[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Elder Scrolls 6 is confirmed, where do you want it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 15
File: Tamriel.jpg (419 KB, 1852x1269) Image search: [Google]
Tamriel.jpg
419 KB, 1852x1269
Now that Elder Scrolls 6 is confirmed, where do you want it to be set /v/?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10489175
>>
Dude we already know where it is
>2014 leak confirmed both Fallout 4 location and Nuka World dlc
>also contained "elder scrolls vi" and "project greenheart"
>>
Elsweyr/Valenwood would be hype as fuck, but from what I heard about the game it might be even bigger. Possibly all of the southern provinces of Tamriel. Elsweyr, black marsh, summerset isle, and valenwood all combined?
>>
>>341402573
Well we know that Valenwood is already confirmed, but yeah they might add more (probably Elswyr)
>>
>>341402515
so, that still leaves Valenwood, Elswyr, and Black Marsh up for it
>>
Which is the weirdest region, least like any place on Earth? That one I guess, considering how many coniferous forest open world games there are now
>>
I am personally really stoked about it being in valenwood because thats where my favorite elder scrolls book series takes place
>the one about the store clerk who goes on an expedition to valenwood, and in the second series goes to blackmarsh
>>
File: RJEpNdC.jpg (2 MB, 5476x3032) Image search: [Google]
RJEpNdC.jpg
2 MB, 5476x3032
>>341403187
The weirdest regions in the Elder Scrolls are on the other side of the world and barely have any lore aside from a few books and vague descriptions on how their races look over there.
>>
>>341403187
Weirdest region? Black Marsh/Argonia, I guess
>>
>>341402150
Elsweyr
>the province is separated into two nations, both of which are client states of the Aldmeri Dominion. Anequina to the North incorporates a desert like badlands fairly similar to that of Hammerfell, whilst to the South lies Pelletine, its geography consisting of a variety of dense jungles and woodland comparable to that of Valenwood.

Only reason I might want them to wait till 7 is so they can get the GRAFXXX just right
>>
>>341403048
One of the devs confirmed they will never have a game in elsweyr or black marsh. the beast races are only spectators to the main story of elves and humans
>>
Valenwood is kind of disappointing. I was hoping for High Rock or Summerset, because I thought it might motivate Bethesda to not make magic so weak again.

It almost seems like Bethesda have completely given up on doing things themselves and are now letting memes dictate how they make their games. The hoarding meme led to FO4's settlement stuff, and now they're setting the next TES game in the Land of the Stealth Archers.
>>
>>341402515
shit, I remember that. totally clears up the technological limitations thing too, they're gonna do literal walking trees

I can't fucking wait
>>
>>341403462
There's like half snake people, fucking atronahcs, it's weird. Though I think the blades migrated from there
>>
Summerset. Most interesting one by far. Really, I am fine with any province as long as it's not Hammerfell. I always play the race native to the province the game takes place in but I don't think I could play a nigger. And Hammerfell is full of them.
>>
If the next game is in Valenwood, I wonder if alchemy will be considered a crime because of the Green Pact.
>>
>>341404569
O-Oh
>>
>>341402150
Akavir is only option
>>
>No Masser or Secunda options
>>
>>341402150
Cyrodil regardless of other games have been there

Intrigues and shit
>>
>>341402150
>>341405931
>>341402515
exactly.
Needs new technology.
Walking tree cities powered by gamebryo.
>>
>>341409208

Didn't they say the next ES game will be the last one?

If that's the case then I don't want it to end without ever seeing Akavir.
>>
>>341402573
>but from what I heard about the game
From whom, your buddies? Some cunt on the internet?

>Possibly all of the southern provinces of Tamriel
Get real, faggot, they're not doing that and you know it.
>>
>people voting Hammerfell

The fuck is wrong with people?
Why do they want one of the more generic regions that has already been in a game?
>>
File: Into_the_trash.jpg (12 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
Into_the_trash.jpg
12 KB, 279x181
>>341402150

>No Akavir
>>
>>341410124
First of all, only part of Hammerfell was in Daggerfall

Secondly Daggerfall came out 20 god damn years ago
>>
>>341410828
Yeah, but when you have the choice of a hostile swamp with crazy shit in it, a desert province straight out of an insane asylum, and a forest with giant fucking walking city trees, why would you want a generic desert arab place that we have visited before?
>>
>>341402150
Valenwood or Black Marsh.
>>
>>341410828

Hammerfell would have the fewest technological limitations for the next game so I'm betting it's not going to be there.
>>
File: 156060829.jpg (140 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
156060829.jpg
140 KB, 507x338
People are actually voting Hammerfell. lmfao why?
>>
>>341411301
Because it's the most generic place left they haven't properly explored.

