[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dishonored Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
One of the few good games announced at e3
>>
its weird that this is the first thread ive seen about it. i thought people would at least be talking about it more
>>
>>341389739
I'm actually glad it's not getting overhyped. People will find ways to complain about it
>>
>>341389846
Dishonered was one of my favorite games next to Sleeping Dogs. This game was so good that even after I'd scratched it up and had to keep resetting the game because of the no killing thing I wanted to do I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm excited about the next one. Is there a trailer?
>>
>>341389618
It looks like it'll be a good sequel.

Can't wait to hear /v/ shit on it
>>
>>341389618

I'm curious to see if it will feel as rushed.

The fact that you played back to back missions in the same quarter of the city in the first one always felt cheap to me. I also wish there was a bit more openness to the city.

The footage and trailer didn't lead me to think so. Looked pretty linear and confined.
>>
What do you guys think about focus strikes? Smith mentioned them before and I think that's what Emily was doing when she held up sword upwards after she did that drop assassination.
>>
>>341389618

Hopefully this will essentially be a better version of the first one.
I enjoyed the first one but fuck did it feel like it was half finished. More choice needed and consequences for your actions as advertised.
>>
>>341390406
>more choice needed
>he doesnt know about the 5 ways to kill the High Overseer

>as advertised
>every game says this, don't fall for the meme
>>
PS3 definitive edition is on sale for 10 dollaridoos

should I get it
>>
>>341389739

Too busy having their precious console war threads
>>
>>341389618
First for best couple
>>
>>341390638
yes

be sure to play the Daud dlc
>>
>>341390638
and by definitive edition I meant goty edition
>>
>>341389618
Unrelatedish question but is the novel that's getting released canon?
>>
>>341390637

That's the first guy man. It's like they did it for him and then couldn't be asked to do it for the other targets.
I mean, there IS choice but not nearly as much as implied.

And yeah yeah, fell for the lies again.
>>
>>341390036
Here the trailer
https://youtu.be/lNFtACeifcU

And the game play
https://youtu.be/tdI5E_50aBE
>>
>>341390793
The corroded man one right? I think so
>>
>>341389618
I'm pretty hyped for this. Gonna play non lethal Emily first
>>
>>341389618
Is it true that we have a choice of refusing the outsideers powers?
>>
>>341390637
>the 5 ways to kill the High Overseer
What? I only know of how you can poison his drink.
>>
>>341389618
Hopefully stealth will be viable and the game won't have you be ridiculously overpowered without consequence.
>>
>>341389618
I'm gonna go high chaos on my first run
>>
>>341392610
as far as i know plus drinking theres
kinnig himyiurself with bombs/blades
the branding
a guard can kill him
and uhh? idk about 5 but theres 4
>>
>>341390678
Stop it. This is pedophilea
>>
>>341389739
There were a few yesterday but they die out quick because unless you discuss lore this isn't much to say besides good game that looks like will have a better sequel.
>>
>Dishonored 2 wins GOTY just like the first game

I wouldn't be surprised really, it looks like it's going to be amazing. I have 156 hours in the first one despite its shortness.
>>
>>341392768
Stealth was easy and viable in the first game.
>>
>>341392768
Devs already confirmed purist mode where you have no powers if you are looking for a challenge.
>>
Is it possible to get these achievements in one run?
>Ghost: You completed all missions after the prologue, alerting or killing no one but key targets
>Mostly Flesh and Steel: You finished the game without purchasing any supernatural powers or enhancements, besides Blink
>Clean Hands: You completed the game without killing anyone
>Poetic Justice: You neutralized all key targets using indirect means
I really don't want to do a fourth play through if I fuck up my third one.
>>
>>341395403
Yes
>>
>>341389618
I have a theory that the outsider is "dying" and that's how Delilah escaped.
>>
>>341395475
Thanks, but that incredibly fast response makes me doubt your answer. Fuck it, I'm doing it. Thanks again.
>>
File: cast.jpg (32 KB, 470x400) Image search: [Google]
cast.jpg
32 KB, 470x400
>>341389618
It looked a bit rough in spots but will end up pretty good, looking forward to it.

This and Forza are all I'm really interested in.
>>
>>341395541
there are much easier ways to explain her escaping, especially one that actually makes complete sense in game.
She just made another painting and took over some else's body, sparing her did leave her in her art studio.
>>
Depends on how you define "good." All I saw was that they learned NOTHING from the flaws of the first game.

Blink is still free and infinite, there still isn't a single goddamn enemy that can stand up to your bullshit, and you have EVEN more bullshit-y bullshit at your disposal than ever. In the first game I was able to make it through endgame encounters on the highest difficulty by facerolling my keyboard. Looks like in this one I'll be able to do the same with even fewer button-presses.

It doesn't even look like they had the decency to shrink the OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE parry window from the first game. You'd think that would be an obvious one.
>>
File: hngh.png (1 MB, 1917x1079) Image search: [Google]
hngh.png
1 MB, 1917x1079
Loved the first one, second one is looking amazing. Also got best waifu
>>
>>341389618

>Telling The Outsider to go fuck himself and take his shitty mark with him.

Based Corvo
>>
>>341396037
You know if you want to tryhard, there's a no powers mode right? It was announced
>>
>>341396037
>there still isn't a single goddamn enemy that can stand up to your bullshit
citation needed
>>
>>341396037
>lying online to make your online personal seem more badass than your real pathetic self

It's obvious.
>>
>>341396193
You shouldn't have to gut a core part of your game design doc just to produce a modicum of challenge. And even that doesn't solve the problem of the parry window, or your retardedly powerful firearms, or your tranq-crossbow, etc.
>>
>>341395541

What's your theory, senpai?

I have one too:

>The Outsider is more or less the source of all magic in the Dishonored universe.
>The whales in the Dishonored universe fuel The Outsider.
>The need for whale-oil is skyrocketing so they start killing more and more whales.
>This results in less magic being fed to The Outsider.
>This is what's causing him to die.
>>
>>341395403
it is possible. I know for sure you can do clean hands/poetic justice at once and ghost also counts neutralizations iirc. mostly flesh and steel is possible in the same run if you are decent enough
>>
>>341396286
Try it. I dare you. Max the difficulty, rush headlong into a group of enemies, and mash like a moron while looking in their general direction. 98% chance you'll make it out fine.
>>
>>341395038
poor choice of words

I meant viable as in fun to play, not just accessable
>>
>>341395873
Why would it not be possible?

Alert no one for ghost
Purchase no powers (this means the blink upgrade, don't get tripped up there. Can't buy that.) for Flesh and Steel
Kill no one for Clean Hands
Poetic Justice already involves killing no one, to a degree.
>>
>>341396437
Yeah. Same as what you wrote. I also think that one of them (corvo or emily) will become the new outsider
>>
>>341396906

Mah nigga!

>THERE MUST ALWAYS BE AN THE OUTSIDER
>>
>>341396494
>>341396830
Allrighty, thanks anons.
I'll do this run with maxed difficulty cranked up this time.
>>
>>341390678
maybe one of the ending is emily staying in the void with him
>>
>>341389618
I enjoy this game but I mostly play it for the plot, characters and ships
>>
>>341395987
But the theory makes a lot of sense. In the trailer the outsider looked more human then before (maybe a sign of dying)
>>
>>341389618
Are we going to get more Daud?
>>
>>341397670

Of course, Michael Madison needs those checks.
>>
>>341395987
That would be boring
>>
I really like the new look of the void, rhe white blacj is better the the bluey tinge they had going

> yfw replying through ds1 and becoming a fish
>>
>>341399901
What
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.