[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>beat DOOM >thourghly enjoyed every moment of it for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>beat DOOM
>thourghly enjoyed every moment of it for the first time in a decade
>feel like this is the triumphant return of FPS
>decide to try out the multiplayer, it can't possibly be as bad as everyone said
>it's even fucking worse
So with the disaster that is DOOM's outsourced shit MP, the new Quake being an Overwatch clone, and UT4 having an active playerbase of literally 50 people, is it safe to say we'll never get a good online arena shooter again?
>>
Poo
>>
Probably, everything needs loadouts, classes and progression to keep the kiddies who grew up with CoD happy, and they make up the majority of the market so devs will always try to appeal to them.

The bottom line is to make money, not a good game.
>>
>>341402007
>modern FPS is balanced around two gun loadouts because consoleplebs have no way to effectively swap between multiple guns that do unique and fun things
Thanks for killing another genre, faggots.
>>
>>341401729
Real gamers grew up and stopped playing vidya. Enjoy your nu-male kiddie shit.
>>
people don't like to play games that don't reward you for sucking anymore

after every match they want something that goes "ding!" and gives you a cookie
>>
>>341401729
UT4 would have been fine if Epic wasn't a bunch of fucking morons trying to push their own platform
>>
>>341402384
This was exactly the complaint with Titanfall, the developers minimised unlocking treadmills and all the kiddies screamed there wasn't enough reason to keep playing. Who cares about whether the gameplay is any good, it's all about the fucking unlock treadmill nowadays.
>>
>>341402380
>posting on a video game board and doesn't play video games
So what you're saying is, everything you say on the matter is completely irrelevant because you're just a shitposting faggot?
>>
It's fucking amazing how a game so rooted in old school FPS with an almost perfect campaign can have such dogshit multiplayer.

Not only did they put fucking loadouts in fucking Doom, but you have to unlock the fucking weapons. You have to unlock the weapons before you can even use them. In Doom.

Hopefully it'll get better since iD is now taking over the multiplayer, but unless they remove loadouts and weapon limits its always going to be trash.
>>
I bet id and Bethesda are kicking themselves for making all the Season Pass bullshit fucking Multiplayer content.

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce that the last Multiplayer pack is getting cut for more single player levels.
>>
>>341401729
UT4 isn't even out yet
>>
>>341403046
If they Bethesda were smart they'd cut all multiplayer support and focus that DLC on singleplayer and actual mod support.

>>341403130
It's been out for over a year. If you meant to say it's still an Alpha, sure. That doesn't change the fact the development is at a crawl, they have no budget for advertising, and the small playerbase is already crumbling because the game is so barebones.
>>
>>341401729
>it's even fucking worse
I dare you to give reasons why.
Is is shitposting without making it look realistic too difficult for you, you fucking plebbitor?
>>
>>341403046
>Wouldn't be surprised if they announce that the last Multiplayer pack is getting cut for more single player levels.
Some pleb somewhere will be angry, but everyone else everywhere will be happy.
>>
>>341403335
Sure.

>weapon loadouts.
>you have to unlock weapons.
>no meaningful powerups on map except for LE DEMON POSSESION that just take away all skill based fighting
>game is no longer based around controlling weapon spawns
>everything is floaty and weightless
>it takes 4 FOUR direct rocket hits to kill somebody
>the super shotgun, the fucking staple of the genre, can't even gib somebody with 2 TWO point blank shots
>there's hardly any feedback for taking damage, no knockaround, no sounds, and the damage is so insignificant you don't notice anything
>maps are poorly designed and way too open, combined with nothing to fight over just makes it empty and boring, like a BF map.

It's like Halo, but even more casualized.
>>
>>341401729
They just announced a remastered version of Bulletstorm 13 hours ago how about a remastered Painkiller too?

Come on People Can Fly get on it.
>>
>>341404230
>>weapon loadouts.
This is alright, but lame
>>you have to unlock weapons.
>>no meaningful powerups on map except for LE DEMON POSSESION that just take away all skill based fighting
t. fag who played for 5minutes and never even got quad or haste
>>game is no longer based around controlling weapon spawns
Powerups, gauss canon, removes static defence of areas and everyone moves more
>>everything is floaty and weightless
Feels exactly the same as the singleplayer
>>it takes 4 FOUR direct rocket hits to kill somebody
Yes, it needs more damage/splash but obviously the airbust was for lateral fighting due to controllers
>>the super shotgun, the fucking staple of the genre, can't even gib somebody with 2 TWO point blank shots
It can
>>there's hardly any feedback for taking damage, no knockaround, no sounds, and the damage is so insignificant you don't notice anything
>>maps are poorly designed and way too open, combined with nothing to fight over just makes it empty and boring, like a BF map.
Partially agree. Some vary. The hell map with the floating rocks is easily the worst.
>>
>>341404441
>another remaster of a <10 year old game
It's like people are scared to make anything original, it really is just the remaster generation. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>multiplayer
theres multiplayer? Why not just play unreal tournament or something?
>>
>>341404441
> remastered Painkiller
Hell and Damnation IS remastered painkiller
>>
>>341404667
>This is alright, but lame
You think having a 2 weapon limit and loadout in a fucking arena fps is "alright". I should honestly just stop here, because you're clearly a faggot, but I'll keep going.