After Oblivion copy pasted English medival culture, and Skyrim copy pasted Norse culture, I don't want them to copy paste north African culture. I want them to do something unique.
>>
>>341402150

while i don't care for summerset island or hammerfell i am extremely fucking thankful only three faggots voted high rock.

how much of a boring shitter must you be to want a game where the main environment gimmick is just NPCs having petty squabbles and feudal political bullshit? in fucking Tamriel?
>>
>>341411529
Valenwood, Elswyr or combination of the two is the only acceptable location.
>>
>>341411529
>I want them to do something unique.
and this is why Akavir is only option, we dont even know what kind of places is in there
>>
>>341412119
I feel Akavir is taking it to far. Not because of the weirdness but because it's one of the few places left with some mystery, and I think it should keep to that.

Like how Fallout 4 made the pre-war era look really fucking boring. It's better to keep us in the dark and only let small parts through.
>>
File: 1465299120648.gif (862 KB, 367x400) Image search: [Google]
1465299120648.gif
862 KB, 367x400
>>341412119
>taking it to far
>last TES game
>not visiting Akavir on last game
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (21 KB, 400x405) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
21 KB, 400x405
>>341412541
meant >>341412293
fuck
>>
If it's as far away as they say it is, then maybe they're trying to push for the entirety of Tamriel?

Probably just a pipe dream, but fuck me, that would be the bees knees.
>>
>>341412541
>>341412623
Who says it's the last?

Also. I'd rather have fond thoughts about Akavir than see them retcon the entire fucking island into some generic Cyrodil copy paste.
>>
File: Clouds.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Clouds.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
ES 6 in Valenwood.

"Do you get to the Crown District very often? Oh what am I saying of course you don't."
>>
>>341404569
>ESO sets it in Blackmarsh and on the outskirts of Elsweyr
So half right.
>>
>>341413062
This. ESO has many places.
>>
>>341404569
How can we trust Bethesda devs they said fallout 4 would be good.
>>
>>341404569
>Bethesda devs are racist to their own games
>>
>set in Valenwood
>Bethesda shits the bed and makes up some lore excuse as to why the main city tree no longer moves
>later in the game, Thalmor attack city
>theme some starts
>city starts moving across battlefield, swallowing countless troops under it's roots as it goes
>watch from up top while taking out enemies who are still on tree
>>
I'm just made Bethesda's development cycles are so retarded they can only work on 1 major game a time, that is to say they don't want to hire extra programmers who would be better than the dogshit programmers they have right now, which is why we'll now get a mediocre game once every 8 years instead of 4.
>>
>>341415181
why would the tree city attack its thalmor allies?
>>
>>341409848
>>341409208
>>341410469
>>341412119

Akavir would be coold, but what about the Coral Kingdom of Thras? I want to play a Sload slaver...
>>
>>341402150
Hammerfell. Elsweyr ain't bad, but comfy autumn forests and cannibal elves is just too appealing.
>>
>>341411949
we've already had a High Rock game anyway.
>>
File: Sload_big.jpg (45 KB, 495x479) Image search: [Google]
Sload_big.jpg
45 KB, 495x479
>Undead crabs as pets
>Airships bringing slaves to be killed and raised
>Fucking up the Thalmor
>Making plagues for fun
>>
elsweyr.

been hyped since I played Arena.
>>
Valenwood would be my choice, but if they can't even do small forests in skyrim right then I'd rather they do somewhere more generic. Also, isn't much of Black Marsh toxic to anyone but argonians?
>>
File: saint_jiub.jpg (624 KB, 1024x1657) Image search: [Google]
saint_jiub.jpg
624 KB, 1024x1657
New canon: Anything after Morrowind didn't happen.

