[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay fuck this guy and his fans. Hear me out. Ive been a Kojima
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_4218.0.0[1].jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4218.0.0[1].jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
Okay fuck this guy and his fans.

Hear me out. Ive been a Kojima fan and MGS diehard fan since i first played MGS1 as a kid. Amazing game, loved everything about it, the story, the characters etc.

The sequels followed and I loved them too. But for some reason Kojima became known as LE ARTISTIC CREATIVE MAN which is fucking retarded. When did he merit this kind of reputation?

People obsessing over imagery. MGSV is the only game he has made that had any fragment of "deep" imagery and metaphorical shit. Everything else was pretty damn explanatory (albeit convoluted storylines now and then).

Why are people eating this shit up?

He has been labelled an artistic genius when all his games before Death Stranding havnt been about symbolism, why the fuck should we consider him some deep philosophical mastermind because of one trailer?

Death Stranding itself looks like some shitty college project music video by a kid who saw his first David Lynch movie.

Im excited for the game because its made by the dude that made my favourite series but lets be real, its pretentious garbage by a man whose fanbase has fueled his own ego.
>>
>>341415801
>MGSV is the only game he has made that had any fragment of "deep" imagery and metaphorical shit

That's exactly where all this is coming from you silly goose. MGSV is his most recent title which had all the marketing gimmicks and shit. C'mon son.
>>
yea it is pretentious in a sense that it's overwhelmingly faux pax
>>
>>341416098
What gimmicks though?

We know now that all the bullshit people were "interpreting" was false and over-analyzing him as 2deep4u tripe.

Now the guy has bought into his own false reputation and is making lame arty shit.
>>
>>341416253
in what way?
>>
You clearly didn't understand any of the previous mgs games if you think V is the only one that does that
>>
>>341416253
>pax
>>
>>341415801
>college project music video by a kid who saw his first David Lynch movie.

You're so far up your own ass it hurts me. Death Stranding is classic kojima using good directing and cool looking shit to get you interested. Where did David lunch come from? Not comparable at all.
>>
usually I shit on people who misuse 'pretentious' but Kojima is the absolute definition of the word.
>>
He was done with Metal Gear after MGS 1. He got to revisit his old game with new tech, and said what he wanted to say with it. But Sony needed a hit for the PS2, and from the documentaries that were available from GameStop as pre-order bonuses, you get the feeling that they did everything they could short of literally holding him at gunpoint to make MGS 2.

So what does he do? He makes a commentary on the world, the internet, and gamers themselves. To say what he wanted to say with this one, it had to start with the prologue where you play as Snake. Notice there's barely any tutorial to it, the game just starts, go, be a bad ass. But then the game literally restarts after the prologue, new intro screen, new character, new overloaded amount of tutorial instruction that wasn't there in Snake's half of the story.

And when you get that new character, it had to be Raiden, the polar opposite of Snake. He's skinny, blonde, and a pussy. He insists he's played "the simulation" millions of times to the Colonel, which turns MGS1 into an in game object now, when he refers to playing the simulation he's speaking about playing the first game as a video game player. He was trained since birth to be a soldier, so following the allegory about the simulation, he's making a commentary about kids growing up playing games. Every time you save the game, your girlfriend nags you half to death. If you're still following along, you can see how this is a commentary on gamers too.
>>
Daily reminder that Fukushima was the real mastermind behind MGS and Kojima is more of a George Lucas figure.
>>
>>341416371
>What gimmicks though?

The Phantom Pain being marketed as a completely separate game under a different studio? Sending an actor to interview with Geoff Keighley? Hell as far back as MGS4, when the trailer had Snake beating Raiden for protagonist; when the TGS 2007 trailer came out he dropped the, at the time, bomb that Sunny was Olga's daughter. This isn't new man.

>We know now that all the bullshit people were "interpreting" was false and over-analyzing him as 2deep4u tripe.

