[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got Layers of Fear. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: layers_of_fear_promo_4.png (2 MB, 1920x1099) Image search: [Google]
layers_of_fear_promo_4.png
2 MB, 1920x1099
Just got Layers of Fear.

What am I in for?
>>
>>341416010
A spooky walking simulator.
>>
A game that runs out of ideas pretty quickly with a pretty transparent formula that ruins the scares
>>
>>341416010
Layers of fear.
>>
>>341416010
a dull walking simulator with brief moments of jump scares thinly spread throughout
>>
You will quickly start to realise that the developers found out the trick of changing shit behind your back, so you enter a room and it looks normal then you turn around and its all different.

SPOOKS. They fell so in love with that sole idea that they repeat it for the rest of the game.
>>
>>341416760

Oh and theres a weird student made horror game called Kraven Manor that does something similar but its better in almost every fashion.
>>
>>341416010
Fear

but in layers
>>
It's a horror house ride at a theme park, plain and simple. It does some interesting things.
>>
>>341416010
A fear onion
>>
>>341418484
A fear ogre
>>
i really hope you didnt pay for it
>>
>>341416010
>nice looking game lots of detail
>walking
>spooks
aIt would probably surprise a lot of shitters that it is actually an unity game
>>
Shitty Amnesia/SH2 wannabe.
>>
>>341416010

The only thing I enjoyed in this game was the scene where the little ghost kids runs full speed, head first into the edge of a table and does half a backflip, just to reset instantly and start running again.

I watched that a dozen times before getting on with the rest of this shit.
>>
>>341416010
Fear that's like an onion.
>>
>>341416010
good idea done to death with retarded story and repetitive gameplay

it was an early access made in episodes type of games, and it shows

better replay amnesia
>>
>>341416010
Boring walking sim with no tension as it is not possible to die
>>
>>341416341
this.
>>
>>341416010
Shit
>>
>>341416010
Not a good game
A typical streamer bait with all of its problems

>no enemies or ways to fail
even pt and amnesia had opponents that gave you the feeling of being stalked
lack of this make it rely 100% on jump scares
>jump scares
its pretty much the only way of keeping tension this game has, that and some imaginable designs but those get old fast due to
>incoherent nonsensical level design
game being based around teleporting you from one room to another makes it impossible to say how far or how near are you to yoru goal or even where you are
undermines the crazy level design when you know its all has the same structure of tiny bizarre unconnected rooms
>lack of any tangible goal
while you seem to need to finish the painting, you never know what you need or where to go until you get this, this is caused by the game linear nature and teleporting rooms
>linear as all fucks
>shit story
at first you might think, man, did he kil his wife, does he use her body parts to make the painting, is she hunting him ?!?!!
nope, nothing of this happened and it has fuck all to do with te plot outside of trying to look "creepy"
>awful puzzles
all are variation of the enter a 3 digit code hidden somewhere in this room or solve simple maze, thats untill last puzzle
>last puzzle
i fucking love looking for tiny objects in a dark room
>no inventory
so nothing to pick up

an all around bad game
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.