>t. fag who played for 5minutes and never even got quad or haste
Yes, you have to UNLOCK weapons by leveling up, I don't know why you're implying otherwise.

And QD and Haste are pointless when the maps are huge, open, the weapons do no damage, and everyone is fucking SNIPING with a CHARGE UP SCOPED SNIPER RIFLE in a fucking DOOM GAME

>Powerups, gauss canon, removes static defence of areas and everyone moves more
Which don't matter anymore, hence why I said nobody fights around them. Because everyone just snipes and spams floaty, slow, damageless rockets. Because that's the most effective way to get kills in this abortion.

>Feels exactly the same as the singleplayer
AHah AHah AHahaha hahA HahA HAhAhad haH a hoyl shit do you actually believe this? Have you even played the single player?

>Yes, it needs more damage/splash but obviously the airbust was for lateral fighting due to controllers
And... you're defending this? Honestly?

>It can
Nope. Each point blank hit does 40-50 damage. You can try it out yourself because now everytime you hit somebody the damage comically pops above their head like a fucking Borderlands game.

ID may fix a lot of these problems, unfortunately the biggest problems are the core mechanics themselves. They should just cut the servers and the planned DLC and work on more singleplayer shit. Because that was actually good and not built around retards on a controller and constant need to be rewarded with shitty unlocks.
>>
>>341404667
>weapon loadouts
>alright
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>341402380

This real gamers gave up.

everyone gives up, just face reality.
>>
>>341401729
I don't think the new quake is an overwatch clone. Don't get me wrong it probably came to light because of it but it won't be the same.

They interviewed that guy and he said it's class based DEATHMATCH and that you can very well only ever play 1 character.

Not like tourneys wont be all 1 character anyways.
>>
>>341407838
Having character abilities in Quake is a deal breaker regardless.

The whole draw of the game was that everyone is on equal footing and the only deciding factor is your skill.

Now UT4 is our only hope.
>>
>>341402301
The weapon wheel works in campaign, there's no reason they couldn't use that. Or the D-pad which is used for the totally important purpose of four (4 (IV)) taunts.
>>
>>341408224
Yeah I'm just saying it won't play like overwatch. Who knows maybe they'll hear all the flak and change it since it seems early enough in development. Or atleast a classic mode.
>>
>>341408401
I can't even imagine playing the game with the weapon wheel.

The game is all about constant fast paced action and constant weapons switching. Pausing to do that seems horrid and I get why consoles are so dumbed down.
>>
>>341408510
Considering the game is called Quake: Champions gotta get that LoL crowd in and the huge success of Overwatch I doubt they'll ever change that.

We can dream though ;~;
>>
>>341402384
>>341402007

It's so dumb, bevause appealing to COD fans doesn't work, they will keep playing COD. If a dev did something actually different they might develop their own playerbase instead of alienating everyone except the people already being catered to.

The constant need for progression and unlocks is an issue, but Doom doesn't even suffer Gameplaywise from it much at all. I unlocked everything important except the final 2 grenades and the last demon in a single evening. Most of the Skinner box bullshit is cosmetic, or random challanges which is fine since it doesn't affect gameplay and keeps more people playing.

They could have very easily made a no-Loadout, no-weapon limit shooter and just had 1000s of cosmetics/taunts to unlock if they needed things to go DING.
>>
>>341408957
>appealing to COD fans doesn't work, they will keep playing COD
Seems to be working for Battlefield 1.
>>
>>341409213
Battlefield and COD have been the same game for almost a decade now.
>>
>>341401729
>the new Quake being an Overwatch clone

Characters having a special ability do not mean class-based. For what we know it's still a classic arena-shooter with weapon pickup, strafe-jumping, deathmatch, etc.

It's not classes with specific roles and designated weapons that are made only for team-based modes.
>>
>>341401729
Perhaps, but you can play Hawken.
>>
>>341408557
After you've played for a bit and get the muscle memory down its not that bad, you can switch to anything in a fraction of a second. I wish tapping the button cycled through weapons instead of switching between the last 2, that would encourage much more switching.

