[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yakuza ZERO is going to fail commercially, big surprise. Th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 15
Yakuza ZERO is going to fail commercially, big surprise.

They had a presentation on it, and have another, but neither are streamed. Their stalls are mostly empty at E3 as well.

Do they have advertising or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4s5_Xshgw0
>>
Wow, didn't even know
>>
How much y5 sold?
>>
File: 1456230205708.png (681 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456230205708.png
681 KB, 1280x720
They showed it off yesterday on the Sony stream with Nagoshi.

Everyone in twitch chat was going "wtf is this garbage" or "where's destiny"
>>
Is there a demo?

EZA made it sound so awesome.
>>
>>341433358

fucking disgusting
>>
>>341433358
wish I could say i'm surprised
>>
>>341433358

Video games are dead.
>>
>>341433527

nah twitch is just as cancerous as youtube
>>
>>341433358

Wish I knew about that damn..
>>
It appeals and sells to the existing yakuza fanbase. since they're releasing the games again hopefully they've just come to accept it by now
>>
>>341433358

is there a link?
'
>>
>>341432296
The game isn't cinematic enough and the main character doesn't have a daughter, also it has actual fun gameplay plus it's a japanese game that doesn't pander to JRPG fans.
No wonder Americans are not interested.
>>
>>341434131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mikf3bYiY8
>>
>>341434460

>that dude on the left

nigga why would you wear that shirt
>>
>>341434609
hey buddy my wifes son bought me this shirt
>>
>>341434376
>cinematic enough

lol this game has longer and more cutscenes than last of us

THAT'S THE FUCKING IRONY
>>
It's not going to fail anymore than the others did. Yakuza only sells to already established Yakuza fans at this point. They probably know that.
>>
Did anyone manage to beat the golf minigame in Yakuza 2?

I did but only because I played it on an emulator and used save states which I reloaded probably close to hundreds of times.
>>
>>341435180
I love Yakuza but I never really play most of the minigames after the one time for shits n giggles.
>>
>>341432296

I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm going to have to import every game after 0. I mean I've done it with Kenzan, Ishin and Kiwami so it's not the end of the world, but it's still kind of sad.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftPFPcu_K0

Check Huber said about Yakuza 0, fun as fuck.
>>
>>341435173

But how long can they keep it up for? I sometimes get the feeling that they keep releasing them out of some small hope that the series will finally catch on. But it just doesn't seem like that will ever happen, these games are probably just "too Japanese" for the average Western gamer.

Now if this were Koei Tecmo, then I wouldn't have too many worries, since they seem to localize everything, even if it's something that will probably have low sales. But Sega on the other hand strikes me as one of those publishers that will eventually think "enough is enough".

I hope I'm wrong though.
>>
>>341432296

I forget what I was gonna say because of this stupid copy paste captcha shit
>>
>>341436089
They release sonic every year. So I don't know about "enough is enough" plan.
>>
>>341435180
>golf minigame
Never ever. Fuck golf in yakuza, that shit is impossible. Someone told me that n 3 it was easier and I still can't do it.
>>
>>341436348

Doesn't Sonic still sell better than Yakuza?

Anyone know how well Sonic Boom did?
>>
>>341436531
Half a million.
>>
>>341436771

That's way more than that piece of shit deserved to sell. Isn't the highest selling Yakuza game in the west only at like 100k?

It would probably be depressing to see Yakuza 5's sales.
>>
>>341436995
I don't think they bring Yakuza to the west hoping for any high sales. They have the data, they know what to expect. That's why it was digital only.
>>
>>341436995
There's no way drag could expect good yakuza 5 sales with them making it digital download only on a console where most people have made the switch to next gen. Especially with the current industry focus on story and character driven games the yakuza franchise has the potential to be successful with decent marketing put behind it.
>>
>>341434701
Having more cutscenes doesn't make a game more "cinematic"

MGS4 had more cutscenes than MGSV but the latter was still more cinematic
>>
>>341432296
HE DOESNT LOCK ON IN BATTLES. HES MAKING THE COMBAT LOOK SHIT BECAUSE HE CANT PLAY IIT REEEEEEEEE
>>
Speaking of the mini games, which would you guys say was the hardest for you?

