[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Xenoblade? (Xenoblade Chronicles in particular)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 450x253
What does /v/ think of Xenoblade? (Xenoblade Chronicles in particular)
>>
>>341395335
Man if only the actual game looked this good
>>
everything good about it is contained in the soundtrack. you know, typical jrpg
>>
>>341395335

It's good. The world looks nice and creative, and the music's amazing.

The story is good+ (while not amazing) and the characters are all likable.

The combat is MMO-like though, so hope you like hotbars.
>>
10/10 game
Its somewhere in Top 5 for me.

Amazing music, great storytelling and characters, art style was really well done for a Wii game.
Really liked the combat. Hated it at first for how basic it was, but it gets much much better when you get more party members.

The side content might as well be from a shitty MMO game, but I barely even touched them and got 80 hours out of the game.

Just stuff from the top of my head.
>>
>>341396019
OP Here, in new game+ and around lvl 87, any ideas for good spots to grind? besides alcamoth
>>
>>341395335
It's GOAT. Story, atmosphere, characters, are all incredible. Maybe the best atmosphere/setting in a game I've ever played. Excellent music really rounded it out

I don't know, but X just isn't the same. Characters, music, and story are all shit and it makes me sad ;_;
>>
>>341395335
Is the original better than X?
>>
>>341398441
In terms of story, music, and feel, yes. X had better graphics and arguably improved gameplay
>>
>>341395335
I think I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T SEE YOU
>>
>>341395335
the first one is godly.
the second one broke my heart. i still cant even look at my wii u. it was so good- gameplay, art direction, world construction, narrative, all of it. and then, they totally dropped the ball with the ending. feelsbadman
>>
FIORA COMES BACK AS A BLOSSOM DANCE
>>
>>341399046
WIYLD DAOWN
>>
>>341398441
now that is a topic of discussion. They're hardly comparable if you ask me
>>
>>341395335
I have to ask this here, nobody really replied before.

on the 3ds version the game has been running fine, i got up to the part where shulk has a vision of the nigger falling into that pit or something, and then you fight the big robot at the end using chain attacks. during the beginning of this area it was fine, but when i came back to play it after a while the game runs slow as fuck. during the entire section and during the boss fight the game runs fucking slow as shit. is this how the fucking game is because i will just put it aside for the wii then and delete it on my 3ds. its hacked btw
>>
>>341400079
I have it on 3ds and there's no slowdown issue for me. The only way it slows down for me is if i'm fighting with 5+ enemies at once
>>
>>341400289
well i have to add that when i fast traveled to the first area of the game the game starts running normal then goes back to being slow. i wonder why that is?
>>
>>341399482
apples and oranges or great vs terrible?
>>
I really like Xenoblade Chronicles but dislike Xenoblade X. Can't really explain why
>>
>>341400542
The change in tone between games is a pretty drastic one. After all, chronicles DID have shulk (and the "monando"), so there's that going for it.
>>
>>341398706
Yo man wtf?
>>
Google says xenoblade chronicles is available on new Nintendo 3DS
Does that Nintendo 3DS can't run it?
>>
>>341401050
yes only the N3ds can run it
>>
>>341395335
Pros
>heart-to-heart
>setting
>english dub

Cons
>Shitty mmo combat.
>Shitty mmo side quests
>Fucking retarded story revolving around the Monado
>>
>>341400425
anyb ody have ideas why the game itself is slow on my n3ds?
>>
>>341395335

i liked the story I really do, its just that the betrayal reveal was done cheesy. although the overall premise of Bionis vs Mechonis was cool though. Also Zanza as the big bad was weak and he didn't had the presence to be a proper villain. the robot dude was better.

The quests are optional and people complaining about the fetch are retarded. you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

The world is also vast which i really really liked and the battle system is great. Had great variety and builds for Dunban, Shulk, etc.

My candidate for best rpg in N3DS
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.