguy's coffin moved to a secret and secure location for a reason
>>
>>341486720
No excuse because the game has a colorblind setting in the options. That anon is simply retarded colorblind bro
>>
>>341485520
Why? Because I don't want to play a shitty game that looks nice? I like speedruns because it's top tier gameplay and exploits. I watch speedruns and top gameplay of games I think are shit and would never play myself, while I play games I think are better games.

That kind of attitude has done nothing. You are the cancer thinking there's a problem here, you worthless shit.
>>
>>341471442
I'm fine with these baiting retards if it means more threads pop up
>>
>>341486834
The new enemies are better individually but they lack that ability to be meaningfully mixed and matched together. The old enemies were simple but they had basic niches they filled. So having a certain ratio of one enemy type mixed with another one would give you different an unique fights. Like cooking with demons. New demons just kind of fuck off on their on like ripoffs of unreal enemies.
>>
>>341483414
You know a game is good when this is the kind of shit purist autists have to complain about.
>>
>>341487060
Kill yourself, get a new hobby
>>
Ultimate DOOM > NuDOOM > DOOM 64 > Final DOOM > DOOM 2 > DOOM 3 >>>>>> Brutal Doom
>>
>>341486853
Yes and no.

Everyone said this game was shit because we were shown MP. The MP is shit.

Nobody expected the SP to be so fun and true to DOOM
>>
someone once called D44M the 'metroid prime" of the doom series.

do you guys think thats true?
>>
>>341486958
Colorblindfag here, I tried the colorblind mode. It fucks with all the colors and turns everything even more shit brown than what I see red normally as.

I don't recommend that mode for anyone.
>>
>*backflips out of ferrari boxter type R edition*
>*lands in 100ft wide hot tub next to private mountain lake*
>ha ha yeah dude, after we rip out some sick nasty guitar solos and chug these beers (none of that microbrewery ipa fagshit btw) lets play some fukkkken doooooooooom
>*a single tear appears*
>man.... sometimes don't you just... don't you just actually love video games and want to make good games people will enjoy and have fond memories for the rest of their life? imagine making some shitty cash in that lives and dies in less than a month.... fuck..... anyway let's play bro

how can neo-id compare with this? how do those spineless nu-male cucks live with themselves when they try to walk in the shoes of gaming gods?
>>
>>341462323
I fucking love you anon

Miracle of Sound is the shit
>>
>>341487373
I don't have to enjoy every new game out there, especially the garbage ones, yet I still find ways to enjoy them without playing them. Video games are entertainment, nothing more. I play them for entertainment and I watch them for entertainment. I manage to balance the ones I hate and the ones I love. I know you can't say the same because you for some reason can't stand that other people watch games.

You have a severe mental problem and need help. Get the help you need, realize you're worthless and then go hit rock bottom and stay there until you die alone.
>>
>>341486307
There's also plenty of awesome maps like Hellcore that has so few monsters and they're awesome because having a shit ton of monsters is not all.

Also you do realize DOS DOOM can't really run 100,000 Revenants or your other overpopulated maps right? You wanna complain about SnapMap? that's fine. It's a shit tool anyways. But don't compare it to a map created for engines done after the sourcedcode of the game was released. Hell, most of those maps run like shit on computers that aren't heavily equiped.
>>
File: john-romero[1].jpg (17 KB, 400x305) Image search: [Google]
john-romero[1].jpg
17 KB, 400x305
>>341487972
pic related
>>
Any tips for the last boss? Getting my dick spanked
>>
>>341462305
This is a new Doom Marine, i think

