[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ability to freeze time >Attack boulder with sword multiple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
>Ability to freeze time
>Attack boulder with sword multiple times while time is frozen
>The boulder is loaded up with kinetic energy
>Time unfreezes and the boulder goes flying

That is one of the most legitimately clever game mechanics I have seen in a while. Holy shit, why does the new Zelda look so good?
>>
File: 1mSr2EU.gif (422 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1mSr2EU.gif
422 KB, 500x500
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
>>
You know you could do this by command console exploits in Oblivion too. You could turn off physics, kill a guy and hit them with a billion spells. The force would stack and they'd go into orbit once you turned physics back on. It was the most fun shit and for a decade I've wondered when someone was gonna make it a legit mechanic. Can't believe it will be Zelda of all things.
>>
>>341447071
>link will never freeze your dick, suck it for a whole minute and then unlock time for an "all at once" sensation
>>
>>341447758
oblivion was shit and always will be.
go away todd
>>
>>341447071
The question is how long can you move within the frozen time?
>>
>>341447758
>by command console exploits
>debug tools for programmers is the same as game design
>>
>>341448024
Seems to be like ten seconds or so. You can turn it off too.

>>341447071
Seems dope as fuck. I hope there are a ton of creative uses for it.
>>
>>341447920
>freezes your dick
>if you move it stays where its frozen
>when it unfreezes it just falls to the ground
>>
Kingdom Hearts did that too with damage after using Stop which was cool back when.
>>
http://exhentai.org/g/443074/b48eebb420/
>>
>>341448826
I expected Stopman
>>
>>341447071
I'm looking forward to BotW but why is this the thing your so impressed about? It's been done before and it's not even that neat
>>
>>341448997
Same, not disappointed tho
>>
The question is if the NX is going to be an underpowered piece of shit again and if it will be able to run at 1080p60fps
>>
>>341448038
that is not what he implied at all
>>
>we want the jojo audience

meh
>>
>>341448038
Can you fucking read you inbred mouthbreather
>>
File: Zelda DIO.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Zelda DIO.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Here's a webm of it.
>>
Quick post fun ideas.
>be link
>shoot fire arrow on log
>roll fire log into enemie camp
>rolling fire log creates updraft from grass set on fire and obliterates/explodes everything in its path
>parasail on fire updraft
>blow shit up with fire arrows
>The legend of Pyromaniacs: breath of destruction
>>
*twitches finger*
>>
>>341447071
Holy shit, link? I need to see this.

>>341447758
I'm downloading Oblivion for the first time in years and I'm gonna try this for sure.
>>
I want to freeze a boulder, bash the shit out of it, climb onto it, and fly away with it.
>>
>>341447071
Why are people trying so hard to be impressed by simple physics?

>WOOOOW LOOK AT THE BOULDER GO
>THIS ZELDA IS GONNA BE AMAZING
>>
>>341449763
The world looks so empty.
>>
>>341449763
>Implying that's Dio.
It's kraftworks if anything.
>>
>>341452401
Apparently its empty on purpose
>>
>>341447071
>why does the new Zelda look so good

It doesn't, you're just being drawn in by TECHNOLOGY. Same thing with the fire mechanics, fire propagation was done years ago.
>>
>>341447071
Its still bullshit that they hyped this game up for years as one of the main reasons to own a Wii U, and now they're giving Wii U owners the shitty version of the game.
Fuck them, they don't care about their fans.
>>
>>341452654
>now they're giving Wii U owners the shitty version of the game

The Wii U version and the NX version will be the same, anon.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-on-wii-u-and-nx-will-be-t/1100-6440876/
>>
>>341448379
>that one sleight in Re:CoM that made the game easy mode
>>
>>341447071
You're retarded.
>>
>>341452732
Better hardware obviously leads to better performance.
Also you're delusional if you don't think they'll give the NX version some special feature. They need to sell the new console somehow. Wii U owners won't buy it just for Zelda, especially after how badly they got burned with Wii U. And non-core Nintendo fans don't have a reason to buy it at all.
>>
Pretty sure that recent Quantum Something game did it before Zelda.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 282x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 282x318
>freeze Boulder
>it's still moving along with the Earth in its gravitational pull, and therefore isn't frozen
Shit game
>>
>>341453019
>Better hardware obviously leads to better performance.

There's literally no indication the NX will have better hardware. Especially with what is being said about the NX.

