[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it funny how a licensed game that's essentially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (227 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
227 KB, 1920x1080
Isn't it funny how a licensed game that's essentially paper mario manages to make more gameplay changes in a few years than the entirety of that franchise?
>>
>>341420364
What changed? I never got to play the first one.
>>
>>341420564
go play it mate.
>>
>>341420564
It's actually good. The new one went from standard turn based Jrpg to one where you move on a mini-board.
>>
>>341420364
It's funnier than it made more changes than their flagship series did over the course of 10 rehashes.
>>
New gameplay looks great.
>>
>>341420364
This game is super offensive.

Are the creators of South Park bad people?
>>
>>341420564
>What changed? I never got to play the first one.
Go try it out, it needs to be taken in small doses, but it's quite competent.
>>
File: 1465875330275.png (136 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1465875330275.png
136 KB, 300x300
>tfw I pirated the first game because Ubisoft

Does your SoT save carry over?
>>
>>341421494
Is there a gameplay trailer?
All I saw was the trailer with Cartman getting PC principal out of the garage
>>
>>341421673
Shit, that'd be cool, since you are still the New Kid from last game, with the same crown.
>>
>>341420364
aren't the drastic gameplay changes to Paper Mario the thing people are crying about constantly?
>>
>>341421714

Yeah, they talked about the game for about 10 minutes whilst showing gameplay. Should be on YT.
>>
>>341421673
I pirated the first game because it was censored in germany
>>
>>341421673
>Had to pirate because the game isnt available in my country
thanks ubisoft
>>
Just because it changed, doesn't mean it will be good. It's no longer by Obsidian, so there's a decent chance any new mechanics will be shit, or that the writing won't translate well into the game this time.
>>
>>341420364
How have the two South Park games had more changes between games than a series with five games, which changes from a good RPG, to an okay platformer, to a horrible RPG?

The fact that they keep changing the gameplay, instead of going back to the original gameplay, is exactly what's killing Paper Mario.
>>
>>341420364
Should I pirate it since it's censored in Australia?
>>
>>341421775
Because it went from quirky rpg to shitty watered down platformer
>>
>>341420364

i dunno i'd say the jump between TTYD and Super is much larger than this
>>
File: CAN'T_WAKE_UP.png (29 KB, 127x133) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T_WAKE_UP.png
29 KB, 127x133
>mfw my dad fucked my mom once
>>
>>341422253
It'll probably be 6 hours long anyway so you might as well
>>
>>341422831
>Implying your "dad" isn't a cuck and your mum isn't a breeder.
>>
I love that they're taking a shit out of genres. First one was fantasy and now this one is superhero. It's the Cornetto Trilogy all over again.

Wonder if they'll do sci fi next or something.
>>
>>341420364
I honestly cant wait.
Seem fun to bullshit over marvel autism while having solid gameplay.
>>
>>341423601
>Wonder if they'll do sci fi next or something.
>South Park Waifu Simulator
>>
>>341420564
first one is turn based RPG new one is tactics RPG
>>
>>341423834
>Seem fun to bullshit over marvel autism while having solid gameplay.

stick of truth was GOAT, tbqh. every single mechanic had a joke in it. hell the soundtrack had goddamn jokes. the enemies. the LORE descriptions.

i havent played it since 2-3 years ago, so my memory might be fuzzy, but it was still a funny as fuck game. better than any of that abortion of a jokes that aisha tyler has.
>>
>>341424106
Thread theme
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCjsYSJiYTk
>>
Radical changes in gameplay are usually not a sign of quality but rather a desperate move to make up for a bad game
>>
>>341424365
Jimmy was too OP
>>
>>341421853
>t-thanks ubisoft

They are not the one that decided swearing was haram, anon.
>>
>>341424662
Nah i actually followed the guys and they said it was extremely difficult to make the first game which knowing ubishit Im sure was.
They know the ins and outs by now and can handle the pressure of making a good game so i expect great followup.
>>
>>341421853
>game was censored in my country because another country that barely even shares your language at this point is offended by everything

thanks Germany
>>
>>341425085

Ubi actually pre-censored it just because of thinking what Germany will say without even asking, It's not the 90 here anymore, apart from the swastikas if they don't want to be THE one game maker/publisher who finally challenges the old vidya =|= art rule I don't see a problem that would have occurred for an M rated game.
>>
>>341424662
This.

The key here is that fractured but whole is stick of truth except with movement during combat. Not doing complete genre shifts like paper mario did.
>>
>Comes with a free version of SoT

When did Ubisoft turn good?
>>
>>341426478

It'll be Trey's doing.
>>
>>341426478
>Don't need uplay for SoT
>>
>>341426478
That's definitely Matt and Trey's doing. If it was Ubi it was just be discounted and need UPlay.
>>
>have to pre oder the second game on u-play to get the first one free

Fuck
>>
File: livealive.jpg (56 KB, 500x229) Image search: [Google]
livealive.jpg
56 KB, 500x229
It's literally Live a Live combat which is like the best thing ever
>>
>>341421673
Me too, and I'll do it again
>>
I thought the problem with Paper Mario was that they KEEP changing shit when everyone that's not Nintendo wants The Thousand-Year Door again.
>>
>>341427325
>matt
reminder hes literally jewish
>>
>>341421831
There were fix patches out for that super early though.
The censorship was still awful.
>>
>South Park goes from Contextual Action Based RPG to Grid Based RPG
>Paper Mario goes from Contextual Action Based RPG to RPG Platformer to Item Based RPG

I don't think your point holds much water OP.
>>
>>341429043
https://youtu.be/jXi7f9k0djI?t=72
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.