[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What MMOs are you wasting time with, /v/? >fuck around on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 33
File: godzilla rips a fat one.jpg (144 KB, 800x385) Image search: [Google]
godzilla rips a fat one.jpg
144 KB, 800x385
What MMOs are you wasting time with, /v/?

>fuck around on Skyforge
>aware that it's a huge grind but got a bunch of free shit
>free class token lying around I have no idea what I should use with
>at least the game looks nice
>>
File: 2016-01-17_00001.jpg (350 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17_00001.jpg
350 KB, 1280x1024
>>341420224
>Playing elder scrolls online with a friend since they bought it for me while on sale
>Had bought into all of /v/'s hate hype
>Log in
>Found myself able to kill a surprising number of friendly NPCs
>Get in trouble with the law
>Steal shit
>Still could make (admittedly limited) selection of choices
>Dwemer shit doesn't look boring
>armor aesthetics are pretty nice and can mix and match multiple styles per-strength tier so I'm not stuck on Daedric Edge armor
>no load screens into major cities
>It's actually better than vanilla Skyrim or vanilla Fallout 4
>Dragonknight feels more dragon-y than being the fucking Dragonborn
>ultimate bonus: able to play with my friend

I suppose in a way, this says more about Skyrim than it does about ESO.
>>
>>341420995
At least you enjoy it.
>>
>>341420224
Currently nothing, tempted to return to FFXIV but I'm pretty sure I'll get bored after 3 days.
>>
File: 6ce.png (137 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
6ce.png
137 KB, 350x350
Been playing Project 1999 (EQ1)

Man, they just don't make the persistant open fantasy worlds like they used to.

>MFW camping spawns
>>
>>341420224
I havn't played any since I lost interest in Warframe. Was thinking of getting into Secret World but that stopped being free to play and I'd rather spend money on single player games
>>
File: 207.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
207.gif
2 MB, 316x213
>>341420224
I've tried Aion, Tera, D&D Neverwinter, GW2, Rift, Warframe, Runescape, WoW, Global Agenda, Age of Conan, and probably a dozen more I can't remember the names of.

Currently playing none of them.

The entire genre is more stale than 10 year old bread.
>>
>>341423330
Old RIFT was pretty nice.
>>
File: sleeper-wyverns.jpg (76 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sleeper-wyverns.jpg
76 KB, 1024x768
>>341423330
Its not your fault, the MMO genre was fucked hard by WOW.

I mean, early WOW was a good game, but since they became big everyone wants to be WOW, while WOW has ruined the genre by setting the metagame trends that just ruin the game.

MMORPGs should be about vast open fantasy worlds where everyone runs about adventuring, but now its all about the endless grind with no substance or adventure, I mean its true that the age of information, endless wiki's and spoilers everywhere kind of makes that design philosophy pointless, but at the same time no one even tries anymore.

EQN was the last big hope on this front, but sadly that was canned before it could live.
>>
Currently only playing Eve. And yes, I may be autistic.
>>
>>341424209
How is it?
>>
File: 1503.gif (2 MB, 394x218) Image search: [Google]
1503.gif
2 MB, 394x218
>>341423750
I remember trying Darkfall around 5-6 years ago.

I only played for like 3 days, but it seemed like they nailed the "objectiveless" open world exploration feeling, since pretty much nothing was marked on the relatively large map, until you actually went out and blindly explored.

I also liked the completely open PvP gameplay. Made exploration and player encounters exciting and unpredictable.

Anyone know what Darkfall is like today?
>>
>>341424568
It's fun if you have friends to play it with. There's quite a large time investment to understand the majority of mechanics in the game, but I really like that depth. Plus, there are lots of newbro friendly corporations that will help you learn and grow in the game.

Don't believe what some say, it's not too late to start playing.
>>
File: Cf8dTnmUsAA52Th.jpg:orig.jpg (320 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
Cf8dTnmUsAA52Th.jpg:orig.jpg
320 KB, 1060x1500
>>341420224
The 'JUST' you
>>
>>341425021
haah waaw
>>
>>341423750
>the MMO genre was fucked hard by WOW.

Ive never even tried WOW but at this point I'm too scared to throw myself into what looks like an all-consuming money pit
>>
>>341427113
Dont, WOW is shit now.

If you join you'll get hooked by blizzards amazing art style, but then sit down and and realize you're bored as fuck but can't stop playing.