I have no idea how to win at mahjong, but that's just because I don't know how to play that game.

If we're talking about games that take pure skill, I'd say the Japanese fan dancing game from Ishin is the hardest for me. I still have no fucking clue how you're supposed to get the high score on the highest difficulties. It almost feels like it was designed for 2 people. Then again, I'm probably just shit at it.
>>
>>341437360
>potential to be successful with decent marketing put behind it
This. Yakuza 5 had a grand total of 1 trailer and 2 twitch stream to promote it.
Taking a year to release it since the PSX announcement pretty much killed off any hype/attention.
>>
>>341437464
I don't know if its just me but I dont really do the whole lock on thing either unless it's a 1-on-1 bossfight.
>>
>>341432296
I played through 1 & 2 and going through 4 now and I have no idea why this series isn't more popular.
>>
File: 1451237709064.jpg (46 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1451237709064.jpg
46 KB, 450x300
>>341437907
>Skipped 3

Just because people say it's the worst one doesn't mean you should just skip the entire thing.
>>
>>341437869
shogi. no fucking clue. i don't know how to play chess either so that doesn't help.

i love mahjong though, i'll play just that for days
>>
>>341437898
why wouldnt you, it allows you to focus your attacks and easily switch up between enemies and dodge. If anything, the boss fight is when you dont need to do it because theres only one enemy.
>>
>>341438128
I skipped it because by the end of 2 I was tired of Kiryu and 4 had new protagonists.
>>
>>341437869
Pretty much any Japanese gambling games. Chinchiro was fun.
>>
>>341434701
the extended cutscenes are my least favourite part about yakuza, I just wana roam around tokyo beating thugs up
>>
>>341437869
I don't understand most of the Japanese gambling games and probably never will.

Skill wise though, I've always had a really hard time with fishing and because of that, I will probably never truly 100% any of the games.
>>
>>341438128
Not him, but it doesn't do justice to the series. It starts really slow, I don't fighting that much in the first half of the game.
>>
>>341433358
>combat that looks actually fun
>awesome finisher attacks
>cool protagonist
>tits on the screen
>people still didn't like it

I'm so done with this planet
>>
>>341432296
Was worried they would cut the model mini game, glad to see it made it.

I'm so hype for this game. Definitely one of the highlights of E3.
>>
>>341438128
>>341438467

really? i started on 3 and loved it. i loved how comfy the first few chapters are too. taking care of the kids and becoming friends with that local gang who tried to banter with you
>>
I would have got Yakuza 5 if I still had my PS3. I'll get this in a heartbeat to help boost the sales. It's a shame that it'll never get the success it deserves.
>>
Am i the only one who enjoyed the hostess sidequest?Fuck hostess maker, that shit is tedious and unrewarding.
>>
>>341432296
This guy playing is shit at fighting.
>>
>>341438814
I didn't do it for a good while because I thought it was optional and I thought i'd end up fucking up.
>>
>>341438716
It's in no way bad, but you can't help but be disappointed when you were expecting a yakuza game.
>>
>>341438170

Shogi throws me off too.

Would you say mahjong is worth taking the time to learn for someone that doesn't know anything about it? I've been meaning to read that FAQ that Barticle wrote, but I always end up putting it off for another day. Does it feel rewarding to play once you understand it? It would be nice to finally get 100% for once.
>>
>>341439006
you should learn mahjong because it's actually a good game rather than just to 100% yakuza desu (although is hard to find people to play with irl)
>>
>>341438814

I've always seen the hostess stuff as just being lengthy substories, so doing them doesn't bother me at all. Too bad my JAVfu is retired so I'll probably never get to go out with her now.
>>
I've never played a Yakuza game but always been interested in the series.

My question to fans of the franchise: Does 0 look good in your opinion and would you buy it at launch?
>>
>>341439237
>Does 0 look good in your opinion and would you buy it at launch?