>Vivec uses CHIM to leave some clues for the next Shezzarine to save Vvardenfel from impending Red Mountain eruption

>Big quest to get new Mantella

>Salvage Akhulakhan

>Use it to prevent Red Mountain eruption

>New Dragon Break

>Warp to different time and places all over Nirn; Akavir, Thras, Summerset Isles all that cool stuff

>Time recovers but Akhulakhan is irreversibly busted

>Now you must reunite the Houses the repel the Argonian invaders

>Chose to either preserve Dunmer tradition and preserve slavery, or blame House Dres and Telvanni for the clusterfuck and fight them to abolish it
>>
>>341416732
Amazing but newfags to the series and kiddies wouldn't get it at all.
>>
>>341416926
Everyone younger than me should leave anything touched by glorious Kirkbride alone.
>>
>>341417215
MK is the biggest hack in the industry.
>>
>>341417215
>>341417310

>hfw he makes it as confusing as possible so casuals can never get into it

Based.
>>
>>341417661
It's not confusing, it's just ridiculous.
>>
>>341416732
Very nice my dude
>>
>>341417661
I would lmao for a long time
>>
>>341415884
> 1 nobody likes the Thalmor, not even other Altmer
> 2 the Thalmor are purging the population in Valenwood
>>
>>341416732

>Morrowind fans
>calling themselves Elder scrolls "fans"
>not just fans of Kirkbride's edgy garbage and hating/downplaying everything else
>>
>>341416732
Michael, this is an intervention, you have to stop with all the drugs.

Seriously tho, Bethesda has to find a way to please old time fans but make a story that a new player can understand.
>>
>>341417998
What is an Elder Scrolls fan if not that? Before MK joined Elder Scrolls was literally the most generic fantasy RPG setting of all time, it had absolutely nothing going for it.
>>
>>341411301
Sword singing is great and Arabian fantasy is something that's rarely ever touched upon in video games.

>>341411529
>Because it's the most generic place left they haven't properly explored.
High Rock is literally just War of the Roses England.
>>
>>341418360
A happy medium between Kirkbride's acid trips and a story understandable by someone not under the influence of peyote would be the beat for the series.
>>
>>341418632
Are you under the impression that a happy medium was ever established in the franchise?

Also, MK's contributions are really not that hard to understand if you're not a normie casual, he just has some ridiculous idiosyncrasies to his writing but that doesn't make it hard to understand either.
>>
>>341418360

>le generic maymay

Epin, my friend, simply epin. And Morrowind was designed by a an entire team you moron. And many of the weird things weren't even made by MK but by Kurt Kuhlmann, who was also a designer for TES IV and V.
>>
>>341402150
>Now that Elder Scrolls 6 is confirmed

Source? Is there anything other than the Nuka World Memo that was floating around a while back?
>>
>>341418632
Honestly they just need to start calling things what they are. If they explained in Oblivion "You have mantled Sheogorath and Pelinal, mantling is..." etc etc. And again in Dragonborn "Miraak is trying to mantle the All-Maker, mantling is..." etc etc. Then people would actually start understanding things and the whacky shit could be incorporated more into the story. Putting all the meaty lore details on a random website and in a few in game books is not a smart plan.
>>
>>341418880
>many of the weird things weren't even made by MK but by Kurt Kuhlmann
I know some of the weird things originated in Redguard but a lot came from Morrowind, a game that Kuhlmann never worked on.
>>
>>341418850
>Also, MK's contributions are really not that hard to understand if you're not a normie casual

I don't know. Stuff like the 36 lessions is fine but his latest shit it pretty fucking weird. I don't think I'd be interested in meeting the ghosts of X and Y in the next game.
>>
File: kirkbride.jpg (308 KB, 682x5000) Image search: [Google]
kirkbride.jpg
308 KB, 682x5000
>>341418251
CHIM CHIM CHAROO MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>341419650
Obviously you won't but that makes me wonder if Landfall is ever going to happen in the actual games.
>>
>>341419727
The funniest thing about this is that CHIM is one of the simpler concepts of the deeper lore.