WOW is a horrible, horrible game.
>>
>>341427454
This is exactly what one of my friends has told me. I don't like the idea of paying monthly fee's on an endless online game when I've already got a 400+ Steam game backlog
>>
>>341423750
You won't have that experience ever again, mmo's "mainly wow" have pit the mindset on players that theu must be rewarded for everything they do and if they can't get the best things then why bother.
>>
anyone playing skyforge?
>>
>>341420224
planetside 2
>>
What I don't get is why so many MMOs are so similar. There must be tons of game genres that could benefit from a massively multiplayer player base.

I think Rocket League is a good example of an online game that tried something different and was successful with it. Not all MMOs have to be the tab targeting types like WoW, you know?

For example, I like TCGs but I live in New Zealand and there's fuck all people to play against outside of events and conventions. I'd love a good MMO TCG. I can play with as many people as I want and I don't have to deal with setting up and packing up when playing either. Hell, make it free to play but you can buy booster packs. That's no different from buying booster packs for more cards in real life.

I also like SRPGs. Why not make an MMO SPRG? Make your own customisable units and then fight against other players. Have different game modes like 2 v 2 or something. How to make money off it? Sell cosmetics so you can play dress up with your army. I guarantee someone will spend a small fortune making a harem of waifus.

Seriously, there are a whole bunch of opportunities for having games where you can play online with lots of people. But everyone does the same thing over and over.

Recommend me something different. If there are online SRPGs or TCGs then I haven't heard of'em!
>>
>>341420995
ESO is actually pretty fun. Way better than unmodded Oblivion/Skyrim.

It was definitely worth the $10 I spent on it, plus the $40 I spent on expansion packs.
>>
File: shards online.jpg (251 KB, 1268x840) Image search: [Google]
shards online.jpg
251 KB, 1268x840
>>341428497
You don't have to worry about that anymore. The AAA MMO is dead. Now it's all crowdfunding, and the genre is infinitely better off for it.

There's tons of innovative sandbox MMORPGs coming out

Crowfall
Dual Universe
Identity
Gloria Victis
Star Citizen
Pantheon
Shards Online
Albion Online
Chronicles of Elyria
The Repopulation

Look into those. They're inspired by Ultima Online/Star Wars Galaxies/EVE Online
>>
>>341428497
When we talk about MMO, in general, we're talking about MMORPGs.

also
>MMO TCG
MTGO and many other MTG clone games

>MMO SRPG
Dofus and Wakfu

Whats really sad isn't that the MMORPG genre is dead, its just a hollow shell of what it used to be.
>>
File: brdmapg.jpg (213 KB, 600x880) Image search: [Google]
brdmapg.jpg
213 KB, 600x880
Don't get me wrong, I love a good sandbox MMO.

But I also really miss oldschool style themepark MMOs, Nost, and now project 1999 really make me miss old style RPGs all around
>>
File: weed lmao.jpg (41 KB, 706x466) Image search: [Google]
weed lmao.jpg
41 KB, 706x466
>>341429038
Project Gorgon is for you my friend, it's made by the creative director of Asheron's Call 1 and his wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8q1-vUrhg
>>
>>341420224
Black Desert. Working on getting my Grunil set to +15 and just fucking around.
>>
>>341428793
Thanks, I'll take a look.

That being said... Man, I'm not really into sandbox MMOs. They promise a lot of things but you're usually a lot more restricted than you'd think.

Plus there's like 50 of them that are early access and I'm not shelling out money for an MMO that MIGHT get finished.

Is Day Z still in beta?
>>
>>341423750
Honestly, I think guild wars 2 fits your description of what an MMO should be pretty well.
>party system is available for friends, but players are encouraged to help with each other out without worrying about who gets credit for the kill
>large maps with noticeable points of interest to explore as well as nooks and crannies off the map that are also interesting to explore
The big problem with gw2 is that there's not much endgame content, and the shitty publisher refused to throw more funding at the game to allow for more content. I still think it's a great game, even if it wasted some potential.
>>
File: okay.png (150 KB, 330x186) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
150 KB, 330x186
>>341429184
>You can be cursed to be a cow and play as a cow

Is this fucking real?
>>
>>341429474
Oh god no, fuck GW2, its everything I HATE about modern MMOs rolled into one shit package I still want my money and time back from

Worst MMO I ever touched, and yes I am him.
>>
>>341429323
You have to buy Black Desert, right? I generally approve of just buying it instead of paying subscriptions, since I don't play MMOs very often and subs make me feel like I have to play more to get my month's worth. If I just buy it, I feel like I have infinite time and chill more.