Definitely
>>
>>341439237
Going by the stuff I've seen it looks like a game I'd enjoy. I'll probably buy it at launch if I have the money for it.
>>
>>341439237
>Does 0 look good in your opinion and would you buy it at launch?

Yes, and it's a day one buy for me.
>>
>>341432296
I've only played yakuza 2 and while it was fun to play aside from a few issues, the story was way too anime-esque for my taste.

>punching tigers
>underground city ala big trouble in little china
>1 "crazy" dude holds off 100 guys
>a fucking building pops out the ground
>the yakuza being WAY more honourable than in real life
>the police having camera room like an evil super villain

Are the rest more realistic or just as stupid?
>>
>>341439237
just go emulate yakuza 1 or buy it if u can find an affordable copy/get on ps3.

If you think roaming around tokyo as a member of the yakuza sounds fun and you like beat em up gameplay with rpg elements

then this is a game you will enjy
>>
>>341438943
Nah. You just have to pay more if you fuck up the dialogues. As if hostess clubs aren't already expensive to begin with.
People shit on Dead Souls but i liked how you can bring the hostesses to the quarantine zones to kick zombie ass.
>>341439236
I heard there is no hostess club in Y0.
>>
The big problem with the Yakuza series in the west at this point is it's a huge, long series where each one DOES matter to the next. Almost everyone interested is put off immediately by the daunting task of now FIVE huge, long games to go through to be caught up, even if it's worth it and each is good.

Especially 2. I want another Yakuza as good as 2. 5 was close, but not quite as cohesive and just generally... I dunno, good.
>>
>>341439425
Yakuza 3 takes more of a realistic approach in the first half but it'll always be big, over the top in terms of the story. If you don't like that shit, you probably won't enjoy the other games.
>>
>>341439237
I have it it's the best game in the series
>>
>>341439425
It gets worse. But over-the-top scenarios is part of the charm of the franchise.
>>
>>341432296
pc version when
>>
>>341439006
I would say so. I knew nothing about it but learned with Barticle's faq and just playing over and over and over.
>>
>>341439531
Three had a thing at the start where you could recap what happened in the last two games so you're sort of brought up to speed with the story. I'm not too sure if the other games have it. 0 seems to be the best spot for new players because it's set before any of those games. Maybe those who were put off by the fact it being a long series might be OK with jumping into this one.
>>
>>341439137

Well some people do seem to get hooked to it, so I imagine it must be pretty fun. I guess the way I see it is mahjong is one of those things that's probably going to be in every single Yakuza game, so I may as well learn it so that I can finally 100% some of them, if I end up having fun with it in real life, then that's just a plus for me.
>>
>>341439531
I think people overstate the need to play previous "story" based games, it might not be the ideal play order but you can play any of them in any order to be honest.
>>
>Be a huge fan of Suzuki's, Fukasaki's and Kitano's yakuza movies.
>hear about this series that's supposedly pretty good

>it's some Saints Row tier over the top crazy weeb shit that makes no fucking sense in any context

why are nips so autistic
>>
>>341439680
Playstation Exclusive.
>>
>>341439506
>I heard there is no hostess club in Y0.

Yeah, so I've heard. From my understanding 0 doesn't seem to have as much content as some of the other Yakuza games, but I'm not sure how true that is.
>>
File: 1464372967039.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464372967039.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>341432296
LEWD
E
W
D
>>
>>341439591
>>341439637

Ah fuck. I'll pass then.
>>
>>341439919
Well guess what son

Kitano is appearing in Yakuza 6
>>
Y0 presentation was really good. It's beyond my mind how it could turn people off.
>>
>>341439237 here, I'm gonna keep my eye on it and probably get it, cheers boys.
>>
>>341432296

Maybe because the new game looks like garbage
>>
>>341439971
I suppose that is true since 0 was made from ground up with a new engine. Not to mention certain subquest like massage parlour and batting center would not fit with the 80's vibe.
>>
>>341440787
Y0 is on Y5 engine.
>>
>>341439919
>it's some Saints Row tier over the top crazy weeb shit that makes no fucking sense in any context

That's mostly just 2 that gets really crazy at times. The other games have their moments, but I'd say the pacing in Yakuza is often very similar to a lot of Asian crime dramas.