Fucking elves on the moon.
>>
>>341419758
Happen? God fucking no. At most I can imagine it happening off screen in the past. Even then I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>341419906
Which moon?
>>
>>341419906
KINMUNE mai waifu asteroid mining AI

Lusty Argonian Maid got nothing on her
>>
How would you feel about the new Elder Scrolls being set in Skyrim again?
>>
>>341419938
Maybe they'll make a futuristic scifi spin-off set in the ES universe in the 4th\nth era to compete with Cyberpunk 2077 and get the Skyrim audience.
>>
>>341419758
I doubt it. I'd like a game set on the moon after the landfall but we'll never see that either because humans wouldn't be playable.
>>
>>341418924
Except that you would lose what is interesting in the lore by spoon feeding babies. There is zero solid proof for any of what you said.
>>
>>341402150
The string of unexplored regions across the bottom of the map, also remake morrowind so young faggots like me can experience it
>>
>>341420098
I wouldn't even be too mad if they managed to make a good game this time.
>>
>>341406987
>When you are a /pol/tard and accidentally post on /v
>>
>>341420385
You can still play Morrowind now little guy.
>>
>>341420368
>Except that you would lose what is interesting in the lore by spoon feeding babies.
Man get the fuck off your high horse. What a pathetic thing to feel superior about, introducing the deeper lore to a wider audience does nothing other than allow them to put these things at the forefront and lets more people enjoy it.

> There is zero solid proof for any of what you said.
Multiple developers have confirmed mantling is a part of TES universe and all of the examples I gave fit what mantling is (or the attempt at it). It has no official confirmation no, but that was literally the thing I was complaining about.
>>
>>341420595
Even modded, Morrowind Combat is a garbage shitfest.
>>
>>341420731
How is it worse than Oblivion and Skyrim's?
>>
>>341420731
Fortunately the combat becomes a mild annoyance at worst pretty quick, after which you can focus on taking in the atmosphere and everything that makes the game great.
>>
>>341420664
It would make that particular scene where they explain everything seem really obtuse. It's just bad storytelling. It should exist in the game in some fashion, but be easy to discover for the player if they investigate.
>>
>>341420731

>actual fun magic instead of dumbed-down generic RPG spells

Nah.
>>
>>341420731
It's better once you git gud.
>>
Not Tamriel.
Akavir or maybe Thras
>>
>>341420664
>Man get the fuck off your high horse. What a pathetic thing to feel superior about
Projecting your stupidity I see. The reason they don't give solid proof is because it's fun to discuss all the possibilities.
What you want is for the developers to gut that discussion by forcing their view in order to "appease" to the so called casuals.

The thing you're missing is that most people don't give a fuck about mantling or any of that shit. Your reddit and 4chan communities are a small minority.
>>
>>341420870
Long exposition pieces aren't exactly unfamiliar in TES, it wouldn't feel out of place at all. They could explain mantling very simply and then put the extra details in a book or note that the same NPC gives to you.
>>
I don't even care as long as they don't fuck up the quests, characters and leveling system like Skyrim. But they probably will.

Goddamn why do they even feel the need to give that turd a polished remake. Graphics were one of the few things NOT shit about it.

I've just about given up on ever having a good Elder Scrolls game again
>>
>>341420595
I get payed tomorrow and was gonna buy it, but I dont know where to start with the modding to make it easier of a pill to swallow
>>
>>341421032
>it's fun to discuss all the possibilities.
But we know for a fact some things about mantling. Those things could be told in the game so that everybody could access them. Then if they really give a shit they can hop online and talk about the more dubious aspects.

>most people don't give a fuck about mantling or any of that shit
Because they have zero fucking clue what it is due to how obscure it is on how to learn about it all.
>>
File: 1399602489682.png (16 KB, 309x266) Image search: [Google]
1399602489682.png
16 KB, 309x266
>game takes place in Elsweyr and Valenwood, as well as parts of Summerset Isles
>sailing is full interactive and you can explore a great deal of the seas south of Tamriel/arund Summerset

>game has much of the Bosmer and the Khajiit rebel against the Thalmor and create an allience with the Empire, of which you can be a member, or you can choose to fight for the Thalmor (unless you play a Man race)