The only shit we knew was false, at least I HOPE people weren't this imbecilic, was Ocelot being the same person as Miller. The other shit like Chico perhaps being Snake was legitimate. And how the fuck do you not remember the Elegia trailer revealing the two Liquids? Don't be dumb about this man.
>>
>>341416938
After your standard double-triple-quadruple cross story-line that is impossible to follow, the curtain comes down to reveal the wizard. The Colonel who has been guiding you all along is an AI, and he explains how you were used all along. Anyone with the right training could be Solid Snake, you see. Your entire role in the game was predetermined by The Patriots with you as their puppet following their script, a meta commentary on the game itself you just played up to this point. The Patriots serving as the game world's Illuminati stand in, because humanity had given up their right to freedom and only cares for fiction, drama, and entertainment. So The Patriots give them that drama by orchestrating world events.

So then Raiden doesn't want to fight. But he has to, because if he doesn't, The Patriots are gonna kill this dead lady's baby. So you have your big show down with your step-dad on the rooftop of Federal Hall. Then you find out in the epilogue that the members of the Wisemen's Committee of The Patriots have been dead for over 100 years anyway. It's all a bunch of exposition because he had to wrap it up and ship it in time to be a launch title.

In a lot of ways, I see a lot of this analogue and reference akin to a middle finger. Like I said, he was done telling Metal Gear stories, or at least Snake stories, so he blows the budget on a game that is largely mocking you in real time. Naturally this gets multiple Game of the Year nominations, 10/10, Hideo does it again.
>>
>>341415801
>Hear me out.
no. MGS2 is easily one of the greatest games of all time and has "predicted the future." in some sense. It's the deeper underlying messages he conveys through his games that make him so great. I'm not saying he's the best game maker of all time, he can just work some really cool (i guess you could say 4th wall) real-world ideals shit.

The whole premise of MGS2's story is your given commands/missions to execute, to find at the end of the game, you were just a puppet to a system designed to control the world, but continuously shitting out content, that's mass produced, to distract masses from what is really going on in the world.

>Death Stranding itself looks like some shitty college project music video by a kid who saw his first David Lynch movie.
and? It's a trailer, there's literally next to nothing to go off. Yeah it's avant-garde i guess you could say, but atleast wait till the ideas/story is fleshed out. It may actually be good at that time.
>>
>>341417009

After a several year cool off period, he decides not to answer literally any of the questions raised by MGS 2, and gives us a Sisyphean prequel with Snake Eater, and themes of maternity and leadership and honor and other such Japanese horse shiat. By the time we get to MGS4, Hideo takes pity on Raiden, and turns him in to a cool cyborg killing machine. But he really wants you to know that he's tired of telling Snake Tales, because Solid Snake is an ancient old man in the face of everyone else who only aged a few years. In this story, Snake is an allegory for Hideo himself. Legend has it that the game was originally going to end with Snake swallowing a self administered bullet, to forever capstone the character and put it to rest. Market forces and Sony talked him out of it, so instead he puts in a mission where you have to crawl through a microwave and Snake suffers greatly the entire time, almost dying.

They took his name off the box of MGS 5, and changed the voice actor from David Hayter to Jack Bauer. Any further adventures of Snake might actually begin to make sense, but in classic over budgeted AAA game dev fashion, they'll lose sight of what made the franchise such an enigma in pursuit of making it more like FOX's 24 and Splinter Cell in order to make it more palatable to a mass audience. Eventually Snake will die, but I have to believe in Hideo's mind, his adventures already came to a close after the events of Shadow Moses island, and everything there after was an ill-advised paycheck.
>>
>>341416924
But you are misusing the word, you moron. Kojima hasn't made a bad game and he's pretty humble, he isn't pretentious at all.
>>
>>341416951
what are you trying to say? george lucas had his hand in every part of the original trilogy. he also created indiana jones
>>
>>341417009
Of course it does. It's far more interesting than another masturbatory action movie in game form.
>>
>>341417063
>Legend has it that the game was originally going to end with Snake swallowing a self administered bullet
No, it was going to end with Snake and Otacon being executed for the crimes they committed. Hence the Here's to You in the credits.
>>
>>341417013
This. MGS2 is a fucking incredible experience.
>>
>tfw you stopped giving a shit about Kojima games when you saw mgs3 was just a shitty james bond fan fic

Feels good tb h.
>>
>>341415801
>makes giant success after giant success
>dude he is so pretentious people like him for nothing what a hack!