Would you say it's worth the price?
>>
File: sandbox mmo.png (147 KB, 620x397) Image search: [Google]
sandbox mmo.png
147 KB, 620x397
>>341429520
Yep, you can also be a deer/spider/pigeon and they're all viable

That's why I love my druid. Shapeshift at will, but it's like Jedi in Galaxies, it comes with a permanent penalty.

Also, they've added animal only towns and they have their own languages and shit. It's loads of fun and it's entirely free2play for now (with a no wipe alpha so your progression will last)
>>
>>341427621
Same here.

I quitted WoW just after the last expansion. Now I still got a lot of games to finish on my ps4/vita/3ds/pc and my friend is trying to hook me back into the game, but meh - fuck it.
>>
>>341428804
I heard Wakfu wouldn't let you of the starting area unless you paid or something, so I never tried it. I had no idea Dofus was an SRPG either.

I also never heard of MTGO either. Probably because I don't play MTG, but still. Thanks anon, I'll take a look around.
>>
>>341429649
What are these traits of the modern MMO that you hate so much that are all in gw2?
>>
File: 1459231852089.png (578 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1459231852089.png
578 KB, 960x540
>>341429846
Not him but I hate the design of the modern MMO where it's entirely content driven and you're only given what the devs give you (which we can complete faster than they can generate new content)

Compare it to a game like Ultima Online, or even Everquest 1, at least I could stay in between expansions and make my own fun.

WoW/GW2 are notoriously bad for this. "I just finished the new update, see you guys in 3 months when the 2.7 patch releases"
>>
>>341429846
The entire world is one giant list of fetchquest and the classes are boring as fuck.

And of course I go through the entire game without talking to a single other player, and when I do run into other players they just steal mobs.
>>
>>341429651
Most definitely the best mmo feeling mmo out there. The world is MASSIVE and feels so alive. There is so much to do so getting to max level isn't the biggest priority.

But B2P instead of P2P is a big plus. So yes
>>
File: black desert.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
black desert.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>341430192
>Black Desert
They ruined it before it even released
http://black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
>>
>>341429741
>>341429520

Too bad the controls and combat mechanics are clunky as shit.

If they fix that it could be a pretty good game.
>>
>>341429741
>social gameplay optional
I can't bring myself to hate that.
Doing a raid with some friends can be the greatest shit ever, but your friends aren't always available and MMOs have a tendency to attract the worst scum humanity has to offer.
>>
File: 1460348817933.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460348817933.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>341430315
I recall this happening to another KMMORPG that was supposed to be "modern Ultima Online" too (ArcheAge).

The only foreign MMO I have any hope for is Moonlight Blade, which is wushu mixed with EVE Online. The videos can't really showcase how much of a fucking sandbox this game is, but it really is different to what is being offered by other MMOs on the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnD8WGLRny4
>>
I touched a piece of shit called Echo of Soul once. I guess it'd be alright for ERP.

I mostly played it because I wanted to break the shit out of the nearest, newest/most recently localized MMO, and then I did and I got bored. Earthguard OP
>>
Been playing TOR and waiting for the final 2 chapters of KOTFE.

Just wanna kill that faggot Arcann already.
>>
I wish more games had Runescape's quests. Like only a handful of quests and quest series are mandatory for popular content and you have a flexible leveling system.
>>
>>341430709
I understand that, but why play a quest simulator where it has clunky gameplay because of the number of players that play the game when it doesn't take advantage of the fact that it has other people playing it?

I've had more interaction with players in 5 minutes of Gorgon than I've had in 5 years of World of Warcraft, and I can have a World of Warcraft-esque experience (with better gameplay) offline and without the login systems/subscription fees/cash shop.
>>
>>341430709
Good MMOs actually are really good about filtering out scum with casual filters and community blacklisting.

I remember ninja looters in vanilla getting black listed from every fucking PUG out there.
>>
>>341430315
Have you played it at all? They're adding buy orders which will dictate the price of items as is, siege and node wars are coming sometime this month which will be big. Valencia is still coming which adds a huge desert area. Player interaction is only as big as you want it to be, then again most MMO players are anti-social as is so don't expect any interaction unless you're willing to talk, and join a damn guild, make some friends.