>DLC takes place in the land of the Sea Elves as the player discovers that the real battle was below the sea the whole time
>the Dreaugh, who's once great kingdom has now been reduced to just a few deep-sea strongholds, are fighting the Sload who seek to bring death to the mainlanders and spread Hermaeus Mora's influence
>can choose to fight for either side while also aiding the Sea Elves who the Sload have been fucking with recently

>post yfw the Dreaugh are children of the Hist in the same way as Argonians, and were the dominant race in the previous Kalpa
>post yfw Black March is just the corner of the Hist's territory as it stretches for far far below the sea
>>
>Places new bethesda would ruin
Black Marsh
Valenwood
Summerset Isles
Morrowind

>Places they'd probably do okay
Elsweyr
Hammerfel
High Rock

Morrowind was the most fantastical they've ever gotten with the series, I don't think they could do the setting like blackmarsh right, with the giant worm stomach trade tunnels and diseases everywhere, or valenwood, with massive walking tree cities.
>>
>>341421235

>Black March is just the corner of the Hist's territory as it stretches for far far below the sea

Brilliant.
>>
>>341421235
This

Expect sailing and minecraft level crafting/world building support on a next-gen graphical level with full VR support by the time ESVI releases.

That's why they're taking so long.
>>
>>341421357
Summerset they could do fine, I don't see why not.

No way would they pull of Elsweyr and all those variations of Khajiit.
>>
>>341402150
Its going to be Valenwood, the trees have stopped moving so thats not the problem, (well the tower stopped moving, they can easily claim that the trees did as well)
Its also the only region, other than Hammerfel that is actually feasible, they arent going to make Elsweyr, because only furfags would buy that one, same with Black Marsh, but Argonia is also uninhabitable for other races

and for once stealth archery being the most viable play style will actually make sense
>>
>>341421136
Just pirate it man.
>>
>>341402150
When was it confirmed? I mean, it's obviously going to happen, but I don't recall it getting a mention during E3 so far.
>>
>>341402150
What the fuck did I miss?
>>
>>341421136
The Morrowind code patch comes with all the graphic mods, qol improvements and bug fixes
>>
>>341421582
Except it's still

>swing
>miss
>swing
>miss
>swing
>miss
>swing
>3 dmg
>swing
>miss
>you ran out of HP 3 swings ago actually, LOL gitgudfgt
>CTD

I'll wait for Skywind to be somewhat finished, thanks.
>>
>>341421545
Todd said they have to wait to do TES 6 because the technology they want isn't available yet. They also have "two major projects" to finish before they do it.
>>
>>341421742
optimise your stats better faggot
>>
>>341421742
>make a character that doesn't have good melee stats
>why he no hit tho???? she succ me
fucking millennials
>>
>>341410117
You are the cunt on the internet
>>
>>341421481
>only furfags would buy that one
khajiit breeds include cargirls so you can count weebs in too.
>>
>>341421481
Weren't there some small human race settlements in the northern outskirts of argonia?
>>
>>341421947
true, but I think most normalfags would be turned off, and they probably greatly outnumber furries and weebs
>>
>>341421742
>why am I so shit? BAWWWWWW
It's an RPG. Your stats matter. It's not even a difficult concept for 12 year olds to pick up on, what's your excuse?
>>
>>341402150
skyrim
>>
>>341421742
> I'm too stupid to figure out how to optimize my stats.
>>
https://youtu.be/GLmlxX8QeVI

6:04

Even Todd admits they fucked up
>>
>>341421436
They're taking so long because they've been working on Fallout, so you get the same game you would have gotten on a 4 year development cycle, now dated, in twice the time.
>>
>>341421742
>i dont know what RPGs were originally like because im underage, the post
>>
I just hope we can equip more than two spells at a time in a fashion similar to MMOs
>>
ALL
OF
THE
PLACES
>>
>>341421742
For (You)
>>
>>341421447
>tfw no talking tigers
>>
>>341402150

someone actually doubted it was in development?
>>
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/bethesda-says-two-upcoming-games-are-as-big-as-skyrim-and-fallout
>>
>>341421791
What the fuck? Seriously? We won't be getting the next installment till the 2030s a this rate.
>>
>>341421426
Can't tell if serious but Marsh was a typo. It's been a long day.