I wish this meme would die
>>
>>341417529
What an incredibly stupid opinion.
>>
>>341415801
>Ive been a Kojima fan and MGS diehard fan since i first played MGS1 as a kid
me too, but after reading your post im now a #cruzmissile
>>
>>341417767
Stay mad and keep swallowing that fan fic kojimbo cum.

Im glad I got to finish on a high note with Ghost Babel and MGS2.
>>
MGS3 is a really good game. what are your complaints?
>james bond
yeah, that's reaching. The only thing they have in common is they sneak around. James Bond wears a suit and Boss never does (unless you put it on cause your a faggot that likes Kojiima giving a nod to a movie he likes)

MGS3 is more of an action game and has less story elements to it, but it's still very good and well-rounded. Convinced people don't like it because they wanted a sequel to MGS2 and not a prequel. that's it.
>>
>>341417918
Give me the thematic similarities to James Bond. I'll wait.
>>
>>341417918
How is it a James Bond fan-fic at all you contrarian?

James Bond
>British spy

Boss
>American war hero
>>
>>341416253

i want to know what you think this sentence means
>>
>>341415801
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>341418210
This sentence means
>I am better than you because i throw words around that aren't very common. i feel superior
>>
File: Tuxedo.jpg (78 KB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
Tuxedo.jpg
78 KB, 1280x480
>>341418127
>>341417991
>>341418042
If you fuckers put some points in perception and intelligence we wouldnt be having this exchange.
>>
>>341418548
Still waiting on those thematic similarities.
>>
>>341418649
Fuck off tripfag. Go listen to your shitty James Bond intro.
>>
>>341415801

kojima is god
>>
>>341418736
What the fuck are you doing at this point?
>>
>>341415801
How about you wait for Death Stranding and then see what happens? Inafune was a goddamn messiah and managed to ruin it in the most spectacular fashion over the course of a single game, his first fucking game flying solo.

The LOTR movies turned out as good as they did because Christopher Lee was on set to rein Jackson in (as the only on there who met Tolkien and regularly reading the whole series once a year, he got lore guru status), with the Hobbit being Jackson flying solo.

If he's really as bad as you say he is, then it'll rear its ugly head during development, because Konami's not there to rein him in anymore.
>>
>>341418772
Watching Fargo
>>
>>341418736
The fuck are you on, idiot?
>>
>>341415801
Idk, I might sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, but I like Kojima for different reasons: he doesn't give a fuck. He creates his vision and doesn't necessarily care about how people will receive it. I like to think that he knows he has an over-bloated ego or that people have impressions of said ego, whatever it is it helps create an image, which seems to be a trend now even with the videogame industry, an Image creates a presence, a presence brings in the money. In other words: he's sold out. But let's be real, he's just trying to make his way through a competitive market, even after being tossed by a major gaming company that has reduced itself to the pachinko market. To be honest, if a company tossed me to the curb and took properties I helped create and reduced them down to merchandizing trash, I'd try to make an image of myself too, even if it meant becoming egotistical and pretentious in the eyes of the fan base expecting me to spit out another metal gear.
>>
File: Metal Gear Ape.jpg (58 KB, 599x437) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Ape.jpg
58 KB, 599x437
>>341418818
Enjoy it I suppose I hear lots of good things.
>>
File: 5583456235_940ed990ca.jpg (102 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
5583456235_940ed990ca.jpg
102 KB, 355x500
>>341415801
The video game will be good. Kojima is free now. He will make good games. Kojima is literally a genius and has the portfolio to back it up. He is the Stanley Kubrick of games. He is the greatest living gamemaker and is operating on several different levels at once.
>>
>>341415801
Explain this OP
>>
>>341418940
>Stanley Kubrick of games
Nigger please.
>>
>>341418548
are you a retard cunt? I already adressed that.