>>341429651
You can find some free 7 day passes online with a quick google search, or if you don't mind there are redditors who give out theirs (since you get free ones when you buy the game) I don't get a lot of free time to play games anymore but BDO feels so fucking great. It has it's issues which are being worked on, most notably the hackers but the publisher is doing a great job in making the game play to win and not pay2win
>>
File: 1465783456762.png (444 KB, 1512x766) Image search: [Google]
1465783456762.png
444 KB, 1512x766
>>341431015
This is why my favorite MMOs are ones that emphasize community interaction through a single shard or locking players into the server they're playing on.

If you're an asshole, you should be punished. If you're a pillar of the community, you should be rewarded.

>>341431240
Yes i have played it and it's a grindy as fuck themepark with some minor sandbox elements. I'd much rather play anything on this list by sandbox anon
>>341428793
>>
>>341430057
>steal my mob
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Regardless of who hits the mob first, if you deal damage to it too, you'll get your own loot.
>fetchlists
As far as mmo's go, there really isn't much fetching. There's myriads of different formats to quests, and Everytime there's at least three different ways to complete the quest including: killing mobs, talking with NPCs, fixing up bases, using certain tools to take out different mobs, etc. You can choose between exploring the map in search of vistas and points of interest or going after quests. As you go after these things, events frequently pop up that you can pursue in search of a challenge or other players to play with.
In addition to this the dungeons are well designed and challenging.
I mean, the game's not perfect and it gets repetitive because of how no new content is introduced, but the base game is absolutely solid if they just made use of their full potential
>>
>>341431405
What's the status on star citizen? Last time I tried playing it my frames would drop to shit with my r9 390
>>
I miss Black Desert but that 7 days goes by quickly

Passing the time in Wildstar and BladeNSoul

Neither game is amazing but its something to do
>>
>>341431561
They just released the persistence patch that added a lot of the MMO stuff. It's fun. Go try it. I was able to do Star Citizen on my 390 2560x1440 at medium settings

My 1080 does 3440x1440 star citizen @ 40-50 frames relatively stable
>>
>>341431240
Even though you buy the game, there's a cash shop? Well, something has to cover the server costs I guess.

So what can you buy anyway? Or rather, how would you rank it on these four levels?

1: Cash shop is purely for buying fluff like cosmetics. It gives absolutely no advantage at all.

2: Cash shop sells things like EXP boosts. It gives an advantage to you but it doesn't put other players at a disadvantage

3: Cash shop sells things take take advantage of game features, like magic dust to prevent weapons from breaking during enchantments. Gives you an advantage, doesn't affect anyone else but it's hard to progress without it so you're arguably at a disadvantage unless you buy it

4: INFINITY GOD BLADE+20

Also, I checked the site and it seems there's two packages you can buy. Is it worth it buying the more expensive one?
>>
I still play maple.
save me from this hell
>>
File: angr.jpg (458 KB, 992x951) Image search: [Google]
angr.jpg
458 KB, 992x951
I hadn't played an MMO for years since I was so fed up with the genre.

Last year however, a friend convinced me to get the Archeage Beta. I did and it was really, really fucking good. Honestly one of the better games I had played in years.
Played a Multiclass Wizard, Bard, Rogue so I could heal and buff, throw out nukes and stealth.
Spent most of my time stealthing around and stealing other players loot. Stealthing onto Merchant Guild ships (Actual player controlled ships with thousands and thousands of gold worth of Trade Materials you could actually steal), waiting until they were deep in the sea, nuking their entire ship, then stand on their corpses playing music (you could play actual music in that game as a Bard). Funnily enough, if you got caught off guard by a Nuke Wizard, they could one shot you and your entire party.
Ended up going to prison a few times, which were also player controlled, even had a Judge and Juror filled with players.
Months down the track I ended up murdering too many players that I had a bounty on my head, so I had to leave my faction and join the Pirate Faction and go to Pirate Island. Ended up making my own Bandit Guild for Pirates only. We spent the majority of our time raiding in our own boats. By the end of the Beta, my pirate guild had an entire fleet of war ships. And we had dedicated Bards playing Pirate and Viking music on each ship. By then we were one of the most infamous Pirate guilds in the entire server. We even had guilds dedicated to hunting us, and or guilds that did pure protection work for merchant guilds.