That's not to say that the plots can't get convoluted or that all of the plot twists are always good. But if you aren't just shitposting, I'd say give some of them a play, who knows, you may end up enjoying them more than you think.

Then again, I don't see how a game made specifically for Japanese people is "weeb", so I'm assuming you're just here to shitpost.
>>
>>341440787
they didn't have massage parlors and batting centers in the 80s?
>>
To be fair technically it's an already released game so why would journalist give time to this?
>>
>>341441082

I'm just saying that i enjoy the Yakuza Papers movies series, and they are realistic and gritty as fuck, while sometimes being hammy because of Asian sense of drama.

I was looking thorugh PSN and they released one of these games for PS3 and i looked it up and it was WAY too over the top, while i had in mind something similar to the 70's yak crime movies.

I don't want this

>>341439425

And had the same question if all the games are crazy Saints Row anime crazy weeb bullshit.
>>
>>341441249
I'm no Japanese nor expert on the subject matter but i would imagine people preferring luxurious pastimes in the 'bubble' period.
>>
>>341439531
I started with 3 and I had no problems understanding anything. Only played 3 and 4 because muh backlog, but 3 was better than 4 for me. Having only one protagonist made the combat much more focused and I actually like the beginning with the kids, made me like everyon in the game very quick. I'm a sucker for kids in vidya though and I can understand why someone wouldn't like it.
>>
>>341440787

Wait, there's not batting center in 0? Not sure what to think, I mean on one hand I'm terrible at it on the other, it's one of those things that I'm used to always being there.
>>
>>341441693
4 was bad because they made the combat easy as cake because new protags with smaller movelist. I had to put champion rings on everyone to make it playable.
>>
>>341441802
I remember seeing it on one prerelease video. I doubt they would take it away.
>>
>>341441802
No way are they taking batting cages away, considering Majima is playable.
>>
I really hope it does well, I really do...
>>
>>341432296
Yakuza is not for western audience.
>>
>>341433358
Last year at Sony's E3, when they showed Rez VR, I saw everyone in the Youtube stream chat spamming "Turn it off" or "Stop showing this!".
>>
LET'S GET
TO THE TOP

OY!
OY!

LET'S GET
TO THE TOP!
>>
>>341441870

You'll probably enjoy Kiwami then, if it ever gets localized that is. Some of the fights in that game can get nasty on the higher difficulties.

I mean you can still Komaki parry the shit out of everything so it's not perfect. But a lot of the bosses and enemy mobs don't go down without a fight anymore. High ranked Majima in particular will fuck you up if you get careless.

I'd say it's the hardest Yakuza game, though I know that's not saying much.
>>
>>341441543
>And had the same question if all the games are crazy Saints Row anime crazy weeb bullshit.

If the rest are more crazy than Yakuza 2 then pass.
>>
File: Goda.jpg (286 KB, 1000x557) Image search: [Google]
Goda.jpg
286 KB, 1000x557
Why do people like this guy again? His character is 1 dimensional and his entire motive was to prove he's a better fighter than Kiryu. Terada was a better character than this guy.
>>
>>341441543
Stop spewing buzzwords you mongoloid.
>>
>>341442743
I have a feeling Sega will bring Kiwami over.

Having tighter combat is always a good thing but every boss has this nasty ability to go into this stance where they heal quickly and have hyper armor.

The only way to break this state is to use the Kiwami Heat moves which is tiresome to watch because the bosses will attempt to heal more than once.I hope Y6 will fix up those QTE's
>>
>>341443527

Oh man, the bosses being able to heal really got old by the end of the game. I hope they keep the more aggressive enemies, but get rid of that shit in 6.
>>
>>341443034
>mongoloid.
you first.
>>
>>341439237
I'm getting it day one.
>>
>>341443734
Could you grab the boss out of that state? Or maybe use a weapon Heat move?
>>
>>341443527
>I have a feeling Sega will bring Kiwami over.
I feel the opposite. I think they'll go right to Yakuza 6, since it has "next-gen" advantage, potentially use PS4 Neo capabilities and it's actual numbered title.

