[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other fun, lighthearted SRPGs like FFTA? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Marche.jpg (93 KB, 902x985) Image search: [Google]
Marche.jpg
93 KB, 902x985
Are there any other fun, lighthearted SRPGs like FFTA? I just finished the 2nd one and would like more of the same kind, but it's such a difficult genre to get into due to how little exposure a lot of games get.

Marche did the right thing.
>>
NIS games.
>>
>>341415103
>Marche did the right thing.
fagget
>>
This game is one of my personal favorites, a ton of replayability too since you can play as any one of the factions.

The original FFT is the also an obvious answer, and I consider it better than the advanced series.
>>
>>341415103
Tactics Ogre.
The one from GBA is the best IMO.

FFTA is absolutelly brilliant and engaging, wish they did more games like that.
>>
>>341415103
I guess therw is Disgaea if you can overlook all the weebness
>>
File: dpOqzfU.png (860 KB, 872x490) Image search: [Google]
dpOqzfU.png
860 KB, 872x490
>>341415253
First reply best reply.
Sadly I've played every single NIS game at this point, that's the reason I played FFTA. I'm really just looking for something to hold me over till Phantom Brave drops on Steam next month.
>>
>>341415103
It's really hard to recommend anything since I found FFTA to be awful. The maps were bland, the levels were repetitive, the game was horribly unbalanced, the battles were really slow, the characters were annoying, etc.

Maybe try Shining Force 1? The gameplay is subpar (but not FFTA levels of bad) and there's plenty of lighthearted humor to be found. Again, it's not a particularly good SRPG but maybe you'll like it.
>>
>>341415490
Having played both for years I find Shining force to be bland and void of any emotion or attachment to the characters.
On the other hand FFTA offers a deep story and characters that develop through the game.
Also is not that Unbalanced overall, it's just that Ninjas are fucking overpowered little shits.
>>
>>341415298
I have never heard of this, which proves my point about SRPGs. It looks pretty dope with all the usable units, I'll probably give this a try, thanks anon!
>>341415385
I've heard a lot about this, I'll try the GBA version.
>>
>>341416015
I really reccomend you to use a guide, this one http://www.tacticsogre.com/ because the game is a big fuckup content wise and they don't explain you absolutelly anything.
>>
>>341415490
Really? Playing FFTA pretty much renewed my love for this genre.
>> The maps were bland
They were fine for what they needed to do, I can't really think of a way to actually improve them.
>> the game was horribly unbalanced
It takes a while to hit those busted classes, the game is still fun even with them.
>> the battles were really slow
This is a legit complaint, I played on an emulator and couldn't stop speeding up the fights due to enemies taking forever to do anything.
>> the characters were annoying,
I disagree, Marche is a pretty good protag, and the games plot was interesting enough to keep me from just fucking around in free battles forever, and Ritz was great.
>>
File: orange.png (2 KB, 119x153) Image search: [Google]
orange.png
2 KB, 119x153
>>341415952
>I find Shining force to be bland and void of any emotion or attachment to the characters.
You monster
>>
>>341415103
>>341415952
>>341416015
>>341416298
Avoid: front mission, langrisser, growlanser, fire emblem, smt devil survivor, valkyria chronicles, dept heaven
Consider: bahamut lagoon, disgaea, other NIS games, luminous arc, fire emblem awakening, super robot wars, jeanne d'arc
>>
>>341416326
Well, I lied, the werewolf and the ninja are dope as fuck.
>>341416368
After all these years I still don't see the appeal on any Fire emblem game.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.