Then release came and everything was ruined. Became one of the biggest pay to win games I have ever experienced. Never before have I felt so fucking mad.
>>
File: image_31.jpg (66 KB, 540x546) Image search: [Google]
image_31.jpg
66 KB, 540x546
>>341431945
>Luminous
Pure hell
>>
>>341428497
Honestly, a TCG MMO could be a working Pokemon MMO. It doesn't make playing the normal entries obsolete, has plenty of grind, and would have a playerbase by brand alone.
>>
>>341431962
>that feel
I know that feel all too well.
I was happy being a Merchant and Farmer with my cozy house.
>>
>>341432129
Not really. I play Reboot, so the farming is great. The bossing isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>341431846
Mix of 1 and 2, the cosmetics have some buffs that affect you slightly, like gaining combat exp 10% and durability reduction 10%, nothing game breaking and nothing that makes it pay to win. Plus the outfits look nice.
>>
>>341431945
My little brother and I used to play Maple Story when we were younger, but eventually we got tired and quit. We decided to go out in a blaze of glory.

Basically we just ran around yelling racist shit about Indians and then logged off forever.
>>
>>341431846
The most expensive one gives you some extra items, like a horse (which are easy to obtain or buy) and some dyes. I suggest the base one since everything that it brings is obtainable ingame
>>
File: bless you.png (138 KB, 1080x912) Image search: [Google]
bless you.png
138 KB, 1080x912
Honestly the only finished MMO I can recommend right now is Elder Scrolls Online. I mean, it's a themepark, but it does things well and it has a huge publisher backing it and has a ton of players and a ton of content. The PVP battle for imperial city stuff is GW2's WvW done right too.
>>
>>341431415
Except GW2 is the epitome of fetch quests.

The entire game has no narritive of exploration, its follow the map icons until you 100% the zone and/or move on.

If I wanted that i'd play modern WOW, but I dont want to because that quest design is shit.

I miss long epic questlines like EQ1 or even early WOW where Im traveling all over the world, gathering up stupidly rare materials, either by trading, getting it from friends/guildies, or going out and finding it myself, doing hard quests, maybe bringing some friends and ultimately exploring the world.

"Kill 5 boars in my camp" and "gather 5 buckets of shit" reskinned 100+ times is not interesting or fun.
>>
File: TSW.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TSW.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
FFXIV now and then for story updates and new raids, The Secret World for RP and the best community events ever, RoR for some delicious PvP and right now a bit of Wildstar which actually got vastly improved from the last time I played.

Would've heartily recommended Rift a year ago but now it's P2W out the ass, sadly. Stay away from TESO and SWTOR, only neo-/v/ recommends this garbage, even shit like GW2 is better than that.
>>
>>341420224
>2022
>implying mmos still exist
>>
File: maplestory devs.png (6 KB, 549x72) Image search: [Google]
maplestory devs.png
6 KB, 549x72
>try out tree of savior
>you literally play alone for 200+ levels, doing nothing but quests
>maplestory devs won't push party play because they fear it might "scare away new players"
>mabinogi is doing god knows what the fuck
korea
where is the grind
>>
>>341433374
But TESO is literally Skyrim with better gameplay and better WvW than GW2 so it's better than Guild Wars 2

I mean, I'd rather play Project Gorgon over both but ESO has a lot of content in production being released fairly consistently that isn't tainted by microtransaction p2w bullshit. It's one of the only themepark MMOs I'd recommend.
>>
>>341433726
GW2 has somewhat fun leveling and world design and then turns shit because there is nothing to do and every new content they add is SJW garbage.

TESO has nothing and is one of the most floaty and clunky MMOs I have ever played.
>>
>>341432493
Thanks anon.

How many character slots do you get? I like trying out different classes before settling on a main
>>
>>341433374
How is Wildstar doing? Has the server performance been fixed? And is the community any good?

I played launch, then tried it when it switched to f2p, and all I recall is queuing for Stormtalon and being told by my team that my tanking gear is too bad to do it, despite having attuned in significantly worse gear at launch.
>>
>>341434039
You need the pet to loot stuff for you, base doesn't really work out.
>>
>>341434130
Server performance got a looot better compared to F2P launch, can't say too much about the community but so far everyone has been a mute or pretty friendly.
>>
>>341434039
Don't fucking listen to BDOfags they're wrong, it's one of the least engaging/most "detatched" MMOs I've ever played, and I've played them all from UO to Wildstar.