I want to see localized Kiwami as well, but it's pretty much just a budget release while rest of the team worked on Y6 assets. A rehash you could call it.
>>
How you would rate Yakuza 5: Yume Edition with the rest?
>>
>>341444427

From what I remember, no. When the boss goes into their healing stance you need to switch to the corresponding stance and use your special heat action on them asap. If you don't, the bosses can often gain back almost an entire health bar.

It's very important to always carry heat restoring items with you in Kiwami.
>>
>>341444525
I'm pinning my hopes on Yakuza 0. If it does well then people would like to see more of the characters in the next part of the story. Gonna get dem feels on Nishiki jumping from 0 to Kiwami.
Actually I'll be fine with Kiwami on Digital, so long as we have it in english.
>>
>>341444590
I think Y4 did a game with multiple characters better.
>>
File: 1464072091913.gif (197 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
1464072091913.gif
197 KB, 348x490
Maybe they should go and work on Binary Domain 2 instead.
>>
>>341444895
>2 steps forward 1 step back
This is a terrible mechanism. You throw in styles to have more variety but constrict yourself to utilizing specific heat actions to bosses. Why would they do this?
>carry heat restoring items
I can almost understand since you gain heat so easily in previous games that heat restoring items are rendered useless.
>>
>>341444590
I'd say 5 is the second best game in the series with 0 being at top.
I'm really glad we got 5 since it's a fantastic game, though I do think it drags on for too long in some spots.
>>
>>341433358
video games are dead
>>
>>341439425
None of those things are bad. What the fuck are you expecting? A grimdark simulation or something or something?
>>
>>341445350
Today's Sega Europe conference. With actual stream this time. Think we'll have something?
>>
>>341445883
Didn't mean to quote.
>>
>>341445883
Oh shit. What time is it starting?
>>
>>341446007
Less than 3 hours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdwG9_q1cuY
>>
>>341445342

Yeah, I agree. I get what they were going for, but I was not a fan of these changes. If the demo for 6 is anything to go by, the bosses thankfully wont pull that shit anymore. But that is a very early version from my understanding, so things could unfortunately change.
>>
>>341438508
It looks like a cheesy PS2 game on a shoestring budget. Writing and voice acting are awful, and graphics, physics, animations, and clipping are all horrendous.

I was interested in Yakuza (never played before) but that gameplay truly looked like unpolished, low-budget, hacked together garbage
>>
>>341446207
Thanks m8
>>
yakuza has too much yamato-damashii for the common gaikokujin
>>
>>341446287
Speaking of Y6 demo, I wonder what feedback they got from fans. Since for Valkyria they already confirmed changes.
>>
>>341439929
>Playstation Console Exclusive.
fixed as per PSX announcement
>>
>>341446697
Did they ask for feedback?
Because it was crap. They changed too much of the battle system
>>
>>341446697

I'm curious about this too. Some of the changes in 6 did not appeal to me, especially the way they did heat actions.
>>
>>341446942
Yeah, it was the point of both Valkyria and Y6 demos (along with selling remaster and remake)
>>
>Baka gaijins so used to AAA realistic games, complaining about graphics and realism
>Not understanding these games are made with the Japanese audience in mind

At this point some AAA company should do a DmC and i will not be surprise if it sells better.
>>
>>341447383
Fortunately it's not going to happen with Yakuza
>“Appeal too much to international players and Japanese players will say things like ‘The Yakuza I know and love is no more,’ which is what I want to avoid. So, the feeling that these games are made for Japanese men is unchanged.”
>>
>>341447840
>Japanese men

sexist as fuck
>>
>>341447989
And that's why women like the games.
>>
>>341448092
Reminder that 20% of the fans are women.
>>
>>341447989
Speaking of Yakuza and woman.
>"What was unexpected was that the number of female players has increased. Currently, about 20% are female players.”
>“While that is something to be happy for, Yakuza is something that is made for male players, so we will be careful not to be too conscious of the female users and derail from what we want to make. Lately, there’s been a lot more players from Asia as well. That means we need to appeal more to Asia, but not focus too much on that, too.”
>>
>>341447383