In this one he's a warrior from another world called D'Argent Nur, who became the demon slaying badass he is now after his world was invaded by hell
>>
>>341488154
Shoot it until it dies.
>>
File: John_Carmack_working.jpg (109 KB, 938x707) Image search: [Google]
John_Carmack_working.jpg
109 KB, 938x707
>hang on, i'm hacking into the FBI-CIA-Interpol quantum networking spectrum, I got a hot tip on how to make shaders look 3% better
>i don't need sleep, i live on the good feelings that come from making bitching cool games
>anyway, last time I slept I had a terrible nightmare... cucked men buying shitty flavour of the month games with awful graphics, no style OR substance... fuck....
*hacks into NASA to figure out how to make secret walls even more secret*
>this ones for you... america....
>>
>>341488154
stay off of the ground if possible, use the scoped Gauss Cannon or Super Shotgun on the areas of exposed brain, and don't be afraid to spam siphon grenades
>>
>>341487464
Whats the hate with Brutal Doom?

I get the hate for the ADS features and reload, but even then it still looks nice.

Is it mostly because the creator was an ass or something?

What about Project Brutality? Do people hate that too?
>>
>>341488569
As if, Carmack is the reason why Doom 3 was shit. He never cared about the actual game, just the tech behind the engine
>>
>>341488738
Thanks bud. Doing ultra violence and I think after this boss Ill start up another game on one difficulty higher.
>>
>>341486834
>new enemies will wreck your shit and actually punish you

and then you kill one with a chainsaw and it spews ammo for all your weapons

D44M sucks.
>>
>>341488857
For me it's the reloading and army of Marines you get.

That shit's not DooM.
>>
>>341483568
Yes I'm so fucking mad I had spent the past 40 minutes calming down just so I could type this and tell you to fuck off and die
>>
>>341486562
>Anything new is bad
nah, overwatch is great
>>
>>341488114
Take your meds
>>
>>341489426
>the game keeps you in constant action by rewarding aggression with health and ammo
NEW IDEAS AND MECHANICS ARE BAD

I WANT 16BIT GRAPHICS AND MINIMALIST CORRIDOR MAPS WITH NO VERTICALITY

fuck back off to /vr/ already
>>
>>341487972
>>341488138
>>341488569
I don't even know who are you trying to mock anymore, but I think that fact makes those even more fun.
>>
>>341489493
Isn't there a classic mode that keeps the original DOOM gameplay but keeps the crazy gore?

Also you can disable the Marine things and have them revert back to soulspheres.
>>
>>341489714
>the game removes all fear or possibility of death by ensuring your health and ammo are topped off after every encounter

sounds pretty casual to me, i bet you havent even beaten doom 1 or 2, nightmare difficulty, starting each level from a fresh pistol start, but you sure love nudoom
>>
>>341485917
Did you even watch the videos? It has nothing to do with being longer, it has everything to do with the pace of the game.

Everything in Doom 4 is so much slower and sluggish compared to the originals and it's bogged down even further by various unnecessary animations and unskippable cutscenes.
>>
>>341490216
>the game removes all fear or possibility of death by ensuring your health and ammo are topped off after every encounter
No, considering every mid-late game demon can one hit kill you on higher difficulties.

The point is to force you to engage when low on health and ammo, creating a non-stop cycle of fun shooting. Not run around looking for pickups.

I'm sorry you hate new things, Anon. Severe aversion to change is a symptom of autism, after all. Maybe you should leave this thread instead of getting triggered?

>i-if you like D44M you've never played the originals!
DooM was the first game I ever played and I always have it installed. Sorry, senpai.
>>
>>341490574
>DooM was the first game I ever played and I always have it installed. Sorry, senpai.

lol, it's a proven fact by the doomworld forums that nobody who is a classic doomer enjoys D44M

obvious troll is obvious
>>
>>341491063
Here's your last (You), Anon.
>>
>>341490574
>The point is to force you to engage when low on health and ammo, creating a non-stop cycle of fun shooting. Not run around looking for pickups.

>DooM was the first game I ever played and I always have it installed. Sorry, senpai.