It's a waste and it's extremely cash shop oriented despite being a buy2play game
>>
>>341434248
I have seen games where pets pick up loot, but are pets really that important? I mean, surely I can just take 2 steps and pick up an item myself right?
>>
>>341434263
Are they still shitters?
>>
>>341434475
Of course, but that's the case for every single MMO in existence.
>>
>>341434573
That's true, but it's more acutely felt in Wildstar - can pugs complete SotS vet (at all) or Skullcano vet without being knocked into the lava by the end boss? If the instances are a chore the game loses much of its fun.
>>
>>341434819
Don't know man, but there are far more experienced guilds looking for people right now due to the Steam release.
>>
>>341434443
What do you mean by "Detached"?
>>
>>341435069
Ah okay - are you still levelling? If so look forward to the Malgrave grind.

Guess I'll install the game this weekend and see if there's anything interesting to be done.
>>
What classes in Skyforge are good?
>>
>>341435149
I already leveled two characters back at release which is why the improvements are so obvious to me right now.
>>
File: TERA 2015-02-23 05-13-39-83.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
TERA 2015-02-23 05-13-39-83.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
I don't play much anymore.
So my time wasting is long gone.
>>
>>341435294
So are you just grouping with guildies?
>>
>>341435230
Uninstall Wizard.
>>
Anyone know how Shroud of the Avatar is coming along?
>>
File: 1465023091100.png (191 KB, 984x734) Image search: [Google]
1465023091100.png
191 KB, 984x734
>>341435131
A lot of the game's progression you can get through without actually playing. They actually encourage AFKing (while taxing your hardware and making your room hot as fuck) while refusing to create a skill queue/offline mode like EVE and the community hardly interacts despite all the sandbox features, I honestly think that those idle click games are more involved than BDO

>>341435579
kek
seriously this
it's dogshit
>>
>>341435807
Fairly well, in its own odd way.
>>
File: UO.jpg (73 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
UO.jpg
73 KB, 550x410
>>341435807
It's a clunky Ultima/Ultima Online hybrid thing that'll only appeal to LB's fans, but fortunately his fans are awesome so it'll be a community-driven game and have a good community so that's kinda neat.

I'd recommend it during a sale.

If you want UO2 look at Shards Online or Chronicles of Elyria
>>
>>341435810
Oh I know. I'm only playing it as a timesink. It's okay so far.
>>
>>341435810
It has an AFK mode? What does that entail? There as this one game I don't recall where your character would just auto fight everything in range while AFK, is it like that?

Do you gain resources in real time so you just fuck off until them?

What is a skill queue? And I wouldn't expect an MMO to have an offline mode. The only one I know that does is Cosmic Break.
>>
>>341432652
> has a ton of players
[source needed]
>>
>>341435935
I'm very interested in CoE but it seems quite far off. Tried Gloria Victis but it plays like arse and the combat needs a lot of work so I'm holding off on that desu.

How is Shards? Is it playable? What's the business model?
>>
>>341436294
If everything is automated, why not have a skill queue? BDO acts like they have a stake in the electric companies' stock because people are running their PCs 24/7
>>
>>341436537
It has 7 million copies sold

Note: Copies sold, its not a sub game.
>>
File: themepark battle.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
themepark battle.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
>>341436559
Shards is buy2play and the clusters/shards can be hosted by them (or by you on your own machine/server)
https://youtu.be/lU1Xk6iexno

>>341436537
They have 7 million accounts that have logged in across the 3 platforms, and it's a buy2play game and the servers are very, very populated. I was able to do get into any dungeon I wanted at 3AM and do the Cyrodil PVP with hundreds/thousands of players on each faction at 1AM on a weekday.
>>
FFXI

I'd join you in lamenting how bad Asian MMORPGs are these days, but I'm playing a good one. :)

>people actually pushed BDO as a sandbox MMO, FOR FREE.
>>
>>341436574
I have no idea what you're talking about. Why would you leave your computer on 24/7? Are you just making stuff up?
>>
>>341435810
AHJAHA this loser doesn't use minimize to tray function for power saving. Get out of here.
>>
File: 1459240499523.jpg (156 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
1459240499523.jpg
156 KB, 500x704
>>341436987
AFK skilling

>>341436965
To be fair, it was an actual sandbox at one point. I warned these niggers hyping it up.

http://black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/

>>341437108
Just because it's not rendering doesn't stop it from eating up CPU/GPU usage
>>
File: constipated black man.png (9 KB, 459x377) Image search: [Google]
constipated black man.png
9 KB, 459x377
>>341436987
>Why would you leave your computer on 24/7?
>>
>>341436987
There's afk fishing to get some fishes and sometimes rare loot to sell, the fish you can sell to the traders for silver. Autoloop which lets you autowalk back and forth in a path to gain exp towards breath, strength. Breath increases your max stam, str increases your max carry weight.