Seriously though it's just a fan theory of mine but Dreugh do exibit a number of characteristics of Argonians (water breathing, metamorphic changes, can be somewhat humanoid or mostly beast), and they also seem to inhabit the areas mainly around the southern half of Morrowind as well as south-east Cyrodiil. It's just too convenient.
>>
>>341421582
Ill check it out, thnks m8
>>
>>341422273
>the studio has two major projects, two major games that they are planning on doing before they get to an Elder Scrolls 6

you really should paste the important points, anon, or pastebin the article
>>
>>341421791
>>341422273
>Bethesda doing something other than TES and Fallout
Uh
What could it be?
>>
>>341422502
Cyberpunk RPG
>>
>>341422028
Yeah but no one wants to play a game where you only explore the outskirts of Black Marsh, dumb dumb.
>>
>>341422502
They're just publishing Prey right? Or using the devs as slave labor, whatever.
>>
>>341421223
Even if you made it more "accessible" I guarantee you barely anyone would read it. Do you think people bother to read Tolkien's works and his letters and understand what he meant? No, they watch the movies, call the books boring and shitpost on 4chan.

The thing you're proposing is to make it Mantlingâ„¢, CHIMâ„¢ when these very concepts are incredibly vague already that a lot of the people who "understand" them disagree on the exact terms. You already have it mentioned in some books by the more clever writers, but they are obtuse about it. If someone is actually interested he will catch these qualities and go online to learn more.
You don't need Bob the expositioner to spoonfeed you overly long, dull and probably wrong explanations, especially in Bethesda's ever poorer storytelling.
>>
>>341422502
My Little Pony RPG.
>>
>>341422456
http://pastebin.com/pT015tku
>>
>>341422381
No, I really do mean the idea of the Hist being a huge underwater realm with many races and Black Marsh being the land part of it is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>341422381
>>341422882

There was also something in the lore about Vivec fighting some Dreugh leader.

So the whole Hist Realm vs (some religious/racial/political) faction in Tamriel could be very interesting
>>
>>341422097
I honestly think the only reason people hate on Todd is because Zenimax has too much influence on the development and the programmers suck so the games end up not living up to his initial expectations causing him to seem like he's lying..
>>
>>341422564
>openly challenging CDPR
Not the best idea.

>>341422587
Right. They've been publishing a lot of different things, but Toddler's team has been focusing only on TES and Fallout for a long time now.
>>
>>341423297
>Not the best idea
why?
>>
>>341422836
Why would they do these new projects before TES 6. Seriously, how many years are we talking?
>>
>>341422502
What IPs do they own?

I doubt they're making a new universe out of scratch, they haven't had the creativity for it for a long time now.
>>
Meanwhile in Morrowind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEW4yKcaLEM

>>341402150
I want Elsweyr or Black Marsh.

>>341409208
That might be fun.

>>341411301
Probably because WE WAZ KANGS AN SHIEET and fucking Muslims.
>>
>>341423385
If they're doing 2 new projects as big as Skyrim and fallout, 8 years
>>
>>341423372
Someone's going to get blown the fuck out, and I sincerely doubt it'll be CDPR. Then again, maybe competition will force Todd to step it up.

>>341423385
Assuming these are actual, big projects, I'd say 6-8 years. Any more without a new TES seems unreal.
>>
>>341418251
They had it going with Skyrim.

At first glance you are a superpowered dragonslayer destined to kill a superdragon and save the world.

At third glance you are an avatar of the "dead" god of man and are through your actions about to mantle the man-god. Your destiny are to fight a distant relative that actually in a way is just another version of yourself.
>>
>>341423157
Shut up Todd
>>
>>341423664
>>341423673
So the time from Skyrim to the next installment would be at least 11 fucking years? I understand that it takes some time to build hype but, not even as a fan of the series, making people wait that long for the next game seems like a surreal if not horrible move.
>>
>>341423910
It's reasonable IF Beth can deliver something fantastic with TES 6, if they have an actual vision this time.
>>
>>341423910
>making people wait that long for the next game seems like a surreal if not horrible move.
Agreed. Normies will forget the TES series even existed by then.
>>
>>341402150
Tamriel

Any other answer is pitiful.
>>
>>341402150
>game is confirmed
>it will be set somewhere everyone hates or worse in "a BRAND NEW area of ES4 pr ES5 that was unseen until now!"
>>
File: 1324498848001.jpg (63 KB, 680x734) Image search: [Google]
1324498848001.jpg
63 KB, 680x734
>>341402150
The most logical choice for them would be hammerfell, so they could ride the negro-wave like EA is currently doing. Problem is we don't know if that fad will be up by the time they release next year..
>>
>>341424208
It'd be worse then them forgetting, normies wouldn't even know that the series exists considering the video game playing normies are all teenagers to young adults.