I'm pretty sure at this point Westerners only care about good graphic and very little else. The majority of games shown at E3 this year had to be some of the blandest most soulless things I've seen in my 26 years of gaming.

I for one am glad that Yakuza games are "dated" and don't appeal to the dudebro demographic. The last thing we need is more of those faggots in these threads.
>>
>>341448545
But we need sales to get our games.
>>
>>341432296
sega wants it too fail in the west that way they can say that westerners don't want and they wont have to pay for its localization anymore
>>
>>341448420
Based. Didn't Nagoishi said the main demographic of the game is aged 20-40?
>>
>>341448836
sony is footing the bill so I dont think they give af
>>
>>341448748

Let's be honest, the shooter loving, graphics whoring 15 year old kids that make up a huge segment of the gaming population were never going to be interested in a "gook shit" series like Yakuza in the first place. I've accepted that this series will always sell poorly in the West.
>>
Yakuza games suck. Dogshit walking simulator with ps1 tier beat em up gameplay. You people have such trash taste, you'll eat up anything. Literally witcher 3 tier shit.
>>
>>341448545
>blandest most soulless things I've seen in my 26 years of gaming.
Welcome to modern gaming and enjoy your stay.

In all seriousness, video game companies are business models for investors and they had to appeal to the mass to maximize revenue hence streamlining of the genre.
>>
>>341448929
It was mainly people in their 30s, but since Ishin there's increase in players in their 20s.

It's amazing how Yakuza somehow works out everywhere, except of the west.
>>
>>341449446
Nah. Here's your answer>>341449130
>>
>>341449130
Everyone needs to accept it, especially sega

The games are just too damn japanese. Like most normies can't even grasp the concept of hostess clubs. The best they could do is just make as many people aware of it as possible so that when people say "yakuza" they don't go "huh?". There are probably many weebs out there that haven't gotten into the series yet

also fuck they need to remake 1 and 2 or release a compilation of games and localize it to us, it's pretty hard for new players to get into into yakuza 3 or 5 if they never played 1 and 2 on ps2
>>
I'm excited for this game but I've always said they should have released it earlier in the PS4 lifespan when people had nothing else to choose from.
>>
File: 1425849756548.jpg (125 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
1425849756548.jpg
125 KB, 970x546
>mfw I just found out that Hideki Naganuma did music for the PSP games

https://soundcloud.com/hideki-naganuma/hideki-naganuma-your-knife-feels-good

I should really get around to playing these.
>>
>>341449446

I'm kind of surprised a game about Japanese history is what it took to attract the 20 year old demographic.

Is it safe to say that a lot of the people in your average Yakuza threads are usually older than the average /v/ poster? I'm 30 myself, so I guess I'm part of their main audience.
>>
>>341449779
Nagoshi doesn't give a flying fuck about western players, kids or even woman as long as it does well enough as it is right now in Japan.
>>
File: kazuma.png (133 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
kazuma.png
133 KB, 450x450
>>341450035
maybe, I'm 24
>>
>>341437252
If they want to boost sales they should brink Kiwami west and market it, since is a remake of the original it would be a great point for new people to try it out.
>>
>>341450035
31 here.
>>
>>341449942
The PSP games cannot come soon enough. It had tons of idea unique to the spin off at that time which Yakuza 5 and the later games took on board.
Tatsuya is a dick though.
>>
>>341449446
>It's amazing how Yakuza somehow works out everywhere, except of the west.