There is an option to minimize the game into the tray to reduce the energy cost which the other anon obviously didn't know about.
>>
>>341436902
Looks interesting. Brass tacks though, is it any good?
>>
File: 1462826996688.jpg (161 KB, 690x426) Image search: [Google]
1462826996688.jpg
161 KB, 690x426
>>341437359
Actually, I do know about it and it doesn't help that much. Why not just do an offline mechanic?

It's as if they're... I don't know,,, Artificially inflating population numbers? :^)

>>341437451
Yes it's great but wait for it to hit steam. No wipe alpha on official shards.
>>
>>341420224
I don't play MMOs and apparently I'm not missing out
The only three I wanted to try were Dragon's Dogma Online, Vindictus and Black Desert

Apparently DDO is the only good one and it's basically DD but with multiplayer and a bit more grinding
The reason I'm not playing it is because I'm lazy; I can't read moonrunes, the translation is rough and incomplete and I can't be bothered with proxies
With a little hope, DDO will come to the English speaking side of the world with no turbulence
>>
>>341437680
>he hasn't played Ultima Online or Star Wars Galaxies
>>
Old School Runescape
>>
the only reason i put in like 3000+ hours into Guild Wars was because of its phenomenal pvp system (which did get worse) and it remains the best pvp system of any third-person character controlling game i've played (lol GW wasnt an mmo).

I was really hyped for GW2 and played the beta. but it was blatantly obvious they didnt give a fuck for the fanbase that propped GW up in the beginning and gave it the life it deserved anyhow.

fuck arena net
>>
>>341437554
Isn't that what workers are for?
>>
>>341437554
At the point a game is better played offline or AFK, then you need to sit back and rethink your life.
>>
>>341437359
AFK fishing? Hell, that's nothing new. That doesn't even seem like a problem. Not only that, I don't even have to do it. Its just fishing.

The walking thing doesn't seem like an issue either, since I'm sure I'll be walking a lot just playing the game normally.
>>
>>341438458
Except you know, you have to be fishing/crafting to be financially viable or else you're fucked once you hit max level and you don't have enough money for +15 gear
>>
>>341438458
I timed how long it took me to walk from one big city to another, it was only 7 minutes on foot. A horse would go faster. I prefer to walk though, there's always something to find or a quest in the area. Honestly it's a very fun game, one of the best experience I've had next to FF14. The 7 day trial was all I needed to buy the game.
>>
Is ESO actually worth buying? Any way to try it out?
>>
TESo or TOR?

is f2p TOR any alternative
>>
>>341438582
I looked up how fishing works and I can't see how you can AFK this. Not only do you need to be active to reel in the fish once it's on the hook, you need to sell it before the fish goes off.
How are you supposed to do any of that while AFK? To me it sounds like you'd fail to catch any fish and even if you did, it'd rot anyway.
>>
>>341438582
You can make good cash from killing mobs, I know I did.
>>
>>341438890
The fish stay good for 24 hours, and every 5 minutes you auto fish. It'll keep casting a line until the durability on the pole is finished.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (49 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
49 KB, 499x468
>>341435391
>not praising skywhale
>>
>>341439046
You still need to click WSAD to complete the fishing mini game though, right? So if you're AFK wouldn't it mean you never catch anything?
>>
>>341439290
Nope, when it auto fishes it skips that.
>>
File: TERA 2015-02-27 01-42-52-43.jpg (727 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TERA 2015-02-27 01-42-52-43.jpg
727 KB, 1920x1080
>>341439049
He's just a big meanie in the sky that sends off lewd particles after himself.
>>
>>341438823
>>341438830
TESO, get on g2a or cjs for like 14$
>>
>>341440406
This.
>>
Elder Scrolls Online for $11.30
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online%3A-Tamriel-Unlimited-CD-Key-%28Digital-Download%29.html
>>
>>341438823
>>341438830
It's complete garbage but neo-/v/ will lap it up I'm sure.
>>
>>341438823
Check the general. But remember that it's a "huge violation of /v/ culture" to like the game.
>>
>>341442070
>check the general
even tree of savior faggots suck the games dick in /tosg/
>>
>>341420224
Still GW2 for over 4k hours. Send help immediately.
New raid wing just released and having fun with it.
>>
Just taking my time with FFXIV. It's actually kind of fun just gathering resources and selling them on the market.
>>
jMabinogi
I have done nothing but fish, craft and knit clothes for a week now and I'm having the time of my fucking life.
>>
>>341442404
Yea but if he have question regarding game mechanics or such it's better to ask there, so he don't get the idea you pay 50 bucks for the game then 30 more for each alliance and on top of that 40 for each upcoming DLC or something retarded like that. Or get the idea that a great healer only heal and cast buff.
>>
>>341443009

