[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assassin's Creed Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: QAF7rr_SHh_Ko.jpg (221 KB, 1280x763) Image search: [Google]
QAF7rr_SHh_Ko.jpg
221 KB, 1280x763
What's your opinion on the Assassin's Creed games so far, /v/? What's your favourite? What's your least favourite? And, what do you think what direction will they take once they release the movie?
>>
Good - 2, Brotherhood, 4

Trash - Everything else
>>
They are average. Fav is 4 ACS least fav is 3. I hope they don't go back to releasing 1 main line game a year again. The series has real potential, but I feel like it's being rushed out the door each time.
>>
File: Altair.jpg (150 KB, 521x1159) Image search: [Google]
Altair.jpg
150 KB, 521x1159
>>341422858
The concept is great, at least the historical parts, but it really feels clear they've backed themselves into a corner and like the Assassin Order, have no fucking clue where to go.

Also, Altair is my favorite assassin in terms of fashion.
>>
File: 1436620080747.jpg (152 KB, 1024x454) Image search: [Google]
1436620080747.jpg
152 KB, 1024x454
>>
>>341423173
The ending for Black Flag made me cry
>>
I haven't played the new gen games yet, but it's my favorite series.

The Ezio trilogy and the III/BF/Rogue stories are great.
>>
>>341423125
Altair is the only one whose outfit actually makes sense and is practical. The others are overdesigned shit.
>>
File: Haytham and Connor.png (895 KB, 1118x628) Image search: [Google]
Haytham and Connor.png
895 KB, 1118x628
Who is the best Templar and why is it Haytham?
>>
>>341423458
Aveline is a runner up, if only in the relative sense.

Ironic, given she's also the only one who bothers to change her clothing to blend in.

I guess Nicolai's does work too for the Russian climate, but the red details feel sort of gratuitous.
>>
>>341422925
Good - 2, 4, rogue, syndicate
So so - 1, brotherhood, revelations, 3, unity
Bad - everything else
>>
>it's another 4 is good meme
Even Rogue was better
>>
>>341422858
Wasted potential. They never finish the games, polish them, go the extra mile like Rockstar or CDPR. So even when the games are good, or excel in a certain area, there will always be something frustrating that takes you out of it.
>>
File: hold up one second.jpg (65 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
hold up one second.jpg
65 KB, 604x604
>>341422858
if someone says that they've never played ass creed before, I recommend two and only two games
>assassin's creed II
>assassin's creed IV: black flag

I tell them to avoid the third one at all cost and the rest are optional
>>
>>341426132
Brotherhood is good too, I prefer it over ac2.
>>
>>341422858
>What's your opinion on the Assassin's Creed games so far, /v/?

a wonderful benchmark to show how far and how fast video games have fallen.
>>
>>341426257
I liked the map better in AC2. venice was more fun than rome, which wasn't really rome. it was half a torned down city and the other half was open land. I get that is the whole point but it was a dull map nonetheless
>>
>>341422858
1 was disapointing but had potential and an interesting hook.

2 was great and improved in every way continuing an interesting story.

Brotherhood was the pinnacle with the story feeling like it was about to unravel and start coming together.

Revelations was just a shit ton of left over gimmicks but atleast had some of the story hook left.

3 was a shitshow that turned the story into typical 21st century lazy writing of making the MC Neo-Jesus.

Black Flag was fun game wise but in terms of narrative just showed that Ubisoft is winging it

Rogue felt like they were going for something fun and expanding on the game universe rather than advance the overall plot

Everything else just felt like it didn't fucking matter and Ubisoft was clearly just milking the cash cow
>>
I finished Black Flag some days ago and I found it fun, although I ended up a bit tired of the naval fights but maybe that's just me. Edward was pretty good too.
What should I expect with Unity and Syndicate?
>>
>>341427762
If you liked the ship stuff, then go with Rogue.
>>
>>341427762
Rogue is smaller but better IV
>>
>>341422858
I love Jade's game.
>>
Good - 2, BF, Rogue, Unity

Bad - the rest
>>
>>341428667
>Unity
Really?
>>
>>341428995
Not him, but Unity is at least decent after patches
>>
>>341428995
Post-bugginess and when it was stable as fuck? Hell yeah. The animations are so smooth and the combat, even in it's simplicity, still feels better than the button mashing of syndicate. It's better looking, Arno has an actual personality/goals, and it had the closest thing to make-your-own assassin present in the Assassin's Creed series.
>>
I want it to come back with a bang next year, or else it's really dead.

AC2, AC4 and Brotherhood are the best but I feel like AC1 belongs here as well, I'm one of the very few who absolutely loved it.

Revelations and Rogue as well as Syndicate are alright.

AC3 is the worst of the worst and Unity sucks as well but it atleast has better gameplay than 3.

My list 4u.
>>
>>341428995
>Better free running than Syndicate
>Better combat than Syndicate
>Co-op
>Skill trees done right

Yeah really
>>
What will the setting for the next game?
>But there is no game confirmed
>Implying Ubisoft isn't working on another game right now for next year
>>
>>341430096
WW2 France
>>
I miss Kenway.

Edward, I mean.
>>
>>341429539
I can't force myself to finish Syndicate. I just got stuck clearing all the side stuff like opening up the entire London. Also the brother is boring as fuck and Eve seems to have been the main focus when they were developing the twins. Also side characters are so boring and there is no real interaction between them. No co-op, boring weapons, once you unlock some cool weapon that you grinned for for hours will become useless because you did some other quest where you got blueprints for better stuff.

Why should I finish it?
>>
>>341430879
I never finished Syndicate. After clearing all the map stuff and I was level 10 everything became a breeze. I'm on sync chapter 5 I think?
>>
>>341430096
It's been known for a while now that it's Ancient Egypt.
>>
>>341430879
>the brother is boring as fuck

Are you fucking kidding? Evie is generic "I am monotone and also talk to myself out loud about my objectives. Oh dear, I must go kill that guard. I should go that way. I don't know that I can internalize my dialogue."
>>
>>341422858
Least favorite is Revelations for sure. I'm not sure that I could pick a favorite, though. The good games in the series each have different strengths.
>>
File: 1465294397128.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465294397128.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
Quality tier:
>AC2
>Brotherhood
>Black Flag

Decent tier:
>AC1
>AC3

Shit tier:
>Everything else
>>
>>341426506
>1 was disapointing but had potential and an interesting hook.

i know that AC1 was repetitive but i think it was better than the rest because there wasn't scripted shit going on also the health system doesn't make sense in the rest games if it made the missions look different but in core being the same it would be 10/10
>>
>>341432508
>that picture
Either the teacher/school is fucking horrible...

Or they want their students to grasp the horror of the trenches via juxtaposition.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much the former.

>tfw in these moments, I want to become a teacher just so I can show young teenagers just what the fuck trench foot looks like through a medical documentary and drive home how insanely cushy their lives are.
>>
Black Flag is best AC.
When you've crafted all your shit and you have like 7 gun holsters and you jump aboard an enemy ship and win by shooting every crew member in sight

feelsgoodman.jpeg
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.