The marketing fucked them over from the start

I remember gaming magazines in the past talking about the first Yakuza like "it's just like GTA but in Japan!" and it's nothing like that

I fell in love with the series cause I thought the story was cooler and I loved brawling more than shooting

>>341450415
I want Kiwami in the West because frankly the first one aged pretty badly
>>
I tried playing 4 but it reminded me too much of a shitty Japanese crime movie I dropped so I quit playing it.
>>
File: 1464949013830.png (43 KB, 225x284) Image search: [Google]
1464949013830.png
43 KB, 225x284
>>341450035
my first yakuza is yakuza 5 though and I haven't finished it yet
>>
>>341450590
Go back to your Bioware containment threads, faggot.
>>
>>341450035
>20 year old demographic
That says alot about why Yakuza game would not fly in the Western market.
>>
>>341450759
I just don't like live action Japanese shit and this game was written like live action Japanese shit.
>>
>>341450035
I got the first time with Yakuza when I was 14 and I instantly fell in love. My first one was 4.

What convinced me to buy it was a demo. I didn't even know it was an open game like that so it surely surprised me. I kind of bought it on a whim about 1 or 2 weeks from release.
>>
>>341450534
>"it's just like GTA but in Japan!"

God, I still hear this shit every once in a while. It drives me up the wall.

Then again, I get that most normalfags probably wouldn't understand what the fuck you were talking about if you told them "it's like Shenmue mixed with River City Ransom".
>>
File: 1465691578940.png (318 KB, 496x559) Image search: [Google]
1465691578940.png
318 KB, 496x559
>>341450035
25 here. For me it's pure adult wish fulfilment.

>ywn kick the shit out of random thugs
>ywn get drunk with your favourite hostess
>ywn have a daughter like haruka
>>
File: 1404319072242.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1404319072242.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>341450035
24, picked up Y4 in a sale last year for 5 bucks and I'm in love.
>my face when I did a heat attack for the first time
>>
>>341452089
>haruka
>daugtheru, not waifu

You are doing it wrong, Anon.
>>
>>341450035
23 here. I love Asian crime dramas and Yakuza is one of a kind in video game form. However i wish the story kept to the crime syndicate feeling Yakuza 1 and 2 had.
>>
>>341452707

Please do not sexualize the Haruka.
>>
>>341450035
I first started playing the games when I was 15-16. I'm 20 now.
>>
>>341452707
Fuck off Yumi Unita.
>>
>>341452896
But I only want to hold hands and cuddle with her.
>>
I love the Yakuza games, damn shame.
>>
Why is Daigo such a jobber? Will he do it again in 6?
>>
File: grawr1280.jpg (274 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
grawr1280.jpg
274 KB, 1280x720
>>341453091

That's fine. But you'll have to take it up with his guy first. Good luck.
>>
File: 1458619563981.gif (648 KB, 215x266) Image search: [Google]
1458619563981.gif
648 KB, 215x266
>>341450035
I started playing when I was 19. I saw some videos on 4 and thought it was interesting so I decided to emulate 1. I was hooked almost immediately.
>>
>>341453389

>Will he do it again in 6?

Will the sun rise in the morning?
>>
Go back to shitkaku
>>
Have you convinced anyone IRL to play Yakuza games?
I convinced one friend solely by showing heat moves from 4. Currently working on other 3. Hoping for chain reaction.
>>
>>341433358
This is why they dont show that much Japanese games on E3 anymore.
>>
>>341453529
I'll do it, but I won't make the mistake of hurting any of his friends or kidnapping Haruka. Then I will have some chances of surviving.
>>
>>341453986
I convinced my brother by showing him hyperbithero's video on the franchise
>>
>>341453986
I showed my brother the Dunky video on Yakuza 3.
>>
>>341453986
I told a friend it was like her japanese dramas.
>>
File: majima.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
majima.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>341446556
its a pretty fun brawler and has this madman you can play with in 0

the webm is from the yakuza 1 remake
>>
>>341453986
My friend bought my old PS3 off me a few years ago and I gave her Yakuza 3 along with it (since I couldn't trade it because it had a small crack on the inner ring). She loved it and is a big fan of the series.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.