Sounds like you are trash at Doom then if you think Doom is always about running around looking for pickups.
>>
>>341491063
>lol
>proven fact
>obvious troll is obvious
>>
>>341483349
It's DOOD or MOOM. Some scholars state that TOOT is acceptable as well
>>
File: 1457112474291.gif (2 MB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1457112474291.gif
2 MB, 581x542
>>341492174
What if it's actually DOOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg
>>
>>341492596
superior doot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr5XNbLRlnU
>>
>>341459390
>>341460243
This.

Anyone saying otherwise is literally a braindead moron who knows jack shit about the vidya design, and also does not know anything what made OG Doom and the -likes so good.

And yes, sometimes copying the fucking master of its genre IS a good thing. Even more so when people now praise this piece of shit console shooter for it's claimed "return to roots, no innovations" approach.
>>
>>341488154
Giiiiiiiiiiiit gud
>>
>>341469058

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_FcybvR6rA
>>
>>341469058
>Ripping and tearing within literal seconds of the game beginning

>Spouting memes in the first seconds of a game is a good thing

Fan of borderlands, are we?
>>
>>341495340
you don't know what a meme is
>>
File: Rip and tear.png (174 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Rip and tear.png
174 KB, 800x800
>>341495460
Rip and Tear is a meme taken from the widely mocked Doom comic book you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>341495768
I thought doom fans loved rip and tear, now suddenly you hate it because new doom uses it?
>>
>>341495460
again, you don't know what a meme is.
>>
>>341492596
>>341492726
Extra spoopy doots thanks guys
>>
>>341496131
You thought wrong.
https://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/

It's liked the same way people like "The Room" or Terry wads.
>>
>Cyberdemon's second phase is basically his first phase except he uses his instakill attack 3 times in a row and makes it harder to dodge
SS with Double Trouble made this boss a joke
>>
>>341496342
Tell me then meme lord, what constitutes a meme.
I'm actually curious to what your definition is that somehow excludes rip and tear yet includes the majority of "memes" that 4chan is known for.
>>
The fuck happened to John Romero's game?
I know he took it down from Kickstarter so that he could get out a playable demo first, but fuck, it's been a while, and there's no news.
Is it confirmed dead yet?
>>
File: doomlaunchtrailer.jpg (148 KB, 695x390) Image search: [Google]
doomlaunchtrailer.jpg
148 KB, 695x390
Anyone who doesnt think this is the best doom 4 song is Entitled to their own opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
>>
>>341495340
Some things are funny, that's why they become memes. Like how kys is a meme. Which is what you should do now dipshit.
>>
>>341498664

Waltz of the Demons at 1:51
>>
>>341452447
played the demo. Wow that was boring. I have played a lot of fps games but I don't think i have ever been bored that fast before. Back to quake 1 mods i guess
>>
File: Don't cry babby.png (52 KB, 202x122) Image search: [Google]
Don't cry babby.png
52 KB, 202x122
>>341499230
>meme lords getting butthurt

Priceless.
>>
>>341498270
it's been like 3 weeks calm down
>>
>>341500131
Said the hypocrite, posting an extra dank meme
>>
>>341498664
New Doom OST doesn't really translate that well as "standalone music", ends up being way too repetitive and boring when listened through youtube or by itself, it was clearly composed to be listened to while playing the game with all the dynamic changes and small subtleties and such, that's only when it shines and becomes somewhat memorable.
I kinda miss those smooth kick ass NOT-Alice in Chains songs, though.
>>
>>341500501
Wait, you find memes obnoxious now? I thought they must be okay.

You aren't very good at this, are you chump?

Also
>Implying I used just 1 meme in that post.
>>
Has a game ever triggered /be/ autists this hard before?
>>
>>341501876
/vr/* phoneposting is a struggle
>>
>>341452447
Still haven't bought it. The demo seemed promising, though. Is it good?
>>
>>341482262
While that might be true, that doesn't devalue D44M's overall quality, especially considering modern game design standards.
>>
>>341498664
i like you
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.