I'd still be interested in it but damn it's disheartening to think that a shot at a truly immersive world with lore I spent years getting into is more than a decade away.
>>
>>341402150
It's gonna be redguard 100%. They couldn't pull off a mer game like in the past due to modern audience, and high rock has already been done. Besides dindus are hugely popular among gamers right now.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (77 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
77 KB, 1440x1080
Of course Todd might be rusing with his comment, he spoke about how he thinks the announcement of a game must be a big event and doesn't want to do it too soon, so he's just making shit up to make the announcement in 2017 E3 be a surprise.

TES is such a cash cow that they won't be abandoning it any time soon, they have enormous normie hype after Skyrim.
>>
>>341405931
>they're gonna do literal walking trees
there's a book in Skyrim that states, for whatever reason, the walking trees have permentally rooted themselves.
So the trouble of making a moving tree city is no more.
Always remember: if the lore of the land has cool stuff in it that would be hard to actually make, Bethesda will just retcon it out of existence. There can only be boring RPGs, cool interesting fun stuff isn't allowed to exist. That stuff is too hard to make, and it's not like they are a multimillion dollar company that takes years to make it's games. There's no way they could make big trees with feet that walk in a dedicated path. impossible
>>
>>341424875
>there's a book in Skyrim that states, for whatever reason, the walking trees have permentally rooted themselves.

really? fuck you bethesda
>>
>>341402515
>>2014 leak confirmed both Fallout 4 location and Nuka World dlc
>>also contained "elder scrolls vi" and "project greenheart"
Sounds like bullshit, but I might believe it. Post the leak.
>>
>>341425012
> greentexting is hard.
>>
>>341424875
>There's no way they could make big trees with feet that walk in a dedicated path. impossible

not really. check halo 3's scarabs for example, and they even have some degree of freedom in their movement, they're not set on a predetermined path. sure they are wonky but it's a decade old game
>>
>>341425169
I think that was sarcasm, anon
>>
>>341425289
you need to post images of frogs when writing sarcastically
>>
>>341425012
Actually doesn't that completely shit on the theory that next elder scrolls will be there? Considering the elder scrolls and project greenheart are listed as different things and we know they're working on new projects.
>>
>>341402150

Oblivion, I want to play as a dramora.
>>
>>341425385
The leak came before the reveal of the two new projects. I guess the whole thing needs to be reanalyzed now.
>>
>>341422097
Everything Todd said there is sexually pleasing me.
How can one man be so charismatic?
>>
what is this leak everyone talkng about
>>
File: bilder_1171185gulm.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
bilder_1171185gulm.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1079
>>341426853
From 2014, confirmed by .esm file opened in HexEditor containing information about a Nuka World DLC (later confirmed by an actual announcement of a Nuka World DLC), so unless this guy accurately predicted the exact name of a DLC of an as of yet unannounced Fallout 4 the other names on there are legit too.
>>
>>341421791
sauce pls senpai
>>
>>341402150
Akavir

Todd cashing in on the weeaboo audience

He will also market it as "revolutionary", "groundbreaking" and "a first in Bethesda"
>>
>>341427764
it really makes no sense to place it in Akavir, unless they are dropping the whole towers subplot
>>
>>341421791
See
>>341422836
>>
>>341428310
they're dropping subplots left and right with every installment
>>
>>341420889
>fun magic
>Run out of mana after casting 3 fireballs and have to chug potions/find a bed

Not my idea of fun anon
>>
>>341429547
Atronach + Spell Absorption items = Immune to magic + free magicka
>>
>>341415884
One of the Thalmor officers decides he wants a desk made out of their moving tree cities. Cue the trees eating everyone in the forest that isn't a woodelf.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.