Or better yet have 4 guns tied to the D-pad, and another 4 tied to D-pad + holding down weapon wheel button. Claw-grip to victory.
But then switching grenades and mods would need to be rebinded.
>>
>>341409331
But adding abilities strips the game of its skill ceiling and will add a cancerous meta that nobody but ASSFAGGOTS faggots enjoy.
>>
>>341409460
>Or better yet have 4 guns tied to the D-pad, and another 4 tied to D-pad + holding down weapon wheel button.
I've always wondered myself why nobody uses some kind of modifier on controllers. It would open up so many more possibilities and play styles to consoles.

I guess that would be too complicated though, and sadly consoles have to cater to the retards.
>>
>>341409331
This. The interview with the announcer said anything you could do in quake 3 you can do in champions.

If the abilities are strong though it will lower the skill ceiling, but as I said earlier maybe they'll do a classic mode.
>>
When I used to play wow (lol) and tf2 I would just bind Q and tab to actions or guns. That plus 1,2,3 gives you 5 weapons switches very easily.
>>
>>341410285
>tfw DOOM made me bind a gun to M4, M5, alt, shift, and f1
I almost forgot a game could have more weapons than generic assault rifle and generic sniper rifle.
>>
to be fair, certain affinity is no longer working on the MP and id software is fixing it. The only confirmed improvement of the actual gameplay is a single "classic mode" which will be a free for all style mode, so I'd imagine that loadouts and two weapon limit will be removed for that mode. of course that still leaves the team deathmatch as a shitty COD clone that surrounds around an RNG powerup. and free for all isn't exactly a very competitive mode, it's really just for casual fragging and sharpening your aim.

>>341405304
>and everyone is fucking SNIPING with a CHARGE UP SCOPED SNIPER RIFLE in a fucking DOOM GAME
Yeah when I see the entire enemy team in clan arena using sniper rifles, I keep thinking "doom shouldn't have sniper rifles". It really is just lame and doesn't fit with the style of gameplay that the MP was marketed to have
>>
>>341410285
>TAB
How did you switch targets then? By clicking every time?
>>
>>341407838
>class based DEATHMATCH
so like lawbreakers? I wonder who'll win that battle
>>
>>341401729
isn't Id gonna fix the multiplayer? or are they just working on dlc?
>>
>>341402972
Didn't they say at E3 that they were adding in a classic multiplayer mode?
Either way, the damage is done. Nobody is going to play D44m's multiplayer.
>>
How do you thoroughly enjoy doom and feel like it is a triumphant return to fps? Its worse than cod in terms of consolitis. Faggots. Bethesda has the best shills. Rinse and repeat it is wolfenstein TNO all over again. Good job shills. The best I ever seen.
>>
>>341409331
I'm worried they'll make it so that players will be able to spawn with railgun, shotgun, or something else depending on what character they choose
>>
>>341411048
see >>341410943
>>
>>341409374

too bad its ded
>>
>>341411197
to add to this, don't you find it fishy that the champion with the most mobility (blue hair girl) has the MG, a lightweight sort of weapon, and the guy with the wallhack has the railgun, and the heavy looking dude has the rocket launcher?
>>
>>341411167
Care to explain how?

Careful not to say something stupid that proves you've never played it like "glory kills slow it down" or "the maps are linear"
>>
>>341411496
I was thinking that too, it could very well just have been like that because those weapons best suited the theme of those characters for the trailer but i'm still skeptical. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>341411845
On one hand I'm really hopeful because of how well iD handled DOOM.

On the other hand Bethesda...

I really just want more information so I can decide if it's shit or not and stop caring.
>>
Doom 2016 has done the impossible.

It managed to somehow be the best and worst FPS to come out in 2016.

The Singleplayer represents everything good that DOOM stands for and why it was a huge impact to FPS games.

The multiplayer on the other hand represents EVERYTHING WRONG with multiplayer shooters these days.
>>
File: sad-frog.jpg (13 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog.jpg
13 KB, 227x222
>>341412296
It would be asking too much to have a DOOM campaign and Quake 3 MP in the same game anyways...
>>
File: 1426250518401.jpg (24 KB, 264x239) Image search: [Google]
1426250518401.jpg
24 KB, 264x239
>>341404230
>everyone spamming four things: vortex rifle, chaingun, siphon grenade, and combat shotty

Does anyone else feel immensely satisfied when you glory kill one of these faggots and taunt after?
>>
>>341403130
UT4 has been out for a year
>>
>>341411496
Ranger changes his weapon in the trailer so hopefully loadouts won't be a thing

But, the trailer never showed any pickups either...
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.