>(unless you put it on cause your a faggot that likes Kojiima giving a nod to a movie he likes)

and really, that's one outfit in the entire game. So the entire thing is a james bond fan fic, cause you can equip a tuxedo as a 'joke' camo outfit? jesus christ, guess every Fallout game is just a mad max fan fic.
Guess every dark souls is just lord of the rings fan fic.
Guess last of us is just dawn of the dead fan fic.
Guess

Like, your logic is so flawed. Btw, what's with the cover of Ghost Babel? - it looks just like old 007 game box-art. must be a james bond fan fic.
>>
>>341416253

>pax
>not even using the word even remotely correctly

people who hate Kojima in a nutshell
>>
>>341419073
>every Fallout game is just a mad max fan fic.
Its not??
>>
>>341418940
He's more like the Quentin Tarantula of video games.
>>
Who is more pretentious: The haters or Ruseman?
>>
>>341419181
how so? they look visually similar. So it's just fan-fic.

that's literally your argument, mate.
>>
File: 1455369631232.jpg (25 KB, 379x295) Image search: [Google]
1455369631232.jpg
25 KB, 379x295
>>341415801
>Everything else was pretty damn explanatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWc2qS4tDPU&ab_channel=JallenMeodia
>>
File: 1465406861428[2].png (167 KB, 225x369) Image search: [Google]
1465406861428[2].png
167 KB, 225x369
>>341415801
You are not alone mate, Kojima fans are fucking worst.

Praising someone who makes games about jeep sliding on horse shit and soldiers being tricked by a cardbox with nude print on it, packed with fanservice and boobies for 9 y old kids.

Wow, that is autistic. That also explains the state of gaming, if something like his latest trailer is considered "deep" and "artistic", then, yeah, we are fucked.
>>
>>341419342
Damn, this is such a rip-off of James Bond. I mean seriously, how are they going to just literally copy and paste the flaming face flying around the room? that's such an iconic scene in James Bond and they just threw it in hoping nobody would notice.
>>
>>341419474
Exactly. Guy makes fun games but theres nothing DEEP about his latest trailer. Its meaningless shit made for 2deep4u highschoolers
>>
>>341419279
Not that guy, but FO, ESPECIALLY 1 and 2, are filled with so much Mad Max shit that they really could be called Mad Max fanfics. Troika devs stated that MM was where the idea for FO even came from.

Use something else for your example.
>>
>>341419474
Read the thread good lord your post is embarrassing.
>>
>>341419474
What's your favorite movie mate

>>341419690
I never watched a single 007 movie so sorry I guess I just look like a huge retard now
>>
File: 1347216868477.gif (2 MB, 184x202) Image search: [Google]
1347216868477.gif
2 MB, 184x202
>>341419734
>implying my opinion relies on other people's opinions
Nah mate, you are wrong there. I can say what I think without making sure everyone else is comfy with my opinion.
>>
>>341418649

fucking end your life you goddamn retard mongoloid lmao
>>
>>341419701
I know that FO 1+2 were inspired by mad max, which is why i used FO as an example.
>>
I've never understood it either. I love the MGS games because they're fun, humorous, and interesting. But also a totally incoherent mess. This weird cult that has formed around him proclaiming him some kind of genius auteur is bizarre and unfounded. He's a weird dude that makes goofy stealth games inspired by 80's action movies, there's nothing there to be pretentious about or warrant this reputation.
>>
>>341419690
>>341419780
okay I'm a double retard
>>
File: 1465945300638.png (91 KB, 366x353) Image search: [Google]
1465945300638.png
91 KB, 366x353
>>341419696
It's not deep, it's just cryptic to stimulate conversations before the next announcement. He's been using the same technique for MGR as per >>341419050
>>
>>341418649
THE FUCKING BOND INTRO AND SONG
THE VIXEN
THE VILLAIN

DAFT CUNT
>>
>>341415801
It's okay to be hyped for a game anon. We can all shit on it, if it's bad, after it comes out.
>>
>>341419780
Spoiler alert: that never happens in a james bond movie because none of them have any supernatural elements to them. (except maybe that old as fuck vooodoo shamman one)
>>
>>341419856
Not that guy, but this last post + the gif makes everything more embarrassing.
>>
>>341419865
Alright.