I have a static, so I've decided to turn our raids into dumb internet videos because we're all needlessly retarded. It'll either go well or everyone will hate us and then we will rise in infamy.

A TRUE WIN WIN SITUATION
>>
File: 125613634.jpg (697 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
125613634.jpg
697 KB, 1600x1200
>turn game on
>this starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejafLR6jb0g

Time to grind out more Zkeys like a good goy I suppose
>>
>>341429758
>I heard Wakfu wouldn't let you of the starting area unless you paid or something
the fuck no what year you heard of this, 1969? its a fun game, grindy as fuck but endgame is stale, not to mention the broken pvp system, and edgy 12 years old and fucking french in dat game. got 3 toons to lvl 190ish (max lvl is 200) and now i just stopped playing
>>
>HoT kills GW2 with p2w power creep, T H R E E Z O N E S, and fucking raids
>Blizz botching all the cool ideas of Legion and hoping people believe the IT'S NOT GARRISONS rhetoric
>Can't afford FFXIV

I hate this genre.
>>
any1 playing black desert?
>>
>>341443009
Gathering puts me to sleep in FFXIV, especially mining. But I do enjoy Jewing people on the marketboard.
>>
>>341448113
Yaeh, back in 2013 but not since.
>>
>>341447412
what's p2w?
and what's wrong with raids game had shit end-game anyway
>>
>>341448240
I got it when it released on NA but dumped it because of the insane grind
thinking of picking it up again and play solo but don't know if it's worth it. Don't have the time nor the will to grind endlessly to be viable for guild wars
>>
>>341447412
How can you not afford FF14? Base game is like $5 and a monthly sub costs less than DLC that's coming out for AAA games now.
>>
>>341448250
Elite Specs are mandatory for every class.
GW2's raids are really, really bad.

>>341448538
I just can't afford it right now, as I'm typing. I've got at fifty something WHM waiting for me when expenses are cleared up, but it's hard to justify the sub when other games of similar or superior quality simply don't have a sub or have in-game sub tokens.
>>
I still play Runescape.
It might be more of a case of Stockholm syndrome.
>>
Tera, not really wasting time since im already at end game, so i just do 2/3 dungeons per day, i kinda like the new ninja class and the use of iframes during bosses, felsgood
>>
>>341449003
Well I dunno about all of them but my ranger can play better without it (altho I like the healz so I run with it). Play my guardian on GS but have dragon hunter for the new virtues.
Most of the elite specs seem like a good uprade imo
>>
I recently jumped back on iRO
Anyone wanna play? I'm rolling a priest so soloing would be (mostly) ass.
>>
>>341449307
>Ranger
>better without it

Are you retarded? Druid is so good that the whole fucking meta in every game mode is based around every Ranger having it slotted in, because you'd have to be an actual retard to not slot in a spec that good.

The fact that they are UPGRADES is the problem, since they are advertised and talked about as being sidegrades even now by Anet.
>>
DAoC

Classic server, currently in beta. Being beautifully recreated,
>>
>>341449558
Zerk ranger is still one of the top DPS.
You can't be a proper zerk with that mastery. plenty of full zerks in fractals and raids
>>
>>341449764
>Zerk ranger is still one of the top DPS.

That is a blatant lie, Anon.
>>
>>341448440
Typical korean game there.
I hate grinding as well.
They like it for some reason.
>>
>>341420995
ESO is great after they introduced literally all the changes the community was asking for, the game is also pretty well maintained.
>>
>>341420224
Wasting time in FFXIV before I go back to university this summer.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.