I'm not being delusional, I'm just going by what Aonuma said.
>>
>>341452401
They intentionally removed all towns/villages/characters/story from the E3 demo because they don't want to spoil anyone yet.
>>
Is there footage of someone getting hit by it yet? They mentioned dying to it on the stream but I haven't seen it happen.
>>
>>341453138
>Implying zelda world is not a Disk over two elephants.
>>
>>341452526
>>341453418
Neither of these are entirely true - it's not they removed NPCs or towns, it's that they intentionally chose an area that didn't have them. That area is supposed to be as empty as that.
>>
Reminder that if it doesn't instantly ragdoll you, you'll be able to go for a ride on whatever object you choose and go soaring through the air.
>>
YOU COULD DO THIS IN JAK 3 TO LAUNCH YOU CAR REALLY FAR
>>
>>341452401
Literally what do you want to see in the middle of nowhere?
>>
>>341453138
Those chains that appear tether it
>>
>>341452654
Now that I see what types of mechanics they put in the game, I think they're totally justified in delaying the game. It's obvious from their first demo of the game, that it didn't feature any of these things. They had a nifty horse mechanic, and that ability to jump from the horses back. That's all they fucking showed. It was a lame display. But honestly, that's just about what one could reasonably expect after the development of Stagnant Sword.

Then they're like "We got a bunch of new ideas guys, please bear with us". And now what to we see? A bunch of really cool shit! mechanics that NO ONE imagined would be in a Zelda game. I believe they needed time to develop those mechanics. If they forced the game out early, then it would have been a massive blunder.
>>
>>341456506
Not saying they should've forced the game out early. I'm saying they shouldn't have forced Wii U owners to choose between buying a new expensive console, or playing the clearly inferior version of the game. It shouldve stayed a Wii U exclusive. This is how they repay their loyal fans who stuck with them through hard times, by cucking them with an inferior version of Zelda. That is really shitty of them.
>>
WHO /HYPE/
http://www.strawpoll.me/10485243/
>>
>>341447071
Quantum Break had this, but with better usefulness.
>>
File: 1413827002591.png (61 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1413827002591.png
61 KB, 633x758
>all this cool shit that will definitely not make it into release
>>
>>341456867
From what I have read on various sites through out the past year is that the NX will essentially be a console/handheld. Sorta like that dreamcast gimmick. If it is essentially a fully functional handheld like the 3ds and a wii U combined with better processing/power, I would be interested in trading in my current Wii U for that.

If it is just a console, I will still probably buy it.
>>
>having to climb Ubisoft towers to open up markers on your map

yo fuck new zelda
>>
>>341457462
What makes you say that?
>>
>>341447071

seriously these threads are driving me crazy. do nintendrones really only play 1 console? they've never seen stacking damage being unleashed on an item in a game before? jesus christ the sheer levels of autism and cognitive dissonance are astounding
>>
First time I want to play a Zelda game. Too bad there isn't anything else worth my time on Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>341448038

I fucking hate this fanbade
>>
>>341449029

because nintendo fans are autistic retards
>>
>>341457589
I'll pick one up eventually. But after how badly I got burned with the Wii U and its droughts, I definitely won't be getting an NX for a couple of years after launch at least.
>>
>>341457668
Do you really expect E3 hype to be the final version of what we get?
>>
>>341457668
Just look at Nintendo's track record with Zeruda.
>>
>>341457852
Wonderful 101 is legit one of the best games of the last 10 years.

But yeah, I get why people don't want to buy the Wii U.
>>
>>341456867
I could get into why brand loyalty is FUCKING RETARDED. But that's another topic for another time.

You shouldn't take Zelda's NX porting as a slight against you. Because if you're as loyal as you say, you will be getting the NX anyway. And you want them to do well. You want newcomers to join Nintendo by purchasing their new console. A new -good- Zelda, is a big incentive to buy the console.

Also, if you were Nintendo loyal, then you would understand that the delays were necessary in order to develop a great product. And that it just so happened they neared completion of development around the time the NX was ready. It's a matter of convenience. Not a malicious move against you.

If Zelda was the console seller for you for the Wii U, then that's pretty much your fault. You bought a console before the game you wanted had a release date. You should never buy a console before the game you want is set to come out soon. What the hell is even the point in that? Just so you can show a corporation how much they're loved?
>>
>>341457748
>OTHER GAMES DID IT FIRST SO IT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE! MOOOM TELL THEM TO STOP BEING EXCITED!!
>>
>>341448038

So, just because Oblivion didn't bother to give player access to the ability, this 'legitimately clever' facet of the Oblivion physics are suddenly irrelevant?

You're an idiot. Both games have the functional mechanic. Nintendo doesn't get credit just because they made a button run the same function.
>>
>>341457462
Why wouldn't it?
It's obviously going to be used for puzzles and boss fights and shit. This is a major game mechanic.
>>
>>341448826
What's the secret to avoid sad panda agaIn?
>>
>>341460916
Vote for Trump and you'll never see the panda again
>>
>>341460916
Make a fucking account
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.