>>341419856
I mean you're perfectly free to do that but you just come off as a moron. OP asked

>When did he merit this kind of reputation

From the marketing of MGSV, MGS2, MGS4, and how those games came out. This isn't difficult.
>>
I DONT HATE KOJIMA

I DONT LIKE HIM EITHER

BECAUSE KOJIMA HASNT SHOWN ME GAMEPLAY YET

DO IT YOU FUCKING MADMAN HOLY SHIT IM IN SUSPENSE HERE
>>
>>341420136
there is none
>>
>>341419991
Point out to me which James Bond film has themes of motherhood, loss of innocence, the changing times dictating your enemies, the femme fatale that uses Bond and leaves him a depressed mess; point out to me the film where James Bond realizes the military industrial complex is a corrupt mess and that he was just used in a gigantic power struggle.

I'll give you five thousand dollars you fucking imbecile if you can do that.
>>
The trailer was pretty shitty.
>>
>>341415801
>When did he merit this kind of reputation?
When he made MGS1, 2 and 3, but he didn't actually get that reputation until the shit games after PO started coming out.
>>
>>341419991
intro
>less than 5 mins and isn't game play less than 0.0001% of the full game.

>The vixen
what? so if a movie has a a male and female that fall in love, it's a james bond fan fic?
>The villian
yeah cause James Bonds villians had lots of supernatural elements to them

I mean, if this is your argument, instead of getting mad and raging in all caps, state the fucking similarities. because right now you and the other guy look dumb as shit.
>>
>>341420230
holy shit top kek
>>
Am I the only one seeing ties with Matrix here?
My theory is that the guys floating are some kind of ayylmaos who use humans (and other animals) as slaves maybe for breeding, maybe to get energy (Matrix) maybe they need their children for any other purpose. That's why they all have that artificial umbilical cord, they are forced to breed.
The main character is obviously some sort of prisoner, who has managed to get free, and know is in the seek of finding out if his son is still alive, why do they need the offspring n shiet.
>>
>>341415801
Completely agree with everything. Still hype for this game but the amount of nut gargling people do at the mention of Kojima like he is incapable of doing wrong is annoying as fuck.
>>
>>341420230
>motherhood
M.
>loss of innocence
006's defection hit Bond pretty hard.
>the changing times dictating your enemies
World is Not Enough, Die Another Day
>the femme fatale that uses Bond and leaves him a depressed mess
Elektra.
>point out to me the film where James Bond realizes the military industrial complex is a corrupt mess and that he was just used in a gigantic power struggle
Not a film but Rogue Agent plays with it.
>>
>>341420230
Different guy here. I actually could name bond films with those themes (although it would be reaching and they aren't the main themes of the movies.)
>>
>>341420654
Fuck off, redditor.
>>
>>341420654
Dame Judy Dench was a special forces operative trained from adolescence and fought in WWII who was forced to give her child up to the Philosophers as well as kill her lover as a result of the changing times?

Which film was that?

>006
006 was a woman who fought in WWII? etc. What an asinine thing to suggest that because James Bond has defection MGS3 is somehow a fanfiction of that.

>World is Not Enough, Die Another Day

I don't recall James Bond killing his "mother" in these films. Do you?

>Elektra.

Haaaaaaaahahahaha

>Not a film but Rogue Agent plays with it.

Did it do to the extent MGS3 did it? If not then why the fuck did you bring it up. Why are we still talking about this this board is full of morons jesus christ.
>>
>>341419924
It feels good to hear other people say this. I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this. The games are cool but everyone acts like he has some fucking Midas touch or some deep lore. Metal Gear is a cool series but come on, the "story" in everything after snake eater is cringey and cliche as fuck. I still like him and will check out his games but the fucking dickriders need to settle down.
>>
>>341416371
>We know now that all the bullshit people were "interpreting" was false and over-analyzing him as 2deep4u tripe.

what? /v/ had almost the entire story figured out several months before the game out.
sure you had some silly things like quiet being chico but is it so bad having some fun?
>>
>>341421012
Pst
it's just a meme, ya dingus
>>
>>341420654
Loss of innocence also explored in the newest movie. I wont spoil it for anyone but there are people in it that go back to his childhood. Him being used as a pawn for an out of control military industrial complex is also explored in the new film as they want to replace MI6 with mass surveilance and he sees it as invasive, corrupt and wrong.

Just wanted to add those to your list. And M is def "mom" in Skyfall.
>>
>>341421189
Well it certainly triggers me.
>>
This is a quality candidate for some fresh pasta. Saved.
>>
>>341418940
He's Zack Snyder at best.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.