[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the hell did sony cheap out on the DS4? i bought it over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
why the hell did sony cheap out on the DS4? i bought it over the xbone controller because i remember the ps2 controller being really high quality. the DS4 triggers are already squeaking and i've barely used it for only a week.

is the xbone controller better? i'm thinking about returning this shit and getting the xbone one.
>>
>>341407365
maybe you got a faulty one? Only issiue I have found with the DS4 is the battery life.
>>
>>341407365
had mine for nearly two years with no problems.

that said at my friend's house is controllers are all fucked with the rubber on the analogs coming off etc. dont know how thats possible though. i guess people are retards
>>
>>341407365
post a pic with timestamp of your ds4
>>
>>341407365
If you don't like the ds4 get a 360 pad.
the xbone pad is worse than both the 360 and ds4 pads.

It's bumpers are shit, the overall finish is worse and the sticks make a constant, loud CLAK CLAK CLAK sound as they hit the housing of the controller while you play
>>
>>341407365
Yeah go ahead
>>
>>341407481
this. And I dislike the buttons in the touchpad. Some times it opens the gesture menu instead of the quick items in bloodborne which can kinda suck.
And I have to controller and the problem with both of them. Would be nice to know if someone else experienced this too.

>>341407536
Weren' t the first series of controllers made with shitty material? maybe he has some of those.
>>
>>341407984
>Weren' t the first series of controllers made with shitty material? maybe he has some of those.
he got his ps4 well after I did
>>
>>341407365
You've got to stop eating cheetos while playing OP.
>>
Here's a good review of them both https://youtu.be/9sfJPIbFuxw
>>
There's a big durability issue with the DS4

I don't know if it was separate issues with separate batches but that's what I'm guessing. All the people I know with bad triggers have good sticks, everyone I know with the rubber falling of their sticks have good triggers. This is all anecdotal though so take it with a grain of salt
>>
You fucked up anon, the Xbox Elite Controller has been my best purchase so far this year. It's the comfiest controller on the market, even better than the Dreamcast controller.
>>
>>341407365
The one they give with the console always sucks dick so that you have to buy a new one, the ones you buy at the store are fine and I've had mine for 1.5 years
>>
>>341408718
And only $150!! At a retailer near you now
>>
I dont know if I just got lucky but I've had my DS4 for like a year now and it has no problems.
>>
>>341408970
$150 for a good, solid controller with magnetic, interchangeable and 4 optional extra buttons. Totally worth it to me. Even the vibrations feel good, and I usually totally remove those from my controllers.
>>
>>341408923
>not buying an extra controller immediately
lol anon has no friends :^D
>>
>>341409326
Any of the people on this board have friends?
>>
>>341407365
I prefer the xbone controller waaaaay more over the DS4. Especially for the bumpers, triggers and thumbsticks.
>>
>>341409413
yeah me lmao
>>
>>341409326
more like ps4 has no multiplayer games. Only thing i have is magicka 2 and gauntlet from ps+.
And i played a second controller when we wanted to play it as 4 players.
Tell me some good multiplayer games,
>>
>>341409565
>And i played a second controller
I bought a second controller.
God i should finish my coffee before posting .
>>
>>341409565
Fifa. 2v2 Fifa is still the best thing ever.

But you amerilards wouldnt know anything about that 2bh
>>
>>341409565
Uncharted 4
LBP 3 (goat local co-op)
Borderlands handsome collection
Driveclub (no really, but I bet GT sport will shit all over it when its out)
TLoU mp
Rocket League (you did get it when it was free, right?)

that's what I play on a regular basis
>>
File: rHlq4cx.png (118 KB, 297x413) Image search: [Google]
rHlq4cx.png
118 KB, 297x413
>>341407984
>Some times it opens the gesture menu instead of the quick items in bloodborne which can kinda suck

How does it feel to not be able to make the disctinction between your right and your left ?
>>
>>341409660
I thoroughly enjoyed co-op Salt and Sanctuary but that's only one extra player. Local co-op is so fucked this gen
>>
>>341407365
I have the elite controller and all I can say is it's worth the money. I can't even use the original xbox one controller because it feels so cheap. But if you can't afford the elite controller the regular one is still way better than the ps4 one. I own both consoles but I dread having to use that thing
>>
>>341407365
I had the same squeaking trigger issue that you're having, and I'm not exactly rough with my controllers. After using the Xbone controller, there really is no going back for me. They're solid, have a nice weight distribution, the triggers feel good, and the thumbsticks even have that satisfying ridged texture to them. Every other controller just feels cheap by comparison to me now. I'm just talking about the basic Xbone controller, mind. I've never even touched an elite one.
>>
>>341407365
>i remember the ps2 controller being really high quality.

PS2 controller ?! brah I have a 7 yo DS3 and it works fine as fuck. that thing is indestructible.
>>
>>341409930
>>341409701
Looks like a solid list, i look into them.
>(you did get it when it was free, right?)
Shit, no. was probably during the time i didn't play and didn't even have a membership.
>>
File: 1465661247456.jpg (253 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465661247456.jpg
253 KB, 768x1024
>>341409701
>mfw leading group A
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.